All Comments on 'Midlife Crisis'

by rpsuch

Sort by:
  • 59 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
not worth a titlenaff naff

naff naff naff

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great writing

I only have one complaint to direct at you - you're not prolific enough! Unusual story about real people who react as real people do to changing circumstances. The wife proved the extent of her love for the husband and he responded accordingly. This story will not suit the 'pull the todger' brigade, of course, but once in a while it's good to have some real literature on this site.

Many thanks.

Litbees

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well

you have done it again. Although I knew what you were leading up to (I read your stories)I wasn't sure how you would end the story. I wish you would write more also, but I prefer quality to quanity. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
This story makes me feel normal.

What a beautiful story that I can identify with and not feel like the dork who missed out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Touching

Very touching story. I just spent some time reading the 'married but looking' boards and was glad to not be married and felt disillusioned about the whole premise. This story has just renewed my faith in the institution of marriage!!Thanks for a good read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Superb and sweet!

I really enjoyed this story. Very well done. Now I'm going to find something to jack off to. :)

Hemi04Hemi04over 19 years ago
Lovely

Well done! Very good story.....and, ain't it the truth, though? We don't know what we have got, until we lose it, and this guy was lucky he realised in time......hehe, I can identify with this, there is NOTHING to bring you up so short as a spell of sickness, and a loving wife taking care of you...now THIS should have gone in the Loving Wife section, in the true meaning of the words.....

Jim

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 19 years ago
you did it again

its nice to have a writer around that knows men are capable of thinking with their big head,not just the little head.

you style is my cup of tea. to the point without a lot of embellishment that does nothing for the story,only increases the page count. thats why i don't read more printed novels,i get bored.

i'm sure you'll get your share of criticism for the lack of sex in this story,not to worry.a good story can survive without it.

will be looking forward for more stories from you.

don

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 19 years ago
How nice to read a story

I delayed commenting on this, my friend, until it came out on Literotica. I was sure you would be receiving blasts from the mouth breathers who can't see beyond their penis. With some of us, even that is farther away then their vision.

My fears were totally unfounded. Those looking only to exercise their right arm stayed away.

A lovely little story that allows us to see why we married. So often writers here equate good sex as being the end all of marriage instead of the frosting. I believe good sex can be created by about any man who is willing to be patient and unselfish. He is always rewarded beyond his wildest expectations.

Doug

Ghost BearGhost Bearover 19 years ago
Since Too Far

I have been reading your stories here on Literotica and have been entertained with some very fine writing and humour. This one again shows a real loving relationship. Please keep posting your stories.

writingdragonwritingdragonover 19 years ago
True Love vs. Wanton Lust

RP, thanks for showing how it should be done. Long term commitment, with understanding,love and the right reactions.

writingdragonwritingdragonover 19 years ago
True Love vs. Wanton Lust

RP, thanks for showing how it should be done. Long term commitment, with understanding,love and the right reactions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
The birds of a feather

Contrary to the flock of glowing comments, the best part of your story was the last sentence. The rest was sub Reader's Digest in interest and there it is nothing but gross reading of vomit and diarreah.

This site's address is Literotica. What you posted was neither literature which deserved a HOT rating nor was it erotic at all.

You need immense work on improving your writing as your ability is now more like a boring Walter Mitty. Try to speak to the passions of your life which are in your heart. Then your writing will excell beyond the birds with boring lives seeking solace that it is alright to find refuge in your words.

chezshirecatchezshirecatover 19 years ago
Great story

You're right, I've never seen a story quite like this one on Literotica before. You did a great job, kept my interest and made a worthy point at the end. Thanks for a refreshing read.

englander1961englander1961over 19 years ago
A provoking story

RP you are a teller of tales. Your style is deceptively easy and simple. I admire your work and thanks for a 'regular' story. One thing puzzles me -- isn't there a non-erotic category?

Susan

rpsuchrpsuchover 19 years agoAuthor
appropriate category

Englander1961: I thought this fit non-erotic, romance and loving wives. The latter category runs a wide range of behavior from just vignettes between a loving couple to the wife treating the husband in a way that would make most men want to commit suicide. Most of the stories involve cheating and most talk about sex as if it were the primary basis for marriage. I wanted to express a different opinion to those who regularly read the category. I knew I might take heat from those who think the category is only about cheating and extramarital sex but I was prepared to do so. I warned as strongly as I could so they would not have to read something that was not in their enjoyment zone.

I also wanted to give people something to think about in a context they would recognize and understand and the readership for loving wives exceeds by many times the readership for the other categories. I haven't posted non-sex but the activity I've experienced in loving wives has been 3-5 times the activity I got in romance.

rpsuchrpsuchover 19 years agoAuthor
category - oops

Oops. No wonder the question as to choice of category. I swear I posted under Loving Wives. This is as far from erotic as I can imagine. Romantic in a way, but not remotely erotic.

FableFableover 19 years ago
Walter Mitty?

What's boring about Walter Mitty? My all time favorite short story. As was Midlife Crisis, the best writing I've seen here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Great Story

Great story. As many of the comments said,-- it's not sexy, it's not erotic--- but it sure is refreshingly pleasant to read a story about a loving wife and a husband who appreciates what he has. 60 year old George

ChagrinedChagrinedabout 19 years ago
Kinda redundant to say

But great story! I like exploring peoples emothions as well. And the old will she'won't she, is he a cuckhold or is he a man frack gets a little tiring after a while, doesn't it/ nice to get to read a good story!

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Great Realization.

The Last paragraph tells the whole story. It is so good that he realizes it in time!!

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
Been Here!

Good story! I have been where he was at! He did the right thing! Now he needs to talk to his wife and get the problems cleaned up! If she loves him she will be more than willing! You could have added a few more chapters that would have given this story some zing! About their discussion and what they did to set things right again!!!!

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Lve is.....

One night I left work early feeling like I was going to throw up, I made the 20 minute drive home bearly able to keep it down. Just when I pulled in front of the house I blew all over the passenger seat of the car. I got into the house and my wife went to work helping me get out of my vomit covered clothes, got me through a quick shower and got me settled on the couch. I then watched her get a pale of water some towels and a bottle of cleaner and head for the door. I asked her what she was doing and she said she was going to clean the car. That was the moment that I relised that this woman truly loved me. Anyone can be good company or be a great sex partner but only true love cleans up the mess.

Loved the Law and Order plot.

Thank you.

CW

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Good one.........

A very good story of a man realizing what is really important in his life!

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
This is The Reality

And then, when you think of it, after she does all that cleaning up of you after you worship for days at the porcelain altar, how can you ever begin to thank her?

This is the reality of married life - it's not glamorous or sexy or erotic - not in the usual sense of the word.

But once you get past the ho-hum minutia of daily life, you can work together at making your moments together special, glamorous, sexy, & erotic. Don't just say you love her, TELL her you love her, and then let her know that sometimes she can be a little bit crazy; she doesn't have to be coldly practical all the time; spend some impractical romantic time together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Well done

The grass really isn't greener on the other side, it's just a different patch of grass. Thanks for a refreshing tale of life and love.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Life's not pretty sometimes

rp:

But it is what it is and sometimes we all need a slap in the head to remind us that what we think we want doesn't matter, What we actually need is all that matters. If we're willing to work at it it'll usually turn out OK. Thank You. Ronnie W.

eliocecheteliocechetabout 16 years ago
Right category

Only a word about the category. I have never read in this site of a woman as loving as Jenna. Thak you RP.

Elio

bornagainbornagainalmost 16 years ago
Stupid husband

The Husband should get his head examined if he and his wife are having a mid life crisis then why isnt he trying to take them both to a marriage counceler and try talking it out instaed of cheating on his wife then he sees Jenna come home after he is sick at home then she takes care of him and when she goes to work and he starts to feel better he runs off to Krystal in his new Porshe .

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Really Really Good

Anyone thinking about having a affair should read this, Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Author has a sharp and perceptive mind

rpsuch is a pleasure to read. I enjoy the wit and sarcastic humor embedded in each story. His characters have real life strength and weaknesses so following each imaginative plot is an adventure. Looking forward to more in the vein.

huedogghuedoggalmost 13 years ago
thank you

good choice

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
I agree Hue

A mature choice and a good one - for all -

x_witless_xx_witless_xabout 11 years ago
Slightly belabored but very enjoyable.

thanks for writing - 4*

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Very, very cute.

I think I got through my mid-life crisis with only a Mazda Miata. It recently turned age 23. (I intended for it to outlive me.) Last week it was totaled by a "kid" who cut me off on the highway.

mickymouse113mickymouse113almost 10 years ago
Heartwarming

A lovely heart warming tale. I was expecting a twist at the end with the wife having poisoned him but I enjoyed nevertheless. Somebody once said that Love and Marriage is do laundry. Who do you want to be doing laundry with in 25+ years time?

This tale forced the protagonist to answer a similar question and it was a surprisingly pleasant tale on life after 'they lived happily ever after'.

5*

hermie55hermie55almost 9 years ago
Nice

A very thoughtful story. With a happy ending. I enjoyed it completely.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 8 years ago
Good Results

A thoughtful and happy ending.

Reay good story.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
poisoned?

Am I the only one that's thinking Jenna might have learned of his plans, and poisoned him as a pre-emptive punishment or conditioning, and to show him what he already has?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just read this one!

I know this story is a little older but just found this story and read it. Glad I did....made me smile and think about my wife...she is cut from the same mold and wouldn't trade her.

Thanks for the story!

"Buckeye Fan"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@lb_says

I awaited that same twist coming...along with separation papers!!! He had telegraphed intentions with Porsche purchase.

I am male but rules do not change because of gender!!!

Husband spent months betraying her trust, plotting the sexual betrayal, car purchase was selfish act considering money should have been used to provide for fairly young children.

Believe you wrote story about wife who planned to cheat but changed mind as lover had herpes. This guy is male verdion of her and I recall not praising her for her actions.

This husband had already cheated regardless no sex.

Even though he also had epiphany ''when i look back'' I hope he spends month dealing with guilt that only a sudden onset of flu is reason he didn't screw Krystal.

Not sure what issues he thought marriage had but his wife Jenna is one of only a dozen or so members of an nearly extinct being

A REAL WOMAN

She deserves better, hope his change is permanent

I will have to check...when he arrives at in-laws children greeted him warmly...no mention of Jenna's reation?????

Need to check!

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozabout 7 years ago
Didn't meet one character I liked or respected

Perhaps that's real life in America.

Deserved each other, in mutual misery rather than this inconsequential "resolution".

Hope they all get AIDS, herpes and whatever else is doing the rounds.

Hope it's painful and protracted too!

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 7 years ago
Oh

I liked your story

StormKing33StormKing33over 6 years ago
2* Wrong Category

The story was mostly about cuck wimp husband's vomit and diarrhea Oympics. This is definitely non erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well done

Enjoyed it thoroughly

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Nice

Man knew what side his toast was buttered on. Very smart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
he was... betrayed!

a fat cock smoked, a cornhole busted, betrayed!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Another

Another very good story. Guess I haven't found your work before because you aren't a big BTB guy. Just great stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Nice

Good to read about a guy who realizes that the grass may not really be greener on the other side.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Story

It was nice to see the guy realize just how good he really had it. Not too likely, I don’t think, that some little chippie who would knowingly screw a married man, would also have the selflessness to spend time nursing him through a nasty illness. It takes someone special, like a good wife, to do something like that. Like I said, it very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice story...

.....with a logical and welcome ending from an astute and enjoyable writer. Five stars

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 4 years ago
We've all been there

We become so familiar with our partners that we take them for granted. I really liked this story. It is humorous as well as inciteful. Thanks. A 5 Star Rating.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCyclealmost 4 years ago
I haven't been there

Just saying

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Reading again

For my taste, this is your best story. I enjoyed it again.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Definitely an original story for LW. This is a story with a real Loving Wife and a loving husband who, temporarily, lost his way.

-

Thank-you for the nice surprise.

-

Pasqual

TrambakTrambakalmost 2 years ago

The last paragraph sums it up.

Take up bungee jumping if you're looking for something dangerous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh, wow. I was waiting for her to figure out he had an STD and leave his ass, glad to be wrong! 5 stars, for restoring my faith in fictional humanity.

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

A true loving wife story. And it looks like the husband will try to be a loving husband.

TwentysevenTwentysevenabout 1 year ago

Wow, an author with the right priorities. We can only hope some of the others take the lesson on board.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous