All Comments on 'Colleen Takes a Lover'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 421 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
not your best

could have been better

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well, that sucked, but then all this guy's stories suck

What was the point to any of this? Page after page of bullshit. You're just not a very good writer. The only thing you're good at is writing stories that piss people off. This didn't event do that. It was just mind-numbing. Two stars.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
Awful

Just awful. Characters that are robots are so fun to read about. Timeline all screwed up as she would be in 50s having a baby. Not impossible but highly highly unlikely. The odds of birth defects at that age are upwards of 40%.

In closing, why spend time on something that bad? Either u r this bad or u r trying to provoke. An utter waste of time in either case.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
AND THEY ALL LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER not

and this little piggy stayed home. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It was okay

until you fucked it up with the faker than shit bullshit of Colleeen divorcing him because she "loved" him.

You're one twisted fuck, that much I'll admit.

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

You should have given the cunt cancer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sorry

Sorry I can't retrieve the ten minutes of my life that I spent reading this bullshit, what a load of crap

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 6 years ago
This is the way the two dual whirlwind affairs end: not with a bang but a diaper ( the oblivesence of forbidden amor ).

The Top 5 Foremost RIGHT and wrong Literary Features Employed To Multitudinous Effect by BigGuy33 in my estimable and yet oh so HUMBLE opinion. 

Legal Disclaimer: All assertions of balletristic quality are subjective and valid only in the singular and unique  LSD  literary reality macrocosm and all associated and apropriate adjunct domains. All liability via cognitive dissonance  damages sustained by mouthbreathing anons skulking out of designated troll lanes to peruse said contents are held out to be null and void.

1) RIGHT : Excellent concluding dénouement where Clarissa and David part ways in understated and yet compassionate as befitting two individuals who spent 2 decades with each other as first priority until one of them decided to riff on the monogamy bit that had sustained them as couple.

 Kudos.

2) WRONG : We all knew Clarissa would be in for reciprocal bombshell update on how David had been occupying himself and filling void in his heart . Only she and ostensibly the author took it for granted that David would be weeping into his kraft beer ala so many Matt Moreau laid low by cheating wife luminaries.

BigGuy33 should have made us privy as to how she could so ruinously underestimate her helpmate.

3) RIGHT : The tale steadily ratcheted up in tension like hitman's garrote setting up for cards on table reveal.

4) WRONG :  The supporting characters that in girltime tête-e-têtes that lead Clarissa down primrose path in terms of would-be worldly marital mores was apropos for her union should have been given more heft . It was all tell and zero show in that regard.

The story got claustrophobic with spotlight fixated almost exclusively on two main characters.

Maybe next time.

5) RIGHT : I liked that Clarissa made Ryan wait three dates, cut the conversation short when he took an avenue that teetered on talking smack about David , never stopped trying to assuage David's feelings . She wasn't loyal on carnal level , but was " faithful in her fashion " from start to finish.

Well played. 

Bottom line(s): The story was eminently readable , but was too true to Loving Wife formula to be compelling. This genre should be the runway that story accelerates down , achieves liftoff in at least one transcendent scene that makes reader forget about morality play.

One unfettered outburst of passion or pain was called for . David did briefly shout at Clarissa but instantly apologized. The Prince of passive-aggressive held an edified but tyrannical sway from start to finis.

Ergo the oblique assessment

Four Starmarks * * * *

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Who is "Colleen"?

I quite liked the story and even agreed with @LordSlamdawgg, somewhat, but he seems to be commenting on a different story. :)

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
So, Colleen tells her husband she’s taking a lover . . .

. . . before she even samples the wares? Ryan could have been a dud, so you’d think any woman as rational as Colleen is presented as being would have checked that out first.

Other than that, I can see this as happening in real life, sadly enough.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
like it

liked it as all ur work. a few errors but what story on this site doesnt. "She would proceed with her plans with Ryan and continue to be David's loving wife" that little tid bit made me laugh my ass off lol

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Ugh....

Sorry. Far too civilized and neat for such pathetic and disgusting behavior.

I have a really hard time believing women this stupid exist, not cheating women, women who rub their husband's faces in it and expect not to lose anything from their marriage.

Colleen getting pregnant was beyond stupid and an even bigger betrayal seeing how she had none with her husband.

What a bad joke she really is.

I'm actually as skeptical as you BigGuy, that a woman would ever pull something this asinine but thanks for the work.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
to: anon, "who is colleen"

colleen is the wife of david. if u scroll up a bit from the place u posted the comment u will see her name in the last sentence i think u got confused what story u commenting on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well done... in an understated way.

Remember folks, it's just a story, and an entertaining one at that. So civilized. So dispassionate. That's what makes it such a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
1*

What a stupid fucked up ending. No more like this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another WACC story from a Master (bater)

What a Wimp Ass Castrated Cuckold of a man, supports her and her bastard child for the rest of their lives what a total joke. God there are some milktoast writers here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Gave a 3 star for the story

Gave you three stars for putting in the effort. But mostly it was boring.

The ending was anti-climactic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
after reading some

of these stories i now know why trump is president only americans think this way.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
Not boring

But predictable.

Part of the problem was the POV. It was focused on her, and no one would sympathize with her. But you wanted the Alena 'twist' which was as foreseeable as sunrise.

It might have had more 'punch' if you had outlined why he couldn't get a divorce. But honestly, it was eminently doable. He is a high status wealthy guy, so he, as Alena made evident, had the pick of the litter. Chicks are CIRCLING to nail a guy like that. So while I pencilled in a half assed rationale of not wanting to split his business, that was MY contribution, not your construction.

Now a welder living paycheck to paycheck? HE had a huge problem. She can come home blowing 'cum bubbles' and he'll have to 'make adjustments'.

He didn't care, so I didn't care. She cared, a little, but there was no tension. No drama. No problem. Just a low grade revulsion at her actions.

She is a 42 year old woman having her first baby...alone! I wish her all the joy that comes from that. I hope she rips her perenium.

Her dating life is essentially over. Her fuck buddy life is over. Baby vomit is not an aphrodisiac.

She doesn't need a broken face. This is enough. She'll be sixty when her child graduates.

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1about 6 years ago
Idiotic!!!

If still people like your protagonist aroung you, think about your state and leave the nut house as soon as possible!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very Good

Very good story with believable characters. Though the wife was a little stupid. I cannot see any normal man putting up with her screwing around for a week much less a year. Still the characters seemed believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The author

does post this disclaimer that it is unrealistic to think a wife would just come right out and be "in your face" with her adultry. But it is a theme repeated a lot here so there just may be some truth to the idea. It would be interesting of this author or any other here would actually do research on the idea and cite a study or poll that would make the story more realistic.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

Typical Loving Wife logic - HE loves HER too much to divorce her, even though she doesn't love him enough to be faithful.

"He was young and energetic, like David used to be." - Of course, SHE'S still as "young and energetic" as SHE used to be, right?

So, HER body's aging is to be expected, but it's a strike against David?

It's not right to break a "date" with your BOYFRIEND in order to spend time with your HUSBAND?!

"David, comments like that aren't helpful" - LOL, excuse HIM for not wanting to be helpful with her cheating!

His only choice is to "give her his all"? That's not going to convince her not to go, it's going to make her think that he's given in.

"She certainly couldn't go meet him with the stink of sex with her husband on her. That would be rude and disrespectful, just as coming to her husband after being with Ryan in the future would be." - Oh, no! She wouldn't want to be rude to her lover, letting him know that she's fucking her HUSBAND! How nice, that she's showing her husband the same consideration, of course, it's not like he wouldn't already know she was fucking her Ryan!

Very magnanimous of her not to take offense that Ryan probably took other women there, after all, she expects David to not take offense at her and Ryan!

SHE may feel that she's done nothing wrong, and that her love for David is "completely intact," but David obviously doesn't agree, and she just too willfully blind to see it.

SHE'S getting irritated at HIS attitude? She had done her "best," but that didn't include giving up Ryan!

LOL, she's worried about hurting David, but she's throwing it in his face!

WEEKS are going by, and she still doesn't see that there is a serious problem?

"YOU'RE FUCKING THAT BIG-BOOBED BITCH?!" - ROFL!

I'm a little surprised that he seems a little bit upset. Good riddance to the slut!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@gmann57 Re: Cancer

Yeah, I thought that the stomach pains were going to be something more serious.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
crap

sorry no man would do this and honestly no lady would even contemplate it 1 star . not that well constructed ,,

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@enderlocke77 Re: to: anon, "who is colleen"

I think the confusion is due to LSD's comment, where he kept referring to her as "Clarissa."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I have no idea why this is a trope here

I've never once encountered a situation where the wife announces she is taking a lover. That said, I enjoyed the story. I've just never been able to commit to this particular premise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
OK... but too predictable.

This story followed a typical "BigGuy theme. Ageing wife has an affair, cant believe the husband will not accept it in the end because she still loves him and nothing will really change. He objects and makes other arrangements with another women and in the end he is better off, and she loses. Maybe he Author needs to write a wimp story or some sort or a reconciliation story so we won't know where it is headed before we get 1/4 the way through."We need to talk" is similar but more twists and complications, a better story. This one is more like "Slow separation", I would expect the story ratings to be more like the later than the former.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well written!

It's undoubtedly well written, but as the author himself admitted in the intro, this storyline is almost impossibly unrealistic.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Ridiculous premise

I only made it to the first set of ***.

I’m perfectly okay with fantasy fiction, but maybe this should have been placed in Sci-Fi instead of LW? The author himself begins this story with a note explaining that he doubts this situation has ever occurred before. I doubt it, too. I’ve certainly never heard or read about it before. Why write an entire story based on the ridiculous premise that a wife would set up a date with another man and expect her husband to go along with it?

It was obvious from the first paragraph where this story is heading. There’s no way I’m reading five pages of that. Sorry.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 6 years ago
Bloodless

A very modern sensibility. No passion.

Sidney43Sidney43about 6 years ago

Agree, a bit far fetched although not outside the bounds of reality. Well written and an easy read, so thanks for that. Actually, I liked the ending and the fact that Ryan owned up to his responsibilities and admitted he was not husband material.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
LOL Ridiculous Premise

Depending on the study, 90-sh percent of any variation of open marriages end in divorce. 15 ish percent of marriages are declared "open" to some degree, but only 20 ish percent of those people actually act on it.

Basically, most of these stories, including (if not especially) swinging marriages that are successful are fantasy. So what? Pot, kettle. You both write fun stories and they're fantasy. But be honest here: A successful open marriage is a ridiculous premise. Glass houses. Insert other metaphor here.

BigGuy: I found it an entertaining dive into the realm of fantasy.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 6 years ago
Implausible, but then its meant to be fiction

And from that perspective I felt it was done better than most stories of this genre. The one major quibble I had was that Colleen and David were never portrayed as the type of couple who would not have wanted to have children. Using preganancies to resolve the ending is what made everything seem too unrealistic.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 6 years ago
Better lives ahead

Together they would never have had kids. They were both selfish people. The situation changed both of their outlooks. His kid will have the better life since both parents will be together. Her kid will probably be left with nannies and then private boarding school. She will continue to be self absorbed and take on a string of boy toys until her looks are gone and she is a dried up lonely old lady.

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Intriguing

The lie session with her girl friends was really unbelievable, but she really was blindsided by her husband's logical reaction, which suggests she really should

have visited a psychiatrist before embarking on her voyage of discovery.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Excellent

Well done, look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Troubling

According to an article in CNN this week, it says 58% of men would not mind if their wife took a lover and became a cuckhold and can be positive influence to their marriage. It does not harm the marriage and makes it stronger but BOTH, husband AND wife must agree with it.

He did not and it killed their marriage.

I'm 54 years old and been married almost 30 years. Not once in my time have I ever run across a man who wants to be treated as a second to their marriage or see her fucked by another man. Hell, we've had murder suicides in my small town because of shit like this.

If a man wants to be a cuckhold, they deserve exactly what they get.

This guy was still a wimp by not getting rid of her ass at the very beginning though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
great story

great story, really enjoyed it. would really love to see a part two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Don't trust CNN

Those articles on Cuckholding are intentionally false. They're dramatic to increase views, which increase ad views, which increase revenue. Being truthful is less important than generating those views.

There's a lot more on CNN that's the same. Dramatic stuff with no evidence which fits into a bias to inflame people with the opposite bias and people with whom it agrees, all for ad revenue.

You can't trust CNN, or any of the news agencies anymore. All because of this.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Anony: Very Good wrote . . .

. . . that he couldn’t see any normal man putting up with this for a week, much less a year. Trouble is, there really are a lot of men out there who do put up with at least similar things, for a lot more than a week.

This story required some suspension of disbelief, but not a lot.

My guess is that Colleen was just too blatant about things. I wonder how many guys out there simply don’t know what they don’t want to know.

robt1157robt1157about 6 years ago
Typical

I find Colleen extremely, pathetically stupid. David is just as bad, only in a different way. How could any NORMAL wife think any NORMAL husband would agree with this crap? Her friends? How could she be so blind not to see through their lies? Then there's David, who just puts up with it, when her shit should have been packed on the first date, and still ends up paying for her child. 2* because the end wasn't an end at all.

patilliepatillieabout 6 years ago
Kept me turning the page

but in the end unsatisfying. Not enough pain for the cheating bitch, but realistic as this concept could be.

jbpeters74jbpeters74about 6 years ago
Counseling and Divorce

I can understand he wanted her to decide for herself that it wasn't worth the risk, but I think he should have said "If you walk out that door, I will have my lawyers write up the papers and I will start the divorce process, right now the marriage is seriously damaged and we should see a marriage counselor just to see if we can still save it. I have never been so disrespected before and right now I don't know who you are. I would have never believed that the one person I loved for 25 years could do such a thing to me. And in case you want to know I am not like those other husbands and your should know that." Then if she still went on her date, done.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Interesting Tale

Wifey did sort of grow up by the end - finally understood that actions have consequences. Sure took her long enough.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 6 years ago
For Any Future Reader

This is a humiliating cuck story written by a bitter female (or someone about to have the surgery.) Might want to avoid it...

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
The premise is outside of normal expectations

I won't say NO woman has done this. But few women are this brazen unless they have some 'edge'; she has the money, her dad is a mobster, he just got caught fucking the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, she is twice his size.

Women DIE doing this shit. So do men. And social expectations are much harder on the women. So while great for a dramatic opening line, it twigs the BS meter.

What is the more common situation is a man becomes aware but after decades of matrimony, he doesn't care. But there isn't much of a story there

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Strangely unsatisfying

Once again, you're one of the best authors on this site. No doubt you can spin a good yarn. This story played well until the end. At which point it seemed to lose it's zip and both players went flat and unemotional. You'd think a man that had been married that long would be more upset that his wife unilaterally tells him she's going to take a lover, does so and then continues on, literally rubbing her affair in his face. How does a man deal with that level of disrespect and continue to function? She was the epitome of a self centered narcissist. A thoroughly despicable woman. One of the things that bothered me at the end was her pregnancy. That seemed like a manufactured plot point. A woman that has spent her LIFE not getting pregnant, doesn't suddenly forget about her birth control. And a man in his position, determined to have an heir, would have picked a more acceptable woman to have his child. He would have known the inherent issues with having a mixed race baby. So your characters choices at the end felt wrong, given their wealth and position. And the story really seemed to slip off the cliff at the end. There seems to be so much more to say. About their relationship, about the divorce, about her relationship with Ryan, about his relationship with Alana and about her relationship with her so-called friends.

Well written, badly ended story. One further point. In his position, there's no way in hell that his office door isn't locked when he's playing with Alana. Keep writing. One of these times you'll get it JUST right and I'll be happy! :)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Strangely unsatisfying"

Not that I think it's the issue that you do, but where do you see "mixed race"?

I don't think ANYBODY'S race was ever mentioned!

SKHPSKHPabout 6 years ago
STDs?

She was not only disrepecting her "beloved" husband, but also gambling with his health or even his life by possibly "importing" STDs into the marriage. Ryan has the attitude of a player and might have other sluts on his list.

So I do not understand why this issue did not come up in the story and the comments.

And she really thought that her husband would resume intimacy with her under these conditions? For me it seems impossible to continue a relationship with someone so ruthless and selfish to the core. Why he did not act consequently and immediately ended this sham of a marriage is beyond my belief.

Well written story, even if parts of the plot did not meet my expectations - 4*

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 6 years ago
Missed a better solution

It bothers me when the jerk in the story gets to have his philandering genes passed on (and such genes are at least partly or highly inherited), while the honest guy loses.

That's why, at an gut level, David's upset with her taking a lover: he's losing the chance to have a baby.

Why is abortion never, *ever* considered as an option in lit-erotica stories? Why does the Pro-life agenda seem to dominate 100%? The child stands a higher chance of being a self-centered brat who will grow into at jerk / slut.

A better solution would be for her to have that only 3-4 week old embryo removed and for Colleen to have the decent, loving man's baby that she would still raise by herself. at least then the wrong guy, Ryan wouldn't win the reproduction sweepstakes.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000about 6 years ago
OMG

I searched through the whole story and found no trace of any Henry guy😯

hindsight2020hindsight2020about 6 years ago
The pregnancy lost it.

The pregnancy and the lack of reaction pretty much sunk this story from a 3to4* down to a 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Stories are getting worse, BigGuy.........this one hit a brick wall after page 1.

Animefan2929Animefan2929about 6 years ago
Wow

The was a fast 4 star to a 1star. Ending bombed the whole story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What a...

...DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5-Stars

OK, I thought it was great. David got what he deserved, an attractive wife who loved him and possibly someone to take over his business. Colleen got what she deserved, knocked up, no husband and likely raising a child by herself. Probably can’t depend much on a confirmed bachelor. Too bad he had the funds to allow her to continue her lifestyle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hey! Did you jerks read the disclaimer?

It warned us that there was NO Reconciliation and NO bitches were burned. But you clowns are whining about the lack of fire under her!

If you think about it, this is the only ending (that fits the above parameters) where she finally gets respect for him, and does the right thing. I’d expected to find out that he’d spent the months of chastity financially preparing for a possible divorce, but that wasn’t the case. The ending took an unexpected twist. She felt what he’d felt. She finally saw things from another viewpoint. At last, she got “it.” And it was all her fault. So, she did right by him for a change. She put his happiness above hers for a change.

This story gets 5 big ones from me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
a different story for sure

"I plan to have a full-time live-in nanny, which you will be indirectly paying for."

just one more unintentional sign of disrespect that he will be actually supporting another man's baby. Now why did she have to say that? And as a man who was in tune with trying to get her to see what she put him through he let's that comment slide?

I generally enjoy all of your stories. But this story was like being introduced to a minefield and told ahead of time all the mines are deactivated and to take a stroll.

You know the potential for damage, destruction, and hurt. You are on pins and needles. But with each step and a lack of response or action, the stroll becomes boring..

Sorry sir. But this story is probably one of your worst ones. But I will continue to be a fan.

CharliegutzacheCharliegutzacheabout 6 years ago
OMG

What l don't understand, is why doesn't the hubby say to the wife's announcement that she is going to take a lover, "If you're going to have another man then l too will have another woman", as soon as he says that, it should shock the wife from wanting to have an affair, especially if her man is going to do it too. lol, as l see it should be the first thing any hubby should say to his wife, if you're going to, then l sure as hell am going too as well.

Cheers CGA

davwoodavwooabout 6 years ago
Déjà vu

When I discovered that my first wife was having an affair and I confronted her, she was sorry that I found out but she fully intended to continue the relationship and I had to come to terms with it. We had two young children so my first concern was them and my second concern was for myself.

As in thus story from that day forward I didn’t have any intimacy with my wife. I turned to my PA a beautiful nubile coloured girl. I chased her and she resisted until she saw for herself that my wife was conducting an affair. Then it was plain sailing, we became lovers and we quickly fell in love. In the second year my wife announced she was pregnant and I was the father. I mean how stupid does she think I was! I sued for divorced on grounds of adultery an promptly married my PA . I never looked back and yes, two wrongs can make it right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Meh

Are you kid or what, too fucking stupid to do anything but scan over, quit writing.. trash...

Your name is Big Guy... But all of your stories is full of wimps..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it!

I like all your stories but this is one of your better ones. Thanks for sharing!

I apologize for the comments from the deplorables who apparently were raised without manners by execrable wastes of skin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Colleen is a piece of shit

and her husband should have dumped her sorry ass after her declaration of intentions and first date with Ryan.

AnnetteBishopAnnetteBishopabout 6 years ago
Three for effort

I have not a clue as to what you’re trying to say. Xoxoxoxo Annette

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
This was a very good story. But only 5*

It would have been 10* if Henry had been in it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What a screwed up couple-story line

Just wacky makes no sense .crazy he keeped the marriage and then the pregnancies

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
@sbrooks103x

yeah reread it after submitting that last comment lol

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dumb

No man would have put up with that shit the moment it came out of her mouth. Sorry....just pissed me off.

TediumsShadowTediumsShadowabout 6 years ago
expertly crafted but horribly depressing

well written, in every sense

But very disappointing. I peruse Literotica for erotic material.

This story, by its subject matter, depressing.

If I ever feel like getting my "depression" on, just such a story as this would hit the spot.

cuckoldry is only fun when.......it's fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
?????

?????

Bizarre in the extreme.

Is this what Trump’s little world is like.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow, a very interesting interpretation of the wife needs a lover plot.

Can we agree that they obviously didn't have much of a marriage to begin with? Of course all of you who have a similar tepid shallow marriage will disagree. But he married a very selfish entitled mostly useless woman, then spoiled her with a cushy leisurely lifestyle. And instead of feeling gratitude and commitment toward her husband, she feels entitled to have her cake and eat it too. And true to form, while withdrawing himself physically and emotionally from the marriage, he still never imposes any expectations or demands; he simply makes requests, and endures the disappointment when she decides to take full advantage of her fuck toy, despite the adverse affects on her marriage. No, it just wasn't much of a marriage to begin with, with no respect, and no fear of its loss. You illustrated that almost perfectly.

He is exactly right when he points out that she does think she loves him. But her actions simply illustrate that she has no idea what true love and respect look like, and how it is lived. But she is about to find out! She will now be a much happier and self confident woman, and mother, because unlike her timid weak willed husband, her child will not be. Her child will make honest genuine demands, and return to her open innocent unrestrained love. She found out how good sex can be. She's about to find out how good love can be, and how much work true reciprocal love entails. And I think she may have the inner strength to rise to the challenge of mother hood. Setting her husband free was not just generous, but also self serving. She has now also set herself free. There are the makings of a really compelling story in how she deals with the new challenges her life will entail. And what future relationships will look like as she discovers how little she invested into her first marriage.

As to her ex husband, I think it will mostly be in Alana's hands if the marriage is to succeed. If he continues to spoil and indulge Alana, and their children, he may very well end up again being the butt of disrespect and subconscious contempt. I don't get the feeling that his and Alana's story will be nearly as interesting, but it might satisfy a mild curiosity.

So overall well done. And really interesting how divided and varied the responses are. I was particularly fascinated by Annette Bishop indicating she didn't understand this story at all. From a woman who apparently lives a very similar life style and marriage as the unfaithful wife. Fascinating!

There's really even more to analyze, like why it was so important to her that her friends concealed their unhappy cheating marriages. And what it means that she found camaraderie with cheating wives to begin with, apparently without any objection from her husband. Truly, her husband was a clueless detached indulgent dolt.

Thanks for a very thought provoking story.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 6 years ago
The first pages were mindless crap

But the ending surprised me. You actually made them realustic.

Sadly, i could only give 2 stars because there was no realistic act between anyone in this story.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
Was Colleen a cheater?

After all, she told her husband what she was going to do, before she did it, and even if he didn’t like it, he still stayed with her, for a year. She was completely honest with him, and he CHOSE to put up with it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Has this story been on here before

I think a lot of stories have been reprinted on here lately

cpetecpeteabout 6 years ago
and they all lived happy ever after..

except with a twist, as all parties got what they wanted in this tale in the end...sort of...

Interesting ending on a old tried and true storyline. I enjoyed the read, so thanks for posting

NexttimeroundNexttimeroundabout 6 years ago
Liked it

... for its good dialogue and the interaction between spouses. Surprising ending with civilised final departure. An important point of course is that they had never had kids. This was only really dealt with at the end. If it had been covered earlier on then the continuing behaviour of wife would have had more context.

But for me the real interest is the way this wife and apparently lots of others really think hubby will accept the affair. They really mean it when they say things at home have no need to change. So the dialogue around this point was the interest for me.

grriz1grriz1about 6 years ago
Easy reader

I found your story easy to read and a bit predictable. I can't say I saw the ending coming the way it did, but in a way yes. It was easy to read, had a good story line and I enjoyed reading it.

imanononeimanononeabout 6 years ago
She was a Cheater

ReedRichard

First let me say I enjoy your stories so please keep writing. Regarding Wife being a cheater: Yes she was. She did it against her husband's will and continued even afer knowing how much pain she caused him. She cheated herself and her husband out of a good marriage and the true love they had for eachother all so she could have a strange you know what. She was selfish and self absorbed. The ending to me did not seem to fit. Wife changed literally overnight after her drive from being a brain dead selfish cheater to someone with enough brain cells to be able to think. For her to continue her behavior as long as she did knowing what it did to her relationship with her Husband, who she supposedly loved was dumb and cruel. Still full marks from me.

anon.1

schulz777schulz777about 6 years ago
????????????

what's the point ?????????

1 star 'sause 5 pages about nothing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
5!

Ever wonder why annony reads all of these LW and cuck stories. It reminds him of his marriage and his dead ex wife. Annony is still trying to get the taste of cum out of his mouth.

rdcyclistrdcyclistabout 6 years ago
Interesting twist!

I liked it a lot. The twist at the end was quite a bit different take than any other LW cheating wife story I can recall and it worked well. It was a bit tough read with the continuing cheating going on but the payoff was worth it.

Thanks for your efforts. I almost always enjoy them...

JAFCriticJAFCriticabout 6 years ago
Very well done!

Thank you for the time and effort you have put into the story. It’s been a long time since I’ve read a Loving Wives story that both husband and wife were able to have an amicable divorce instead of a scorched earth situation. I could feel the emotional turmoil through out the story from both husband and wife without the usual angry and hate infused rhetoric. Thank you for that. I do admit to being surprised by the ending with Colleen becoming pregnant. I had thought it would be cancer or some other disease. I placed Colleen to be around 45 - 50 years old, so I did not think about pregnancy. But it makes sense for her to seek the divorce so that they can each raise their own child. I’m sure some may say that you have not connected all the dots for each character to react the way they have or any other “unrealistic aspect” they feel the story has, but I would like to point out it’s good as written. Thank you.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 6 years ago
Started off

Boilerplate but the twist was good and well written.

Good Story.

mower9527mower9527about 6 years ago
Strong work!

Nicely done. Good build up, win-win/lose-lose. I like it. Can't understand why he put up with it for so long. Love is tough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
LOVED IT, GAVE IT A 5- (*****-).

In my next life i will bump into Colleen, a previously married single mother, & we will see where it will take us.

Colleen was a keeper but for David an open marriage was no marriage.

bigredkerbigredkerabout 6 years ago
Not a Bad Story

Not a great one, either...but much greater that I or, likely, anyone here commenting, is capable of writing. I'd really like to see this story written by a woman to see how the story might read from this different perspective. BigGuy33, you are a very talented writer who I've followed for some time now. You never disappoint. Thank you for sharing your talent with your readers. Mike

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Dopey premise

Absurd characters. Too tedious to finish reading.

Best wishes on writing better stories in the future.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 6 years ago
good writing and storyline 5*

difficult to do a story like this. we have a callous selfish entitled cheater who's taken the best years of her faithfull husbands life and thrown them away. the poor sap loves her to distraction and instead of booting her out or leaving, tries to make her see sense. makes for great dialouge between the waring parties when they are kept under the same roof, the justifications and the counter arguements are often glossed over in the more popular btb stories.

great story.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 6 years ago
although

i would like to see a part 2 where colleen fails as a single mother and ends up alone and penniless with plenty of time to come to a slow and painfull realisation of what a cunt she is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
it's all in the ending

good summary. nice way to wrap it up. soap operish for sure but still it ended the story in 5 pages. well done

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1about 6 years ago
Good read Bigfella

Yes it did frustrate the F$#@ out of me when he didn't go to the door the first night the lover showed up to pick her up. But to each his/her own.

Had more trouble scoring this one than ever before. Initially I was disappointed by the lack of justice but then after contemplation realised their relative lives going forwards was justice of sorts. Our hero acts on considered thoughts and came out well.

Well written and IMO an originally packaged story that deserves a far better reception than it is receiving. I'm glad I ignored the score and read it anyway.

I hope my score lifts it closer to what it deserves.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooabout 6 years ago
Too long

Well written but too repetitive. Pretty much saw this coming. It just was slow in developing. I gave a five but did that mostly to offset the trolls that give ones.

zealerzealerabout 6 years ago
Good Story

We need to separate how we would have reacted from the story itself because people react differently. I am loyal and I demand loyalty, slips might be workable but in an inn your face continuing affair would not be. People are different and what kind of story would it be if the guy walked out on the first hint of an affair.

Dc5655Dc5655about 6 years ago
I concur

Wonderful read!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Lost

Can't understand the good comments.Nohusband would put up with her nonsense and the suggestion she would get herself pregnant on purpose is too ludicrous for words.

RidingAgainin18RidingAgainin18about 6 years ago
Awful

30 minutes I’ll never get back. Not sure what the point of this was.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Give me a friggin break. She's wants a divorce? Why did the cuckold wait so long? Why didn't he divorce her in the beginning? To many unanswered questions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Everything was fine he stayed but got a girl of his own and stopped fucking her. I was hoping for him to be liquidating all assets cash transfers of the business to the new girl and future baby also either selling the house for a split or refinancing to the max . When a person is so inconsiderate as his wife she deserves to have a really bad reality check. I guess people do try and force this on there spouse but I could neve accept that or would never think that anyone would. I would’ve just made sure that some how I could’ve left destruction in my wake. I’m the guy with way to much pride. If I found out after being married for 30 years that 20 years ago my wife had a one night stand and it was the only time she cheated I would still divorce her. Childish maybe but to me that would mean that everything that happened after that was tainted. Her thoughts , feelings and sexual feelings would all be altered. Weather in a good or bad way toward our relationship would change all thoughts towRd the marriage even if she didn’t think it did. Lying and secrets would mount even here she was pretty open but would not tell hubby that he was better in bed or that he liked more things that she did. I hope to never be put in that situation but would destroy all in my path as badly as possible.

carvohicarvohiabout 6 years ago
I'm just white trash...

I read your story and fived it, but I do have a problem.

I watch TV some and read the news, and it seems all the really rich and famous people just don't have the same views about the sanctity of marriage my wife and I have. In your story neither David nor Colleen impress me as being very involved in their marriage, I mean on a truly intimate level. For Colleen it's just "ho hum, he'll adjust, and for David it's, "Gosh I'm put off, OK, back to work." Then at the end it's, "Wow she wants a divorce, wonder why, it surprises me she really wants the house?"

I read it and enjoyed it, but it ended with a dull thud. At least there were no Carmine's, exploding scoreboards, or surprises at the big reception, thanks for that.

Keep writing. Keep trying. Read HDK's "If I Fell" to see where I live.

Jedd Clampett

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
3103 Followers
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...