All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 099'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 301 Comments
BigYin1981BigYin1981about 6 years ago
YAY!

First comment for the win lol, now i'm gonna go blitz read this chapter, thanks Tef :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Is this chapter mislabeled?

The 0 in 099 moves this to a weird spot in the chapter order. You might want to chop it down to just 99. Haven't read yet. Looking forward to it. Have been for two weeks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Damn you Tefler and your cliffhangers. Who are the Abandoned? Are they human slaves? Were they genetically modified and if so by who? Who attacked the Vulkat? Probably a Progenitor but which one? Mael'narek? Ranggon? Some other one?

The mission to the Vulkat was excellent and using Jack and Maria to bypass the censors was inspired but everytime you answer one question, you add another and keep three dangling.

And now I above to wait another month for Chapter 100.

Please think of our sanity.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
RFC Ch 94-98

I hereby submit a request that the names of the above noted chapters be changed to 094 through 098 respectively to restore continuity to the series main page.

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkabout 6 years ago
You cruel Bastard! :)

I don't say this often but i'm on edge to see what happens in the next chapter. The wait will be 100 times as horrible because the fight we all see coming seems to be coming closer and CLOSER. its a good thing you are making it a double chapter :P

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Cliff hangin sum bitch lol keep on keepin on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Patreon billing??

I bought 2 ebooks from Amazon of TSM.. waiting for 3rd and 4th ebook version which reflect said will be launched by end of this month..

Anyone know how patreon bills the pledges.. I am thinking to join there, but not sure how they bill.. there are 156 posts, so will they bill for all those posts or only for new ones which I want??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Patreon Billing

The author selects how you can be billed, offering various options. The base option for Tefler is $1 per month, charged on the day you sign up and on the first of the month going forward, not per post or per chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This has been a long time coming...

Tefler,

Amazing , once again. I've been reading avidly since chapter 1 and its amazing how much your writing just gets better and better. I just had the first paperback delivered and can't wait to dive in while we all anxiously await the 100th chapter. From someone who loves to read, and I feel along with all the other readers here, thank you so much for your amazing dedication and imagination. You've truly created a literary work worth reading every word. As this is my first comment I wanted to make it a good one and also ask if there will ever be a chance to get copies of the books signed? If so I would be very glad to hear how.

Again, thank you ever so much. I can't wait to read your work for another 2 years.

DtJ

muze1602muze1602about 6 years ago
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!

Can't wait to read the next installment. There's always lots going on but the space battles are nail-bitingly epic. Love this story. Thanks.

YazvanYazvanabout 6 years ago
Vulkat

Tefler, your new chapter is wonderful. Thank you

I was wondering if you had based the Vulkat and their ship designs from the Shadows in the show Babylon 5?

vn7199vn7199about 6 years ago
Cruel!!!!

I have been following the storyline for quite a while now but this is too much.

U have been dangling the space battle line for the last 2 chapters and I was thinking it will happen this time but no u leave this in a cliff hanger.

Aaaarrrrgggg!!!

U SIR, ARE ONE GODDAM CRUEL BUT A GOOD WRITER.

wonder if nkkritt will change her mind and let Alyssa help her bring her race back to life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tefler Knows Us So Well...

"The Nymph didn't sound very upset though, much to his surprise. She sounded... elated..."

Yeah, baby! Time to break in the new girl!

OkamiyashaOkamiyashaabout 6 years ago
Re: Mislabeled

No, I think Lit is just getting ready for triple digits.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 6 years ago
Oh wow

As many commentators have said, Tefler’s skills keep improving. Instead of a cliffhanger keeping us poor, tortured readers in excruciating suspense while waiting for the next chapter, now Tefler draws cliffhangers out for two or three chapters. Not to mention the two or three new elements introduced in the meanwhile! This is so exquisitely frustrating! I’d rather be drug nekkid through a cactus thicket!

I’m sure you already have a plan for Baen’thelas to restore the Vulkat. The queens plight is heartbreaking. Not to mention rescuing the Abandoned. And tearing up the Kintark, or even better forcing them to halt and withdraw, preserving their strength for the possible upcoming Battle of the Heavens. (Or will BSP change his stripes?) and deal with Buckingham. And rescue Jehanna. And the nymphs. See, this is maddening! :-)

Please keep up the great work Tef! And thank you for continuing to post here!

HillCountryCowboy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Patreon Billing

I checked telfer pledge is chapter wise.. just want to know whether they will start billing for new chapters only, not previous chapters submitted by reflect?????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
He's hitting 9000!

Totally enjoying it, the others are right though you're approaching anime levels of building up to a fight. :) At least your postings are more than quick 30 minute episodes, also I have faith it'll take less than 10 "episodes" to go from impending fight to actual fight :D

BorerNBorerNabout 6 years ago
Re Patreon Billing

I was only charged with the new chapters. However, I did not open the old ones, but I opened a lot of other docs like maps, Invictus weapon layout, etc. without beeing charged. Hope that helps.

C.H. DarkstriderC.H. Darkstriderabout 6 years ago
Well played!

Tefler, again you draw us into this marvelous universe that you have taken the time to create. Bravo at this latest installment sir! Your story never ceases to entertain! I have a few additional theories about how events may transpire, though I could very well be wrong, but I will still just toss them out there.

First, concerning Buckingham, that guy has a lot of pain coming to him, all of which would be very well deserved. Although, I doubt dealing with him will be such a simple matter. For starters, he didn't become Fleet Admiral of the Terran Federation by being stupid and clumsy. I believe that he hasn't killed Devereaux, as she is referenced to being shot, but not killed. Having her alive, is a bargaining chip that he can use against Mishra and others of the Admiralty lime her, to secure his escape from them, when things go belly up for him. Using the nymphs and Jehanna as a bargaining chip will keep John off of his back, at least for a little bit.

Secondly, I am of the belief that the Abandoned are humans that were left behind by the Federation in the conflict between them and the Brimorans. Having the Abandoned do grunt work would do a fair bit for their economy, as they do seem much like the Kintark, when it comes to taking slaves and such. The how as this happening, I have no clue, but I'm sure Tefler will illuminate us about that.

Thirdly, concerning the Vulkat, I believe that it was Ranggon who destroyed them, as being powerful psychics in their own right. A species outside the Progenitors influence, would pose a threat to them, since their queen seemed to be of a parity in power to Alyssa and she is easily at the same level as any Progenitor. So, they had to be destroyed, lest they face something that could easily wipe them out, if prodded in the correct direction.

Finally, I think that Jack, Maria and their sons will likely be immigrating to the Maliri Protectorate relatively soon. Since they are the only familial ties that any of Johns girls have, keeping them safe would be priority number one and among the Maliri, they would be beyond safe. Not to mention that the boys would likely be having themselves a field day with all those Maliri ladies strutting about. As always, keep up the good work!

I do have one request Tefler; Please make the deaths of both Buckingham and Weber especially painful!!

litreader9696litreader9696about 6 years ago
Secretary business, then predictions/hopes.

Tefler,

I was wondering about the updated numbering of the chapters. Did Literotica do it on their own, or did you have to submit a change request to update the numbering for technical reasons? Or, have you resubmitted the final edited versions of the chapters, identical to the Amazon ebook version, with all the changes and corrections made after the initial posting? I am wondering because, if you resubmitted updated versions, I need to start re-reading the series from the beginning, like yesterday.

Theories and musings:

The Vulkat extinction, in my opinion, could be avoided, and still leave Nkkrrit and her ghost fleet to do their duty.

Tefler, what if John, Alyssa and Rachel got together and helped Nkkrrit to birth one more hatching of babies? Being so powerfully psychic, she could imprint all the racial history of her people on the babies, as well as a clinical as possible of an accounting of the invasion and aftermath, with the imprinted goal of recreating their race, while she protects their past. There could also be an "ark" of sorts filled with all the data, knowledge and history, as well as technical specs, to be used to rebuild the Vulkat infrastructure. John and co. could then take the brood to, say, a Maliri world to create a colony in secret from the Brimorians.

When they have grown, and established a fully functioning colony, they could begin to send expeditions to Vulkat space, relieving Nkkrrit of her burden of stewardship. In the meantime, Nkkrrit could have her fleet gather all the numerous wrecks in the system and tow them into a collision course with the system's star, and when all but the Vulkat fleet are gone, she can program the fleet with a deadman's switch for her life signs, which will send every last ship on the same path to destruction, unless by that time, new Vulkat have arrived from the colony to claim the ancient ships, and return them to the service of the Vulkat.

This way, Nkkrrit can have it both ways. Rebuild and revive her species, yet finally succumb to her age, but in the knowledge that her duties aren't being abandoned in the process.

The Kintark...I'm worried, from clues in the past couple chapters, that their alliance included giving the dragons their shield tech. And now that Buckingham has pulled the last fleet elements from Olympus, will Admiral Harris and Voss, much less the station, survive before the Kintark get to Terra? I'm in agreement with John, he needs to let Alyssa loose on Buckingham and his sycophants, and clean house. I doubt it will happen that way though...I'm not that lucky. It will probably come down to Admiral Mishra to dethrone him. (Please let there be an execution for gross, treasonous dereliction of duty involved. Maybe a public execution?)

Hopefully it happens before Buckingham's paranoid ass sees the incoming Maliri fleet and tries to attack them, as well as, or just instead of the Kintark.

As much as it pains me, the Kirrix, Jehenna and the captured nymphs will have to wait. One problem at a time. And there's still the aftermath of the Ashanath and Trankarans, and the fleets that were headed to those regions to help recovery efforts and such.

I guess we'll have to wait untill Ch. 100 to see how things go. I will have to force myself to keep reading future chapters if Tefler kills any of John's allies, friends, or future in-laws!!! Remember, only red-shirts are allowed to die on the good guy's side! Like the fighter pilots and elite mech soldiers on Terra that you named. Oh, leave Calara's brother's new love interest alone too. Don't need the kid moping. ;p

My dearest wish for the big battle, is for Buckingham to lose his shit when the Maliri arrive, but hopefully it's after the fight starts, so he can't claim they're enemies, especially when they start firing Nova Lances into the Kintark, and someone, or the rest of High Command, stops him. Then I wan't him to, on a wide open frequency, for the whole fleet and TF to see, begin frothing at the mouth and lose what little shit he has left upon the arrival of the Invictus. Please relieve him of command on a stellar broadcast!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Olympus

Wasn't it said a chapter or two ago that the Kintark wanted to preserve it for their own use?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nymph?

Could Buckingham s girlfriend be a nymph?

TeflerTeflerabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you for the nice comments, it's great to hear you enjoyed the latest chapter! :-)

This one was interesting to write and I thought I'd throw in a little curveball with the Vulkat to keep you on your toes!

The first half of chapter 100 is up on Patreon and I'm working on the second half at the moment. It'll probably be up here by the end of the month, depending on editing and moderation queues.

Tefler

litreader9696litreader9696about 6 years ago
Re: Anonymous - Olympus

The comment you refer to between the Kintark commander and the traitor admiral onboard his refitted dreadnought, where Norwood (I think that's the feebleminded fool's name) stresses the need for Olympus in "their" plans to rebuild the federation, at which point the Kintark agrees, but with subtext stating there was a malicious gleam in his eyes when he said it, inferring that this was exactly the reason it must be destroyed; so the TF CAN'T rebuild from Olympus and later resist the Kintark.

litreader9696litreader9696about 6 years ago
->SwirlingJedi

Family...Calara's family, in and out of the TF fleet, aren't the only family connected to John's girls. Remember, Rachel's father, Henry Voss, is the industrial billionaire, or more likely, trillionaire, who is helping Admiral Harris refit the Terran fleet at Olympus.

He and Rachel are just starting to rebuild their relationship, and helping Harris, and by extension John and Rachel, is helping with that, in his view. The fewer enemies to left to fight the Invictus, the safer his daughter will probably be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
More theories and musings

I'm enjoying the readers comments and especially the theories from swirlingjedi and litreader9696 on this chapter.

I like the idea of the abandoned being survivors from the disputed shoal worlds.

If they are, how were they changed for underwater work, and can they be changed back?

I like the idea of Calara's family going to Maliri space, but maybe to manage the new space trading station John et al will be building. Family business and all that.

I know Tefler has already written it, but I hope Buckingham and Lenard have a meeting of dreadnoughts and escort each other out of this life. I wouldn't mind something in the nasty category to end Carmela and Weber.

Lastly, the psychic echos of voices of despair on the Vulcat ship, the progenitor ship and the astral plane (at least twice) are more than a coincidence. It will be interesting to see that resolved.

I hope John and the girls can convince the spider queen to live long enough to exact some revenge on the progenitor threat. And even though John didn't kill them like Ender Wiggen, he could find a new home and a new start for them.

Go Ba'enthalas!

albertajack

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome birthday present!

How awesome it is to visit lit on my birthday & find a present waiting for me! Awesome job with the story Tef! Hanging off the cliff for the next chapter! 20 pages will be worth the month long wait!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Note of thanks to Telfer

Should have included this in my previous post, but THANKYOU TELFER for another great chapter. You inspire hope for humanity that good will defeat evil. That a moral mind is always better than an immoral one.

The musings of the spider queen, loyalty, regret at the loss of family and her race and the determination to carry on in spite of the despair and madness that consumed her fellow creatures was awesome ... again.

I loved the new tech upgrades.

Can't wait to see how Alyssa will solve the astral plane problem of communicating with the Ashanath.

albertajack

Griffin_ScoutGriffin_Scoutabout 6 years ago
It Just gets

Better and better. I binge read the first 90 chapters and then have had to wait for each chapter to follow. I absolutely think that this is one of the best science fiction stories and series that I have ever read. Each chapter just expands the development of the universe of the story and keeps the reader on their toes as to what is going to happen in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Tefler

Supreme over Lord of cliff hangers!!!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Patreon Billing Explained

It is true that the author sets up the billing parameters.

Tefler has left your options open, however.

You can pay per chapter (starting with those published in the month you join) or you can set an amount you wish to pay each month. You can also pay per chapter and set a maximum amount per month.

$1 is the minimum. But if you do the equivalent of $2 per chapter a month (between two and three chapters each month) then you get access to the artwork...which is pretty stunning and to which Tefler is continuing to add.

If you go up to $10 a month you get to name a character in the story. This is my level and the Captain Lewis, Leprecan's boss, is named after my deceased father who flew in the USAF.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Musings on the Vulkat:

Personally, I was very touched by Alyssa's response to Nkkrrit's pain. It was so in character for her.

The problem for Nkkrrit is not so much her subjects as it is they are all dead and their world is now an asteroid belt. I am sure John can eventually take care of both issues for her.

I remember Mael talking to his Matriarch about a world for the Nymphs saying he could just make them one. I am thinking John will eventually be able to make a Giha Class world for the Vulkat and to take DNA samples from those still living and create a new, viable population from her children.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Correction

I meant to say those still animated...they are not living beings anymore.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Nymph?

Could Buckingham s girlfriend be a nymph?

Absolutely not: Buckingham and Weber are far to prejudiced to accept a nymph as a consort. They think of the Nymphs as subhuman animals.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Chapter 99 musings

Battle Plans:

Well, I see the Maliri fighters matching up with the Claymore wings and running ahead of them to weaken the cruiser shields while the Claymores finish them and hit them with the Gauss Cannons. The Maliri fighters attack in a double V formation like a 4 bladed arrowhead in a 5 fighter configuration. The lead (point) fighter taking the hits until its shields are weakened and then changing formation while one of the 'blade' fighters takes point. Rotating all 5 fighters so the shields stay fresh.

Thoughts on the 'Forgotten”

John is not going to be happy initially with the 'forgotten' situation. But I see something major brewing with the 'forgotten' that will pull John back to Brimor...this time with a chip on his shoulder.

Vulkat Tech:

I think what Dana will find with the Vulkat tech is a new, stable, high-end explosive (requiring a specific type of detonator) that is significantly more powerful than anything they currently have and a new, super efficient organic propellant. She will then incorporate the explosive into the singularity driver as well as the Gauss cannons and the new Valkyrie Quantum Gatling cannons. and both into a new type of torpedo.

Music suggestions for the inevitable movie for this upcoming battle scene:

This is what needs to come over the comms when John and the Maliri show up to the show @ Terra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUwEIt9ez7M

And this one when they are in the thick of battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFjqlx8eSfQ

And when Sakura in the Mech saves the Terran Mechs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uMWbZj-gWg

Saving Jehenna and the Nymphs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YuM2PGx51U

And then when the battle is over....TFNN plays this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

And as the Maliri and John fly out of system after the Kirrix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh7BZf7D5Bw

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 6 years ago
Ok, you'd *think* I'd be disappointed with the spider portion...

But it was actually a better play than if we'd just had another "let's kick their ass" chapter...

Though I'm seriously hoping that John and company get to do bad things to Buckingham...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
kerrigan?

For some reason Nkkrrit's scene reminded me of a very crammed version of Sarah Kerrigan. Including how fast she was back on the human side after a ton of fucked shit.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
And when John goes after Weber and Buckie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XYEeD1A1U

pmpiperpmpiperabout 6 years ago
Dear Sir

I would once again like to extend my appreciation for the many hours of sure pleasure I have received from reading your work. In the last 50 odd years I have read many of what could be considered the "great" science fiction authors, and never hesitate to recommend you in their company. Being in the States I find your use of language delightful, your characterizations and storytelling to be superb .At the risk of sounding as patronizing as Admiral Harris... exceedingly well done.

I think I will join my fellow readers and toss out a guess at one of the plot turns... I think Jade will return to the Invictus with a new friend.

Your servant RJM

biercebierceabout 6 years ago
to PussyLickersRus

I totally agree!!!! Wahooooooooo!

no_one_gives_ano_one_gives_aabout 6 years ago
Tefler you rock!!!

One of the best chapters in this series , and that's a very high bar in itself.

The way you handled Vulkat side story was beyond awesome. All of us kinda hated Brimborians and had a sympathy for Vulkat a bit already ( whole enemy of pathetic enemy , nice guy ).

I would like a few questions that haven't been raised in comments so far ?

1. the "thing" in brimborian network which we were guessing was vulkat , went unaddressed in this chapter . does that mean it belonged to BSP ?

2. Do Brimborians know about "abandoned" , or are they hiding under their very noses ?

3. Now that we know Helena is most probably infertile after some "incident" . Could that incident be what led to escape of abandoned from deep lord's clutches ? or is the Incident a gateway to another interesting side plot?

4. If BSP follows John for almost all his major battles to watch quietly from sidelines , why wasn't he hiding in shadows when John encountered Vulkat ? did he know already that there won't be a battle?

5. How was Trankarans dealing with Kirrix invasion ? now that the fleet that was meant to help them has been redirected to Terra , does that mean they might be in worse situation or have Kirrix redirected their attention to exposed Terran outer rim giving them some time of relief?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
chapter index is fucked

hey Tefler!

look at the chapter index and see if it's still out of order with 99 coming in between

chapter 94 and 95, cause that's how I see it

great chapter btw

keep em coming

lunchbox90lunchbox90about 6 years ago
Arachnophobe here

I have a deathly fear of spiders, and you just made me get teary eyed over cyborg zombie spider people. Well fucking done good sir.

John BlackhawkJohn Blackhawkabout 6 years ago
my thoughts...

@Lunchbox90 you just stated how i felt about that whole part with the vulcat queen.

To be honest i think the "abandoned" maybe another thrall race like the felicians (jade's race) or the maliri. It could be the Brimori just moved in on their planet. I have to also think Celphna has to be a "nymph" based on her previous behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh no

Dana has to upgrade their sensors 11x and soon!

She said, “The Invictus couldn’t pick this shuttle up even if I knew it was coming. Unless the Vulkat sensors are like... ten times stronger than ours, there’s no way they’ll be able to detect us.”

And we know that Terran High Command uses stealth shuttles and wants John dead.

So I fear that they will pack a stealth shuttle with a very big bomb and fly right up to the Invictus. Everyone could die if Dana doesn't do something to save them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Words fail!

This is a top, top notch series! Its a huge treat to read each chapter as they arrive, spaced as far appart (boo) as they are. The standard of writing and the scope of the story arc is wonderful (guess I'm a little bit of a fan). You mentioned some time ago that this was going to be a triptych, please fulfill , if possible, this goal.

In anticipation of battles to come!

hpinghpingabout 6 years ago
Battlestations, general order for manning them...

Well we can be sure there will be a major battle in chapter 100, unless Tefler has other plans.

The best battle is a battle not fought, but I think the Kintark and the Kirrix will not be able to see that wisdom as they are "used" by a criminal to expand, at the cost of the TF. I must say that both have their reasons to fight the TF, but that is because their basic concept about a civilization is different from the Terran one. Everything not Kintarku or Kirrix is not worthy to live or only to be used as slave-laborers or food for their young.

I wonder if during the battle the Maliri will use Asanathi as their communication-officers to coordinate everything and also as spies to gather information of the Terran fleets. a very small ship that flies just next to a dreadnought can possible pick up some stray thoughts...

Regarding the Vulkat, it would be nice if John got that race started again in the sequel or in the period between this story and the sequel, because starting it now could be problematic for the crew on the Invictus, all those tiny spiders running around the ship and being thought about being a Vulkat. They could become a major player and sparring partner for the crew and the Maliri in their own right. I wonder how the Brimorians would react when they notice that they are back again in the galaxy. John has given them a fine warning not to mess with the Invictus and its crew, and thaught them a lesson about their belief of being superior to the Terrans.

Thanks Tefler for the first 99 chapters and keep up the work for chapters 100 and higher

Mr_GodMr_Godabout 6 years ago
Awesome chapter tefler.

Really a great chapter tefler... The best so far. Thank you so much for this master piece.

I agree with pmpiper...it seems jade is bringing a friend along ;)

As for vulcat john or rachel can easily cure them. And john has some options for them too. They can settle on the empty planet which was home for the cobras earlier or the mikaboshi's home planet. After this battle is over john can come to some kind of agreement with Terran federation. Or even in maliri empire in that planet of flumox that john wiped for the old edrale. And another option is with asanath where both psychic species can be helpful to each other. Vulcat can make asanath stronger and asanath can help vulcat grow.

I had one question about jehana elani situation. John has fed her once. What happens if other progenitor feeds her two more times? As rachel explained in this chapter that while first contact the potential thrall get the preview of what's to come ahead meaning their minds have already connected once which leaves John's imprints on jehana now is it possible that two more feedings from other progenitor only acts as a catalyst to move further or does jehana's inclination bends towards the other progenitor or do we get another equation in the middle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh OK...

I gotta say I become more and more attached as the story unfolds. I hate that they all read so fast and take what seems to be forever to come again. Exited for #100. Thank you for the read so far.

Ultrafox69Ultrafox69about 6 years ago
5 star rating is an insult.

This deserves 10 stars minimum.

But now it is time to take care of high command.

TektTektabout 6 years ago
Chapter 100

For those that don't know: chapter 100 is going to be huge. The first half is easily as long as this chapter and already up on the Patreon site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sleep deprived

I read this at work yesterday and went home to sleep afterwards.

I awoke with a start realising that these new crystals halving the energy requirements for the laser weaponry means that they can go mad running with all the laser batteries and the shields running while still having enough power to use the full awesome power of the Nova Lances as they go.

I then had to reread the chapter to ensure that I had not misunderstood the situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
kintark shields

I'm suprised nobody picked up on the fact that the new shields have a kill switch, which presumably they disabled, but if the kintark didn't figure it out is going to be a major edge and a possible way of stopping the battle before to much damage is done to both sides so they can help with the progen war.

Mr_GodMr_Godabout 6 years ago
Kill switch

Yeah that's true. But we are not sure yet that the kill switch is by default for anyone except the brimorians or it was an edited version for just john. But this might still be a possibility.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Obvious and not so obvious....

Jade is bringing a friend back to the Invictus....there were hints that it might happen last time we saw Helene, and the end of this chapter wasn’t even subtle about it. I’m looking forward to getting to know her better. (And perhaps seeing John be less guilty about adding her next; good work, Rachel) That only leaves the question of how the XO will like Jade taking over her job of crew recruitment! 😜

The kill switch in the Brimorian shields is a really fun possibility. There is no chance Dana and John would leave it intact so they are vulnerable in the upcoming battle, but a guy has to wonder, would the Brimorians trust the Kintark any more than they trust John? They were giving John that shield generator before they realized the schematics for the eternity crystal construction wasn’t something they could use!

Can Dana or Irilith hack the and shut down all the shield generators in the Kintark invasion fleet? That would be a serious battle changer!

jlmnjlmnabout 6 years ago
Re: Obvious

I'm assuming that Jade did her recruiting with Alyssa's full knowledge, possibly even at her suggestion.

John explicitly tells Dana to leave the kill switch in, saying "Why don't we give them enough rope to hang themselves?", but Alyssa's telepathy hides the details of the plan from us. Almost certainly the plan involves Dana installing an un-kill switch, but John wants the Brimorians to prove their bad faith first. It was pretty clear in the previous chapter (or maybe the one before) that the Brimorians intended to betray the Kintark at some point, using some sort of "letter of the treaty" BS to square the betrayal with their alleged strict lawfullness. With that in mind, using the same kill switch mechanism against the Kintark seems likely, and I would say that the odds of the Kintark fleet suffering an unexpected shield failure at some point during the battle approaches 100%.

litreader9696litreader9696about 6 years ago
Check this out!

I was just on the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Stories Hub page, and looked at the Hall of Fame. Take a look for yourselves. You'll love it.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Sleep deprived

If the answers are not in Ch 99 they are in the first half of 100. So I am not commenting so I don't spoil things for anyone. But the differences are very interesting indeed.

Alwaysready64Alwaysready64about 6 years ago
I'm loving this story: My theories and speculations

This is just a speculation but I don’t think Buckingham will be dealt with by John. I think the rest of the Terran Federation Admirals have already started plotting against him, (knowing he’s lost his mind). But they won’t act until the Maliri show up and TFNN broadcast his (John’s) message (the one they used when gaining access to the Federation space) throughout the Federation. That would be the only saving grace for any of the Terran Federation “High Command”. I also think that the Olympus space station will be one of the first targets or part of a simultaneous attack. The Kintark have the numbers and if you take out your opponents means to make war (building and refitting ships), they will fall.

When John and his girls arrive (yes, the new one too). They’ll see that the Kintark are using Brimorans shield technology which they can transmit a shutdown code for and remove their shields. Then the TFed can start kickin’ some lizards’ ass. While the Federation is pulling itself back together. Jehanna will have convinced her captors that their only hope of survival is to contact the Invictus and have John come and pick her and the Nymphs up. It’ll be time for Jehanna to join the team too. I think it was Johns’ guilt of making a new girl loyal to him that caused him to enter that other plane with the monsters and now that Rachel has him all squared away on that, adding new girls shouldn’t be a problem.

I also believe the Vulkat Empire was attacked by Progenitors and his thralls. When Alyssa was doing her psychic thing with Nkkrrit, she was shown the attack on the Vulkat Empire and the planet Uxturo, “Two-legged females in their black armour scoured the city, hunting and killing without provocation.” That sounds like an army of thralls to me.

As for the “Abandoned”; I may be wrong, but I think that they are some of what remains of the Vulkat and the Brimorans have enslaved them and stolen their technology. When Alyssa was doing her psychic thing with Nkkrrit, her world was made up of several different races most of which she had never seen; and when Jade entered their nursery it was a ship much like the one on the Sequathis, Queen Nkkrrit’s ship. Which is “Yeah” for Nkkrrit, because she’ll know that all of her people haven’t been wiped out. I don’t believe everyone on her planet was psychic and that’s why she lost touch. Additionally, the Abandoned may be cousins of the Terrans or just one more of the species that lived within the Vulkat Empire which would account for their speaking “the old tongue” a.k.a. Terran standard. Which could explain why it takes “Three Square Meals” to bring Terrans into the fold. If this is in the ballpark it’ll be great news for the Vulkat but it just gives John one more reason to go back and stomp a mudhole in the Brimorans and more so for Deep Lord Athgiloi, seeing he has enslaved a Nymph. Wonder how you cook Brimorans?

So Brimorans are striking out hard. Strike one – Deep Lord Athgiloi has a Nymph and Vulkat slaves. Strike two – they tried to get John killed by sending him on a fool’s mission, then renege on the deal when the mission was complete. Strike three – Armed the enemy (Kintark) of the Federation with Brimorian shield technology.

Tefler, just a quick question about your book on Amazon. Is the The John Blake Chronicles - Volume 2: Reaping the Whirlwind (The Unclaimed Legacy Series) ever going to print?

ArmydragoonArmydragoonabout 6 years ago
Great

The wait always suck but then it's worth it when I read it always goes by to quickly though

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Jade's new friend

I for one hope that Jade's new friend is brought into the family under her. Time for Jade to be a matriarch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome

A lot of fun elements were explored in this chapter...

1. Tefler continues to tease us with his on-again, off-again Maria Fernandez sub plot. All the sexual tension simmers to a boil, and then he'll pour a bucket of cold water on it. Then repeat! This time with her flirty thoughts of Alyssa, only for her thoughts of Jack to come in and save the day. I sure hope nothing bad happens to that husband of hers!

2. Really loved the twist with the Vulkat. It's become known that the Invictus solve their problems with some good ol' gung-ho fireworks... so for the scene to transpire like that was a great (and tonally different) change of pace. Really gives you a glimpse of other species that met their demise from a Progenitor (I'm guess non-humanoid species that cannot be used are just wiped out like that).

3. So excited that we're gonna get a new girl in Helene! It's been 25 chapters since Tashana joined the crew, and I know that Tefler can't keep adding ad infinium, but I do love it when the Invictus adds a new beautiful crew member. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Yeah, waiting 'til the end of the month for the big bonanza is gonna be tough. But I know it'll be worth it. Congratulations on getting to 100 Tefler, I know we all really appreciate this wonderful world you've created!

-Patrick

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Eternity Crystals

The crystals are going to make the lasers even more awesome but the shield generators are going to get another spike up as well.

Brimorian tech gives the suits an 8.4 times boost but how much do the crystals boost that, and will the crystals improve regeneration time? It's been a problem mentioned several times in the past and Tefler leaves the juicy bread crumbs to fan our fantasies.

I may have to go to patreon, I hate waiting. :p

Johnny Canuck

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
cyborg zombie spider people

That's Telepathic cyborg zombie spider people to you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sick

Looking forward to seeing Admiral Dickbag shit a brick when the Maliri fleet shows up to save his stupid ass along with john.gonna be an epic ass beating.

hpinghpingabout 6 years ago
Chapter 100

On Patreon is a statement of Tefler about chapter 100.

It seems that the second part of chapter 100 is out for review, but more fun is that on the announcement the comments are free to read, for the moment now. It contains some spoilers about chapter 100, but a sure thing is that the length of chapter 100 will be huge for the third part is - just as part 1 and 2 - about 30k words, so it can become a 100k chapter, so 1k for each chapter that is out in the wild... or a small book in itself...

It will be chapter 70 by 150% so 27 pages here if my geustimate is correct. Huge in itself.

If you do not want to get spoiled do not read the comments.

By the way part 1 is now being edited and will be the final version soon.

Keep the flow of the chapters Tefler and thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
An Open Letter to Tefler

I've struggled with depression for a long time. It culminated last year when I just gave up on life. I quit my job, retreated from everyone, and spent my days in my bed, not sure if I even wanted to see the next day. Two main thoughts dominated my thinking: I was of no use to anyone, and no one could truly love me. So that's how I spent my months... ashamed of myself but too full of self loathing to do anything about it.

I still needed things to pass the time on my wasted days, and one of those ways was Literotica. And in July of last year I came across Three Square Meals Ch. 1. I saw 80 more chapters and was initially intimidated by the sheer amount of story, but hey, I had all the time in the world, so might as well jump in and waste more of my time. Right?

I was enraptured from the first Chapter. Curious about this small world you created, and of course hooked by the... unique sexual encounters throughout the story. I was introduced to a plethora of beautiful women both outside and inside. Alyssa first, then Calara, Dana, Jade, Rachel, Irillith, Faye, Sakura, Tashana, and now (hopefully) Helene.

Your story is different because these characters aren't sexual objects used to fulfill our desires, but fleshed out characters that live their lives in this wonderful galaxy you've molded for them. The sexual encounters are so much more satisfying because of how real they all are, and its so much more than just physical gratification. The emotional development and personal growth of these characters has been a real pleasure to witness. In short: I've rarely had the personal pleasure of reading anything so enjoyable.

In a strange way, the story made me want to contribute something useful. If not for myself then something for the story. I was in no position to lend monetary value, so instead I lent my time (something that I still had plenty of). I've added 600 pages to the TSM wiki, and I know that in the grand scheme of things it's not much. But for me, it made me feel useful again. It made me feel like I contributed something, and that maybe I could continue to do so for myself as well.

I also saw the power of the positive feminine, and it made me realize how much I want someone that can represent some of the traits and beauty modeled by John's fiances. Yes yes, I know that they're fictional super women, but its not their powers that makes them amazing, but what they represent. A women who loves her man, and uses her talents, beauty, and feminine traits to nurture and grow the relationship. In part I want to be more like John, a man who loves his woman, and uses his talents and masculine traits to protect, care for, and nurture the relationship in turn. Love that sacrifices for the other. Yeah, many elements of their relationships are unique (and fictional), but there are many things here that ring true for what we all really want in a loving relationship. At least what I want.

In short, this sci-fi epic out of Literotica helped to challenge the self loathing thoughts that dominated me. In no small way, you helped me to see that I can still make something of the world, to add my voice to the chorus if you will. And that even a guy like me could meet someone amazing. I think that's worth striving for at least. And TSM was a big reason for that.

Since then, I've gone back to college (six classes, but time is of the essence and i have goals I want to achieve!) and gotten a new job (its not ideal, but it pays the bills!). I'm looking forward to finally supporting you on Patreon, because man, you deserve it. I still struggle with those negative thoughts, but I can counter them with a future that's worth fighting for.

So I wanted to thank you Tefler. Thank you for your incredible story, and the amazing characters within. Thank you for being a positive influence on my life. Congratulations on getting to 100 chapters, and I wish you all the success in the world. It's been an honor to be part of the ride.

-AuroraMusisAmica

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Valentine's Day Gift

I felt the love Tef. I really felt the love *chest slapping* .....you the man. Took my time reading this (99th) episode of the saga. Alyssa building a new choir, instead of stomping psychic "cyborg zombie spiders" was a classic move.

Easy-nuh-man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Hping

So, I am confused...will there be like "Chapter 100 Pt. 1" posted, or do we wait until it is all finished?

horned_lizardhorned_lizardabout 6 years ago

> Irillith nodded, arcs of lightning jumping between her fingers as she placed her hand flat on the orange plating. She closed her eyes and the dancing electricity began to spark, growing in intensity. A few feet away, Sakura drew all the heat from the Vulkat hull, dropping the temperature way below freezing. Ice crystals swirled around her fingertips, frost growing on the hull like tiny white trees as she froze the alarm mechanism.

This is impossible. They are in the vacuum of space; there is no air for electricity to pass through, nor is there water to freeze.

Steve150177Steve150177about 6 years ago
I'll add that to the list.

There are a lot of other impossible things in this Space Opera.

I don't think it is Sifi because of all the impossible things in it.

And I don't mean the magic, or hyper-warp, etc.

I mean things like sneaking up on a planet in minutes at slow speeds.

It is impossible to cover hundreds of thousands of miles in 10 minutes at slow speeds.

And the Moon is 239,000 miles from the Earth, so that gives us some idea of how close you can get to a planet by hiding behind an asteroid.

Still it is magnificent Space Opera. I love it.

TeflerTeflerabout 6 years agoAuthor
Re: horned lizard

"This is impossible."

Psychic powers alter reality... they are all impossible. How could Tashana create a flame in the palm of her hand with no combustible material to feed the flames?

There are ice crystals because Sakura wills them to be there. Electricity dances around Irillith's fingertips because it's a manifestation of her willpower as she uses her abilities.

Tefler

hpinghpingabout 6 years ago
Re: Anonymous about Chapter 100

As far as I can tell chapter 100 will be a one chapter, but Tefler is dumping it in three parts on his site at Patreon. The readers there get a preview of all chapters, which after review and editing is finally published there and about 10 days later here on StoriesOnline.

So chapter 100 will be about 90K words long, on about 27 or 28 pages here and maybe 12 pages at StoriesOnline.

At Patreon is a comment that someone is hoping that it will be 100K words long, just for the reason it is chapter 100. I wish that would be true, because 100K is a small book itself...

Hope that I have cleared up some questions you had.

B.T.W. Anonymous is so unpersonal, but that is my point of view... Some people will not answer questions out of principle you see?

TeflerTeflerabout 6 years agoAuthor
Re: An open letter

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your own story. It was inspiring to hear that you've helped turn your life around, overcoming the debilitating effects of depression, returning to college, and getting a job.

It was very humbling to hear that I've helped make a positive difference in your life, but remember that all those changes came from you, not from my story. You were strong enough to overcome your doubts and insecurities, putting yourself out there and trying to create a new future for yourself. If you should ever feel those fears creeping up on you again, remember that you've beaten them before and that you can do so again; you've proven that already!

People are drawn to positive, motivated people, and it sounds like you have that in spades! With that attitude, I'm sure it won't be long until you find your own version of Alyssa (fingers crossed she's into harems too!).

I wish you all the best for your future, I'm sure it will be very bright.

Tefler

Ultrafox69Ultrafox69about 6 years ago
Crystal Alyssium.

Why only use it for weapons and armor.

The bed was a great idea but it can be used for more.

How about knifes for in the kitchen.

If they can be as sharp as Alyssas mind then they would be a sushi chefs wet dream.

Steve150177Steve150177about 6 years ago
Re: Tefler, Re: horned lizard

OK, magic can explain the ice crystals, if you stretch it enough.

But, you have said the hydrogen fuel leaking into space will "burn".

With no oxygen in space how can anything burn?

And this was without any magic being involved.

So, explain how a ship can move hundreds of thousands of miles, after stopping, using minimal thrusters, in just 10 minutes. And not have to suddenly stop at the end using a large burst of thruster energy.

YekimYekimabout 6 years ago
I can see why some authors fail to finsh their work

Good grief this is a sci-fi story :Sci =science Fi =fiction ....none of the science need to be explained because its a made up story it comes from the Author's mind/imagination .

Keep up the awsome work......

Mikey

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
science

Hey steve

You need to understand the theory's of light speed travel as it is impossible to take any object to above the speed of light as the energy requirements become exponentially larger and approach infinity. The theory is that space exploration is possible through creating a bubble of energy around the vehicle and it is this not the matter that accelerates to light speed that is why it is affected by gravity wells and stopping the vehicle is a dissipation of energy not a matter of changing velocity. The thrusters are only for travelling around systems not light speed travel .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fantastic!!!

well, you've done it again Tefler. This may be on the top 5 list of chapters so far. There is so many things going on in this chapter, that It is too much to mention here. I am just saying that your build up to the big 100 is by far one of the best chapters so far. I will mention one thing though. Why was Jade so happy? I hope that i was right all along, and that those pale fish-people, in fact are nymphs that has been enslaved by the brimorians.

Once again I want to thank you Tefler for a marvelous read. And when you finally are finished with TSM, then i surely will be waiting for the sequel you mentioned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
congratulations

wonderful storyline, great plots even after we have reached 100 chapters no one is able to predict what happens next and the chapter ends as a cliffhanger. More than john you seem to be climbing up the popularity charts because you are still deeply rooted and even though you now at the cusp of doubling your original patreon goal you have not let success to cloud your head and cut off literotica fans as some of your patreons have suggested. Your response to the open letter is very humbling for even though it gave you an opportunity to gloat you instead tried to redeem his confidence coming out of depression.

For the benefit of fans who want the story to reflect actual science please remember that this is a SCIENCE FICTION not a documentary the author should have creative licence.

Congratulations Tefler, may you encounter success all your way and we have our fingers crossed for the mega chapter of 100.

thank you

pradz

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
TO ALL OF YOU NEGATIVES OUT THERE

Tefler is not number one writer for nothing and like all of us defending him, he probably don't need it. My opinion is everyone slamming Tef and TSM is just jealous because they don't have the creative mind like he's got.

Also I don't believe Tefler will drop us Lit readers to force us to stop reading his stories cause for whatever personal reasons we cannot all join Patreon. Tefler started on Lit and established himself here, why will he drop his number one spot here to be spiteful, I believe that's not Tefler.

Keep going Tefler

TK

MastiffK9MastiffK9about 6 years ago
Helene

Just a thought. Helen of troy perhaps?

Tefler love this story. Only reason I still come back to this site.

mikecflmikecflabout 6 years ago
another to the negatives

I agree with the person who wrote it is science FICTION, it is also 700 plus years in the future. I don't see you complaining about shape shifting and psychic powers and psychic catalyst cum. Tefler has 53 chapters in the science fiction hub hall of fame so apparently he has a hell of a lot of very happy readers who love his story. I didn't read your criticism as constructive in nature, to me it was more along the lines of if you don't write this story the way I want you to I'm going to complain. A lot of people LOVE this story and Tefler's talent and ability as a writer. GET USE TO IT. Thank you Tefler for your time, talent and imagination. Please keep writing and posting, mikecfl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love/Hate

Tefler I love and hate you. Why? Because you are a top tier author but a deplorable cliff hanging mofo :D love your story, I have read it several times, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
what is this ?

https://www.wattpad.com/503021495-three-square-meals-ch-1-part-1 I saw this the other day . is it authorized ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

If it doesn't say Teflar, then it's fake and should be reported.

TheTorontoGuyTheTorontoGuyabout 6 years ago
I've Reported the Wattpad Story - Tefler should Follow-Up

I've reported that Wattpad story to Wattpad, but Tefler should follow-up as the author. They might not accept my report.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wattpad rippoff

The Wattpad guy is claiming credit for your story. Tefler you as the owner can claim the rights and get him kicked off.

YazvanYazvanabout 6 years ago
Haters (extremely sarcastic comment)

I'm starting to think that Tefler is anonymously posting comments nitpicking his own stories, just to drive up the comments for his story chapters. Maybe horned_lizard is Tefler, and he's just showing that he understands that his stories are scientifically BS. I'm on to you Tef_lizard, you magnificent SOB and it's working.

Sarcasm aside, Tefler is an amazing author and Horned_Lizard is right about the scientific feasibility of the things that happen. I'm just gonna sit back with my bowl of popcorn and continue reading. Thanks to everyone for the entertaining stories, ideas, and criticism.

TeflerTeflerabout 6 years agoAuthor
Wattpad PoS plagiarist

Thanks for letting me know. That guy is shameless, he's stolen dozens of stories from literotica and tried to pass them off as his own. I've reported him before and have done again.

Tefler

EnjoysHugsEnjoysHugsabout 6 years ago
Itsy bitsy spider

Awesome chapter. I really didn't see the story with the scary cybernetic undead spiders (even typing it makes you shudder lol) play out this way without lots of combat but it was amazing. A masterstroke in the storyline. Wasn't until the second read through that I noticed the title of the chapter was taken from the nursery rhyme. Loved it.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
That page was deleted.

So obviously it was not authorized.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Eternity Crystals

8.4 * 1.8 = 15.12 times the original suit shield strength.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very Interesting twists

Telfer your tale has dragged me out of lurking.

I am truly enjoying your story, it's such a refreshing change from the Starwars/trek mimics, and sexy to boot.

I love the way that you have grown your main characters and the strange tidbits of threads left hanging to come back to later are such a tease. I wonder if we will see Nkrritt again and I wonder what happened to Underworld, and the big upcoming King of the ring too, I can't wait for the next instalments.

Thank you for all of your hard work.

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
T minus 150 minutes till 100-2

Is released on Patreon!

PussyLickersRusPussyLickersRusabout 6 years ago
Holy Freakin Cow!

Stunned silence.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
can't wait for ch 100

I've been reading from the beginning and I'm not sure if Sakura was planned before I mentioned a hot ninja chick in the comments of ch 20 something or not, but I called it way early. So I thought it might be interesting to post some speculation about where things might be going and about some plot threads I'd like to see resolved. I'm more interested in other readers feedback as well.

I think "the abandoned" are the foot soldiers of whatever progenitor fought Mal'er'nak. whatever remains of his thrall army.

I wonder what exactly is in that space station in the unclaimed wastes

the Deep lord's concubine is a nymph, I bet there are more

Jehanna is going to get rescued, and never want to leave John's side, along with the 3 nymphs in captivity

I'm guessing that john rallies the remnant of terran forces and takes the Trankaran and Maliri and goes Kirrix hunting, one wonders what he finds in the infested lands.

are there any other plot threads I'm missing? let me know fellow TSM addicts

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Another great chapter. Keep it up.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 6 years ago
Wow, truly outstanding! Eagerly awaiting new chapters

You have done an amazing job of combining an awesome Space Opera with very hot Erotica that spans many genres. THANK YOU. I binge read the first 98, and now 99, and am addicted.

A thought for you. Maybe a non-erotic chapter detailing the ships and the various technologies and weapons and how they have evolved over time and their history. Maybe even comparing the different races too, with their tech. Just a thought, as so much has been presented over the 99 chapters so far.

Anyway, loving it and eagerly awaiting new chapters. THANK YOU again, and keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@lizzard

Comets exist in the vacuum of space in abundance and are composed primarily of water ice and dust ect... so what is the problem? You think that because space is mostly a vacuum water cant exist? Don't forget that space is cold and it takes a certain amount of heat for water to sublimate in a vacuum.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
6799 Followers
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES