All Comments on 'Dancing with the Bride'

by Penelope Street

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
patricia51patricia51over 19 years ago
Excellent

Charming. A heart-warming story of love and acceptance where it was completely unexpected.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Good people and revolutionists

"Revolution and change, especially for good and more so if it is a social one, takes a lot of time, effort and heart breaks if not lives; but it sure does come." .....AmA

carsonshepherdcarsonshepherdover 19 years ago
Wonderful.

I'm almost speechless. Stunningly written story. Every word perfection. Congratulations, Penny. Thank you.

Love, Carson

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
WELL EARNED KUDOS!

It really doesent get any better Penny! A GOOD story with appropriate social comments, the bad guys lose, and the good guys win!You already knew how I felt about it, but it was time to say so publically. The best so far but every story seems an improvement! I just wish you had more time to write. You have so much to tell us, and your words do so with beauty and intelligence

sacksackover 19 years ago
It's tough being perfect, Penny....!

Generally, I don't like stories that are "political" in nature, but this was exceptional. A REAL story that kept my attention to the very end! Since I know you don't like overwhelming praise, I did find the dialogue to be a bit stilted/intellectual in nature sometimes. For example "The last bastion for the narrow-minded". "Bastion" is an extremely rarely used conversational word in the United States, at least. And I believe you meant "fourth row" rather than "forth." One issue your story did not touch on is the difference between the way society treats lesbians (generally with sympathy) and gay men (generally harsher). For example, I believe this story would have been much different if two MEN had gone on a date to the wedding. Trust me, the groom would NOT have offered one of the men to dance, or the groom's father. Anyway, a classic Literotica tale that will hopefully be read and re-read thousands of times, I wish you the best possible luck with this!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Beautiful story.

Lovingly and compassionately told.

Thank you.

doormousedoormouseover 19 years ago
I'm just speechless

That story was so beautiful, touching, I'm at a loss for words. Carsonshepherd started a thread on the Author's Hangout about your story. I had no idea it was yours until I clicked the link.

I don't think I've read another story as well written as this, and this is by FAR your best yet. Congratulations hon. This is sensational.

Like I said, I'm at a loss for words, which for a chatterbox like me, is no small feat lol

Absolutely fantastic. Loved it from start to finish. I hope you win a writer's award for this one. Great job hon.

DM

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Well done Penny!

Penny,

a beautifully written story of love and compassion! It was a wonderful read.

Mike

matriarchmatriarchover 19 years ago
Exceptional

An impeccably and movingly written tale. Still overcome with emotion at what I have just read, I find it difficult to really express just what emotions. You are a truly talented writer, with a skill for depicting 'the' moment. In this story there were many such moments, each one of them adding to the breathless and tearful delight. A story to be read by everyone, in the hope that the sense of love and justice and rightness will infuse each person's heart and soul. Love should conquer all, and each time this story is read, if understood it WILL conquer. Thank you. Matriarch.

rgraham666rgraham666over 19 years ago
Goddamn!

Penelope, that was GOOD.

It really was a story about the simple heroics that make a society a better place.

This goes in my favourites.

cloudycloudyover 19 years ago
I owe Carson a thank you!

I never would have found this story if he hadn't mentioned it on the AH, and it would have definitely been my loss. It's truly lovely, and had me to the point of tears several times. Very poignant. Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
A new favourite?

Brilliantly written and deserving of the top picks awards!

I am a reader, not a writer, and usually look to this site for the more erotic stories. Thanks to the feedback portal your title intrigued me to read a non-erotic posting.

Penny, I was so moved, and as your newest fan I am posting my first ever public comment.

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Another Winner

Very well done story with a good pace, character development, and most important, an important message!

Your talent continues to be most impressive.

z00timez00timeover 19 years ago
YOU

move me. Every story just grabs me. This site is lucky to have you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Amazing story

I loved it

CharleyHCharleyHover 19 years ago
Wonderful story!

Have PM'd a much longer response and will check out the SDC. A pleasure to read, and it has underlined the fact that I am a total SAP for stories like this ;)

jimhawkinsjimhawkinsabout 19 years ago
very good

I lived in a smallish town though not as small as the one you write about. I dont know if it would be as open as the one you write about. ITs a great story.

the_bragisthe_bragisabout 19 years ago
Very nice...

Refreshingly different, beautifully written, and totally uplifting.

Alex Bragi

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Absolutely loved it

I loved every bit of this story. Throughout the entire thing i had a smile on my face. It was truly lovely.

SecretFantasy69SecretFantasy69almost 17 years ago
Talk about good writing...

Loved every aspect of this story! Very very very good!

FatBottomedGirlFatBottomedGirlover 15 years ago
really really good stuff

i don't normally read stories from this catagory but you've convinced me to have a further look! wonderful. thanx :)

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Lovely

I am a 64 year old Alpha type heterosexual male and I loved this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for a wonderful, touching story. It was unexpected and heartwarming. Wonderful characters, excellent writing. I really enjoyed it!

jiminabjiminababout 14 years ago
Loved your story

it was a very good read. I do have a personal problem with same sex marriages. The problem is with the word marriage. I have no problem with same sex unions but I feel that using the word marriage is an affront to what my wife and I have. A marriage is a union between a male and a female with the result being the procreation of the species. If all the gay females were sent to Venus and all the gay men were sent to Mars and we came back in 100 years which of the 3 planets would have a viable population? But that is my problem. I do understand love between two people. Just please don't call it marriage. That said...I did love the story. Thank you. Jim

bigguy323bigguy323over 13 years ago
I'm a Libertarian and I have NO problem with Gay behavior. Or, for that matter ANY behavior that does not reduce another persons rights to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness.

I also have NO problem with Civil Unions where the couple have all the Legal rights of an otherwise "Married Couple".

Marriage is a Religious Rite and as such the qualifications for marriage fall under a different civil right. That right is, of course, the freedom to choose your religion.

In my opinion all unions should be "civil unions" and THEN become blessed or otherwise blessed by their respective religions. The STATE really has no business regulating religion in any fashion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
enjoyed it a lot

Small acts of kindness, of bravery, of selflessness are what define us as human beings. Thanks for an entertaining and uplifting read.

jessicaj64jessicaj64over 12 years ago
Too bad

that the social commentary moved the way it did.

This is SUCH a beautiful story, Penelope, I loved it the first time, and again today, It moved me to tears both times.

Thankfully, were I find a woman who I would wish to marry, we now could.

Lynn marrying her Wendy, or me marrying my future wife, does no harm to your relationship with your wife, Jiminab or bigguy. Equality is for all, without restriction. Marriage is a civil union, though it can be a religious one also. And the tide has finally turned our way.

Just as Rachel was Lynn's herione, so Penelope is mine, along with Gov. Cuomo and Sen. Jim Alesi in New York.

Maybe, by the time I find my bride, I'll be able to wed her in Kansas.

Penelope, thank you once more, for a such a remarkably well written, thoughtful, beautiful tender story.

Jessica <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
lovely and wonderful !

A great short story. Thank you so much. I wish many many more people could read it. Maybe it would make a difference.

Thank you again.

IrfonIrfonover 12 years ago
Very moving story.

Made me realise the problems that some people have to live through.

Well written - thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
beautiful! nonetheless,

I have to send a massive high-five to bigguy323 and (slightly smaller) jiminab for pointing out that you don't have to be a bigot or a homophobe to disagree with some of the decisions being made today regarding gay marriage. I'm beyond supportive of providing gay couples the same rights and privileges that straight couples have access to; my love of this country (the U.S), its constitution, and my fervent regard for the sanctity of justice would permit nothing less. However, I wholeheartedly reject the proposition that my personal, public or private, religious feelings regarding the validity or rightness of such legally ratified gay unions are the fulcrum upon which balances the answer to the question "am I a good, kind person"! I support gay couples being able to live together with all the same rights they'd have if one of them was of the opposite sex. I think it's simple constitutional and human justice. However, I oppose gay Marriage. Can you understand what I just said, or is your head too far left or right leaning, so's I just gave you a headache? I said I support gay "marriage" as a legal institution, but I oppose gay marriage as a religious institution, after saying a bunch of stuff that destills into: if that pisses you off, you're a hypocritical jackanape anyway, so bugger off! Only with more pain. ;)

Yep, that's my piece, I'm done. Excellent story, by the way! ;D -Anu

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

GREAT STORY!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
5-4 was the Supreme's vote

to elect George Bush. Didn't hear the rightist (sic) protest THAT vote.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Melt

Simply beautiful.

A most touching story.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightabout 8 years ago
Justice Anthony Kennedy

I had a total meltdown over his annulling the Defense of Marriage Act.

I'm homophobic.

I had a worse meltdown over Obergefell v. Hodges, since I saw it coming a mile away.

This story was stunningly moving. For the right reasons.

Wonder who these women will invite to THEIR wedding? I know three of them already.

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
What can I say?

What can I say indeed, Penny? I'm old and straight and sometimes cynical and you almost had me in tears with this lovely story. It's a wonderfully evocative story of the effect that the kindness of strangers can have on our lives. As for the marriage of gay people, I'm a whole-hearted supporter and just wish that senior churchmen of all persuasions---and other antis---would take off the blinkers and accept that it's the love that's important, not the gender.

Brian

jezzazjezzazover 6 years ago
That was awesome.

More that kind of thing please.

Really great stuff.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Beautiful

Tear jerker should be added to the tags.

It's a lovely story that explores bigotry, hopes and fears on several levels.

It is truly amazing how things have changed in my lifetime...it is even more amazing how things have changed in just the last 13 years since this story was published.

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
Beauftiful

Tear jerker should be added to the tags.

It's a lovely story that explores bigotry, hopes and fears on several levels.

It is truly amazing how things have changed in my lifetime...it is even more amazing how things have changed in just the last 13 years since this story was published.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

What a great description of her fears and thankfully mistaken assumptions about the wedding party. The bride’s actions were well executed and were a surprising turn to the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing story

Extremely well written, I loved it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lovely prophetic story.

Interesting to read this now (2021). I live in Australia where same sex marriage is legal (since 2017) and now is well accepted and performed by some churches. It came about as Penepole suggested, individuals not being afraid to come out, and others accepting them and welcoming them. In my family my niece formed a same sex relationship, everyone loved her girlfriend (who is great fun) and everyone turned out for their wedding when that became legal. It was a wonderful party and celebration of love. Before then at another wedding (heterosexual) the Bride and Groom, in their speeches, expressed the wish that the law would be changed so that all who were in love could marry, whether same sex or not.

This is how discrimination is ended. Thanks Penepole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

One of the best stories I've read. Got me in immediately, i was not sure where we were heading. Nicely resolved and congrats to the happy couple for I'm sure they are married by now.

tatlockstatlocksabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story, loving and tender. Thank you for posting this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Didn't care for this story at all. Pretty sad...... totally weird.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

I was very moved by this story and fully endorse all the positive comments.

I was a counsellor and psychotherapist with a UK charity that provided a service specialising in sex and gender issues. Our team was mixed gay, lesbian and straight. Over some 16 years I had a number of gay and lesbian clients, all of them lovely people.

I am now 83 and am amazed by how much attitudes have changed over my lifetime. I know one gay couple who have been together for 40 years, had a civil partnership and then married as soon as UK law permitted.

After the woman I loved for 40 years died 8 years ago, to my surprise 2 years ago I found a new love with a wonderful 60yo Chinese woman and have never been happier. Love is strange and wonderful.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Excellent, thank you.

SexecclecticSexecclectic10 months ago

One of the most moving stories to be found on Literotica. You are a master storyteller Penelope.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous