All Comments on 'Mailgirls: Three on One'

by lizstanton8181

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
KinseyBayKinseyBayabout 6 years ago
A wonderful slow burn

You're truly distinguishing yourself in this little subgenre. You describe the humiliating descent from reluctance to acceptance so well. It's my favorite aspect of the mailgirl stories, the fall from grace, the point at which they become complicit in their bondage, and you never fail to nail that slide into submissive depravity.

Your talent for dialogue and carefully introducing backstory to the story makes the slow burn of the story worth it. It took me all morning and afternoon (on and off) to read it, but I found every page to be riveting as it explored the subject and protagonist.

And the camaraderie with the girls is also an area that sets your stories apart. The way they develop friendships, rivalries, and create natural bonding interactions out of their shared circumstances is so realistic. These are three dimensional characters and it only makes diving into their fears and excitement so rewarding.

I strangely find myself looking forward most to characters that balk at the audacity of the mailgirl program. The ones that are utterly indignant at the prospect of their company stooping so low, like Kristen and Debbie and her oh-so-true "Right and wrong!" rebuttals.

I love these kind of character interactions. The angry outbursts are needed to ground the story and contrast them with the women that don't have such reactions. It makes it even more humiliating and keeps the stories from feeling too...easy.

Especially in light of the #meetoo conversation.

I also love the connected world you have going on. I like reading the callbacks to previous stories of yours, and getting to know how characters previously mentioned came to be, such as Meredith and Amanda in this exploration. I hope I get to see Abby, or should I say Park Place Six again. She's my fav. A return to Park Place in general, with their 24/7 servitude, squat toilets, and lesbian dormitories would also be most welcomed from this fan.

And more Bitch Sessions!

Respect for referencing the other mailgirl stories out there, too. It makes reading and going back to all of the stories more fun.

Any critiques I have about this, or really the four mailgirl stories I've read of yours are not really criticisms per se, just things I'd like to see explored that I may just have to write about in my own stories. Mainly, more diverse body types and women of color, for different flavoring more than anything else.

I got excited for a bit when Vickie was described, briefly imagining her short chubby ass running through her old floor, red in shame from her large boobs bouncing every which way, to regret because I let my desire to see her reduced to the ranks of mailgirl inflate beyond what was reasonable. I know Will Barrow sets his eyes on a certain kind of prey, tall, 20s-30s, model-esque women, which was again emphasized in this story where all of the women are described as fashion models with near identical body proportions. So I shouldn't have let myself get excited for something I knew wouldn't make sense in your universe, at least at USF.

Felt a similar feeling of slight disappointment when the Korean woman, Five, and her backstory wasn't explored as much as I had hoped.

But again, that's a personal taste of mine, and the trappings of my wider desires, and not really a fair criticism of your writing. You are doing an amazing job of fleshing out your world and I'm grateful for each girl you write about feeling so unique and fully realized. I'll be here to read whatever gets your creative juices flowing.

Do you ever plan to write a story about a mailgirl that successfully completes the full two years and actually gets that dream job that they dangle in front of them as incentive? And what it would be like, as a former mailgirl, trying to be taken seriously in the same company that spent two years looking down on her as nothing but tits and ass? I imagine the difficulty would be interesting to read, as would be the pull to her former life that would almost assuredly be there. And I know you'd nail the confusing, complicated thoughts and feelings that would interplay.

Oh and are there any plans to return to Park Place One and Two? This exchange from Mailgirls Get Off:

------

"They haven't...?" Eighteen began to ask, but trailed off.

Seven cringed a little, but nodded reluctantly.

----

Caught me by surprise when I first read it. It can easily work as a "use your imagination" type of suggestion, but it was so unexpected that I kind of had trouble connecting the lines that could have led there between them. And I guess I'm kind of dying to see what the sisters even feel about it, how it's justified, and if their mother, visiting them in the nude and all, knows.

Either way, I can't wait to read more of what you do end up cooking up for us.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great! Your best story so far!

As a great fan of the mailgirl stories, this is in my opinion your best story so far (I hope there are many more coming). What I especially like is that you didn't put too much emphasis on the BDSM aspects of the story, but that you wrote more about the humiliation of mailgirl Three. Like for example when she had to beg this secretary to be let through to her boss or when Three was on her first run to collect the clothes of her fellow mailgirl.

I was reading this story throughout the day at work; well I didn't get too much done today...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great story

Very interesting take on the genre. You can continue this easily as another story. Also you can revisit NJ to see how the 24 seven girls are doing in a closed environment. Please keep this going. You a a good author with a fine imagination

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Great again

I like this story. Well written again as always. Like one of the other commenters I also hope we would revisit the girls at park place NJ again. These girls I guess would be treated harder and the 24/7 regime would call out for a darker story than this one. I know we all have different preferences but I liked very much the mail girl 6 story and find that there is much to explore still in that setting. You have managed to set up two parallel universes where there is room to play with different levels of degradation depending on the location.

One suggestion from my end on at topic to explore: What does 24/7 mail girls do on sundays and in the holiday season?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

"when Three's own family had found out what she'd "volunteered" for and had effectively disowned her, it was Two's mother out on Long Island who'd opened her arms and opened her house"

Aw, very sweet.

Liz: I'd like to make a request. I'm tired of reading stories where people are subbed against their will and embrace it forevermore. I truly am. I do like the fact that you include characters who refuse to be subbed - it adds a dose of reality to this. Too many authors ignore that aspect. But please, please add at least ONE single character with the spine and backbone to do the two years and resume her old life. Maybe you could do a week in the life of someone successfully transitioning back to their old (but promoted) job and reaping the rewards of their experience? How would they treat the mail girls? What would happen when they passed their replacement in the halls? What if she is nearby when someone shouts her old number, she turns and sees her replacement being summoned? What if some colleagues refuse to treat her with respect afterwards? What if some of them do the opposite and pretend they were never assholes to her? I think a little revenge-taking would be nice. If I were a mail girl, I would totally keep a log book of every slight ever offered me and... make plans. Just sayin'.

And finally, thanks again for writing this and not adding in and unnecessary rape scenes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Magnetic Composition

This story is by far one of the best composed of all the Mailgirl episodes. The dichotomy of Amanda vs. Three is depicted with a clarity which draws you into the story and very nearly creates a bizarre reality that you can feel.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Waaay too long winded!

As per title, way too long winded and repetitive...great idea but no substance. Boring.

dogged1dogged1almost 4 years ago
Anything but boring

I have read your stories in order they were written, and have been completely drawn into the mailgirl world. I like that the enforced nudity is spiced up with the bdsm aspect and the heavy amount of humiliation. Your writing style, given the attention to the character's description, keeps the stories moving along.

This particular entry was a bit slower in parts than the preceding stories, given the jump back in time, but it also helped add to the overall description, coming from Three's perspective.

SliceRealitySliceRealityover 3 years ago
Even better in context

Having just read Mailgirl Number Thirteen: Day 1 - I couldn't help but read this again with a new eye. The opening scene between Three and Miss Fisk is still incredible every time I read this.

But what I love is the added context the prequel gives us of Nick Pagliaros - that we get to see his concern on day one morph into disdain by month eight. It's an element I think you explore really well - that it's not just the Mailgirls themselves that become institutionalised by the program, the textiles are too.

VitavieVitavieabout 2 years ago

Great story. Great also to see a brief mention of “that time of the month” (if I remember, on Page 5.) This is rare and welcome, as it is part of being a woman. The fact that that time of the month is rarely mentioned may be due to a taboo or may attest to the fact that many stories are written by men.

I am planning to have the phenomenon feature in one of mine, in some respectful, meaningful way.

harc70harc70about 2 years ago

Love this story. I particularly like the aspect that these girls are willing to endure all this because it makes them horny like they have never been. The part were you mention how she has to sneak touching her own slit is especially hot.

I think in reality these girls would be masturbating a LOT more. But great stuff!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous