All Comments on 'Why Canada Sucks So Much'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
On behalf of The United States of America

We decline your offer to emigrate to America. Please remain where you are. You will have no better luck here.

SamuelxSamuelxabout 6 years agoAuthor
I go where I please, so fuck Trump and fuck you !

I go where I please ! So fuck Trump and fuck you !!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Maybe

Maybe you should go back to school and learn some basic writing skills.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
As an American Veteran

I will gladly defend your right to live in peace where ever you choose.

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago

I am sure they are happy to see you go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Look, I know Canada isn't perfect. I too live in Ottawa, and I know we aren't perfect when it comes it racism, stereotypes and all that other stuff...but come on. Black people in america get shot down in the streets, in other parts of the world it can be even worse. In terms of Canada's history with black people we don't have that much of a bad track record compared to everyone else. Also...how the heck does passive aggression beat out actual violence and worse social problems in America? I mean, I asked a black friend of mine if he would either like american brand racism or canadian brand and he goes with the kind that comes with maple syrup every time. I mean heck, the closest thing we have to rednecks in this country are either the Quebec people or the Newfies. However, saying my piece...I'm sorry that your experience here has been less than acceptable. As a Canadian and a citizen of Ottawa, and an aboriginal native, I apologize for any shunning my countrymen may have welcomed you with. I hope you have a nice day.

PS, to offset my defense, I will say one negative about Canada, I hate the national anthem. It makes it sound like another country is leaving for a week and we have to guard their house.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I believe this author has exhibited his own racism, while attempting to accuse others of what he alleges to detest. I lived in Ottawa many years ago, and found the people far more cosmopolitan and accepting of differences than the citizens of many American cities. Canadians are, however, less boisterous and outgoing than their southern neighbors, and he may have simply misunderstood their reserved demeanor as a "cold shoulder."

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
2137 Followers
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...