All Comments on 'Work Husband'

by edrider73

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments
Justgr8Justgr8about 6 years ago
Thank you!!

Thanks for this gift of one more story, it was well worth your efforts. 5*****

TonyGrant277TonyGrant277about 6 years ago
Boring

I almost fell asleep reading this self congratulatory crap. Unfortunately, none of the characters depicted had a brain in their head. They all deserved each other. They would all make great Christians.They were all so proud of their fake intellect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another mystery

Why I read all five pages of this drivel is a mystery that may never be solved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good Story!

Unlike the several other "Mystery Tour" stories I've read so far, this was a psychological detective story rather than a homocide detective story, but just as engaging.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
could be called "Blind Spot"

Known several smart people who had blind spots, good read, full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
well written

but not erotic and unrealistic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
soooo...

Dylan's punishment is his wife's return to being beauty quenn and rejuvenated awesome sex life with her.

So much for how cruel females are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I enjoyed most of it...

But before I write more, thanks for all your hard work and good efforts. This was an intriguing story from the get-go, but I was left a little 'blah' about the final result. Wait!Now that I think of it, what's wrong with having a happy ending? So Dylan didn't get punished after all, but he knows he's on a short leash, and he's also going to have a trim and sexy wife to keep him from going astray. 5 stars.

fifteen16fifteen16about 6 years ago
Before Completion

A very well written story detailing the exchanges of conversation between a husband and wife, something that us hard pressed husbands have come to know over the years. Chuckle!. Probably like most readers i start to form an opinion on where the story is going. Third way down page 2 we have Minerva who is very confident and successful in her endeavuors and has formed a close relationship with a colleague. She has no sense of proprietary over her personal relationship with her husband, what happens between a husband and wife is their business and theirs only. In revealing her personal feelings and actions at home she is also revealing that of her husband, she has no right to do that. When challenged about this she goes on the offensive, no thought about his feelings only hers count. The suggestion that she maybe being duped by good old Dylan is not acceptable. No one can fool her, confidence in herself has crossed over to arrogance. It is good to be confident in oneself but there is a fine line between being confident or arrogant, easy to cross. As my old mother would say, she needs taking down a peg or two. I shall read on..

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerabout 6 years ago
WOW! A seriously twisted but great working of words, never lost track of anything!

This a very well written but after I read it the second time, the overall thought in my pea sized brain was OMG/Wholly SHIT. Indepth with a swirling of "let's make the reader keep up" and it was impressive.

BRAVO!!

SimepopSimepopabout 6 years ago
What??

Did I miss the part where she apologized profusely to her true husband for what he’d said and done and trying to show her what the relationship was becoming. And his attitude all along was OK I’ll suck it up, and with everything including her denigrating remarks and attitude as long as she doesn’t screw her “work husband”. So as I read it, she’s a ball busting bitch and he’s a wimp.

schulz777schulz777about 6 years ago
weird story...

but I like it

4 starrs

onbothsidesonbothsidesabout 6 years ago
Simepop

When a commenter calls a character a wimp, it often reflects poorly on the commenter. In this case though, he is a wimp. It's why she chose him to begin with. The way I read this a large part of her anger at her husband's attitude is that he is not deferring to her (superior) understanding of her work relationship. He isn't keeping in his place.

I enjoyed the way that he got her to employ her Colombo skills by appealing to her vanity. Her vanity, not any desire to heal the rift with her spouse is the only reason she tried to examine Dylan and his motives.

Notice how she became friendly with Dylan's wife? Notice that it came after they both abused Dylan mentally and emotionally (not that he hadn't earned it). The physical abuse (the pegging) was the icing on the cake.

What I'm saying is that her anger was caused not because of her husband's jealousy, but by his challenge to her superiority. The very idea that she could be fooled? Her anger at Dylan is not because he's trying to bed her and destroy her husband. No, Dylan has to pay for believing that her could manipulate her.

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinabout 6 years ago
Well done

Classic Ed without the violence this time, I’m impressed you could write that way. Still you gave us all the standard Ed fare that we have come to know and love in every one of your stories...

Angry wife in leather...check

Husband getting violently ass fucked...check

Everything on video...check

But for once you didn’t make it the focus of your story. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Terrible woman

The wife in this story is a horrible person. The poor guy should just move the hell on. Regardless of the decent writing the characters are so unbelievable they detract from the story to the point of making it just terrible.

Get rid of her!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sorry

Sorry, this story doesn’t work for me. Women are not equal with men, just superior in ever way. Not in my view. Your ending was way too long. I didn’t get more curious, I just got bored.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
??????????

yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InescuInescuabout 6 years ago
Classic Ed

I pretty much hated everyone.

Lamson1Lamson1about 6 years ago

This left me a little cold.

Most of Minerva's reactions struck me as off. For a woman described as very intelligent, she completely misses being targeted (a loving wives trope I loathe) but then digs her heels in violently when her husband quite aptly notes it. The most galling part is when she slaps him for simply saying that when/if she fucks her "work husband" he was out of there.

And when she FINALLY realized that her husband was right, I don't recall her ever apologizing. She just patronizes him.

Given her blossoming friendship with Lorena the wannabe dominatrix, it's only a matter of time before she's wearing the leathers and pegging her husband...

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1about 6 years ago
Yadda Yadda Yadda

But honestly mr edrider which idiot would like to be married to a spouse like Minerva?? Only real brain sick ones! And if these protagonists are friends of you then run, run fast and far. Dont look back or maybe you are the next for rebuilding a marriage!! But after reading some of your stories I know you are into nonconsent/reluctant and your male protagonists are always the humiliated one: So its amazing that you stopped at that patch!!!

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 6 years ago
While Minerva might have had a blind spot for Dylan

In the end she never apologized to her husband for the shabby way she treated and ridiculed him about his "so called" jealousy of her "work husband". She really hated that she lost her work confident (the at work substitute for her departed friend Emma). It seems like our highly intelligent Minerva needed a bestie to re-enforce her intellectual confidence and she really hated her husband for interfering with her association with Dylan. Again at the end when she finally reluctantly does the true deceptive work to discover Dylans true intent she never returns her husband to the status of equal partner. I could see this marriage as doomed by her arrogance and lack of empathy to her spouse. I haven't scored this story yet, I have to come back tomorrow and read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
started out interesting

then degraded into unbelievable B/S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
the most fragile ego

is the female ego. at least in this story. ironic with all the "fragile male ego" bashing going on.

she was so upset she was wrong, or even could be wrong HYPOTHETICALLY.

lol society is so trained to bash men and worship women for no reason. it's great to see that tired line used at least four times and then to actually read the story and see women flip their fucking shit over hurt feelings. from the main wife to the jaded antagonist's wife. i loooove it. great story.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 6 years ago
Not sure why he wants to keep this wife around...

Can't find any redeeming qualities in her at all. I don't get the last few paragraphs - not sure what the connection to going to church is about suddenly. Story is interesting I will admit. And the husband's Columbo strategy was brilliant.

Tootight1Tootight1about 6 years ago
I gave it a 5

But not because I wanted to. I couldn't even fathom this scenario. The premise was right, but the work in putting this story altogether had to be mind boggling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
edrider73 has been and will be ....

.... a closet CuckyBoy NO MATTER what he submits so the his score will ALWAYS be a "1" !!!!!!

Thus ended the lesson!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thanks for the extreme effort. You must have given this story a great deal of thought and planning.

Thanks for trying.

I think your writing and its reception will improve when you can forget about the reader and focus on the characters and letting them tell their story. Too much of this narrative was constructed and contrived to tweak or mystify the reader, with no logical application to the story. Pointless delays in conveying thoughts and plans. Blatant carrots dangled not for the characters or the plot, but to entice the reader. And the obnoxious intellect morphing, where one moment someone is a genius, then they are dumb as a rock, then they are subtle and nuanced, then they are obtuse and clueless, all as needed to fit the current contrived twist in the plot. It just got tiring.

In fact, I stopped reading about half way through page 4, then went to the comments, then started reading backwards a paragraph at a time. I didn't see anything in the ending that enticed me to go back and read how it all came about. It did appear that the story and the characters eventually descend into a comic book routine, where, Shazam!!, shit just happens, with Dylan apparently devolving from the most clever and subtle predator ever, to a slobbering sex-starved dolt? Whatever.

Again, thanks for the effort. I wish you would apply such effort to a more intelligent and plausible story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Some readers are lucky

I am envious of those who don't see her as at all realistic. I would give a lot to have not ever have seen behavior like this in my own life. But I have.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 6 years ago
4 stars

Because you put a lot of time and effort into this story and it had a very happy ending for everyone involved.

But it would have been easier to enjoy if Dylan truly was a platonic "work husband", because that does happen and it would have been nice to see the husband ACTUALLY wrong for a change.

That being said, it was still a great story. Thankyou for taking the time to tell it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Jesus

what a stupid boring story.............

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

"Like what?"

"Things he does to close a sale."

"So he's in sales, not in development." - What happened here? It looks like the second sentence is Minerva's but the attribution and line/paragraph breaks were lost.

"He listens closely to everything they say and uses the information to maneuver the conversation until they finally say the things that move them toward what he wants." - Reminds me of the pussy hounds who listen to what the wife says, then regurgitates it back so that they thnk that he really GETS her.

"He's told me he always gets whatever he goes after." - Probably not just in sales, either!

"
 "What?" - Another odd formatting issue.

Wives shouldn't be discussing fights with their husbands at work with ANYONE, especially male co-workers, no matter how much they SEEM to be taking the husbands' side.

"He said you show how much you love me by giving me free rein to do what I want with my life and that's why I'm a fulfilled woman." - "Do what she wants," like take a lover. He's prepping her to start thinking of her husband as submissive to her wishes.

LOL, Dylan was trying to show how "safe" he was by clinging to his wife and staying away from ALL the other women, including Minerva.

Why the fuck was he apologizing before he even knew what happened?

"went to the Internet" - That's why I'm always puzzled by the stories where the wife is afraid to do new things with her husband because she's afraid he'll wonder where she learned them. Here's one of the answers: The Internet!

I thought the ending got too involved. All it needed was for her to see that Dylan WAS indeed trying to seduce her and shut him down.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
omfg

i knew there was a reason i but u on my fav list. fucking finally a smart women, sure hubby had to push a little but she finally got there, fucking beautiful tyvm. her revenge if thats what is was, was very convoluted. but damn first time i read one like this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
strange one from Ed

I was surprised when I got to 3rd page and no one had his balls tied and something shoved up his ass. This just does not seem like Ed wrote it.

adgeonadgeonabout 6 years ago
Bizarrely good

I enjoyed it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A Good Story.

A well written psychological story, deep, involved a tad shy of convoluted with a good range of emotions and a wilful wife that in the moment takes a vital step back from the precipice. I would have gladly given it 5 stars but it seemed their ralationship still didn't find any equilibrium. She had him and Emma, then just him, then him and Dylan. Then at the end she still exerted the control and influence on their marriage.

Even after being exposed she didn't eat up her humble pie and appologise to her man she just said she was affraid to face him. She didn't try to excuse the two days she expressed nothing but hate for the man she loved. I enjoyed the fact that the story featured these complex emotions but she expressed no shame or regret to her husband about having them, or wrongfully acusing him about his (correct) assessement of the predatory arsehole.

I recognise that, as in IRL, the roles couple have in a marriage are not always divided equally, but in a healthy marriage the love and more importantly respesct IS shared equally by both partners and in the story it wasn't. Conceding that his revenge was overruled was an acceptance of good sense, over violent gratification rather than female dominance, despite how satisfying a few short lived minutes of adrenlaline fueled victory might feel, But her failure, nay, refusal to share her plan or progress with him in less than two word updates shows at best a lack of respect and at worst continued superiority and smug contempt for the man she married, It certainly displays no care for the dangers she might have placed herself in or imaginings of his mind for the actions she might pursue in furtherance of her plan. She was so much smarter than her husband so she felt no need to inform him of anything. She never treated her husband as an equal even after realising a superiority complex left one vulnerable.

She knew she was smart. But smart is not the same as wise.

A great story and just a bit shy of being a grest one.

4*

Thanks for a fun read.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago
This is only the second of your stories I read

The first was 'Strange Car in the Driveway'.

That was distasteful. A man married to a sadist who emotionally destroys him.

And here...we get two. This woman clearly didn't give a fuck about the views of her husband and instead of giving him regular soul satisfying updates, tried to make him more jealous. Because...reasons!

Meanwhile, that serving of crow she so clearly deserved was the lightest and most passive aggressive of meals. 'Oh...Tee Hee! I guess I was wrong and nearly destroyed my marriage. Let me show my remorse by doing absolutely nothing and meanwhile try to CONTINUE to make you crazy with jealousy because I am awesome and you still don't deserve me.'

Meanwhile the 'punishment' was barely comprehensible on a first read. Perhaps you were inspired by Henry James. You did not pull it off.

It seems the only option at being suckered is not for an Alpha to dust himself off, but to become the lowest of submissives...just like the protagonist of the story.

I don't recall the name of this guy. Can I call him Stepandfetch?

As an exercise is psychological torment, well done. As a likeable story...nah.

Richie4110Richie4110about 6 years ago
I don’t get it

And, I don’t believe it has and ending

Thanks for the effort

RhomanovRhomanovabout 6 years ago
***

Uhhhhh..... was there an ending? I spent each page going okaaayyy.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well

I read it all and didn't really care for it. The wife was kinda of a bitch. She was close to destroying her marriage. .if not for hubby who may really have been the smartest of all. She should be worrying about how to say she is sorry and proving that it won't happen again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Skirt the issues

I get the Henry James of it all, but her so-called revenge was ill-defined. Mr. James’ was not. Also, her remorse was not convincing. She left her husband in the dark, always being one up. She’s so amazing the poor man was trembling? He couldn’t take it? Please. Through it all, she showed little regardl for her husband’s feelings. I don’t think I would have stayed.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
Sorry Ed. It was good until the non ending, creative, interesting albeit too drawn out BUT

She never really was contrite for the bitchy way she treats her husband, and is now forcing relations with a wack assed loony couple on him.

You should have made the revenge and contrition real, and left out the cheesy attempt to add D/s and Femdom to the plot.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 6 years ago
Every single story written by this author is a vile piece of shit and this is no exception

The key to this awful disgusting story is that not only does the wife not apologize for being an arrogant self-centered egotistical bitch. Nooooo.... what makes a story truly awful is that after finding out that the wife was duped and had a blind spot for Dylan the hug and rolls over and decides that her plan of Revenge on Dylan should be trusted.

This makes absolutely no sense in the course of human dynamics. It does however make sense in the way that is twisted sick vile dumb fuck author writes all of his story between husband's and wives.

And this is typical of the case with this disgusting mentally Disturbed author the husband spends the entire fucking story saying

WHAT?

HUH?

WHO?

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
oldswitchhitter is right

aim to mollify the closet cuck crowd in your next tale (this comment will elicit a chuckle from a few folks out there)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I can't rate your story . . .

Because I haven't the foggiest notion of what it was trying to convey.

This isn't writing, it's typing.

ribnitinribnitinabout 6 years ago
Gripping storytelling till...

Imaginative story, but the conclusion seemed a little too contrived.

Dylan's desperation for sex was not credible. Otherwise, good story which I enjoyed reading

qhml1qhml1about 6 years ago
A Decent Read

But it kind of fell apart at the end. All kinds of possibilities for a sequel, and it seems to me the cheated on wife was the smarter one of the group. What were her motives? Did it seem a bit odd that neither she nor her husband had ever experimented with that lifestyle before but were now enjoying it? It seemed, there at the end, that she was the true seducer, dropping hints to the husband and then turning into a substitute BFF for the wife. Lots of possibilities there, think about it.

Q

thunderfoot1959thunderfoot1959about 6 years ago
I'd like to like it, but....

A lot of good storytelling in the first half. However, the husband wimps out in the second half. Unlike some others, I can suspend disbelief and accept that sexual frustration caused by an incomplete seduction could drive a guy back to his unappealing wife (late 16th and early-to-mid 17th century French lit is full of such things). The lesson the wife didn't learn is the importance of candor with one's spouse and acting as a team. First the husband is tortured by the "work spouse", then he is tortured by the "Columbo test" and the wife's disappearance (coupled with the friend's refusal to explain what's going on), and finally he is tortured by the secret plan to get revenge that sounds a lot like giving the seducer what he wants. The missing sentence in the story is the one where he says, "Pursuing secret revenge and not sharing it with me may yet cost us our marriage. I won't stop you, but consider well what you have already done to us as well as what you are doing now." His last line of happiness should have a big asterisk next to it. He's screwed, and not in a good way. He's smart enough to soon realize he's been manipulated, so subtly that he is trapped by his own logic and good behavior.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Too

clever by half. This went from interesting and clever to absurd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Huecuck says "schwanze" is Siberian for

"cuck in a closet"

trandall9991trandall9991about 6 years ago
At least the cuckolding never started

Or maybe that was why she came home walking on cloud nine. Couldn't figure that out. But Lorena she got control back. Next time maybe he shouldn't tell her to go ahead and do whatever. But it is an interesting story. That gets higher marks than just a flat out cuckolding story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A good man-hating feminist romp

No, not really.

Minerva is so full of herself, and her husband so lacking as anything but a perspective. Minerva is the only real character in this story, and she's a terrible Mary-Sue.

No one in this story resembles intelligent. They resemble arrogant. Everything follows along on a bizarre script that doesn't work anything like real life, and it disrupts the flow of the story. She gets worked up enough to fly off to her life-long friend who's a barely there substitute for going home to her parents, not because she cheated, but because she was wrong and her husband was right? In an entirely predictable fashion? And I say that not because of the story category, but because the thing about work spouses is that they're NOT intimate. They're comfortable but it's about work and not about your personal life. And in particular, if she has a friend like Emma, that's her confidante and who she would reach out to.

And the needy relationship between Minerva and Emma, downplayed as it is later in the story, is an indicator of severe mental weakness on Minerva's part, and the only interesting part of the character. What does Emma really mean to Minerva, and why does Minerva need constant contact with her? Why does Emma suffer the relationship with her lack-luster husband?

The story is too long, the husband in the story is used only as a perspective and isn't characterized much at all, and the lead character is a boring arrogant Mary Sue who's magical perfection somehow doesn't leave her perceptive about someone she's "intimate" with at work but does enough to be excellent at sales, despite not being manipulative like the evil Dylan.

I don't think this story is recoverable as is; you'd have to completely alter Minvera into something that doesn't resemble a perfect facscimile of a human female and into something resembling an actual person with faults and strengths, and you'd have to have one of those faults be the glaring problem that leaves her vulnerable to manipulation by the Dylan character, because that really isn't explained.

And the ending is just stupid. So yes, 1 star.

juderboyjuderboyabout 6 years ago
I have to agree with almost everyone else.

This started out interesting, a plot with a twist. But then I think the author outsmarted himself and lost track of the story. Why is it so had to see that cheating does not have to be a physical act? My ex never acting did the big nasty, but she did become way too emotionally involved with another man. Nothing I could do would get her to see she was crossing the line. By the time she opened her eyes and agreed with me, the damage was done. This story made no sense.

K.K.K.K.about 6 years ago
Very Interesting Story

Enjoyed the story. Will have to check out your other submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very well done

very good plot. Well written. Easy 5

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

So happy to read a story where the victim turns the tables

Storm113Storm113about 6 years ago
Like the storyline

BUT, husband was a wimp. You tried to portray him as smart and knowledgeable about his wife, did not work. All you did with the wife is prove she doesn't love or respect him. Saved it for the storyline, but the 2 characters were awful.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 6 years ago
Very clever! Are these aliens?

I’m wondering if this is mislabeled science fiction. The thought processes of these characters work better for me if I just think of them as humanoid extraterrestrials. If I try to imagine them as fellow Earthlings, I get lost.

Three white dwarves. 💫💫💫

Rutty

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

She had zero respect and if it were my wife I would’ve considered her emotional relationship not as friendly but as cheating. Hanging out , working , eating and telling this guy everything she does in her personal life is a form of cheating and the physical part of it would definitely fall into place. He was playing the hubbys defender but he was just building up to jump from his side to hers so he could fuck her. Call me jealous but a wife should not be that close to another man, especially one who she is with as much as her hubby and a husband should not do the same with another woman. People vent and others are waiting to capitalize on it. Men are sharks and 99 out of a 100 are scum when it comes to getting laid. I never would’ve tolerated her talking about how great this guy was from go . She never punished him , she got him a raise , better position at work and something seems very fishy with this . My mind would say he fucked her already,

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 6 years ago
onbothsides' comment is the best thing about this story

After finishing this story, I felt weird because it checked off all the things I usually like about revenge. One could argue the guy is getting a great a sex life though. It was well written and I didn't really know why I didn't like the story until I read onbothsides comment and then it all became clear.

Then when it became clear, I suddenly remembered who this author was. The revenge then seemed really light compared to his other stories, but the story itself seems better written than his others.

fausttusfausttusabout 6 years ago
well written and original......

Excellent story and well written. After reading it I was impressed, and I liked it. But I couldn't say it was a favorite. And I couldn't say why.

That is until I read a comment by deblackbuster. Which in turn lead me to onbothsides' comment.

congrats to both for pointing out the subtle way the plot turned.

The wife, a flawed character and seeks justice not for being wrong to the husband, but for her vanity.

A different take on the whole Loving wife staying true to her vows and exacting justice against the evil predator who seeks to destroy her marriage.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
WHY USE GOD AS A FAULT OR AN EXCUSE

when most of the time its ones own intuition that gels the mind set, TK U MLJ LV NV

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 6 years ago
Not one of the best.

"Lorena said our conversations were getting him so worked up that he had trouble thinking about anything except sex, but he couldn't have sex with me, and there was nowhere else for him to turn. He had never gone to a whore because he was scared of getting a disease. He tried masturbating, but when he closed his eyes, all he could see was me, and that sent him into a panic. I call bull shit I have known people like this and he would have just push forward toward the end game.

"No one will ever take her place, but I know Emma will be as happy as I am when I talk to her this weekend. Aren't you happy for me?" She still never shows remorse for what she put her husband through but wants him to pat her on her head and tell her how great she is.

I hated Minerva from the start and ended the story still hating her. She was a self absorbed bitch from beginning to end. Frank should have just walked out and let her come looking for him instead of being her whooping boy when ever something went wrong.

"All right," I said, throwing caution to the winds. "You'll do it because it would prove once and for all how I'm completely wrong about Dylan. I'd have to bow and scrape and beg you to forgive me for being such an asshole about your innocent friendship with your work husband." It was all about making Frank look like the dud.

I don't always like to see a BTB story but I dislike seeing a story (one written by a man) make the husband look weak. Maybe Frank should have ended up with Emma.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What was the wife's revenge supposed to be?

Let's see, the wife gets promoted and brings Dylan along as the top man on her team, with more responsibility and more money. What exactly is her revenge plan? I'm guessing that Dylan not getting into her pants was supposed to be the revenge. A case of blue balls is it? The wife couldn't have known what Dylan's wife Lorena was going to put him through in order to get some sexual relief. ??? In the end, Dylan got transferred to another area of the company making the same salary. I guess that will teach poor Dylan a lesson.

And by the way, is the reader supposed to believe that Dylan is spilling his guts about everything his has been planning and setting up with Minerva, leaving nothing out? This could only happen if Lorena was somehow in on what Dylan is doing and cared. Makes no sense to me.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Interesting.

Kudos to edrider73 for yet

again writing a most

immaginative and interesting story!

One of my most favorite writers here.

That being said, let's look

at the downside of this story.

Near the end of this story,

this reader still didn't know

if Minerva was going to

cheat on her husband.

Problem is I didn't care!

Her aggressiveness

and borderline (maybe)

disrespect towards her husband,

called for a stronger response

from him than he gave.

His response was

a response of a wimp.

I would've divorced

the manipulating bitch

on the spot!

So a great plot and,

regrettably, a wimpy husband.

4 out of 5 from me.

Without a wimp

this story would've

gotten top ratings from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
That was one heck of a trip!

It could have gone in so many ways, but it actually went down a route less travelled.

Good job, Edrider. I enjoyed it.

gordo12gordo12about 6 years ago
I liked it a lot

right up to the end. but then it seemed to go sideways. It was well written but I definitely didn't think the ending matched the story. I would have given it OVER 5* but deducted for the ending so it's 5* anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!

Loved this one.

enjayemenjayemalmost 6 years ago
Well

Wasn't that different.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
This is unacceptable. 7 years dungeon, no trial. I am well within my rights.

Well, it seems the editors accidentally gave flashes of insight into the plot device used to avoid an omniscient narrator.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Uhh... OK...

What the hell was this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Well that was typical Edrider garbage

At least no man got ass raped. This didn't feel like a typical Ed story. It wouldn't surprise me to find out someone else wrote it. The messed up, train wreck ending just added the cherry on top of another Ed failure. This is the one time I have something bad to say too Randi. There's no way in hell Edrider73 belongs in this group. Edrider's stories are all low rated pieces of trash. Why on earth would you include this truly horrible author in a collection like this?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Clever and convoluted but

The story is well-written, convoluted and clever but it lacks any meaningful emotional dimension. Good quality writing but far too cerebral for my taste and the ending is such an anti-climax that you wonder why you bothered reading what went before.

LA.

green117green117over 5 years ago
@anony -2

Wanna bet?

Read the other wife's revenge again...

Anyway, kinda telegraphic in the writing style, and seems to presume an easy entrance to a B/D lifestyle that doesn't seem likely.

But! interesting never the less, and the bits on how to sell people are useful for dealing with some unpleasant types of salespeople.

Green-something

(I was surprised that Ed is here on this list {"Legends"} of stories... since he is certainly an acquired taste.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Minerva Was an Egotistical Shit!

Minerva was a very unlikeable who was anything but the smartest person around. While she hadn't sex with Dylan (yet) much of the rest of their relationship was emotional cheating. The intimate discussions ,the frequent lunches together , the touching , even little kisses were well beyond the boundaries of being just co-workers/friends! And the whole concept of Work Husband/Work Wife suggest far more than just friendship. Minerva also was condescending and dismissive with her husband which also made her easily unlikeable. ~ The whole part with Dylan's wife doesn't work! She's introduced as a chubby , unattractive woman who turns into a sexy Dom who then becomes quirky Minerva's new best buddy? Nope, doesn't work!!! That mumbo jumbo ending doesn't work either. What was all that crap about church anyway?!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The story was stupid

And hubby was a total PUSSY. I am surprised he did not volunteer to suck dicks to get her back.

johsunjohsunover 5 years ago
Great Story!

I loved it. I am married to a smart and determined woman, in some ways much like Minerva. She's certainly smarter than me. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, she makes me sharp just to trying keep up with her, so I can really identify with Minerva and her husband in this story.

I liked that the camera and humiliation were sort of second hand in this one. Of course my morbid curiosity wonders what things Lorena did to Dylan. he he he.

It's a well written story and the best I've so far read from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorry

This is crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story, came up a bit short

Wow, such anger at the wife not getting her punishment! It's hard to understand some comments.

My only problem was that I can't see Dylan coming unglued so badly. He's a controller and I suspect he can control himself better and not come begging to the wife he has rejected for so long. Still, an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Brilliant

This is one of the best stories I've read on this site. This is an exceptional piece of writing.

I get why some of the reviews aren't so positive, especially since most people would likely be expecting something more graphic.

(There's pretty much no sex … even though its pretty much all about sex.)

I personally found it very sexy, though.

Smartly done. Pleasantly surprised.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
I don't get it

Am I missing the part about the husband NOT being a giant, dickless sap?

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
And in chapter 2...

Minerva was right, Lorena is in cahoots with Dylan. Where he has succeeded the girls are ultimately bought under her control and trained properly.

Where he comes up short or the tables seem to be turning, she steps in with the poor downtrodden wifey story. First it's shared interests starting with knowledge gleamed by Dylan, then either pity me help me get back in shape or let's enjoy food together, all wrapped up with a shared cult...I mean religion.

And/or we see the revenge the husband carefully planned, then tweaked to include both Dylan and Lorean, carried out.

The recurring theme - a very open ended story.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Ok

That was different. Good but different. Husband still should of exacted some revenge on the predator. Wife should of been shamed too. Its true, the wicked mind is that of a woman. 5. Good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NFW!

I’d of divorced her stupid ass along time ago. Dumb shit!

enjayemenjayemover 5 years ago
Okaaaaay

Read it a couple of times, still didn't get it, so I didn't vote. Hey, at least I left a comment

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Outstanding!

I loved the way this story got into the thinking processes of both of them. -Through the husband's perspective of course, as Minerva unfolded it before him at her own pace. He had trouble negotiating some of the curves in the few details she was telling him about her plan to trap Dylan (if he as guilty), or exonerate him (if he wasn't on the prowl). And then her second plan - to put Dylan in his rightful place. Again hubby is filled with worry. He's worried that Dylan might yet be able turn the tables, and actually succeed in seducing Minerva. Me too! Finally then the windfall that fell into Lorena's lap! That was special. Great story! Oh, and the husband is NOT a wimp. He knew his wife, knew she was smart, logical, and very experienced in evaluating people. He knew (or hoped) that if she could just look at Dylan with an unbiased eye, she would discover the truth. It's not wimpy to trust your wife, based on years of a strong relationship. He was smart suggesting the Columbo thing. J.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
OUTstanding!!

Being mind boggling subservient,stupid and ready to be the usual pathetic cuckold is quite outstanding in it's own way.

Yes when a person sees their significant other charging down an obvious path and caves it's wimpy,no more no less. Lipsticking the pig of an issue doesn't change that

Her epiphany of sorts led her to ever more dangerous behavior as she showed her own narcicism.

The guy led her on for ages and she need a bomb to drop on her to clue in and suddenly shes is this avenging genius LOL 2.0

Somebody thinks the nuanced intelligence in this is frustrating.No it's the mind numbing stupidity marketing that is frustrating

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You all missed the point.

E/maculation !!!!! super intelligent female dominate , pretty sick garbage what a wimp that dupe is, and she's a sex goddess that's bia. the best of bolt worlds ." the new female norm". Idiot author socially depressed and more that likely a mommas boy.. another Rex. issue !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Two dummies

Being deep. They are probably life mates.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
Really Good!

I didn't see real problems in the relationship between Minerva and the narrator. They were both strong people, and loyal to each other. Even when Minerva spent a week hating his guts, she didn't think about ending the marriage. She anticipated that she would get even with him when she failed to find Dylan guilty.

Her husband understood the dynamics of the relationship: love underneath but not always above. He was firm when establishing limits "fuck him and we're through", flexible enough to withdraw his "order" in order to leave her a path to discover the truth about Dylan.

Yes, she should have listened to him and seriously considered and taken to heart his words. But her strong personality wouldn't, and he knew that, so he let her run.

When she came to the realization Dylan was seducing her, her anger at herself was proportional to her love for husband -- great anger, great love, because she realized her betrayal in not respecting his wisdom and concern for her.

Her fear when she returned from Emma's was righteous because she knew how badly she'd screwed up. The lessor offense was championing Dylan; the greater was betraying her partnership with her husband and therefore stressing her marriage.

Fortunately, her knew her and with unconditional love accepted her back. They both knew where she went wrong, and she ask his forgiveness by saying "your were right, right, right!".

The psychology in this story was interesting. The twist with Lorena was interesting (I suppose Ed had to get his typical story items in somehow). Minerva knew Dylan was going to crack (evil mum growing) but wasn't sure what the context of his breakdown would be (evil flower). Also, Emma saw that Minerva needed to directly address husband with her behavior in order to have her headstrongness directly balanced by her submission.

This is a story that needs the LW discount of "+1" applied to the average score. Ed produced a fine work, even if it didn't resonate with the commentators.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Warned

I was warned, but I read it anyway. A very good writer who is afraid to close the deal.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 5 years ago
Convoluted: Who's On First?

A too long story of smart, smarter and smartest people playing mind games. Where arrogance ignores the obvious, humiliation leads to rekindled love and new friends are forged via foiled seduction.

If you can eventually make sense out of the above you got more out of this story than me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
!!?!

Oh gawd !?!?

cindycbegoodcindycbegoodover 4 years ago
Fun to read but

This was a fun read. For the most part. The thought of a guy being able to "win" a wife in full knowledge of her husband was intriguing. I could see the husbands dilemma. He could see what the guy was doing but the wife was oblivious to it. Demanding that she quit having contact with the guy makes him seem controlling and insecure. So he resorts to the rash statement, "if you fuck him we're through." And thats where the real rift between the husband and wife comes from. It's not the disagreement over what Dylan's intentions are. It's the husband not trusting his wife.

There's no reason to believe that Dylan's seduction would have been successful. I guess that's one of the problems I have with this story. It's the presumption that the only way a wife won't become wayward is if her husband protects her from the predators. I completely disagree with the majority of commentators who don't think a married female can have a close male friend. If he's someone that she's known and trust I don't have problem with her talking to him about her marriage. She might be wrong about Dylan's friendship but that's a long way from jumping in bed with him.

I wonder if the story would have been better if Dylan's intentions hadn't been made so clear to the reader. What if we were torn between the husbands point of view and the wife's regarding Dylan?

It seems from reading the comments, not just on this story but loving wifes stories in general, that unless a husband is some sort of controlling macho he is automatically a wimp. I'm guessing that a lot of these commentators are divorced and I can't for the life of me imagine why.

The running off to Emma's didn't really work for me. I'm sure it was used to build angst in the reader. She was cold to her husband, she packed her bag, had the Columbo plan backfired, did she run off with Dylan? But I never believed anything was going to happen with Dylan, (don't know why) so the trip just seemed gratuitous and her reason lame.

But her reason DID amount to an apology. I was so ashamed at how wrong I was and how I acted to you that I couldn't face you. But not speaking to your husband for a week was cold and harsh. And no info at all from Emma? That I think the wife did need to apologize for.

When she was doing her Columbo test I did find myself thinking for a moment what if this was part of Dylan's plan? What if he was still a step ahead of the husband and guessed there'd be a test? That the husband and wife were still playing their parts and the result was pushing the wife to Dylan. Maybe that would have been a twist too many.

The ending? Yeah, it was kinda too wild to really work. Dylan having a breakdown? You have to admit though he'd really really put a ton of effort into getting laid. Just how many boring lectures about mums did he have to sit through? Just to get shot down.

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
read it again

and still love that story

great writing

5starrs

ju8streadingju8streadingover 4 years ago
not enough

he was only humiliated by his wife in private.

so how does that satisfy the other husbands need to get even with a prick trying to bed his wife?

texxmantexxmanover 4 years ago
Not satisfied

Dylan needs more punishment. Minerva got away free? She was and is in contempt and disrespect of her husband, and a bitch. The husband is a sap. And why the big deal about the super close relationship between Minerva and Emma which doesn’t matter in the story?

Rhadman66Rhadman66over 4 years ago
Cindycbegood

A married woman can not and

Should not be so close of a

Friend of a man, married or not,

to tell him intimate details of her

married life. It's the same with the

roles reversed. I would be absolutely

livid if I learned my wife was doing

this to us. There is not a straight

male Alive who can be "just" best

friends with a beautiful woman and

not want to have sex with her or at

the very least think about having sex

with her.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951over 4 years ago
Still lost his wife!

Didn't read all the comments, but never saw the true reality. He still lost his wife. Instead of the office lothario, the lothario's wife gets the prize. It won't be long before the wives are lovers.

mattenwmattenwabout 4 years ago
Not good!

You may tell a funny story, but one thing remains clear: she is a cheater and has sexually neglected her husband! Intellectual fraud is also cheating! He's realy a wimp! His first admission to forbidding her to pass on intimate details to her "work husband" was correct! Her rejection was the first breach of trust! Leaving him alone for days after recognizing her misstep was outrageous! So only one decision would have been correct: divorce! But we know the cuckold lover edrider73 !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
2 stars.

I think I would have divorced Minerva anyway. She cheated, even if she didn't have sex.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous