All Comments on 'Friday's Child'

by velvetpie

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ok but short

I thought it was a good story but it was short.

NurtureWarriorNurtureWarriorover 15 years ago
A waste of time

The story is written in first person so I will use the term "you" to address that first person, whether that be the actual you or the fictional character.

<P>

In this story, "You" spend over half of your writing on minutia about what inspired you to become a massage therapist and where you started and how you built your private practice. A practice that is medical in nature (you used the term "patient" and "case") and working (exclusively?) on clients referred to you by an attorney whose (auto accident recovery) treatments would be covered by insurance.

<P>

In the remaining text (less than half of the total) you describe an interview with a prospective employee who, by any measure, sexually assaulted you. And "you", this insurance based, medical massage therapist, are happy to hire this Latin hunk "model" who will rape your every female client??? I don't think so.

<P>

I love all manner of massage, whether the end result is therapeutic or recreational. And I love stories about massage. I love the slow seductive qualities that massage can bring to the "table". I give you credit for spelling and punctuation and grammar, factors that some writers have not mastered. But as for content, your story sucks!

<P>

PS, What does the title and the poem from which the title came, have to do with this story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
based in reality.. no.. Rape?? hardly

Yes the obviously male author failed at convincing you that a professional masseuse would jump into bed with a prospective employee she just met.

Yes in RL she probably would not have whimpered, moaned, spread her legs and gotten all wet. She would have turned around slapped him and sent the guy packing without a job.

But Nuture Warrior obviously wrote in a lot of extra text we aren't seeing to make this story some sort of rape fantasy. The fantasy is a willing horny woman that reacts like a man. not a rape.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Not that great a story

If this story were written by a real practitioner, I would expect their knowledge of human anatomy to be better than the author exhibited.

Plus, I agree with the previous rater about the boss weeding out out "erotic operators", then jumping in with the first male that came along... not very realistic.

mrsreadermrsreaderalmost 6 years ago
very nice

Short, sweet and nicely written

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous