All Comments on '1995-12-18 miniature'

by Senna Jawa

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
foehnfoehnover 19 years ago
short...

but evocative nonetheless.

AngelineAngelineover 19 years ago
Ironic

and a pun. A two-fer.

Maria2394Maria2394over 19 years ago
all I can do is smile

:)

sacksackover 19 years ago
This might have been more interesting.....

If you could relate it to something that happened on December 18th, 1995 in your life. Why is it important that heads (or tales) came up twice in a row? What were you flipping a coin about? Was 12/18/95 important to the poem in some way? If it wasn't, then you don't need it in the title. "Miniature" would suffice, and this reported "event" could have happened irrelevant of the day.

doormousedoormouseover 19 years ago
Fair enough lol

Short and to the point ;-)

Senna JawaSenna Jawaabout 19 years agoAuthor
thank you everybody (all five of you :-)

for the kind words

(indeed, there are more than two interpretations).

This piece has no title, only an identifier

(I already used "* * *" for another poem).

In general, truly short pieces hardly ever

have titles (that would be cheating, wouldn't it? :-)

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

Heads, I win

Tails, you lose?

Sounds like a good deal to me.

duddle146duddle146over 17 years ago
Flipped out.

Flipped coin ~ still can't decide -entering fields of indecision.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
A lucky shock!

The immediacy of the effect on me could be likened only to an electric shock. The experience of the reading has happened and is over before you realized it and its impact lasts much longer. Wait a minute…what does it mean no change? Then you are sent to re read for the second third and fourth time. Is it an event? What was it that the flipper desired to determine by a coin flipping? Was a pre flipping contract involved, then tried and the results proved that the effort was futile? Did the recognition of the futility come immediately after or with the flipping of the coin to reflect a conclusion on the nature of this kind of ‘problem solving’ or maybe it aims is at certain type of internal tensions, when we tend to bargain with ourselves in ways akin to flipping a coin but achieve nothing.

Talk about condensed lines…

LeBrozLeBrozover 17 years ago
~~

This poem was mentioned in the Archival Review thread, in a picking through Lit's archive of over 34,000 poems.

----------

twelveoonetwelveooneover 11 years ago
5ed

at least a dozen reasons

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSenna Jawa@Senna Jawa
7 Followers
My name is Włodzimierz Holsztyński