All Comments on 'The Ring'

by gldngolfer

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Not realistic.

If the events at the bar happened about 32 years ago, there were no stun guns.

gmann57gmann57about 6 years ago

anonymous is a moron, You said it was just a story, a very good story at that. apparently a moron doesnt read everything, but we cant kill morons we just have to put up with their lame comments and be happy we are not them. Looking forward to more of your writings. not looking forward to more moronic comments

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
sure there was.

that guy said there were no stun guns back then hes wrong.

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
GRANDMAs ARE ALWAYS RIGHT

the give love, protection and good advice, TK U MLJ LV NV

arobkarobkabout 6 years ago
stun guns

Nova Technologies in 1983 for the Nova XR-5000, their first non-projectile hand-held style stun gun.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Good story.

Plain and simple.

Too many of us fall for the wrappings,

when what's inside matters most.

Thanks gldngolfer for yet again

a wonderful story.

Top ratings from me.

Impo_64Impo_64about 6 years ago
Well come back...

Well come back...and writing for it a stun flash story...4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Okay

But it still needs work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Gotta love flash stories but

I'm looking for that chain story that's been rumored to be headed out way. I check for it every day. This story is great and gets 5*s from me.

aMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Well Done!

I personally can't stand that cuckold shit.

Well done on this One!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Decent story, look forward to more.

CoffeemuggCoffeemuggabout 6 years ago
Last two paragraphs

Can't you just end the story without adding something that happened many years later? Finding a new woman is not relevant to the plot.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 6 years ago
Zzzzzz

Good guy wins. Bad guy(s) lose. Happy ending.

How, exactly, were the bad guys convicted of felony assault? Were there witnesses? Incriminating evidence? Bah! It doesn’t matter. That’s all irrelevant to the point of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
"Finding a new woman is not relevant to the plot"

WRONG! It is essential to any decent closet cucker. 5 YUUGE starrs!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DetroitCuckCity nailed it

nice little closet cucker

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

@Coffeemugg Re: "Last two paragraphs" - Authors can't win with you guys! If he DIDN'T add that, comments about "where's the ending" would sprout like weeds.

Assault? - He was obviously assaulted. He identified his attackers. Yes, COULD be "he said/he said," but between Reggie's motive, and I'll bet they didn't bother wearing gloves, so probably had bruises on their hands, PLUS assholes like that probably bragged about how they beat him up!

ValintValintabout 6 years ago
Fails to show why the MC is different from all the previous victims

So, these guys are serial seducers, with some number of previous cucks who've just gone along with it, some who just up and disappeared, and some who refused to knuckle under and named these guys in the divorce.

But, somehow, *this* guy not knuckling under was different somehow, that led to him being beaten up? Or, they beat up all the other guys who didn't knuckle under, but he's different somehow, in that he's the only one who ever went to the cops? Or, the previous assaulted cucks also went to the cops, but he's different somehow in that he mysteriously managed to prove his case?

The problem with doing a "I'm just the latest in a long line of victims, but I'm special and unique in that I managed to get justice for all of us" plot is that you actually have to show *why* this situation is special and unique. Why did they beat him up if they didn't routinely do that? Or if they routinely did beat up people and managed to claim self defense in all the other cases, why was this time different?

GrimmerGrimmerabout 6 years ago
5

A nice little tale quietly wrapped in a good close.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice try!

I should have guessed that this had the often formulaic plot often found in this category given its high score considering its shortness. Bad guy, bad wife, wronged husband, physical revenge, and found good woman. But of more importance, the misuse of “were” for “was”, just as stories continue to use “your” for “your’re”, “there” for “their”, and “women” for “woman”. Please get a proof reader.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nicely Done

It's great to read a story on here that is not so overwrought with unnecessary detail and melodrama.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 6 years ago
Good story

As you said, "It's just a story." It's also a very good story--one that does not rely on detailed sex to get your point across. Maybe you could have done a better job of proofing, but to be truthful I didn't notice problems until another pointed them out.

A full score from me and thank you or your effort to provide us with FREE reading material. Those critical folks should try writing and posting a story--it might give them a new perspective.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 6 years ago
Despite everything Valint could find not to his liking....

I liked the short story. Thanks for the story. 4*

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Fun Tale

It was nice to see someone coming out on top .... of the world.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Come on man

You LW readers can get totally undone over a writer talking about a stun gun being used in 1983. God help an author who clicks the safety off his Glock, or files an alienation of affection lawsuit. We nitpick court scenes , police work, or anything else we feel expertise in. But we seem to accept without question that every white husband is a wimpy, tiny dicked wimp or want to be cucold. Preying on poor hubby is the predatory black with a 12 inch cock as big as a beer can, who can take the any white wife he covets. All white wives are, of course, total sluts with 38DDs, big asses and will leave a husband and kids after one taste of that dark beer can. Husband must accept this and move on. Wailing, gnashing of teeth, and anonymous screams rise up, if husband grows a pair and exacts revenge against the cheaters. This isn't proper behavior in the LW world, especially if violence, financial ruin,or humiliation is involved. This is a fantasy world, but every detail must be perfect, or the author is called out for it. So authors, get it right the first time. Tits gotta be big, black cock, or any bull's cock, has to be bigger, and all women have to be sluts to be relevant. What a wonderful world we have here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Really good work

First, I hope your wife is better. My wife has survived several cancers (breast cancer three times) and our wives' care is our most important job and can be very draining.

I had not read your previous stories before this one, and then I had to read them all.

I read Protocol last, and left a comment that the grammar was terrible (as did others) but you have improved so much that your deserve as special award for thanking your commentors for their feedback and then acting on the constructive criticism.

I look forward to reading more of your work.

Best regards,

Wally in Michigan

fisheronefisheronealmost 6 years ago
Loss felt later

It is nice to read the man whore and the cheating wife reap the negative harvest

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
BE CAREFUL OF HOW YOU PISS PEOPLE OFF

size not withstanding a reckoning will ensue, TK U MLJ LV NV

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Well done and original

Thanks. Puro Cinco Estrellas

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyed it

Simple and straightforward. No team of rangers or black belts required to get revenge.

Just a stun gun, that has its origins back to about 1970. Although I think it was projectile only and needed new cartridge to be used again...dont quote me, just from memory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Very dramatic, and really liked the focus of the plot, but . . .

it doesn't work. You can't hit someone with a stun gun for running at you or approaching you aggressively. With Reggie's daddy's money it would be easy to demonstrate that despite the charges against the three men, which had yet to be proven in court, Reggie was simply trying to protect Sylvia from her husband's loud aggressive behavior, to which there were witnesses. While I appreciate the attempt at drama and payback, this was not well portrayed. Especially since the husband has money, lots of money.

Instead, the husband divorces Sylvia, has the divorce judge immediately require Sylvia to surrender the ring, and the husband pursues his criminal and civil suit against Reggie and friends unabated. Reggie and friends of course try to make good on their promise to kill the husband, and all three are found shot to death, in self defense, with the husband being the only witness. The civil suit proceeds against Reggie and the two assholes estates for whatever they are worth.

Nothing more should happen to Sylvia, since apparently she was essentially the same person he stupidly and impetuously married, a delayed action whore bomb. She got what she deserved, and so did her ex husband. He obviously ended up better off, and Sylvia will live and die as a whore, a very regretful one.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago

Well, I have to disagree with whole thing if she wasn't obligated to give the ring back until being served. Then, ask for the ring. And what the sheriff said was weak, it should have played on emotions and pride rather than intellect. "You can hand the ring of your own will, or you will be compelled to after I serve the divorce papers in my hands." And finally, it's just for show, but it's a little unbelievable based on how he was raised to go for someone he admits he should have never married. Maybe jumping through all grandma's hoops left him a bit drained to be patient enough.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumalmost 6 years ago
Responding to stupid comment by Anonymous 04/30/18

Go back and READ the story, blockhead. He was simply STANDING IN PLACE DEMANDING THAT SHE RETURN HIS GRANDMOTHER'S RING. That DID NOT require the big fucking ape to charge a guy who'd just limped across the room to their table. You fuckheaded Liberals always look for a way to make the guy who's in the right look wrong.... no matter HOW many facts you have to ignore.

This story must be on 'the other site' because I remember reading it several months ago.

The story leaves me feeling like it could use more detail but I still gave it five stars.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 6 years ago
Nice

What bothered him the most was the disrespect the cunt gave to the grandmother's ring. This is a man who was raised right. Excellent tale of consequences.

Five Stars

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Good stuff

He was made of the right stuff. Great story, 5*

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
That was a guilty pleasure!

I mean, for me! I enjoyed that way too much. Well done and thanks for writing it.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Reading again

Even better a year later. Great flash BTB.

TorgauTorgauover 3 years ago

Great story about the good guy winning.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

I read it again. Every time I come across this story is like running into an old friend. I like this guy. There is no gray, just black and white. Great story!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

The level of stupidity in the wife is amazing. She believes he jumps three guys because they're trying to reason with him. Right.

Ocker53Ocker53over 2 years ago

Excellent⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Excellent

Why are women stupid, fucking cheating cunts? Not all, mind you, but why? I'll never figure it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An excellent love story. To bad that is wasn't about Sylvia and her husband. The husband's grandmother taught his how to honor his love while being a strong man. Wonder how Sylvia faired after Reginald left her when he ran back to his hidey hole across the ocean.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story every time I read it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Someday, I want to have a beer with this guy. I want to BUY a beer for this guy. I like him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He's not unlike a lot of young men, that'r too easily swayed bu a pretty face. Family courts abound with the likes of them and their mistakes. LP

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
This should have been titled “Every Fucking Cliché“.

I should add, “and Caricature”. That all of the LW trolls love it should be the first indication. If you really think you did a good job writing this, you are hopeless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yo Cuz boil that ring! Geez it probably smells like a month-old fish carcass that was set out in the heat of the day!

I mean us guys all know what slut pussy smells like, am I right?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. The only improvement is if he refused to be bought off even though he didn’t have any money.

ZK

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent. Nough said.

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

Great story.

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

Only stupid Americans have numbers after their name, so there was never a UK national Reginald Wallace ll Why do you have so much hatred for us? Did you really have to spoil what could have been a good story, by bringing it out in the open. You sound like your wonderful, charismatic, energetic President, who also hates us. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Way to go Helen1899, just remember the US is the place where kids get guns to shoot up schools and where the entire constitution is based on a myth created to suppress and control simple people (the bible).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous