All Comments on 'God Laughs Ch. 05'

by napalminthemorning

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I couldn't wait for this one.

Great story, and funny as hell. This is fun! Keep rolling.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 6 years ago
Sometimes the whole is not the sum of the parts.

I enjoy reading the individual work of these writers. Conversely, regarding this group effort of theirs; all I can say is that I hope they enjoyed themselves.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Strange

Seemed to be both coming together and going off the rails at the same time!

Loved the "Cat o'nein"!

foolscapfoolscapalmost 6 years ago
Patience is the key to paradise.

~ Old Albanian Proverb

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
"Train kept a-rollin."

I am very thankful to know the prices of all these amazing items, and the precise names. Amazon tries to conceal, and knowing makes ordering much easier. I am expecting delivery of my delightful new "Thor's Fist," at any moment! I am a huge "Thor" fan. Chris Hemsworth is HOT, and I already have the fantasy in mind.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonalmost 6 years ago
I love Albanian proverbs!

HDK often shares what his grandmother told him when he was a little boy. My favorite is, "Mali me mal nuk piqen, njeriu me njeriun piqen." Translated, it means, "The problem with the gene pool is there's no lifeguard."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Albanians?

I met an Armenian girl who was, is, a friend of one of my daughters; petite little girl, long curly black hair, eyes so black they hypnotize. She's just lovely; all perky and saucy. She'll be my next heroine. I showed her this story and she was furious! She wanted to know what was going to happen to poor Poncho and Lefty.

"The desert's quiet, Cleveland's cold, so the story ends we're told. Poncho needs your prayers it's true, but save a few for Lefty too. He only did what he had to do, and now he's growing old." (They played it on the radio...)

You guys are going to be sorry when Poncho's gone and you didn't give him one measly tip of the hat. That's thoughtless indifference to a national institution.

The story's still pretty good in a silly sort of way, but shouldn't the sun be up by now? There's going to be a lot of commuter traffic, and I bet a lot of people are double parked. Can't remember the name of the island in the Arctic where they think the last Mammoths lived. Save that damn pachyderm; I heard some nefarious Zambians were out to get his tusks.

These things should all be getting fives; for balls if nothing else. (Elephants have big balls)

Oh, oh I just felt a rush of blood to the head! The damn Prednisone is kicking in. By for now...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Pancho and Lefty

I LOVE that song! I'll have to look for it on YouTube now.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
I have been asked many questions about this story, but

"Who is John Galt?" is the easiest one yet. It's his party! He owns Graham Enterprises. Does that help bring the story together?

foolscapfoolscapalmost 6 years ago
Are you saying that John Galt is just another cracker?

Seems 'bout right to me

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
This is like a roller coaster traversing the weirder portions of

Donatello's Inferno.

I'm eager for the next installment. But it can't get any weirder? Well, I'm not putting any money on that!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
Please do not confuse Armenians with Albanians!

The Kardashians are Armenian. Mother Teresa was Albanian. Do you see the difference? Not all albinos are Albanian and not all Albanians are albinos. Armenia is next to Turkey while Albania is adjacent to, and north of Greece. This story is intended to not only entertain, but to educate! Try learning something from one of Ohio's stories! Lots of luck there! The guy has always been a little sideways, if you get my drift.

carvohicarvohialmost 6 years ago
Albania-Armenia...

Albania is a backward crude little country on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea. I believe for most of it's post World War Two history it was administered by a tin pot despot named Enver Hoxha. In ancient times it was the home of ruthless pirates who once captured Julius Caesar. Caesar vowed one day he would capture those pirates and put them to death, something he most certainly did. During medieval times Albania was a critical resource for young men who were taken to serve as Jannisaries in the armies of the Ottoman Empire. These young men earned a particularly despicable reputation for their cruelties toward the Greeks and other Christian people of the Balkans. For a short period they fell under the control of the fascist dictator Mussolini.

Armenia meanwhile is one of the oldest and most storied eastern Mediterranean cultures. For centuries it survived by acting as a buffer between the Roman and the Parthian Empires. Armenia, I believe, is referenced in the Bible, not so Albania. It also sat astride the all important trade routes that connected ancient Afghanistan (Bactria and Sogdiana) with the eastern Mediterranean, the supply route that carried that vital metal tin, the metal needed to be used with copper to produce bronze. In fact most reliable historians agree it was the disruption of that trade that significantly contributed to the collapse of the Bronze Age World in the Eastern Mediterranean roughly during the Twelfth and Eleventh Centuries B.C.E. During the early Twentieth Century the Turks engineered a ruthless genocidal program against these Christian people killing millions.

Armenia has a storied past, Albania not so much.

Yes, I too like to take these opportunities to further educate my colleagues.

Jedd Clampett

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
Jedd, we do love the comments!

Thanks for the enlightenment! This story is all about knowledge and facts, as the reader can easily tell! May the Armenia/Albania debate be settled now and forevermore.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
Jedd, perhaps you could briefly explain

the difference between an albino and a piebald? So many readers and writers are confused about the similarities and differences. You are the go-to guy on Lit! Thanks.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 6 years ago
THE ARMENIAN GENOCIDE (1915-16)

"Sometimes called the first genocide of the twentieth century, the Armenian genocide refers to the physical annihilation of Armenian Christian people living in the Ottoman Empire from spring 1915 through autumn 1916. There were approximately 1.5 million Armenians living in the multiethnic Ottoman Empire in 1915. At least 664,000 and possibly as many as 1.2 million died during the genocide, either in massacres and individual killings, or from systematic ill treatment, exposure, and starvation...

"Ottoman authorities, supported by auxiliary troops and at times by civilians, perpetrated most of the persecution and mass killing. The Ottoman government, controlled by the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP; also called the Young Turks), aimed to solidify Muslim Turkish dominance in the regions of central and eastern Anatolia by eliminating the sizeable Armenian presence there."

(https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10008187)

I, for one, never cared much for Ottomans, having tripped over several in the living rooms and dens of both friends and family.

PapaMikePapaMikeover 5 years ago
I had

a 59 Chevy that had a Powerglide transmission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Carvohi how I wish your ancestors were from Armenia! Then we wouldn't have to read rapid raacs of a spineless and profoundly ignorant cuck. I hope you and DanielQsteele die soon. RIP in advance

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

On with the party I guess...................

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

juliette, where for art thou Romeo.....................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This makes any party I have been to look very mild .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous