All Comments on 'God Laughs Ch. 08'

by napalminthemorning

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
That was an incredible journy

It ends in the mind of the man, the myth, the legend. Just Plain Bob. What an imagination this took. Eight imaginations, I guess. Thank you, gentlemen and ladies. I will read this again, from start to finish, then I'll read it again any time I want to laugh and see this mind blowing trip again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I'm sure a dozen jokes went right over my head.

The dozens that didn't kept me in stitches. I guess someone like Blackrandi or HDK probably got them all because they know everything. This was a great story, and every chapter should be a five. This was a great conclusion to a hell of a romp.

kimi1990kimi1990almost 6 years ago
Okay, I read it all.

You're a zany bunch, but you can all write like no other group I can imagine. Do I get to guess? I swear to God I have no inside information.

Here's my guess:

Chapter 1: My awful sibling. He's mad enough to have this nightmare

Chapter 2. Oshaw. After getting to know his humorous side with Gretchen, could be.

Chapter 3. Qhml1. Best guess. I really have no idea.

Chapter 4. Sir Knight. Doesn't mind laughing at himself.

Chapter 5. The Teutonic fellow. Just a few things makes me think so.

Chapter 6. The Dark Princess. Um, I know this girl.

Chapter 7. The Moon Goddess. A woman's touch, and the other one was taken.

Chapter 8. That guy I hate, who has managed to redeem himself, lately. Good writing, with a certain flavor.

How did I do? When will we know? You're all nuts, you know that, right?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Unreadable

A series of inside jokes, writtenfor each other, like some silly middle school clique.

napalminthemorningnapalminthemorningalmost 6 years agoAuthor
This is the last chapter in the tale

We thank those who stuck with it and finished with us. To answer Kimi's question. We will assign names to the various chapters in one week, then everyone will know who wrote each chapter. We hope you play our little game, and one, or more, of us will dedicate a story to you, if you guess correctly, or to the closest guess, if no one is correct. Thanks again for reading, NITM

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
I want to thank all the authors and readers.

It was a fun writing exercise, I thought the story was very good, and that there are no others like it. I enjoyed reading it as much, or more, than I did writing my chapter. Sorry, anonymous, that you found it "unreadable." Some, seemed to have no similar difficulty. You were probably left out of the middle school cliques and that arrested your development. That wording seems, somehow, familiar. Are you certain you're not some well known failure at clique forming, masquerading as an Annie? And those tags! Dash fetish! The End! I must tell you that those were the product of the fertile imagination of Girlinthemoon. They made me laugh on every chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Who's (Oshaw) on first!

What's (Jezzaz) on second and I Don't Know (GitM) is on third! That part was easy. Then there is Why (Y=Q), then Tomorrow and Today, (Randi and Todd), as the battery and I Don't Give a Darn (HDK) wrapped it all up! Great story and 5*s from me! What do I win? How about a night in the pool house with Randi and GitM? I'll bring the saddle and crop.

aMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

As usual, aMerryman has problems with numbers above 3. Guessing 7 authors for 8 stories probably won’t cut it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The real AMerryman, here

That other guy is the fake AMerryman who keeps hacking into my anonymous account. You can tell because he doesn't know the A on my name is always capitalized and everyone knows that Girlinthemoon is abbreviated GITM. I know Randi wrote the chapter with the big dog. She always has a big dog in her stories. Great story. 3*s

AMerryman

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
aMerryman labors under many mistaken assumptions,

but the squirrely dude can count. Try to short him a few farthings, or a single shilling and watch him jump all over your shit! Like so many, aMerryman labors under the impression that Stev2244DD would never hang with the rest of us clowns, jokers and dummkopfs. Many readers hold to the belief that Randi and GitM34DD co-wrote chapter two, winning that honor by defeating Q and Jezzaz in tag team Jello wrestling, with Q on the receiving end of a full Wesson delivered by GitM34DD.. The truth is out there. The Abbot of Nottingham, Father Costello, happens to be Friar Tuck's immediately superior. He promised aMerryman his guess would be good enough to gain a night of debauchery with the two saucy wenches, sans the Jello, but with lots of KY! It seems the odd little guy will soon have a reason to be merry!.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 6 years ago
"The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real . No sympathy for the Devil , keep that in mind . Buy the ticket , take the ride . "

Well , what a ride ! Almost stream of conscience to the 7th power ! With a side order of Quantum physics .

Now I'm trying to place JPB in my minds eye . Is he George Burns from Oh God , or is he Morgan Freeman from Bruce Almighty ???

J is British ? I thought that was H ??? ( plus no used condoms ? , Come on ! )

I'd play that group , but the game would be Uno , and I'd be skipping and reversing like a Damned Fool ! Have everyone pissed .

That was a fun ride , but I'm glad I remembered my Dramamine first !

5 *'s

P.S. I hope everyone has recovered from the pickax handle wounds .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

1. HDK

2. Jezzaz

3. Todd172

4. Qhml1

5. Stev2233

6. JPB

7. Girlinthemoon

8. blackrandl1958

Since JPB made a appearance during the curtain call and no mention of Oshaw I'm guessing JPB wrote chapter 6.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
As GDK (GrandmaDaysKnight) used to say:

"“Asnjëri nuk mund ti shërbejë dy zotërinj.” Loosely translated, it means "Girls with a good sense of humor and nice tits are as rare as hens' teeth!" We struck gold with these lady writers! This story was meant to make readers laugh and give them an insight into the warped minds of those that wrote it. It was not meant to cause SJ anguish as he was somehow forced to read each chapter even as he hated it. We thank the real aMerryman, and all of the denizens of Sherwood Forest for their help and amazing wit and good humor. We especially thank those of you that took the time to read our little tale and to comment. We do appreciate it greatly.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Loved It!

Will have to go back and refine my guesses.

But R talking in dashes? Ain't gonna happen. Believe me, I know!

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
This is coming along very rapidly

Heading toward an amazing conclusion.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonalmost 6 years ago
Thanks

to those who read and commented. We had a lot of fun, and we hope you did, too.

foolscapfoolscapalmost 6 years ago
started off really strong....

and it became more of an insider exercise. Writing was very strong and I was grateful for the opportunity to read it. Thanks guys!

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
Guess who?

Is it to late to Guess?

1 Jez

2 Oshaw

3 GITM

4 Stev

5 Q1

6 Blackrandy

7 Tod

8 HDK

I know I'm way off on these. But you are all on my favorites list so it's a Win,Win for me. Thank you for allowing me to play and comment. I am a big fan and in awe of you all. How I wish I could write. Lots of ideas and no talent. Thank you all.

Look forward to the Nautical invite .... coming soon to the LW category near you?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
My Choices

1. Todd172

2. oshaw

3. qhml1

4. Harddaysknight

5. stev2244

6. blackrandl1958

7. GirlintheMoon

8. jezzaz

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 6 years ago
Randi is very jealous.

Wants an acronym! Why don't I have an acronym? We have Q, HdoubleDK, GITM, NITM, JPB and even GDN! What, do I have to make up a long ass name to get an acronym? Randiblackwrestlesinjello, or something? Some of us are feeling the discrimination!

InsigniaInsigniaalmost 6 years ago
I wiil read it again tomorrow

But really have no clue whatsoever who wrote which. I laughed a lot however and enjoyed the excercise immensly. Thank you all.

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
@Blackrandi1958

Ok how about Blackr, Br1958, just Br, or B

I like all four . However Br could be just a little to gelid for a hot jello wrestler like you

😚 , and Br1958 puts you in the mature jello wrestling hotwife category (I like that thought). Then there's Blackr that makes you sound just wickedly fun.

But B, now that is perfect for someone like you,. You know someone who's always busy as a......doin all you do on LE in the LW category.

So tell me what you think?

I do so want to hear your thoughts on this.

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
@Sbrooks

Your using insider information , insider trading is illegal in all 50 states and a federal crime. Heck, you probably edited every chapter. I'm calling my friend at the Australian embassy to have a drink and talk about collusion at LE. You'll never get away with this, the FBI, CIA, NSA, ATFE, HS, the Albino Albainians, and Robins aMerrymen, will be after you. We have a Steel dossier supported by Albainian intelligence.

Your list should be disqualified as such . The evidence is overwhelming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Arg! and Arg Again!

(I had to detox so I couldn't leave a comment yesterday.)

Criminy! Jeepers! That German fellow! Damascus! What a great tale. I could see my wife doing that, anything for the family and kids!

Genesis! Genesis? What horse shit is that? I saw Ry Cooder all the way. "The victory goes to the strongest, and only the strong shall survive. Survival is living the longest, but nobody gets out alive!"

I thought it was over, no chance... and then "she" came. There she was, Pauline French. There she was just walking down the street singing duhh wha ditty ditty dom ditty do... Yep! Bob showed up... just like the cavalry, the settlers are saved!

Now let's save the nation! OK, got it. 2017 was the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation. What did the "Church" do? Well a guy out in France named Ignatius Loyola created a "society", the "Society of Jesus", a group of men totally committed, above reproach, guys smarter, braver, and more dedicated than well even Elliot Ness. These Jesuits became "God's Shock Troops"! Wherever they went they beat back the pernicious inroads of Protestantism, dare I say right wing populism? (Now there's a phony euphemism.) Well here we are. We've got the CIA, the FBI, the NSA; in short our secular version of the "Society", men and women totally dedicated to "Truth, Justice, and the American way".

So Ness and his "Untouchables" got their "Scar Face". Now let's watch our "Jesuits" get old "Maggot Face".

Now we've still got to figure out who wrote what. Pardon me while I first go and clean out the Stygian Stables. I might be a while...

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
Glad you liked it, Jedd.

Don't forget your meds!

Nik3vNik3valmost 6 years ago
The whole circus thing——-can you hear dashes?

I actually expected more from this great group. It was an interesting read although a tad whimsical for my liking.

Really hoped monster or spooky could have popped in, but someone else taking monster out could be dangerous. Bubbles was cute though.

First time to comment on any story.

I have really enjoyed the invitationals and lean more toward writing and stories that draw you in. I’m not a stroke fest fan.

Anyway here’s my thought after reading

1. Jezzaz

2. Todd

3. Qhml1

4. Harddaysknight

5. Oshaw

6. Blackrand

7. Girlinthemoon

8. Stev2244

Here’s hoping some are right

I feel like I know some of you

Thanks for what you do.

carvohicarvohialmost 6 years ago
Ach tung!

Mein Fuhrer! I'm well!!!

"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."

Me and Slim! "Yahoo! Yahoo!"

Now matching those pages with the authors. "It's like finding a needle in a stack of needles. He better go home and invent the longer lasting light bulb or something."

Well Stev... "We'll always have Damascus."

Randy... "Here's looking at you kid."

"I'll be back."

Jedd Clampett

carvohicarvohialmost 6 years ago
OK, Here goes...

I'm going to bite on this, don't know why, just am. I think I got one right, but I won't say which one.

I could complain and explain this is an exercise in futility, but I won't. Yet if I did I would say its because we have eight submissions of roughly 800 words each, and all about the same topic. In short it's just too closely interwoven to be able to dissect.

In the future I think a terrific chain story might be say eight people are in a tavern and they each might start telling a separate infidelity story that covers maybe 800-1,000 words; that's eight separate and independent stories with the same theme. I think then I'd get maybe four or five right.

To be sure this has been fun. I enjoyed the nonsense. Now let's see...

1. Jezzaz (unless its Steve2244)

2. Todd (but it could just as easily be Q

3. Q? (Naw Oshaw)

4. HDK... maybe... but then... no.

5. Oshaw... unless it's Jezzaz, but then it might be B&R?

6. B&R I think probably, maybe I guess, but I'm not sure...

7. GITM Gee I hope this one's right.

8. Stev2244, but I can't say for sure because I haven't read enough of his stuff yet.

Now if I got one right I'll feel good.

And now let us move toward B&R's July offer. Let's see something with water in it... ah, the office water cooler, no a river, no a muddy splashing from a car in the street...

There see, I'll never get that one either.

See you all soon!

Jedd Clampett

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
So who done what?

Hey not to complain, but I guess I am: you promised to list the authors of each chapter and any winners last week.

Please sir, may we have some more?

@Blackrandi, have you decided on a contraction yet? You know we love you right,

But want to be respectful.

napalminthemorningnapalminthemorningalmost 6 years agoAuthor
We did promise to reveal who wrote what.

So, here we go:

Chapter one was written by Todd172

Chapter two was written by Harddaysknight

Chapter three was written by Qhml1

Chapter four was written by Oshaw

Chapter five was written by Stev2244

Chapter six was written by blackrandl1958

Chapter seven was written by Girlinthemoon

Chapter eight was written by Jezzaz

Thank you all for reading and for trying your hand at our little game. We had fun, and we hope you did, as well. No one got it exactly right, but some were close. We will dedicate a story to everyone who guessed, the closest getting special mention. Likely, the next story you will see from many of us will be July 4, so, unless we decide to do something before then, thanks again, and we will see you around the site. NITM.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 6 years ago
Todd started this fiasco. Personally,

I found his start to be extremely clever and funny as hell. The rest just fell into place. All writers did a great job and Jezzaz was amazing in bringing it all to a conclusion. These guys are good and it's an honor to post something with them.

FirstwithUFirstwithUalmost 6 years ago
Oh well

I only got Blackrandi right. Doesn't matter though loved the story. Really enjoyed the pop culture reference and what inside jokes I could understand. This was funny on several levels. It had something for everyone from slap stick to cerebral.

Thanks again to all of you.

stev2244stev2244almost 6 years ago

Right. We blame Todd for causing this madness by surprising us with a quite "colorful" and irresistible starting scene. Everybody was in on it like stink, even though most of us had never done anything even remotely as insane. I'd be surprised if we'd get the Nobel Prize in Literature, but it sure was great fun. I had a comfortable position at #5 and always pitied the poor guy/girl having to write the final chapter. Jezzaz foolhardily even asked for that position and came up with a brilliant conclusion. Thanks to all, it was a great experience.

carvohicarvohialmost 6 years ago
"Don't Bogart that joint my friend...

pass it over...

Man like I got it! Well not all of them, but I knew I had two. I went back and reread some of Girl in the Moon, "one of my favorite writers", and I just knew I had her! I was pretty sure about B&R too. I'd gone back and read part of Q's "B&B" so I felt good about "Q". The rest was just me guessing. The problem with HDK is he's got so much and he's all over the place so he's hard to track. Stev2244 is too new for me to do any thing else but guess. To be honest, I thought I'd gotten Jezzaz. Oh well, maybe next time...

I feel real good. I knew I had the two ladies.

All in all I had a good time. Anyone who didn't is just an asshole.

Jedd Clampett

mrsreadermrsreaderalmost 6 years ago
great fun

I am new to this website, so I was too late to join in the fun. However, I had great fun reading the story. 2 hours well spent.

It sounds like the writers had a lot of fun as well.

Thanks for the amusing tale.

I hope to be with you next time

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wrong Tool Good Story

It;s very easy to take the head off of a pickaxe. Just bang the butt on the ground one or two times, & it slides right off. An axe on the other hand takes a good bit of work, & tools to remove the head.

Yehudi

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice.

I don't write here, but I do write, and I like the conclusion. Reminds me of Terry Pratchett, and Neil Gaiman.

Overall it was a good time. Well done.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
This was some funny shit!

Well written and funny as hell. I suggest everyone take the time to read this chain story. It is the work of evil genius.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm sorry I read it

Turned into an exercise in mutual mental masturbation, even though I love all the authors. Individually...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm not sorry I read it.

What a shlock from beginning to end. Loved the continual twists and turns followed by a few speed bumps. Never sure which way to turn. Thanks for the laughs.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

weird a convention of writers controlling reality? Why not? The story started crazy and is ending crazy???

Funny, crazy and no real ending? Why not? There was nothing real in the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I have Never given Todd just one Star . Guess what he gets it here . It started out good and ended badly

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

This last chapter was ... odd. But as good a way to explain things as any. I did get a thought about the authors at the card game thought, made me think of the old 'Castle' TV series. I quit watching it after a few seasons, but I enjoyed the short scenes they had of Castle and some 'real' authors having a poker game, and exchanging comments and witticisms.

.

Anyway about this story, I enjoyed all the chapters. This last chapter wrapped things up, and that couldn't have been an easy thing to do. But while a good way to bring the story to a conclusion, was the least entertaining of all chapters. I would have vote five thumbs up, as I did on the other chapters, but it didn't allow voting.

.

I do wonder though, what happened in that room to the SPCA lady? And were the horse and mastiff in there all night with Amber? In my mind our protagonist went into the room with the axe handle whaled on the guys, not because he hated them, but because, well, his wife ... a guy's got to do what a guy's gotta do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dildo...Ray...Egon!! Always wanted to say that...5 stars.. understood very little, though I laughed a lot, but then again, I was married 25 years and that described most of them.

Anon56

IJS0904IJS0904over 1 year ago

What can I possibly say? Was this an awesome collaboration? Hell yes! Was it entertaining and funny? Ditto. Did I give it five stars? Well duh! Great fun and I''m sure you all had a lot of fun writing it. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have already messaged the authors but, can you please write a chapter on what happened with Amber in the Pool House. Would really appreciate that

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Funny. Thanks. Liked the stangstar reference.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous