All Comments on 'The Color of Absence'

by The Mutt

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Syndra LynnSyndra Lynnabout 19 years ago
The best

of all the poems posted today. Possibly the best of the year. Damn fine words linked into perfected phrases.

foehnfoehnabout 19 years ago
small dose of praise

Hmmm... a dactylic tetrameter blank verse sonnet. If that weren't enough to impress the crap out of me, it's a damned fine poem... original and emotional language, all the good stuff is here, man... hard emotion, and I felt it. I couldn't find the thermometer setting for 350...

doormousedoormouseabout 19 years ago
It doesn't matter what you write about

you rock mutt.

;-)

My Erotic TaleMy Erotic Taleabout 19 years ago
mention

your poem was mentioned on the thread

'NEW POEMS REVIEWS'

Thanks for the Journey~

ReltneReltneabout 19 years ago
Well Done!

This was one of my top three choices.

Thank you for sharing.

duckiesmutduckiesmutabout 19 years ago
*

<warning, warning> gushing below...

*

*

*

Your use of language here, the evocative power of each word...the way you draw each picture with your descriptive language in the reader's mind...the imagery...the everything. I'm jealous.

This is just amazing.

Sir_NathanSir_Nathanabout 19 years ago
Wonderful

ugh - hate being a downer but isn't it heavy on the apostrophes? I must be missing something... oh to be a poet... lol

excellent

The MuttThe Muttabout 19 years agoAuthor
The crux of the biscuit...

... is the apostophe.

Read the poem aloud and you'll understand why so many apostrophes.

twelveoonetwelveooneabout 19 years ago
*

Mutt,

This is fantastic, I cannot say enough good about this, yes the thermometer does not go high enough.

I am surprised how tightly this is woven, how subtly it sneaks up on you for its devasting impact.

I missed it at first, scanning it, seeing what I thought was an overreliance on stock images, "bone white", "gray of smoke", etc. My mistake. The way they are put together - masterfully.

IMHO one of the best I've ever read here.

I am in awe.

ishtatishtatabout 19 years ago
Loudly Proclaim.

This poem grows in the mind with reading several times.The reading out loud advice also works and not just for the apostrophes.

bluerainsbluerainsabout 19 years ago
almost

missed this one..but , truly is a beauty...layered with mind facets of experience...wonderful work...bluerain

sacksackabout 19 years ago
The best poem of yours I have read....

I don't think you need the apostrophe in colors, the imagery of the poem is so amazing it almost doesn't matter about the apostrophes anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
LAME

I dont care how many peopel fawn over your tripe, it is pretentious and boring.

flyguy69flyguy69about 19 years ago
Very nice, Mutt!

The emotional thread is strong and cohesive, and wonderful imagery.

i think some of the language could be reworked (e.g. "snow palls the earth in a shroud of white linen") to make it even stronger. An excellent poem!

Syndra LynnSyndra Lynnabout 19 years ago
I thought

I commented on this, but it seems to have vanished.

This is the best poem of the year. I love it more each time I read it. Pristine quality. Unbelievable imagery. I have poet's envy-thanks a lot!

foehnfoehnabout 19 years ago
Re: "Lame"

It's curious to me to consider how much public funding was wasted on getting the anonymous commenter to the point he could read... or, then again, maybe he had to have it read to him... yes, that's the problem, his nanny gave it a poor reading...

average ginaaverage ginaabout 19 years ago
Like eating stew....

I read this and it felt like having a huge bowl of stew. The poem went down easily and unpretentiously with each reading more warming and more satisfying, pushing away any mental disrtactions and filling me up with the perceptions of this poem. I've yet to be not only a solid form poet or a good analyst of poetry. I just know what I like.

I liked this.

trendyredheadtrendyredheadabout 19 years ago
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Mutt, this poem reads just beautifully. You have definitely managed to capture winter in a bottle for all to marvel at. Great phrasing, great meter - just great!

impressiveimpressiveabout 19 years ago
Sublimely painted ...

... with the colors of the mind. Extraordinary! Thank you. ~Imp

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous