All Comments on 'The Curious High Elf Ch. 01: Shamed'

by Veles_Svarog_Rod

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Talented

Very well written and enjoyable beginning - I look forward to reading the subsequent chapters.

_CharlieBoy__CharlieBoy_almost 6 years ago
Wonderful theme, wonderful writer and really great start!

I really loved the first installation of what looks like it will be a truly wonderful series. As soon as I realised the theme I was buzzing to get stuck into this story, my excitement only grew when I came to see that it was also written exquisitely. Veles, you clearly have a real talent here, you should nurture it and keep this up because the sky is the limit. I cannot wait to see where this will go next. :)

5 stars without a shadow of a doubt.

Veles_Svarog_RodVeles_Svarog_Rodalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Many thanks!

Thank you very much, your comments mean a lot.

gnome_mangnome_manalmost 6 years ago
Really, Really Good Work

Well! This was a surprise! You have true talent, Veles_Svarog_Rod. There was a feel of reality to this story that I don't often get. I don't know a Khajiit is, and there may be others that will say that your Khajiit isn't portrayed the way he should be. I don't know.

I do know that the world is wide and there is room for various differences in the way things are done.

I really liked this story.

Veles_Svarog_RodVeles_Svarog_Rodalmost 6 years agoAuthor

Thanks, I appreciate it.

A Khajiit is some sort of cat/like humanoid species. Some look more like lions, or tigers, or house cats, features are different for all of them. In the Elderscolls lore, Khajiits hail from Elsweyr, a land of sands outside of Tamriel, and practically all of them speak in the 3rd person. "This Khajiit wishes you well" - or "Ma'iq is tired now, go bother somebody else."

They have different beliefs than folk hailing from Tamriel in general, the divines are acknowledged, but only if they have been exposed to the belief of other races.

They strongly rely on the moons to tell if a bad omen, or good omen is upon them. They name them Jone and Jode; their belief is that they are lovers, separated forever after giving the Khajiits life, and they watch over them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVeles_Svarog_Rod@Veles_Svarog_Rod
I started this because my ex-wife can't go to sleep without hearing a story that I have to come up with off the top of my head. Now I just hope to write stories without always giving up on them. Hopefully my stories will help me have more content, and others go to sleep sati...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES