All Comments on 'Mirror Me'

by yembrose

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
xelliebabexxelliebabexalmost 6 years ago

That was an interesting story. Short sharp and almost dreamlike. I kept expecting you to wake him up. Now I am wondering about the mirror its self and where it came from. Good job writing for Geek Pride :)

EtaskiEtaskialmost 6 years ago
^_^ Fun concept, subtle ending

Have you ever heard of Michael Manning's Spider Web Garden? Or "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger? Both touch on this idea, and are about as direct (Manning gets explicit because it's an erotic comic, but the mainstream novel has to be oblique).

Twincest, possibly, yet...not. Room for a broader story with no end of complications if you want (especially if the mirror's origins and "rules" are explored), but it also works as a straight-up, seize-the-day, what-if stroke story. I also like the subtle implications at the end, thoughts which move beyond a fantasy mirror and can apply to real life.

Much obliged for the Geek Pride entry and your first to Lit!

yowseryowseralmost 6 years ago
Reflections

"exposing his, or rather our, hairy balls, I tried to think of what I might tell my girlfriend later."

It is always the telling the girlfriend part that is the problem...

Intriguing notion, mirrors always an interesting twist to arousal.

There is that old Borges quote (nod to geek readers):

“Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men...” Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius

weftandwarpweftandwarpalmost 6 years ago

Interesting concept, thank you. I have noticed the mirrors of today aren't as good as those in the past. The new mirrors seem to have a lot of wrinkles in them, they're not at all smooth and flat as they used to be.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 6 years ago

I loved the subtle twist at the end. A setup for a foursome maybe? Of course now it's got me wondering what I would do if presented with a similar opportunity - and if I'd be the submissive or dominant one.

There are a lot of directions this could go. I'll be interested to see if you expanded on this story someday, or just let it stand as what it is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
early work

To see the improvement in the work of yembrose as a writer, one must read the Tannah series by the same author. The writing there is much superior to what is found here, and the characters there far more developed and interesting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useryembrose@yembrose
125 Followers
A blue skinned alien, here to share erotic tales from all the worlds she's visited. Although Yember's species is hermaphroditic, she uses female pronouns for herself as her anatomy is more similar to that of a human female. Visit Yembrose on Patreon and Twitter for updates or...