All Comments on 'Goal Posts'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 6 years ago
He never listens

The way Arville treated his coach, grinning and then doing it just the way Arville saw fit rang a bell with me. That's just how the writer, Mr Bob, acts whenever I or that nice Mr Anon write in to tell him how his stories are supposed to go.

Well, that's his right but if we can't get him to do stories exactly like all the other writers' how's he ever going to make it to that there Pecan Bowl of Writing?

Damn, I suppose there's just no helping some people.

BBeinhartBBeinhartalmost 6 years ago
Great insight, @onbothsides

That is exactly why some of us really enjoy and admire JB44’s stuff!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
5*

I don't know how JimBob can knock out one winner after another so quickly. Thanks for writing JimBob.

Gibbo68mustangGibbo68mustangalmost 6 years ago
Another winner

As per the above, it amazes me that you consistently produce great stories with really solid characters. Keep it up.

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 6 years ago
Loved it, one thing though

Arville gets illegally body slammed BEFORE the ball was even snapped... In no scenario in real life does that corner back leave the stadium using his legs. If that happened during the play, he would still get his ass kicked, but that happened before the ball was even snapped? That guys dead.

Was nice to see a smart/nice QB for a change instead of what you usually see in these stories. Reminds me of New Girl in Town. Happy ending. Still a little sad considering what could've been. I do love their motto Even in a cardboard box and I hope they stick with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Couldn't stop

The best thing I can say about this story (I haven't read any of your others yet... but I will.) is that I couldn't stop reading it. It was very compelling. Great characters.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 6 years ago
A really really good one!!

VERY well done!!!

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 6 years ago
Super!

Thanks for sharing a great story.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for the cast of characters.....

..... and their corresponding stories. As one of your previous commenters suggested, I would love to see a JB44 character phone book, or even a chart which relates all the different stories. Man, I would love to own a JB44 anthology (hint, hint). *****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The Best Known Unknown Author on this site.

JimBob44 is one of the most underrated authors on this site. I pissed and moaned when he got passed up on the Legends Day, and kinda sorta glad I did. Because in my comment I mentioned that I wanted a follow up on Yapping Dogs which he did, two of them, I actually was not entirely satisfied. Like Arville did he listened to my suggestion but called a fucking audible!!! Bastard, his stories resonate with people because of the beautiful flaws in his characters. Do yourself a favor and read his stories, you'll be glad you did. Some/most will frustrate the shit out of you but will likely be rewarding, especially his LW categories and Group Sex are phenomenal. I tend to stay away from his Gaymale and Transsexual & Crossdresser section, but some that I have read being very rewarding to read. His Wealth Series is such a delightful read I wish there was follow up to it, but still leaves you very satisfied. Yes he has to post a diagram, a timeline, and fuck it family tree to his stories. Thanks JB44, you hear, much love from the state that makes your gator fucking trees lean to the west.

boatbummboatbummalmost 6 years ago
Loved It But....

I agree with @deblackbuster that the offside cornerback deserves a little reminder of "Newton's Third Law" .... ;-)

Thanks for a lovely romance to brighten the start of my Memorial Day weekend!

ipmwebipmwebalmost 6 years ago
One of best

One of your best, thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Story

One of your best stories. Like how you keep incorporating new characters into the lives of your other characters. Keeps building onto their stories while telling new ones. Hope to read more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Ah, those Cajuns. Took me a while to get used to the dialect in writing but once I got the rythym it all came back, and I could feel the story. I kinda felt like the author threw out a lot of names and people early in the story with little or no explanation who they were or what their place was in the story. A couple of them, I never did figure out who they were or how they mattered. Oh well, it’s still a great story.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 6 years ago
aw man

u had to give him the most useless profession on earth :( did like the story, again hated the writing, dont mind typos, dont mind the writing in tongues, but both combine makes for a hard read, but im sure u get that a lot and dont care. good story ty

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 6 years ago
Okay story

Only gave it 5*

Too many characters introduced in short space on p2. Most of them were secondary and mostly irrelevant to main story. I stiil had trouble working out who was who up to the end of the the story.

Cajunspeak is hard for us 'others' to understand, let alone read. Maybe tone it down some. It was good for setting scene and characterisation, but almost impossible to follow and I lost time deciphering it. Almost gave up reading.

You should have added that the guy who injured him on the field was arrested and charged with assault causing bodily harm. Being on the field for a college sports team, insurance would not run out so quickly. A quick lawsuit against the other team, college and the player would have gained enough money anyway. It is set in litigious US anyway.

Nice story, no idea what the epilogue was all about, but at least it was after the story ended. That is where epilogues go anyway, so good for you on that.

ReadsalotReadsalotalmost 6 years ago
Ain't no steps here either!

I loved that sentiment! I have 6 kids, 1 of which I can take biological responsibility for. But they are all MY KIDS, and always will be. Thanks for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Another fantastic story from you, keep 'em comin, yeah!

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
DEPENDING ON HOW, WHEN AND WHERE YOU LIVE

life will never be EZ because of those reasons, TK U MLJ LV NV

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 6 years ago
Outstanding

Just when it all seemed to be coming together, life kicks him in the balls.

Seriously, great job. Also, recycling your characters works really well. It adds a lot of depth to the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story, but. . . .

This story is a bit tricky to read unless the reader happens to understand American Football (oh, you forgot that a large percentage of the readership is outside the USA?).

But it's good story, and quite well told.

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic

Excellent writing, would like to have seen more interaction with blind fan while dishing on his completely snob sister.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
First Class

Absolutely loved the dialogue. Very witty. Congratulations and thanks for publishing a top notch story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Far

Far too many characters and why didn't he she the other player?.

Kitist02Kitist02over 4 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable

I've been trying to work my way through your entire repertoire and it is slow going because I keep going back and re-reading a lot of them. I get great pleasure out of reading and re-reading your stories and, dare I say it, they're just plain lots of fun to read.

The exposure to such a large, well-knit, and loving family reminds me of my first wife's crowd (read that as "mob") when we got together. I didn't realize how much I missed that sort of thing until recently.

Thanks for writing and the resulting memory jog.

J

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A well-told story

A little more explanation (even as a foot-note) would help those of us who know absolutely nothing about American Football (I don't know a lot about Association Football, come to that). All this '28 Right' or whatever it was, means nowt.

But I do like the way you handle dialogue

73

HP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Outstanding

My God, that was an unbelievably good story. Well written, well paced, wonderful humor and tear wrenching scenes. JB, I’ve read a lot of your stuff in Loving Wives, but this may be your best story yet.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

some points.

Wonder what happened to Courtney, after the first date?

no mention of her or her blind brother after the first date and the Phone Calls/text msgs.

If that was the inevitable outcome anyways. Why even go into such detail to describe them and their date and all? Especially with a blind brother who gets to help out the equipment manager and is a big fan of Arville.

What I mean is. As a reader, you kind of at least try to build up a connection with the characters of a story.

Good or bad people or outcomes won't make much difference.

So it comes off as weird when a Character gets dropped like nothing without any further mentioning or explanation.

"shows off her messages and phone calls" -to different people ---disappeared. (that were pretty much your last words about Courtney.)

At least "show us" what Courtney said/texted arville that make him react like that and then from him something like "hell nah."

nothing from her and reaction from him and she's gone.

Also from Rachael the term my/you "cowboy". Just since the injury (get up cowboy; she said towards the tv), she said Cowboy to him or about him. There was no earlier mention of her using the term cowboy about him. (if I remember correctly, write this 6hrs after I read it).

other than that very nice story again. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Another great story

This is my 3rd or 4th reading. I won't say that it is your best because you have several other great stories, but it is one of your best. Good mix of humor, romance, interesting characters, sadness, and happy ending. Keep 'em coming. 5*

KinPAKinPAover 2 years ago

Makes me want to be “a Davis”!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of your best stories....fabulous MC and loved the 'Davis' fanily

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Best of all your stories, well written with great characters that make me want to spend more time with them. Thank you 5*, added to my favorites.

blackknight314blackknight314over 1 year ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

gopher25gopher25over 1 year ago

Wonderful story.

It would have added a bit too know what happened to the game and the cornerback. An honorable opposing coach would have promptly forfeited the game, and the cornerback should have been charged with felony assault. The ball was not even in play when the assault took place.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

It is heartwarming, i love it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

First read, great story. Has me wanting more.

SDN1955SDN19556 months ago

This is just a fantastically good story. Wonderful humor. Real dialog. Must be my third or fourth reading and it never fails to amaze me.

DrizdartDrizdart3 months ago

Excellent story ... fine romance, delightful crowd of characters.

Only thing missing is a new dog ... one helping Arville become even more independent, and allowing Rachael to minimize the "caretaking" element of the relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Love these stories; this is one of my favorites. I have read many on this site but keep coming back to Jimbob44, especially your romance and loving wives ones. Sure the stories hop around a lot; means you have to pay attention, which brings out the richness of the details. Most of the characters, main and auxiliary, are complex enough to really hold your interest, find out what happens to them. The only things that bug me are the issues with to/too/two, they’re/there/their, and the like. Still, minor issues and I was forewarned. You write them for your own enjoyment, but I for one really enjoy being along for the ride.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5082 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories