All Comments on 'Johnny Reb'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
corrytonmancorrytonmanalmost 6 years ago
Good story

Glad to read your work again. Looking forward to more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Missed you

Ann, another great story. You are one of the best. Glad you are back.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Good

Very good civil war story. Would like to see a chapter 2 on when the boys come home, and the rebuilding of the farm. Five Stars!

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 6 years ago
Welcome home, Ann...

...and thanks for this enjoyable short Western (although I've often wondered if the term 'Western' should apply to Civil War stories, most of the action taking place in the Eastern and Southern states). You conveyed very well the sense of time and place and how probably otherwise decent people are turned by war. Good to see you back.

ROBERTODAVOROBERTODAVOalmost 6 years ago

Ann,

I've been reading your stories for over ten years. A wonderful recalling of the Civil War, with a very convincing picture of the time and place, and well-drawn characters..

Best wishes, Robertodavo a.k.a.Robert Davidson.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not bad, though there were some historical errors

Militia didn't deploy away from home for extended periods -- they were part-time soldiers who couldn't be called out for more than a few months at a time, and more often only for weeks or days. John should have been part of the Provisional Army like Lee's and Johnston's men were to spend years in active service like s/he did.

Having two brothers with Johnston was alright though. It was rare for Virginia soldiers to be posted outside the state, but there were two Virginia infantry regiments in Johnston's army, though they lost so many men they were combined into one battalion by the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Nice my darling

I've been away too and so glad you're back would love being "John" for you.

ElectricOutcast2XElectricOutcast2Xalmost 6 years ago

Nice twist at the end, but it isn't the first time I've seen it, to tell you the truth.

paulsubpaulsubalmost 6 years ago
A romantic Novel

Historically set, this story brings, excitement, drama, love and sex with a surprise.

The well developed characters were so real that the reader has a firm image of them in his mind.

Thank you for sharing your talent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Loved this story for so many reasons, such as character development, historical time usage, and the romance. You truly felt the emotion gripping your heart. Thank you for another grand tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very nice, well done! Good job of covering “ JOHN” till JUST the right time! Brovo—More

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
3177 Followers
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...

SIMILAR Stories