All Comments on '*$$$ (Starbucks)'

by Krenna Smart

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great little story!

What a wonderful little story! Having worked in the coffee industry for the last few years, I get a real kick out of hearing people ask for a mocha latte! I would just ask them if they wanted chocolate or not..that made it less embarassing for them, but I still got a laugh. But no truer words have been spoken in regards to society today...ie: the matching poodle and pumps, etc! It made me laugh out loud...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
It's Unanimous!

Great Story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Oh yeah

My husband and I own our own coffee business, selling all types of coffee, lattes and capuccinos. We wish we had a nickel for every time someone asked us for "just a regular cup of coffee" We love it. Its great to make friends and meet people over a good cuppa. Thanks for making our day brighter.

Yada Yada Coffee Gypsies

M & L

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You confused it at the end.

Nice for the most part. BUT, you had the protagonist order a coffee and say at the end "he" drank Pepsi. Not so good to do.

It would have been a fine tongue in cheeky observational piece about the absurdities of modern life and retrospective about the past if not for that.

Edit and re-submit.

Sincerely,

A Fellow Writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
i hate starbucks

i hate starbucks. everyone is so snotty there. your description of the woman behind you in line with the dog clearign her throat and looking at her watch was dead on. for that reason, i give this an A. nice work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Bubbles

I drink Diet Coke at breakfast too. I also love the bubbles. Good writing and keep it up!

AmyfriendAmyfriendabout 17 years ago
Cute and hilarious at times....

as you captured the true side of Starbucks...Its a franchise so its pretty well the same in all Starbucks, including customer reactions...Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Cool

LOL...I used to work at Starbucks myself. Starbucks is my drug. Can't go without it!

leslieincolourleslieincolouralmost 16 years ago
Cute

I liked this. I never know what to order when I go to a coffee shop so I always say hot chocolate. Except recently whenever I go to the coffee shop here (not starbucks) I order hot chocolate with a shot of mint.

Anyway, nice, I think I like satire :)

PrincessErinPrincessErinalmost 16 years ago
So True

Very funny article. I don't drink coffee so I don't get it. I like your comment about the bisexual bathrooms - hehe.

cambrie11cambrie11almost 15 years ago
pepsi!!!

i love pepsi as well!!! coffee is too overrated for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
have i got the right site?

as i said in the title ... i thougt this was ment to be erotic ... other then that, really funny, but how can you have pepsi in the morning...

P.S as you can propably tell i like dot-dot-dotting ...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I laughed. I too know the stigma of a coke with your breakfast.

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
$ATIRICALLY POLITICALLY HUMOROUS

like the pet rock, doomed. TK U MLJ LV NV

LittleCarolLittleCarolalmost 12 years ago
Cute

I really want to like the phrase "phonetically enhanced coffee". But it just doesn't stick with me. Some punctuation errors. Cute essay, though.

thedemonIxthedemonIxalmost 7 years ago
My mother was an angry smoker who needed the fix of the caffeine, tobacco and alcohol to get her through the day.

Son?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Accurate

This is definitely, absolutely, 100%, the right place to put this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous