Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
That's quite the list!

Some of the best authors around and a few I don't know. This should be a super day! Thanks, Randi.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
Wow

What the last commenter said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Holy Cow!

I knew it was going to be good, but this is great! There are writers here with names I can't seven spell! I certainly don't know what the hell they mean! Usually that twit, Amy, has had her story posted and taken down by now. She has a great ass, so all is forgiven! Girlinthemoon makes my loins stir and Stev2244 makes my head hurt! These writers do effect me. Think about the great writers not included... I can't think of any! This is top shelf, cream of the crop, the wheat without the chaff, love without marriage, and the cat's pajamas all rolled into one! 5 *s, numerous emojis and three pickaxe handles for this!

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm curious

Is this an open event to all writers?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
None of the other events have been.

I'm pretty sure this is by invitation. The writers I recognize are hall of fame types.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
This is an invitational, anonymous.

It is a story collection with a nautical theme. I hope the readers enjoy the stories. I invited more than fifty authors to contribute stories. These authors are the ones who agreed to write. I believe it is the largest number we have ever had. I have seen many of the stories and they are among the best I have ever read.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
When an event is advertised ahead of the fact,

there is no way to prevent others from posting stories the same day, be they themed or random. Anyone that has a story to tell can post on July 4th. I hardly expect Randi to invite writers that cover subjects distasteful or unappealing to her. I don't expect her to correspond with people that have been assholes to her. I don't expect her to talk to the dead. She opens her heart and works like crazy to put something together for us readers, yet some readers, and a few writers, sit back, drink a beer and bitch about it. Such is human nature. There are people that get things done, like Randi, and there are people that wonder what the hell happened, like me. Thanks Randi!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Other Writers

While, despite the whining of some comments, anyone IS free to post outside of the invitational, given the unpredictability of Lit's posting schedule, there is no guarantee of a story actually posting on the Fourth.

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterover 5 years ago

Hey SBrooks, I supposed I've missed the comment where someone was whining? Must have been deleted, since all I can see is someone asking 'Is this an invitational', which, to my understanding of the English language, is a non-emotive question.

Harddaysknight, what exactly are you responding to? Another deleted comment?

There are some brilliant authors on this list whose work I very much admire. Shame it's not an exhaustive list; BlackRandI may not be aware of some of the talent on Lit that lies outside her immediate interests. But still, some very talented writers.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
This is a promotion like

a woodpecker is a carpenter! Call me crazy, but to promote an event, you should try to keep it in the public eye. You keep them talking about it. You make them curious. You pique their interest. You don't post a blurb in a mostly unread category and then forget about it. This is just plain lazy. Randi worked hard to put this together, to write a story and to edit hundreds of pages, yet Literotica finds it too difficult to move the promo around, or drop it in numerous categories at once. Pathetic is the word that comes to mind. This isn't rocket science.

stev2244stev2244over 5 years ago
I agree, HDK

This promo leaves room a lot of room for improvement.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
Well, is moved, now, so all good.

National Nude Day contest is going on, as well, so probably busy. Nearly everyone has submitted, so nearly game time!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
I keep trying to find the "like" button here.

These events require tons of effort by Randi and some effort from the rest of us who post. I appreciate the site, but I think all special events here, along with awards and contest winners, deserve more attention and recognition. Nude Day is good if you are one of those guys that like naked women. (That's a contest?) Thanks for moving the promo! I hope everyone tunes in on July 4th for good old fashioned apple pie, baseball, Chevrolet, and semi-great literature on that great American holiday. If you happen to be from a nation not the USA, please feel free to read the stories and make comments. We all appreciate feedback and the time people devote to reading our stories. They don't cost anything, and sometimes they aren't worth much, but this will be different! Top writers, except for a few that shall remain nameless, and great stories will abound! Be there, or be square! Nautical stories on July 4th? Remember the Maine!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Wiping up my drool and adjusting my shorts in anticipation.

Really looking forward to this and much appreciation for all the work you talented perverts put out there for all of us less than talented sex fiends who love a well spun fuck tale!

Special thanks to blackrandl1958 for busting her sweet 🍬 ass, working hard so that horny guys like me can stay hard while truly enjoying a tale.

Sincerely, ss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
iverson and todd....gonna be a good day

and others I like!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Bring it on

All those noted writers should keep us busy for a week or so. What a treat to have for a holiday week. Plenty of time to read and enjoy. Thank you blackrandi1958, and all contributors.

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Cant wait!

That is a star studded lineup, really looking fwd to this. Thx for your efforts gorgeous!

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 5 years ago
Luv'n life on the 4th !

Randi does so much for this site , authors , and especially the readership that everyone needs to say a lil prayer that her energy , talents , and most importantly, her motivation for these extravaganzas continue well into the future .

As an old Squid myself ( that's sailor's speak for sailors ) in Uncle Sam's Big Grey Canoe club , I'm Frick'n Giddy about this collection of Literotica Giants as I was for the original Legends Day !

It's gonna be a firecracker !

P.S. I purposely used horrid Grammer , punctuation and slang in this comment just to annoy my good friends Randi & sbrooks103x ! Lol .

rnebularrnebularover 5 years ago
Well there goes another two days of my life

I will never get back all the time that I will spend reading this week. I'm okay with that! Thanks! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sounds great!

I look forward to the event. But I had to really laugh hard when I noticed this announcement only got a 4.83 score! Tough crowd I guess. Thanks to Randi for her efforts, once again.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
"But I had to really laugh hard when I noticed this announcement only got a 4.83 score!"

Me too. I'm trying to think of a reason it gets a lower rating, and all I can up with is some angry person thinking, "Seriously?! On the 4th of July?!" I see that person speaking with Gene Hackman's voice in Unforgiven. 4 minutes into this clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vscLrMD_qY

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@JasonClearwater My Apologies

I must have been flashing back to some of the other invitationals where there were complaints about writers being left out.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 5 years ago
Thank You BR1958!

You do so much! Thank you.

Raisa_GreywoodRaisa_Greywoodover 5 years ago
Invitational or not...

When Randi asks for a story, I deliver. As several people have commented, she works her ass off, and I appreciate all her hard work to put on these events. I may only post when she asks, and my stories may not always be completely edited. The last one was written on my cell phone on a plane at the very last freaking minute. But what Randi wants, she gets.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Read em all

My wife , RN also,has to work July 4th, so I'll have some time to relax and read. I plan to spend some time with Lee Child, and will have plenty of time left for Siren Song. No one forced anyone to read, but it's there if you want it.

WILLACWILLACover 5 years ago
Just Plain Bob.

I hope he can contribute too. I really enjoy his style and imagination.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
I invited JustPlainBob.

For personal reasons, he could not contribute a story at this time. He does have at least eight stories in various stages of completion, so I can give you that encouragement. Hang in there and you'll get JPB in all his greatness.

0zed0zedover 5 years ago
Looking Forward to JPB Contribution.

I like his stories so much better now that he's had his testosterone treatments and is not a wimp anymore!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
Just click on an author's name above

and you will be taken to their page where you can see a list of stories the writer has posted. You can then pick out a story of two and get a feel for the writer's style, ability and favorite genres, This is a very good tool, especially if you are not familiar with a particular writer and want to know more about them.

Randi has managed to draw some extremely capable writers into this event. Sure Iverson and Todd are favorites. They write some great stuff, but you'll be pleased by the efforts of many others as well. Enjoy the stories and leave comments. Writers love the comments. They are always very much appreciated.

holliday1960holliday1960over 5 years ago
In the past

I've always tried to be supportive of any and all other writers on Lit. I was looking forward to reading some authors, not new, but new to me, over the course of this event. However, there seems to be some disturbing degree of false accusations and finger-pointing where none is warranted, both on this thread as well as in the AH.

Until the members of Lit can be more tolerant and supportive of one another, I'll pass on ALL non-inclusive/ invitational only events. I'll rely as I have in the past on open Lit contests and events simply because this sort of thing breeds contempt and discontent.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Randi

Randi takes a lot of undeserved grief.

Does she have devoted fans, "sycophants" if you will? Yes, but not because of some nefarious conspiracy.

It is because (in no particular order):

She is a great writer.

She is kind and supportive. She rarely. if ever, gets involved in comment wars. The most that she will do is delete abusive comments.

She edits for many writers, both new and experienced.

She encourages others to write, though some may not see that as a positive!

She organizes these events. Some may take issue with who is invited, but as the organizer that is her prerogative. Others are free to organize their own events, and nobody is barred from submitting their own stories in any case.

@holiday1960, you are certainly within your rights to avoid these stories, but it will be your loss.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
@anonymous "Yup,"

Dear anonymous, there have been two comments deleted. The two that have been deleted were comments by the spambot known as "Ashley" or "affectionate and depraved girl." I know you might have enjoyed those two spambot comments, but most do not, therefore the site deletes them. The site deletes them, not any writer or reader. Now, don't you feel foolish?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 5 years ago
My used condom friend

Only the site administrators have the ability to delete comments here. Neither I, nor anyone else has the ability to delete comments. If your comment was deleted, it was done by the administrators of Literotica. Just thought you might want to know.

Lord_GroLord_Groover 5 years ago
Really, not seeing anything to dislike here.

New stories from a bunch of good authors? Failing to understand why anybody would have issues with this.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Ouch! People complaining about good stories??

This is just unbelievable. The collection of writers contributing is impressive!

Thanks Randi;

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Complaining

The only complaining I’ve seen are people complaining about complaining. Why SO defensive, folks? You all protest a little too much. It’s like you’re looking for a fight.

Can’t we all just get along?!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Re: No Complaining?

@JasonClearwater: "Shame it's not an exhaustive list; BlackRandI may not be aware of some of the talent on Lit that lies outside her immediate interests"

@holiday1960: "Until the members of Lit can be more tolerant and supportive of one another, I'll pass on ALL non-inclusive/ invitational only events"

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
YAY!

The day is almost here. Thanks, Randi, for organizing this and putting up with everything. Many people have no idea what takes place behind the scenes, or what patience and skill this effort requires. I always appreciate that you reach out to so many different authors and work so hard to make these events special. I can't wait to read the rest of the stories.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
Miss Holliday1960,

I don't see the issue to which you referred: "there seems to be some disturbing degree of false accusations and finger-pointing where none is warranted, both on this thread as well as in the AH." I would ask, where is that finger pointing? What accusations, false or otherwise? (Besides the pervasive rumor concerning my appetite for used condoms, which I publicly deny!)

To whom or what are you referring with: "Until the members of Lit can be more tolerant and supportive of one another, I'll pass on ALL non-inclusive/ invitational only events. I'll rely as I have in the past on open Lit contests and events simply because this sort of thing breeds contempt and discontent." Who could possibly be more tolerant than myself? I am so tolerant, I even tolerate intolerant people. Some of my best friends are intolerant!

I would submit that you are absolutely correct in stating you will not be participating in any non-inclusive/invitational events, at least not until you receive some sort of invitation. That said, why not cultivate a relationship with Randi and possibly be included in one of hers? If that is distasteful for some reason, why not reach out to other writers and create an invitational that suits your needs and requirements? It only takes many hours of sending emails, corresponding with other writers, and coordinating with Laural, Randi tosses in editing and writing for free with her invitationals, but that's sort of woman she is.

You have some very good stories posted and more than a few of those have much sought after red Hs, or did have until you disabled voting for whatever reason. I do not really see your issue, but the solution is simple. Get together with some others and do your own invitational, or make nice with Randi and she just may invite you next time. We could see your moniker gracing the promo at the next invitational! How cool would that be?

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this promo. That does help the event and we appreciate it very much. Thanks also to the Dale Carnegie of Literotica, Mr. "Can't We All Just Get Along" himself, SJ, the blessed peacemaker, for taking time to make a comment, help the promotional effort, and spread his message of peace and tolerance. No pick axe handles for Joe!

Special thanks to Girlinthemoon just because she's really hot!

AhazuraAhazuraover 5 years ago
I just wanna say

Thanks to blackrandl. These events are awesome and represent an investment of time and effort on her part. I would also like to say thank you to the authors for taking the time and effort to give most of us something to enjoy. Personally, each story I post freaks me out because putting something you created out to be judged is scary. So I would like to thank everyone who has shared a story. Even if it is not my cup of tea the fact that you put it out there is remarkable.

And Randi doesn't need me to defend her but I will say this. She works hard and shares her talent with us. You don't have to like her, but damn, if she doesn't deserve respect.

Ahaz

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Choosing Stories

Just a heads up for the Anonymous below - Randi doesn't choose the stories. She chooses the theme (likely with a lot of input) and invites authors (again, with input from others).

The authors write their own story. To the best of my knowledge, Randi doesn't veto any contribution.

I'm not quite sure why she should 'stop these batch stories'. They are enjoyed by many and hurt absolutely no one. Don't like them? Don't read them. Authors don't like them? Which ones? And why? It doesn't impact them in the least.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Stop these batch stories"

"[O]ther authors get upset because you force feed these stories that you in particular choose." - Nothing is "force fed." Nobody is forced to read these stories, though many hunger for them! Any author "upset" is totally free to submit his/her own story or even organize their own event.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
No Complaining?

Now we can add:

@Anonymous Re: "Just wow"

@Anonymous Re: "Stop these batch stories"

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
"Stop these batch stories"

No, continue them!

An event like this can be a motivation for a writer to contribute a story sooner rather than later. As a writer I can say, deadlines and events have lit a fire under my ass to get something done faster than I otherwise would have.

As a reader, this list includes many authors I've enjoyed for years. If they are motivated to submit a new story and perhaps stretch a bit to fit the theme, I benefit. Some of these authors helped me pass the time for years before I ever even considered taking my own plunge into these waters.

"Give it a rest, other authors get upset because you force feed these stories that you in particular choose."

Not this one. Equally exciting as seeing names I know, is seeing names I don't. This gives me exposure to authors I haven't yet discovered. I anticipate that their inclusion will lead me to discover their body of work and result in pleasurable hours of reading.

There is no downside to this event in any way, from my perspective.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
@ sbrooks

You realize that you’ve now complained about the complaints as many times as there are complaints! (And, frankly, some of the examples you posted weren’t actually complaints.)

kimi1990kimi1990over 5 years ago
Late to the party, again.

I need to get more free time. I knew about most of the writers, but there are a few surprises there. I'll have to check them out. Not long to wait. I'm really looking forward to this. Barbecue, ice cold beer, fireworks and a couple of stories from the masters. Doesn't get any better than that. Put my chair in the shade!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great to see another event!

Glad to see another event. The stories in this category are not as good as they once were probably due to the vitriol in the comments. These events are a breath of fresh air and I look forward to them.

Quick question - anyone heard how Tx Tall Tales is doing ? Been looking forward to the finish of his Honor story but I seem to recall hearing he was ill.

Also, have you tried to get The Wanderer/Denham Forrest for these events. He is my favorite writer who has posted here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Is MattBlacks the only one you posted late Randi? there are several other writers on that list with NO story posted, but hen again, its being dictated by Randi when we get half way decent stories.

JasonClearwaterJasonClearwaterover 5 years ago
You know what, I wasn't offended on my own behalf.

And neither was Holliday1960. She doesn't write on this site anymore, and I had no interest in the event myself, focussing on other things like writing 'real' books elsewhere (for my two readers). However, I was surprised to see at least four authors missing from the list who I knew would have made brilliant contributions. That was all. Surprised. Not offended, and not upset. Well, my surprise has evaporated as it's become very clear that this is an exclusive event organised by someone with exclusive tastes.

To BlackRandl - when you allow homophobia here and don't condemn it, that speaks volumes to me. And it says a lot to me about the authors here (I'm referring to the comments section, not referring to the list - I support those on the list) that they not only refuse to post their vitriol (the -actual- vitriol) under their own names, but they use homophobic language on a platform where authors of all walks of life - gay, trans, straight, and everything in between contribute their -quality- work for free.

If you push forward an event as being the 'best' in the community (of Literotica general, a fairly broad claim), but then say that the 'gay shit' doesn't count, what you're saying is that only some categories in this community matter and have value. What we call that where I come from, is 'homophobia' and 'bigotry', which are not things you should be proud of.

I expect more. I expect more from a writing community in 2018. I've seen the positive, supportive side of this site (through getting to know other authors in the Author's Hangout) - but perhaps the author's community there is just a cut above those who don't contribute there to the fostering and development of talent across the board.

To those so deeply offended by mild criticism, if you're so fragile you can't deal with a simple question like 'Is this open to everyone?', or the polite comment I made -under my own name- (unlike those using 'anonymous' to post hate speech), then that tells me everything I need to know about you as people.

BlackRandl could have agreed with me, 'Yes, this is just the authors I'm aware of, but I'm sure there are other brilliant authors out there whose work I don't read'. That'd be fair, since I doubt they've read every story by every author on the site. But they didn't. And they've allowed this comment to stand without any condemnation:

** "There are real authors here. Like others said, have your own fucking deal and you can all write a bunch of gay shit. All two of the people who read your shit will be thrilled." **

Which tells me they agree with the sentiment - that 'gay shit' isn't welcome, and has no value to this literary community.

If we want the world to change, and I sincerely hope at least some of you reading this do (well, perhaps not in this comments section, since it's posted in the most homophobic category on the site), stop letting the threat of trolls and the gutless 'anons' control your willingness to speak up.

On the other hand, if you support homophobia and bigotry, then keep your silence. It's the favourite trick of bullies and oppressors to make everyone afraid to raise their heads. But I'm the kid who took the punches from the school bullies to take a stand, and at least I can look myself in the eye and say, I am who the fuck I want to be.

To the authors on this list, I support you, and I'm sure you've done an amazing job. But please consider what you're contributing to, and if it's part of you who you, personally, want to be.

Jason.

jezzazjezzazover 5 years ago
I missed the deadline :(

Due to real world concerns, I just didn’t get done on time. No fault of anyone except my own. I will finish the story and get it posted at some point, when I get some writing time. I can only apologize if anyone missed me (which is extremely doubtful anyway, just wistful thinking of an aging wanna be author.)

Randi has done an outstanding job of organizing these things, and if anyone has issues, it’s not any fault of Randi’s, that’s for sure. She is nothing but class and elegance and voodoo dolls.

Bebop3Bebop3over 5 years ago
Hello Jason Clearwater

First off, happy 4th of July.

If you check this submission, you'll see that Randi wasn't the author. As she isn't the author, she can't delete comments here. The author is listed as "Literotica", which I assume means Laurel. Maybe your concerns should be directed to her?

On a side note, you posted that Randi's inclusion of authors was rather exclusive.

"Well, my surprise has evaporated as it's become very clear that this is an exclusive event organised by someone with exclusive tastes."

I'd have to disagree with you there. She invited me to participate and barely knew me. I recommended an author to her and she almost immediately extended an invitation to that author.

Regardless, I hope that you're able to find a few stories to enjoy and have a great holiday weekend.

GirlintheMoonGirlintheMoonover 5 years ago
Jason-

Bebop3's comment pretty much covers it, but I need to emphasize again that Randi is not the author of this submission. She is one of the most loving, inclusive and accepting people ever, and if she were the author of this submission, she would be on these comments like you wouldn't believe. It's unfortunate that someone would write something like you referred to, but please believe Randi would never allow it. Randi, herself, was the target of numerous racist comments that were unfortunately left up. Think about it.

I'm also puzzled that because you thought there were four authors who would have made brilliant contributions, that somehow Randi's list wasn't "exhaustive" enough for you. If you thought Randi didn't know about them, did you email her and recommend them? The list was extremely varied, both by writing style and genre. But, as you've said, you're not interested in it. Still, the lack of four authors hardly makes her list limited.

I'd just like to state again that what you've said about Randi is false, and you really should have thought about it a little more before writing a comment, making such accusations. Contact Laurel.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 5 years ago
What did I miss?

Someone here supports homophobia and bigotry and I missed it? Shit! How do these things get past me? Where is this homophobic rant posted?

On another note, when you throw a party, you like to invite people you enjoy and who you hope will enjoy each other. You don't invite the aging uncle that likes to pinch girl's asses. You skip the overbearing narcissist. You skip the cousin that wants to fight after he has a few beers. You do not invite the spouse's slut cousin that will try to seduce a few husbands and fathers. You are a bit exclusive with your invitations. Sometimes you don't invite a guy simply because you don't like him. That one pisses me off. I have missed a lot of parties because people are so judgmental and just don't like me. It isn't because I'm black, gay, transgender, pickaxe handle wielding, handicapped, or Canadian. Sometimes just being an asshole is reason enough to miss an invitation. That's my cross to bear, but I'm not complaining... much.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Re. the racist comments

One of the many great benefits of writing anonymous stories for a free erotic website is that readers can’t possibly judge a writer for who he is, what he looks like, how old he is, how much weight he carries, how he combs his hair, etc. Because the writer is anonymous!

The only way a reader could possibly know anything about an author is if the author tells the readers some personal detail about himself. Trust me, I have regretted choosing my username since the day I created it. Because of that name, readers assume all sorts of things about me that simply aren’t true.

Perhaps if Randi didn’t include her skin tone in her username, she wouldn’t have invited all of these racist scumbags to make racist comments on every story she writes. Why include your skin tone in your username unless your goal was to become a victim of the always-ugly anonymous internet community, which never fails to bring out the worst in humanity?

Just sayin’.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLiterotica@Literotica
2117 Followers
Hello world! The 2023 Literotica Special Contests Schedule is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/the-lit-2023-special-contest-schedule.1578846/ The 2023 Literotica Author-Organized Challenge List is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-organized-challeng...