All Comments on 'Last Time'

by SweetVA

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
sophia janesophia janeabout 19 years ago
~~

Loved the ending! I didn't see that coming- great poem!

LadyJeanneLadyJeanneabout 19 years ago
Bittersweet

or maybe sweetly bitter. I can relate! Great work. Thank you, LJ.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Ha!

Well written with a twist to kick us at the end. I liked it enough to give a 5. It's great to have so many new and good poets arriving these days.

keep on writing!

Tess

Bridget69Bridget69about 19 years ago
Good one!

A serious reflection with an amusing twist. Thanks for the chuckle.

Wanton VixxxenWanton Vixxxenabout 19 years ago
The last line to Last Time...

had the last laugh on Me. Now, why didn't I think of writing a poem like this? lol

This was great - from the first line I got roped into what I thought was a spurned love poem and... BAM! the last line hit Me between the eyes, in the funny bone and uh... ahem...well, let's just say a bone of another kind. <wink> Gotta go now and check the batteries in something...

Vixxx

Bill DadaBill Dadaabout 19 years ago
'I'm Left With No Choice'

...but to laugh my ass off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Buy Quality

It saves money in the long run, to buy high quality products. They are more reliable and won't break down when you need them the most.

I think Black & Decker make a really sturdy one.

Great poem--I loved the surprise!

skip.69skip.69about 19 years ago
Surprise

What a surprise ending. Started like any love poem, but then at the end - Wham!

logophilelogophileabout 19 years ago
Nice Work VA

Well written, evocative and funny. Can't wait to see your next work!

~photoguy~~photoguy~about 19 years ago
Most Excellent VA !!

sweet, sexy ... with a kicker at the end ... nicely done!!!

msboy8msboy8about 19 years ago
What a poem!

Good poem. The ending took me by suprise, but it was lovely.

Dar~Dar~about 19 years ago
Nice work,

happened quick. Maybe you could draw us a little longer. Nah! It's perfect.

minsueminsueabout 19 years ago
Very nice

I'm so glad you posted it, Sweet. =0) (yes, I know, I'm late....I've been distracted.)

LuciousBi-Writes4ULuciousBi-Writes4Uabout 19 years ago
VA.....SWEET!!

good one VA!

keep them cumming....

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanabout 19 years ago
A wonderful laugh and a fine poem

As I was reading down the poem, I was thinking to myself, "How amazing. The author is tackling the 'now you're gone wahhhh' theme and actually making it interesting and succint - very hard to do. I shall have to watch this talent." Then I came to the end ;) Better and better! Loved it, loved it. Well done indeed.

Honey123Honey123about 19 years ago
LOL

You pulled me in with the first verse and left me laughing with the last!!!

Great job!

~Honey

Quiet_CoolQuiet_Coolabout 19 years ago
Nice...

Nicely done, VA. I'm not one for poetry, but it's nice to see one that isn't over-dramatically sickening. Well done, and humorous.

Q_C

eric shawn listoeric shawn listoabout 19 years ago
Great...

...kicker at the end as all have said. The build up was intense as well. Loved it, eric.

angelicminxangelicminxabout 19 years ago
LOL

I love it!<screaming for more> Love ya, babe! ~Minx

she_is_my_addictionshe_is_my_addictionabout 19 years ago
*laughs*

I read it so fast the last part didn't even register in my mind until about five seconds later. Now I'm laughing my ass off! Wonderful poem, sweet and lighthearted. Hope to see more from you!

:kiss:

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
LOL

"of the awful way

you screamed"

i commiserate. well done!

AppleBiterAppleBiterabout 19 years ago
Loved It!! :)

It was very powerful and the end made me giggle. Excellent work!!

rikaaimrikaaimabout 19 years ago
Nice start

Nice start to your writing career. This is a well written poem that has great form and good structure. It flows smooth and the words are rich and vibrant. You display a powerful image of emotion that turns the tables and becomes very humorous because of the way you set up a dark and rich tone. The first stanza alone could stand as a poem. The way you tied it all together worked rather well, which is hard to do because of how deep the beginning was set up. Good job and very funny. I hope you keep writing because you have a way with words. You really know what you're doing.

woolfatthedoorwoolfatthedooralmost 19 years ago
This girl can write!

Adroit, slithery, manque in an not maudlin way, with charming denouement. Delightful! Submit this to the New Yorker!

RossDanielsRossDanielsabout 15 years ago
You hooked me . . .

. . . and reeled me right in. I was truly feeling your pain--right down to the last line. Nice job.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous