All Comments on 'A Dragon's Tale Ch. 01'

by Antiproton

Sort by:
  • 60 Comments
sportsinformationsportsinformationover 5 years ago
Great work!

You've got me to subscribe. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A Good Start

let us see where this goes...

Black_MusingsBlack_Musingsover 5 years ago
An excellent first chapter

I'm looking forward to the next part of the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Potential

Great start, great story and nicely written. You do need a proof reader but your grammar and structure errors are easy to read around. You leave a lot to the visuals to the reader's imagination but there is enough detail for the reader to build on so that's fine too. I

Please keep us posted on your progress in your profile. I am looking forward to your next chapter.

pjebpjebover 5 years ago

A very interesting story and very well written. I will be looking forward to the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Outstanding Start

It isnt very often that i find an Author's first submission to be this good. Excellent character creation and backstory work. You have a solid plot and pace. Fantastic job on getting over the often badly done -Normal Human Pulled Into A Magic World- hurdle, and you even managed to make it both seamless and realistic (a not surprisingly difficult feat in a Hard Fantasy story). Grab an Editor or two and a Patrion account. If you start writing at a solid, steady, and fast clip, you could easily become one of the most popular Authors on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LOVE IT!!

This is probably one of the better-written stories on Literotica. It's a definite standout . . . particularly for a first submission. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome

This is a great start to a story and I can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Outstanding

Really love how the story has begun and I hopee and pray that you will continue Grace us with this wonderful story the likes that is seldom seen on this site. I definitely think you could be as good as some of the other great authors like tefler. Cannot wait to read you next chapter. Keep up the great work. :)

AntiprotonAntiprotonover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you all :)

I really appreciate all the positive feedback. I've worked really hard on this story and it's great to hear you all enjoy it.

Yes, I realize I need an editor or two. I reached out on the Literotica Volunteer Editor program but didn't get a bite. If anyone is willing to offer their editing services, you'll get the next chapter much sooner...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Spectacular start!

Good enough that I'm debating signing up as an editor, just to help get them out faster. Very well done, would second the Patreon account recommendation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
excellent

I am eagerly awaiting the next installment!

justslippyjustslippyover 5 years ago

A very good start, I am definitely looking forward to the next episode.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice work!

You know you gotta keep going now, lol.

2027fred2027fredover 5 years ago
Very good

For a first post it was nigh perfect very few mistakes all minor and i cant wait for more keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great Start

Outstanding work. This story has a great future. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next installment.

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 5 years ago
A Good Start

Things to be mindful of, double descriptions. Two separate occasions happened where you described the same reasonings/descriptions. For example, why the tracker had fallen behind. There was one other, but since I read this broken up throughout the day, I have forgotten where. An editor should be able to assist you with that, and the spelling/grammar. Good job, and thank you for your time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'm not even fapping

Seriously, I'm genuinely invested in the story and I'd love it if you continued,

please continue writing so I have an easy excuse to fall back on when someone catches me on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
More

Mooooooorreeeee

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well done!

You have done very well with this story, I am seriously invested in the characters after only one chapter! I look forward to reading the next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Any news on the next chapter?

Your profile just says that you have more chapters that need editing. Any updates you can give us?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I am hooked

In five pages you hooked me more into the life and struggles of these two then most media i actually pay for. Keep up the good work please. I really want to know what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent Story

This is a top-tier story, the kind one comes across once in six months if you're lucky. I strongly encourage the author to continue writing it. I'll be checking every few days just to see when the next chapter is out, I know that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Epic story

I really want to read more. Very well written

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Late to the party

That bit there near the end. That is the powerful sign I love in a story. When the characters reference how the culture in the world they live will have an impact on the actions they take. When its real. Thank you, Antiproton.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great cliff hanger!

Enjoying the story immensely... couple Lil things... when he uses slang from our world she should be puzzled and question... like for instance “Ditto”.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Secondary comment

Coming back to write out this comment as it was something just floating around in my head. Really fascinated by the scientific explanations for how 'magic' in this world works. I also really like how its rather simple to draw the typical giant fire breathing dragon mythos into how you've explained the workings of the magic. Since it would be nigh on crazy to create fire from nothing, and far easier to move it around, a massive dragon would have plenty of heat to draw on and amplify to create the signature flame breath. And with magic and their innate manipulation of enchanting, just moving said heat around and dissipating it would allow them to not be as inconvenienced by Sol 3 based surface area to volume ratios. And could further explain why the stories are always of the bigger dragons breathing fire, cause a small one would kill itself trying. Anyways, just thought to throw another comment your way to show appreciation and interest in your writing. ^.^ even if I'm drawing false conclusions, and if so, I apologize.

P.S. Loving the tags you've put on the stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well done.

An excellent start on what could be an epic story. Very well written with wonderful detail and story structure. I look forward to reading more. Keep up the good work.

SVDIP110SVDIP110over 5 years ago
Slow down turbo...

That's enough plot lines to fill 3 stories which you cramped in 5 lits pages.

I would have given you 5 star but the rushed job didn't help.

taco1085taco1085about 5 years ago
wow

action packed and amazing, what a great story... i wonder if he lives if there is a way for him to get pay backs on his ex and best friend. now that would be neet.... karma as it is.... I like this story and yes, lots of action, lots of flow,,,,, really liked this

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great dragon story

Some new elements of lore and its only chapter 1✅✅

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomeover 4 years ago
That Was Astonishing

Such an action-packed story beginning! And 7 chapters to go! Woohoo! Instantly hooked.

bobosupremobobosupremoabout 4 years ago
Wow! Just...wow!!

I love this! Thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
THIS IS SO COOL!!

I am a huge lover of fantasy novels in real life and I do enjoy a good smutty story so when I saw this I was so excited. Seriously this is so cool!!!!!!!!!

JagnagJagnagover 3 years ago
WoW

This is just ,,, WoW, im hooked .... you have a skill beyond words

Thankyou for sharing

TSreaderTSreaderabout 3 years ago

Wow! What a great start! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Holy shit that's a great start

peterpedalpeterpedalabout 3 years ago

Nice magic system. Loving the slow build up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

you know...with how the story is and with the slow build up you could just make this a book series and then put it up on amazon...i know of another author who has a series where the MC becomes a dragon and has a harem (Dragon Emperor)

anubeloreanubeloreover 2 years ago

Haven't finished, but had to mention: natural gas is not a "poisonous gas". It only kills if it either (1) combusts, or (2) displaces enough of the air to cause asphyxiation. Building up sufficient quantities to cause asphyxia in a home, even a modest one, would take some time. And you would smell the mercaptan and feel the dizziness long before that happened.

That said, I'm still very interested in the story...I just wanted to clear up that misconception. If he suffocated due to a gas leak from his stove, then either he has no sense of smell, or his utility company has a lot of explaining to do about their failure to add mercaptan to the supply of gas. Oh, and a lot more time passed after he kicked the stove than appeared to have passed while reading the scene. *Shrug*

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 2 years ago

Well, I just stumbled upon this series of stories and have found this first chapter interesting. I'm not a grammar cop or critic, so I just enjoy each offering as I read them. Looks like I've got a lot of reading before I catch up. Looking forward to the 31 chapters.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 2 years ago

So far, so good. Like the basic plot and want to see how this develops. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Waiting at the house they thought would be attacked with no plan?... waiting to be murdered?

Playing guess my fingers on the main trail when people are hunting them ?

Taken but surprise and completely surrounded when you have a wood elf who knows every tree and animal... this fact has been mentioned several times..... oh and she can actually converse with them..... facepalm

0 urgency shown from the people who have already been attacked

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 1 year ago

Enjoyed this starting chapter, ... I am normally more into Spaceships and Ray guns than Magic and Dragons but found this to be an 'enchanting' tale. I was drawn in, discovering Ethan's new world and situation along with him, ... I am looking forward to the many more chapters which I see that are available. Thank you, Antiproton, this is a grand new series for me to fall into. ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is the funniest, intriguing, well writing story this site will ever see. All the compliments.

DocHoliday69DocHoliday69over 1 year ago

Could be written with a bit more depth to the characters, but overall it seems an enjoyable story thus far, i'll keep reading.

striker24striker24about 1 year ago

Interesting start but Ethan is a bit dense at times and I hate overly dramatic cliffhanger endings. It's somewhat manipulative, almost like a hard sales pitch.

DruggoDruggoabout 1 year ago

Well written. Loved it. Great concept and even better start to an Isekai

ranec1ranec1about 1 year ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

TheFerventReaderTheFerventReaderabout 1 year ago

Chapter 1 is pretty nice. I like it and I hope it continues.

LovesDancingLovesDancingabout 1 year ago

Interesting start, with a lot of more chapters to read I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. I like what you've done with the story so far. Have you read Gordon Dickson's series of SciFi books about the Dragon Knight?

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Knew I had read this story before, but also knew that I enjoyed it, so I'm reading it again.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is for new readers wondering if they should read this entire saga. I made it to ch44 before giving up.

If you're into white, heteronormative power fantasies which lean into fundamentalist Christianity (including borrowing wholesale from that theology) and reinforce patriarchal archetypes, it's for you.

If you like a bit more diversity, capable women whose principal concern isn't their attractiveness, descriptions which do more than describe the physical prowess of men and attractiveness of women to the male gaze, and a maddening lack of threat and urgency as heroes dawdle around at their own pace, look elsewhere.

EldrinCrainerEldrinCrainer7 months ago

@anonymous

You just unironically used heteronormative to talk about an erotic fantasy story so I’ll respectfully set your opinion to the side and continue reading

superluminal_somnambulationsuperluminal_somnambulation6 months ago

@anonymous, we can tell that you clearly do not recognize that this is erotica. EOROTC LITERATURE. The point is not to empower any specific group, so much as to be a fun story to read that has sexy themes.

skippersdadskippersdad4 months ago

Good Start, Will read more.

prof_W303prof_W3032 months ago

I made it to ch 18 but could not read any more due to the lack of editing. Having to translate the story into something your mind can read was really getting old... the editing does not improve by ch 18. Get an editor to try to save your story.

AntiprotonAntiproton2 months agoAuthor

@prof_W303 In the last week or two, I've started going through the ADT master file with an AI-powered proofreading program to clean them up. I hope to re-upload the edited chapters over the next month or two.

To everyone, thank you so much for bearing with all the issues. I didn't realize just how many typos there were until I started going through with the program. There's so, so many typos and I'm sorry about that. I mentioned at one point that I'm dyslexic and I'm truly grateful to live in an age where AI can help me cover my shortcomings. Hopefully, the story will be virtually typo-free when I'm done... hopefully.

RaptorPilotRaptorPilotabout 1 month ago

To be fair, the tracker guy should have run away to report their position instead of attacking.

rockingtilidroprockingtilidrop25 days ago

Its quite an achievement to have a story with so much potential and nearly 166k views to go for over 5 years and hardly moving forward at all, and now to less than 6k views , i have never read a story on lit that has so deliberately been slowed down so it lasts longer (make your own minds up as to why) , and to be told we are only 66% done. Shame

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAntiproton@Antiproton
2468 Followers
For as little as $1/month, you can get early access to new chapters on Patreon. Some tiers get access 2+ months early for less than the cost of some decent coffee. . www.patreon.com/antiproton . You can also join the Discord server for free, though Patrons have greater acces...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES