All Comments on 'Dr. Phil Agonistes Ch. 01'

by gunhilltrain

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

The thought of Dr. Phil and any kind of sex makes me a little queasy, but if that's your thing and it's workin' out for ya, it's nobody's business and I don't judge.

Actually, the "guests" in real life would be called "patients" not clients, even if the doctor is a quack like Phil.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 5 years agoAuthor
The doctor in Dr. Phil

Phil is a psychologist with a PhD, not a medical doctor (as psychiatrists are). I assume a lot of his viewers think he really is a doctor in the latter sense (like Doctor Oz). It's a bit of showmanship on his part.

Don't quote me on this right now, but I think only psychiatrists can use the term patient for the people they treat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Dr. Phil don't even have a medical license. He's strictly a quack whom is greatly frowned upon by real professionals in the medical field.

gunhilltraingunhilltrainover 5 years agoAuthor

He never claimed to have a medical license, but he is being tricky because psychologists usually don't call themselves "doctors" in their work. He used to be a psychologist just like Judge Judy used to really be a judge, but they're both in show business now. And they both got rich doing it. Judge J. is worth $400 million; what a great gig that is.

You'll notice that Phil hands off his tough cases to rehab centers and other places to do the real work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergunhilltrain@gunhilltrain
179 Followers
Time and place matter I suppose. At present I'm between the Metro-North (formerly New York Central) Harlem Division and the NYC Transit Authority's #2 train line. Thus I'm on both the wrong side and the right side of the tracks at the same time. Anyway, for me the Midnight Sp...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES