All Comments on 'The Makeout Machine'

by strickland83

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Who Could Not Be Moved?

Brought tears to an old man's eyes!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
fantastic!

Fantastic job. The plot was great, the dialogue was believable and the characters nicely developed! I liked how you blended Dave's character with the present and his memory of the past, it added a nice dimension to the story. I'll have to check out your sex incorporated stories now!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
The Touch Of A Story Teller

In several words - moving, superb, entertaining! There are a few here that are very good and there are none better. I'm impressed. Just stay awhile - so if they wish - my self and others can learn how.

So, now what - as we are never satisfied with less - more please!

with High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Bravo!

You have captured the spirit of the time very well! Well crafted story! Reminds me of my childhood there, and it took place at the same time too! R

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice Story

I enjoyed this story. I don't know exactly what it was about it that worked so well but it was a nice story. Keep it up!

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
Excellent vignette

about growing up,

life and relationahsips

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
Groovy story man!

Man strickland83 I really dug that story i was brought up before that era but i know what it was like then with the neighberhood pools i would love to read mor eabout billy and how he did after Cartwheel left did they ever meet again or did Billy or Jimmy ever grow up and marry?please continue this story i enjoyed reading this story it left me with tears also.

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Bravo

As usual, you deliver excellent reading. I always check your bio for something new when i log on. Your stories are full and fulfilling, please do write more

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Enjoyable

Most sex stories are the same with very little change. The first thing the girl does is go down on him and etc etc. This story had a STORY and a pleasant change of pace. Enjoyable>>>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Great story

This is a fantastic story. I have read most if not all of your stories, and this one could well be the best of the bunch.

I do like the plot more than the sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Me too...

...and here I thought I was unique. The sex scenes in stories are generally boring - same old jiggy jig, in-out stuff. Most stories are PWP - Porn Without Plot - one needs a juvenile mind to read them.

Thank you Strickland for listening to some of your readers and reacting positively.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Stories of this calibre don't need sex to make a good read. Well done, more of the same please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No sex??? Great!

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. It was much more "real" than all the sex stories written by half literate 'authors' who don't know the basics of the English language, nor much about female anatomy. A well writen story with an actual plot doesn't have to have sex to keep a person interested. This was both well written, and had a very interesting story to tell.

Thank you!

The NavigatorThe Navigatoralmost 10 years ago
Absolutely outstanding!

The author captured the persona of youth perfectly. The thoughts and dialogs were spot on for youngsters growing up. And after the emergency and sudden maturing took place, so did the boy turn into a young man. Perfect!

Too bad the author is still not around. He is very talented.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I was originally attracted to your stories

by one you have now moved to a commercial distribution model "Paddling Upstream" ... well worth looking for folks).

I'm one of those too who sometimes thinks the sex can overload the story/character development. It is part of life, but not 100% of it.

This too was a fine story showing how a serious situation can give a kid the chance to grow up. Thank You.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 8 years ago
Just Found

I've just come across your "The Makeout Machine". This story shows that gratuitous sex is not necessary to make a gripping story.

I found myself identifying with your characters. I could see in my mind's eye Cartwheel, Davey, Jimmy and the other boys. I could feel the anguish of Jimmy's mother. The trail through the woods, the stream, the swing and the accident were like a picture on the TV.

Your story is engaging and entertaining. It is our loss on this site that you have moved on. I will be purchasing Paddling Upstream for my Kindle. Thanks for your hard work and for entertaining me. Good luck to you.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
yes

"Now I'll see if they really mean it."

YES! They (and I) really mean it when I say that I LOVE SEX! I just don't want to have to scrape off a smothering layer of gratuitous sex to see if there is a story in there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good job

It was a great story. As noted, did not need any sex scenes to be a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WOW

I agree completely with the second Anonymous and also The Navigator (as well as most of the others).

While the boys were saying goodbye to Cartwright, I had to stop and wipe my eyes.

Felt like I was transported back in time into a slice of a young boy's life, when, after setting the stage, a transforming event occurs, that sticks in his memory.

Conveyed with spectacular storytelling and language skills.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very emotional read. Good job!

anubeloreanubeloreabout 1 year ago

Couldn't possibly love this story more than I do. It's like Stand By Me crossed with The Sandlot, in a way. Really lovely.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy29 days ago

Great story! Worth reading after many years!

5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous