All Comments on 'BDSM on a Budget'

by Tawny Brown

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
VERY GOOD

We have done the same and taught others how to get started. One day at the "everything is a dollar" store - I had eight dog collars (leather) and six chain choke collars (run the leather ones through the ring ends of the choke collars and they are great restraints - $3 for a wrist set and $3 for an ankle set). The girl had the check out said - "You must have a lot of dogs?" I asked how old she was - "17" - So I told her - yes, I have several and work at a kennel...... BDSM is in the mind - so use the mind and get creative!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Another suggestion...

I work at The Home Depot, and we carry a product in the hardware department called "Hang-alls" by Husky. Basically, they are large velcro straps with a snaphook attached to them. Theoretically, they are for putting around bicycles, lawn furniture, trimmers, etc so you can hang them up in your garage. But adventurous minds will quickly ken to the fact that they can just as easily be used around wrists, ankles, and even thighs to create a unique restraint. There are three sizes available...the "small" and "medium" are packaged together, you get two of each. The "large" are packaged on their own, and you get three. My girlfriend is a BBW, and the large size opens enough to go around her thigh and it can still be closed. Here's the best part...as of late, these Hang-alls have been on clearance, down to about $7 a set. Can't beat that one!

Oh, and one other discovery we've made was in the paint department, near the tarps....they are called "alligator clips", and make for some very interesting nipple clamps. They're about a buck each, so very affordable. But be forewarned...even the lightest setting on these clamps is pretty tight, so probably not the best for absolute beginners!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Better than most

Nice change from the normal stuff here - - THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Lots of Great Ideas.

You have lots of great ideas. Some we have already been using. Others like the inner tube will be fun to try. That will make an interesting item.

DiversionDiversionalmost 19 years ago
Awesome imagination

Fantastic suggestions. My boyfriend and I are just trying this sort of fun, so inexpensive ways to play are always welcome. If you come up with more, please write about them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Brilliant!!

Thank you!!!

BlackmjckBlackmjckover 16 years ago
For the floggers

Might I also suggest your local craft or fabric store? Most of them these days sell both suede leather by the roll or the yard (in your choice of diameter) and deerskin as well, which is perfect for the beginner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

Wonderful ideas! Will be using them myself!

A little note...

A thin dow rod from a craft store or walmart makes a nice cane substitute. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Very good

I injoyed the suggestions and will definately be trying out the spatula one. I use a piece of trim off my desk for a cane and it works pretty well, although my flogger is a "proper" one from a sex shop. Well, she's worth it! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Hah!

I laughed out loud when you mentioned Gerald's Game. I don't blame you one bit.

Thanks for the article. I've tried many things you've mentioned, but your bicycle grip floggers are a great idea! I've just started to make my own leather gear because fetish store prices are crazy. I use leather belts of varying widths to make my own collars and cuffs. All you need is a leather punch and some rivets! I haven't even started to think beyond that, the possibilities are so endless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wonderful

i love your ideas. i am a 20 year old female college student, and no one seems to realize the expense involved in equipment and clothes and gear. spreader bars for my sub alone are really expensive. this article was really helpful, love the bicycle grip idea

m_painkillerm_painkilleralmost 13 years ago
BDSM

This was a quite impressive guidelines. However, as I've realized about 5 y.a., the period of experiments tends to be over soon enough. Then, usually people continue with there favorite activity - in my case it was a japanese bondage, shibari. As your skills are grows, you have to use more "professional" toys, even if you using it for fun only and with your own spouse. "Just a little rope burns" are unacceptable in this case. So, I've spent about $200 to bye a very good hemp ropes AND a nice how-to book of Douglas Kent, and I have to say - the experience is quit different!

DarkforebodingDarkforebodingover 12 years ago
Dollar store toys!

I love your article so much that I want to write a similar article with MORE ideas!

IanMooneIanMoonealmost 12 years ago
glad...

To hear the creativity of the art is alive and well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Very innovative information. I have two friends who experiment with BDSM all the time-your advice will certainly open doors for them (among other things). I just want to say thanks for sharing your advice-it'll help spice up my friends sex lives more than I can say.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you

I found this very informative. I will have my other half read this so maybe she can see I am not so bad after all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great tips!

Yes, thrift stores are recommended! We visit them often and find useful items for our BDSM adventures. If you go, especially check out their selection of womens belts. You can cut off the buckle with scissors and end up with an excellent strap for impact play for only a dollar or two. And some of them are genuine leather, too! The widest belts make the most noise and administer the least pain. The narrowest ones, especially if they're thick, are quieter and will leave lovely marks. Be careful, though, because they can cause real suffering if swung with full force.

CandiceCallaisCandiceCallaisalmost 8 years ago
Great tips

Love to do BDSM on a budget. My partner uses chopsticks and rubberband on my lips and clit. Feels amazing. He also uses nylon webbing and affixes clicking clamps to customize my body and completely immobilize me. I just submitted my first story. Check it out! It's under my user name and called Abduction.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Interesting. One other item you can do cheaply that my lady loves is 18 or 24 inch zip ties. 6 to 12 put together with a couple of zip ties and the square end. I wrapped the end with some duct take for a handle, but the bicycle handle would work quite well and probably look much nicer. Also you need to start slow and light because this can be really intense if too hard could cause welts or possibly blood.

also, a 3 foot 3/4 inch dowel rod 2 decent sized eyebolts can make a nice spreader bar. mine I bought some black duct tape to make it look nice. This is a floor only device.

If you want a device for above some good piping schedule 80 is what I purchased. drill holes in each end and install eyebolts. I have a hook screwed into my ceiling about 2 inches into the the ceiling joist. with some chain and 3 carabiners (double action only) to suspend the bar. if you are going to do this you need to test the rigging to ensure it will not fail during any fun. I do not use this to do any suspension without feet on the floor. I do not recommend you do suspension with this without some structural engineering understanding.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Interesting and I have a couple of additional suggestions.

similar to a flogger: got to hardware store and buy a package of 18 inch zipties, use 2 of them to tie together 6 to 12 together. Use some duct tape to make a handle. Had one of these for years.

bondage device for wrists.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous