All Comments on 'Amber Ch. 03'

by SkylerLuv

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
krick111mr1krick111mr1over 5 years ago
Loved it

Loved everything about it from the ups to the downs i hope this is not the end of these two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic!

Man alive, that was good! I loved it. I look forward to reading more of your work. Much love and many thanks.

stroudlestroudleover 5 years ago
Loved the whole series

This was full of drama with interesting characters, some who were a bit shady at times, that's OK it's part of what made it interesting.

It was sexy. While I assumed that Amber would get her girl in the end(because I'm always looking for the happy ending) you took us down a bumpy and twisty road for it to happen, brilliant.

So well written. I look forward to reading what you write next. Please continue writing.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
AMAZING

I wasn`t sure about the differing timelines continuing in parts 2 and 3, and tbh I`m still not, probably since the slow burn in parts 1 and 2 I was hoping for a faster paced storyline for the finale.

Having said that, its STILL a fascinating story, well worth reading :) and I don`t suppose the various timelines made it any easier to write!!

Lol, I actually thought of the old black and white gumshoe movies of the 50s and 60s whilst reading your tale.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to entertain us :)

alexwatson62@aol.com

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meover 5 years ago

I loved all three chapters but this one the most. Fabulous story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
perfectly PERFECT....!

wow I already love you SkylerLuv, this story is a knock out. awaiting for the next chapter I hope. and i'm anticipating it a cheezy,amazing romantic one. coz we are tired our own drama in life. this ones a breather.thank you so much.(cinder).post note: is it too much to ask for SCAR AND STACY's story? mmm just wishing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I adore it

Every single chapter, sentence and word of this story was amazing. I do not know what will I do without all these characters, every single one of them was so well written. Amber and Dani seem real. Their love seems so real. I also like the timeline because it keeps plot unpredictable. I can not wait to read more from you! Thank you

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
A good effort

Quite a decent crime/suspense tale making a good read. But when setting a story in different time-lines or flashbacks you need to be more careful about the division or you're in danger of confusing your readers. And confused readers might give up on your stories. There are several tricks you can use to be clear about time-lines etc: for example it can be as simple as having headings such as "Now" and "x months previously". It helps too to have such headings in bold text so that they stand out. This apart, Skyler, a good effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn...

I loved that story and I'm still waiting for the film...

3rd chapter could have gone on forever and I wouldn't have minded...

Just the distraction I needed and safer than alcohol 😉

But would be great to read about Scar and Stacy sometime as that sounds like a cracker too!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work Sky

Karamel111Karamel111over 5 years ago
Simply fantastic

I love this story so much.. please write more like this. Literally couldn't stop reading!

bravebombadierbravebombadierover 5 years ago
Yet again, superb!

Have to be honest and say that in this chapter I did find the time changes confusing, I had to think hard to figure where we were. Spoilt the read a little.

The story was brilliant though.

Another five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Brilliant writer

As a writer you are really brilliant. Because you know how to keep interest in people's mind. And readers are terrifyingly wanting to read more.So please respond to the feedback if you are reading or not.Please write.❤️

TSreaderTSreaderabout 5 years ago
A wonderful story!

I love the plot to this story all the way through! Well written and well done! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Clouded_yellowClouded_yellowalmost 5 years ago
Amazing talent!

You're an excellent writer who knows the craft well. I love all your stories however so far this is my favourite one!!

Please keep writing so we can continue to enjoy your journey as a writer... Loved it!!

Felaheen_08Felaheen_08over 4 years ago
Wonderful!

Beautiful and well-crafted story. Loved all the characters and there was enough tension. Also incredibly sexy! You could write screenplays :-)

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Wonderful

This is an amazing story and well written and as I was reading the story I felt part of it fantastic storyline and hope there are more stories to come back to read please SkylerLuv your stories are brilliant so please write soon thank you. xx

AngieLightHeart0AngieLightHeart0almost 4 years ago
Awesome but...

Why was Dani with Kelly the night She got shot? Why did Kelly come to the hospital? Was Dani cheating?

Ok enough negativity. A real feel good romance. Great characters and loads of action and suspense. Very well written. Wish I could rewind time and read it again for the 1st time. 5* defo not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Really Nice

I couldn't stop once I started... and that goes for all your stories. I've been reading all your stories and I must say am impressed. You are a really good writer. Can't believe I haven't noticed you before now. You know exactly how to keep a reader glued to the end.

I must say though, the back and forth on this story is really unique. At first, I didn't like it but then it caught on and added to the flare. I do have a lot of questions though, but overall its a really nice story. Thanks for sharing.

MigbirdMigbirdover 3 years ago
Itch

Have twice read your itch to write about an impossible love - crazy tense, poignant, erotic story, I am sure that I will read again. So very good, and now looking forward to anything from your pen.

beddybearbeddybearover 3 years ago
Fascinating

Great story

Dani's secrets could be frustating sometime , but she's doing them to protect her lover. Which add to the story.

Thanks for sharing

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

Fabulous ..... Great ...... Fantastic ....... Enchanting ....... So lovely ........ What a extraordinary tale nd thank you for the happy end ....... Wonderful please more of such tales amd more outof your talented thoughts and pencil

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love it. One of my favorite. We need more of this duo

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948almost 3 years ago

SkylerLuv,

This was a wonderful love story, but I think it suffered unnecessarily from grammatical errors and punctuation flaws. Given the chance, I would jump at the opportunity of editing it for you and I think the result could be a story worthy of your talents. I would be honored to be an editor for you for any of your currently published or soon-to-be-published stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Inconceivably toxic. It would have been so much better if they had just one mature conversation.

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

I kind of have to agree with the last Anonymous--the drama was good, and the timeskips were well-placed, but the core relationship between Amber and Dani was not at all healthy. Dani repeatedly ignored Amber's requests (very much including "stop touching me"), mentally abused her by jumping between long absenses and possessive rage, and kept her a virtual prisoner for two years. I dunno, maybe if we saw some more of an initial happy relationship Amber's feelings would make more sense, but as-is I'm not seeing romance so much as I am Stockholm Syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It is a beautiful love story between two women who have been stricken with each other from the start. I love the time skips and drama between the two protagonists, as I see Dani doing her utmost to protect Amber from the cruelty and brutality of the world she once inhabited. As for the Stockholm Syndrome comment of a previous poster, I fail to see that.

awr75bsawr75bsabout 2 years ago

Great Story!!! I read it straight through. The all characters became "alive" to me; and added their individual stories and personalities to make this one of the best Lit. stories I have read. Thank you for your creativity and effort.

turbo_geoduckturbo_geoduckover 1 year ago

WOW!!

What an amazing, well-written story! I can't wait for more!

Butch_BabyButch_Babyover 1 year ago

The more I read the more I loved. The bond and love they have, anyone would crave for. Love the characters. Love the story. Yes, they had trouble but they pulled through in the end. The passion and love won. What's more that's needed? Perfection at it's best. Thank you. 5*s is just not enough but.. *shrugs*

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

Great story, I could see a side story with Stacey and scar

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

Communication Theory is a branch of AI that every writer should study. It is, in effect, the science understanding how you're understood by those that you intend to influence. And it's very important for a writer to think carefully about every aspect of their writing *except* the story itself, that is, the craft. It covers everything about how a story is presented and how it is received by readers. Most all books by writers on writing talk about it. It's taught in most every writing program and every university.

And it definitely cramps many writers' styles. In essence, it tends to force writers to write the way that readers usually like to read. Sometimes that is claustrophobic. Writers love storytelling, but they also love their craft, the actual writing of the story. Good ones are as creative in their style as they are in their stories. But sometimes, writers get out of kilter in balancing style and storytelling, and the style can get in the way of telling (and hearing) the story. It's a fine line sometimes.

Over-styling more occurs when a writer decides to purposely tell a story in an unconventional way, and gets carried away with it.

Typical "ideas" that writers like to test themselves with are things like:

* Writing in an unexpected "person", such as 2nd person.

* Writing in an unexpected verb tensed, such as future tense or present tense.

* Writing in an expected ordering of text, like in reverse or split chronological order.

Virtually every writers tries these, sometime just to test or perfect their skills.

But one must decide just how unexpected those choice can be before they begin to disrupt the story itself, making it harder for readers. When stylistic choices become too great it has the effect of, what writing teachers call, "throwing the reader out of the story." By that, they mean that the reader begins to notice the style too much and finds themselves thinking about the writing style and not the story they're reading. This sort of writing tends to be well-received by other writers, because they can appreciate style and craft (and even learn from it), but ordinary readers usually see overly noticeable craft as a distraction.

This story, as presented, used two unexpected style choices together: present verb tense and disordered chronology. The two together, as times, felt like too much stylistic playing because I kept getting distracted by the style. But then toward the end, throwing in stylistic "bridging", meaning using the last paragraph wording (or idea) from one chronological section as a counterpoint opening for the next disordered section. That, for sure, threw me out of the story every time I saw it … because I found myself studying the word and sentence arrangements, much like I read poetry, which each time, bumped me out of the story for a minute or so. Poetry is, necessarily, a clear patchwork of meaning and styling.

I do not, in any way, claim this combination is wrong here. I only encourage writers to think carefully about how many and which unexpected stylistic choices they're going to throw at their readers at one time. Or said another way, just how hard they are going to make their readers work to follow the story.

Wow, that was very academic, and got away from me a bit.

In any case, the characters here were superb and not in the least confusing or difficult to grasp and the (eventually unwound) story was compelling and quite enjoyable to follow.

Bree_23Bree_2312 months ago

added to my favorites!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thought you putting moments outside of chronological order was good and easy to understand. There would have been more suspense though if you just started going in chronological order when Amber is close to seeing Dani getting shot. I really like the story overall and am a fan of your writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous