All Comments on 'Is it Cheating?'

by bigbeautiful

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
WH and prez, why care? hitting one point

1. it goes to competence - he is leader of superpower, secrets galore - and he can't keep a BJ secret?

2. it goes to hypocracy - "i feel your pain." did he feel his wife's pain at the humiliation of the exposure, even if she thot BJ were ok? (which i doubt.)

3. hypocracy II - a big deal had been made about his baptist church membership.

4. his lying - well we knew he was a politican, so duh, but did he have to be so dumb in lying to everyone? rub our faces in the lies? it indicates what he & his group thought of us.

5. it goes to the public example, "oh the pres does it." or "the prez says it isn't sex." "it is not sex, so forcing you is not rape."

6. it goes to self control - if he can't control his dick at his age, how is he control some other stupid urges he might have?

and there is a lot more i am not going into. granted the recent example was not the only one, from Jefferson and his slave down thru harding's mistress, marylyn & the kennedys it has happened. but this was stupid, embarrasing, immature and egregious.

bigbeautifulbigbeautifulalmost 19 years agoAuthor
Confused

Ok I might be getting old and losing my mind but I don't believe I understand what my article had to do with many of those items in that comment. Anyone want to clue me in?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
That guy really had built some things up to say -

but it got me to read your essay, so not all bad.

sherlock40sherlock40almost 19 years ago
A truly excellent essay.

It's nice to read something and find it reflects your own feelings so much. As I have said in several comments, what is so erotic about betrayal?

Thank you for the time and effort it took you to write this great essay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Wonderful, thoughtful article.

I really enjoyed the reading and the hours of thinking about it afterward--I read it this morning about 7am and it is now 8:30pm. I also think it is a wonderful compliment to Patrica51's article. Differing views but still discussing the same points. Thanks. JimDinMN

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
agree

I just wanted to let you know that I agree with what you said. Mostly. Cheating in all forms hurts the other. And other people shouldn't judge wether or not someone is cheating if they don't know by what rules they're relationship is going by.

However I think the public does have an interest in knowing wether those running and protecting our country aren't controlled by the head in thier pants. Sure what he did only embarrassed his family and the nation but what if it had been worse? Would he/she give away sensitive secrets for a bit of pleasure? Would he/she abuse thier power to get what they want? There is a reason why we hold those in power to a higher standard. It's so things like that will not happen.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowalmost 10 years ago
Does anyone really understand what happened?

I realize a porn site provides a tough crowd to convince that anything to do with sex should be treated as more than "don't judge; live and let live, etc." , but someone should learn a little actual history.

"Slick Willie" (his friends's nickname for the former president), lied about the definition of "is having sex" with an intern working in his White House during a deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment trial. He committed perjury, a felony, by lying to a federal judge to prevent Jones from getting her day in court. The fact that his wife, who undoubtedly had political motivations to try and help quash or downplay the criminal act, decided to publically "forgive him" is pretty much irrelevant to that.

Plus there were several other accounts from other credible women who went public stating he had harassed or even coerced them into performing sexual acts.

It's a frightening thing that so many people bought the organized political propaganda campaign to convince them that "it's just about sex!".

notredame43notredame43almost 7 years ago
read this

you're essay iguess and this article in j nymag both shed light on how some,females in particular seem to think they can and should be allowed to have sex with whoever they will and it should be accepted. not bashing you just reminding me of the most disgusting case of cuckolding apologist article. just Google nymag cuckold and read it . you did well, the eunuch writer for nymag him i wish to shoot

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous