All Comments on 'The Call Girl and the Businessman Ch. 04'

by subtlekiss

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
MaZeWMaZeWover 5 years ago

After the first chapter I was intrigued and somewhat confused by Lila. By now I really like the story and am curious how it continues.

Hope to see the next chapter soon.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you, MaZeW.

I'm glad that you like the story. When I wrote the character Lila, in my mind I had a character who was full of life but afraid; hard-hearted but sensitive; muddled-up yet trying to fit in while being true to herself. She became a paradox of sorts and whilst I immensely enjoyed the writing process, much of what I wrote, I did not expect. The writing took a life of its own. I felt like I was a witness to an unfolding story. Strange, but then I'm quite a nutty person myself :p

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
again...unbelievable

How are you able to describe me and my girlfriend so well...and from her perspective to where I can now understand her so much better? Thank you again for this story and for telling it from Lila's perspective. You either know about us or you are her...although this is us, albeit in metaphor, or you have had the same life in some alternative way.

And I must say...the revelation this story has brought to me about her is working.

We both lost our life partners a bit over 2 years ago and found each other about 6 months ago...it's been difficult, as you can imagine, stuttering false starts, wrong expectations, but somehow we wind up in each others arms again and again. I find that I can't stop loving her, she takes my breath away with who she is and how she has overcome the set backs in her life. She makes me want to be a better man than I've been. Yes...sometimes I scare her with my intensity and gruff behavior. She runs away at times but we always seem to come back to each other. Mostly...I have not understood her needs, she has a hard time articulating them, but these stories have given me the insight I've needed to find out what and what not to do for her.

Thanks

A Treat

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
I'm rooting for the both of you.

I'm really touched, I'm so sorry to hear that both of you have gone through such pain and suffering, but I'm glad for you have found each other time and time again. I like to think that love transcends everything else and that feelings are universal. I think that once we overcome that hurdle -fear and loss- almost everything is possible. I'm rooting for the both of you. Your real-life love story is amazing. I now have the privilege of knowing both you and your girlfriend, and I'm enriched by this experience.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgerover 5 years ago
l can hear Roy Orbison

Pretty woman walkin' down the street

Pretty woman, the kind I like to meet

Pretty woman, I don't believe you

You're not the truth

truthseeker40truthseeker40over 5 years ago
I enjoyed your style!

As a new writer in this space, I look for works from other authors to gain some inspiration for my own feeble attempts at creating stories. I enjoyed the pace that you set and the superb character development. Someday perhaps, I can come close to what you have already achieved!

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments :)

It's always heart-warming to hear from both readers and fellow writers alike. To Truth Seeker, I hope to read your story soon. I think that once we get over the first story, the rest comes easier :)

I had not thought of it, Artfull Codger, yes, the Pretty Woman song does ring a bell :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Creative, Imaginative, Whimical and Heart-Wrenching

Subtlekiss,

I must process that I am a bit of a connoisseur of literary romance novels and novella, and never have I read with such passion and fervor a story of such intense emotional and psychological heartache, such fervent desire and such mysterious intrigue. I am inherently drawn to the characters and yearn to see how their paths intertwine and they become both each other’s undoing and their own salvation. Please continue to write this wonderful masterpiece and share your amazing literary talent with the world.

~Marilou Weathersby

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you Marilou

Dear Marilou, I really appreciate that you think highly of my work. Writing has always been part of me, and I try to write whenever I can. I hope that I can live up to your expectations :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
is there

Going to be more? Been waiting for the next chapter...hoping for it SOON.

A Treat

subtlekisssubtlekissover 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your patience

I have a draft version of Chapter 5 ready, but I would have to edit it for clarity. I have this tendency to rephrase whole paragraphs. Sometimes it's good, but sometimes it's bad as it's time-consuming. I hope to post it tomorrow, and I understand that after posting it would take about 3 days for it to be published :) Thank you for waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You made me feel something deep

The character development is simply superb. It is realistic and to some extent painful to watch them interact with one another, because what they do not show each other is their profound feelings for the other. Maria

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodalmost 5 years ago
Okay, You Have Me Hooked.

I have to say that I almost stopped reading this series of stories in the first story. I enjoy a good romance with a strong storyline, but I wasn’t prepared for the depth of this tail. At this point, I would finish reading this novella if it were a six hundred page novel.

The deep rooted pain you bring to light in the two main characters is absolutely palpable. I am bleeding figuratively right along with them. Your writing skills are enviable to a novice writer such as myself. You should be very proud of this novella. Please keep writing. I look forward to reading all of your work.

Sincerely,

Woodbgood c

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Old fashioned beauty

It feels like an 18th century romance. Wonderful.

subtlekisssubtlekissover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the heartwarming comments. I have not been writing for some time now but I do hope to be able to do so again. Reading reader's comments always motivates me. To know that my stories have made an impact, hopefully for the better :) May they inspire and stay a little longer with you.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

This chapter is truly great writing. It's past 3am and i am truly engaged.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersubtlekiss@subtlekiss
188 Followers
Writing stories have always been a passion of mine. I believe in a love which can heal; a love which can strengthen; and in a love which is desire and passion. When we open up our hearts to love, we see a colourful world of endless possibilities; peppered with everlasting joy....