All Comments on 'A Joyful Irony'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice.

Another good one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thanks!

I graduated from a Maryland high school in the 70's. Our 50th reunion will arrive soon. This gives me some hope. I appreciate it!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
Sweet story

Thank you. That was an enjoyable story.

SpottedDog2018SpottedDog2018over 5 years ago
Old farts finally getting their mojo

Senior romance seems to be humorous at first, but then the reality is most couples start having the "death do us part" kick in and a genuine concern of loneliness and loss of intimacy, depression and possible despair begin. It is nice they aren't wasting time with youthful indecision and angst. They both realize that their relationship can go better now that a lifetime of experiences has prepared them for this second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I can relate

My 50th is tomorrow, so many years, joyful and regrettable.

I love happy endings!

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 5 years ago
Nice

Sweet and comfortable story. One never knows what the future holds. Thanks for sharing.

Richie4110Richie4110over 5 years ago
Another wonderful story

I love 💕 these senior stories where true love is discovered. Now I want to believe that they lived happily ever after.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why would he think that having sex with a 68 year old girl who turned him away 50 years ago would be great? She would be all wrinkles!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Since he is a “buff” 68 year old why is he hitting on a 68 year woman. Women of her age have fragile bones. If they have sex, he will probably break a few of her bones. Our hero should be hitting on 50 year olds from the classes of the 1980’s.

trigudistrigudisabout 2 years agoAuthor

Why is our hero hitting on a 68-year old woman? If you saw the woman I based the character Jill on, you'd know why. Facebook allowed me a peak inside her high school reunion, and "Jill" looked exactly as described, well preserved. I could hardly believe it myself. But it wasn't just that. Dennis, our hero, older, wiser and more confident than he was as a teen, wanted some kind of reconciliation, a make-up for Jill's rejection all those years ago. He got that. Remember, he was up there in age himself and realistic enough to know that most hot younger woman, unless you're a rock star (in the generic sense), don't want much to do with a man old enough to be their dad or grand-dad.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
724 Followers
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...

SIMILAR Stories