All Comments on 'Schoolies Week'

by ChloeTzang

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Illustrating your stories

Chloe i thorougly enjoy your stories and want to thank your for keeping them fresh and hot at the same time.

There is a tumblr “internetslutclub” and the woman artist who draws it, is amazing, please take a look and you will se how the characters in your stories are very accurately represented there!

I’m Not affiliated to that tumblr or the artist in any way but once i saw her art i immediately associated both your stories and her drawings.

Thanks again for your great work!

dwoelfledwoelfleover 5 years ago
I loved it and laughed with it

Funny and cute coming of age story. The drunk scenes had me laughing away. Loved it.

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 5 years ago

A rollicking bollocking, Chloe!

The coppers must have been off duty, they'd have booked the boys in the back of the ute ;).

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 5 years agoAuthor
The back of the site?

Really? That’s illegal? I saw that in the country outside of Adelaide so I went with it for the story. What about in the back of a panel van?

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMeover 5 years ago

It's been way too long since I last read any ChloeTzang. I'd forgotten just how hot your stories are. Your stream of concious style is so detailed - like you're recording the firing of every single synapse in the narrator's brain. And just the authenticity in this one. It's hard to believe you're not actually Australian. I mean, maybe a native could pick it apart, but I felt totally emersed as a foreigner.

I imagine a lot of the research got done while you were writing "Dead Heart", but knowing you cranked this story out in less than a week (while organizing the last days of the anthology) just amazes me. I am in awe.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 5 years ago

Had to read your story since the sunburned country event was your idea. Great job with the Aussieness. I was waiting for the girls to spend the arvo sculling passion pop on the beach and playing a few rounds of goon of fortune! Fun times. You’ll probably give modern toolies high expectations of actually scoring though ;)

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Hilarious

Great fun read, loved the simple joy throughout and thankful that it didn't turn nasty, thank you Chloë. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I loved it

The Aussie theme just works, and the story is up to your usual standards. The voting system here is broken - I want to give it a ten and it only goes to five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great read

This is the first of your stories I've read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The lazy Susan scene was a classic. I don't like to nitpick but you may have gone overboard with the Australian vernacular. A lot of the stuff you used is hilarious but not really in common usage e.g. drongo, root rats etc. I also think you'd be hard pressed to find XXXX beer in Sydney. You almost lost me with the Ute. That would be illegal everywhere in Australia except in someone's paddock. Dux of North Sydney Girls High? Not impressed with their sex education. Birth Control? STDs? I hope she used a condom with Mark.

ishtatishtatover 5 years ago
Good Fun

Good fun story, froth and bubble stuff - well told. Mebbe you could have cut one or two scenes but mebbe not. Well done.

joeytheroojoeytherooover 5 years ago
Thanks for a great story again.

And thanks also for still putting stories on Lit.

I hope we might see Ching Ching and Mark in parts 2-10.

You either have a very active imagination or a wonderful real life.l think the later and am so jealous. Your stories get better and better and I hope your book publishings go from strength to strength, you deserve it for adding so much pleasure to the world.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 5 years ago
Busy Girls...:+)) What's not to love?

I was kind of hoping she'd like one well enough...that he'd earn a day or few!

Your research and language is phenomenal.

Now...howzabout the story of your adventures while researching this story? :+))

I'm salivating already! :+)))

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love your work

Good stuff! when can we expect the next instalments of Mistaken Identity? Really enjoyed it!

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 5 years agoAuthor
Next installments of Mistaken Identity?

I'm planning right not to finish "Shanghai Candy" in January and "The Final Night" in February but when they're available depends on the publisher. After that, I'm planning the first three novels in an erotic SF series ("Penetration Testing", "Protected Access" and "Insertion Force."). Hopefully it'll sell because I have a twelve book series mapped out. On LIT, I'm going to shoot for a story each month through next year, mostly followups on existing series that I've left hanging. Jeong Park, Chinese Takeout and Happy Birthday (2 chapters each in that order). Boiled down, I'm shooting for one 80-100k words novel and one 20-30k story on LIT each month right through next year. About 1.5 million words, writing part-time. Aim high and you might miss, but you'll be closer than if you aimed low. Anyhow, I'm on Facebook and I post a bit more on what I;m doing there, so search for ChloeTzang on FB and Friend me or follow me and you'll get the updates and you can ask away. And push me!!! :)

hhhcd12345hhhcd12345over 5 years ago
Fun read

That was a fun read. Looking forward to what you have next for us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun read to an extent

Have always loved or greatly liked all your stories. This one as well but couldn't keep withh the Aussie talk and slang so i found it a little difficult to keep going.

gordo12gordo12over 5 years ago
God I love your writing.

Just about fell off my chair laughing over this one:

"at least I didn't stand out like a dog's balls"

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Name change

Is it just me or did Bryce become Lachlan in this story? I could swear the pair were Jase & Bryce in that scene.

oldandpastitoldandpastitover 1 year ago

laughed myself to tears

mcrr2225mcrr2225about 1 year ago

Great story as always. You need to add an Aussie dictionary for the terms used though.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChloeTzang@ChloeTzang
3227 Followers
Well, my new novella, "Draft Deferment" is now available on Amazon - And if you want to find out more about what I'm writing, you can find me on Facebook, * * * * * * * * * * Chloe is half chinese-vietnamese, half-white, lives somewhere in the USA. Work as an ER Nurse so I s...