All Comments on 'Discriminating'

by Goldeniangel

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Yours

These are your views, assumptions and conclusions - that you are entitled to as part of your experience.

Interesting that you didn't touch on jealousy and insecurity as affecting bias?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Dull and Dumb

I apreciate your well intentioned effort, but perhaps you should study the subject a bit more and do a rewrite. OF COURSE we have prejudice, it is inescapable. Forming an opionion about soneone's potential as a threat on the street is a survival trait. What do you want to copule holding hands to do, kick the sleeper guy! "The homeless" is a catch-all term which encompases dozens of problems, including the trend away from agressively treating metall illness, to drup and alcohol abuse and the reluctance of most Americanms to do anything to stop it, to the fagility of our households and homes!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Good Motive

I dont disagree with the overall theme here as I think most people are against discrimination. However, there are lots of forces in play other than our conscience that have polluted the landscape. Like our government for one.

I am half Hawaiian and when I applied for student aid for college I put down "Asian/Pacific Islander." And I didnt get shit. So the next semester I put down "Native American" because Hawaiians are in essence that, and lo and behold......JACKPOT. Isnt that discrimination? And what the hell is our govt doing picking sides like that anyway. It should be based on need and need alone. But in some warped minds the ends justify the means regardless. The same can be applied to gender. Men are physically superior to women in terms of strength and stamina. Just look at sports....men do everything faster, longer, quicker, and higher. Just compare an NBA game to a WNBA game and there you have it. But in order to "level the playing field" women in physically demanding jobs such as fire fighter or law enforcement get the bar for physical requirments lowered while men dont. Isnt that discrimination? Never mind that the pursuit of this diversity endangers the woman and her co workers and in turn the public. If the woman can do what a man can do, without lowering the bar, then I am all for their inclusion. But fixing the game so they can play is just another form of discrimination.....something our govt shouldnt be in the business of doing for anybody anyway and makes the topic even more divisive and explosive.

owletowletover 17 years ago
America - gotta love it

Hm, interesting. Especially the fact that you have to tell people your ethnic group in forms and applications. Now how backwards is that? I mean, what does your skin colour have to do with your qualifications or your ability to abide by the law? In Germany (where I live) nobody cares what colour your skin is. And that people are afraid of gay people? Why? I've got gay friends of both genders, and I'm not the only straight friend they have. I'm not saying that these kinds of problems don't exist here - they do - but not that bad. There are people who detest foreigners but they are a very small (and stupid IMO) minority. If it's really as bad in America as you wrote - I thank God that I'm European!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I don't pretend

It's like I tell the people I insult. I'm not racist, I discriminate equally.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
You are so stupid

there is nothing wrong with being caution around people, I know I am, even if it was YOU!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
TO THE LAST POSTER....

ASSHOLE. STUPID. SHIT-FOR-BRAINS.

G.ANGEL., Please Ignore The Naysayers. You've Made Valid Points, If Not Totally Accurate.

Still, A Good Start.

ALAIN

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGoldeniangel@Goldeniangel
12560 Followers
For my erotic romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/AngelNewsletter For my erotica / fetish / dark romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/SinistreNewsletter Website: www.goldenangelromance.com You may notice some of my stories have disappeared... some of them will be s...