All Comments on 'April in Paris'

by Wyden Long

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
SLC-OhioSLC-Ohioalmost 19 years ago
it goes astray

I have many fond memories of CDG airport, and Paris. I read this tale hoping to be reminded of some of those memories. Forget that. The locational tidbits are insufficient for any lover of Paris. Worse, CDG airport is so far from Paris that air passengers typically have no view of the downtown landmarks. I know that I, personally, haven't seen those after 10 flights in and out of CDG. As far as Paris goes, the author might have just as well as chosen Liverpool.

Plot? Story line? Not much of that either. Ok, the vocabulary / syntax / structure is allright, but nothing really happens, at least nothing that is either exciting or credible.

Amsterdam would have been a better choice, things really are different there. A dog collar and a leash might get by the Dutch, but not the French airport security. My guess is that the author didn't consider the reality of upgraded security following terrorism.

It's June now, and I will allow myself to dream of French women walking the streets, as we sip white wine at the Bistro across from Notre Dame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hurry Back!

Dear Wyden Long,

First may I tell you that your ‘given’ and ‘family’ names break me up!

I have recently discovered your body of work and must say how thoroughly refreshing a rollicking read you are! Facets of your writing style that I most enjoy are the mature male perspective, the inner dialogue, the first person narrative character-driven storylines, and the unique humourous polish that unfailingly make them shine: for what is love/lust/sex/lovemaking absent humour!

I note your last submission is June of this year.

Trusting you are on vacation and will return to us soon!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous