All Comments on 'Genie Chronicles Ch. 00: Prologue'

by Joe Brolly

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
neat

looks promising... keep up the good work...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
anticipation!

Looking forward to the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Awesome

Ever read the notes on the back of a book and you instantly have to buy it .... Come on dawg ... dont make me wait till i get home till i can read my book ... cough up the first chapter

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
"Well, shit!"

Good intro! That's exactly what I would say, hahaha. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
... and I almost didn't read this!

Very dang nice, dude! Good presentation, nice pacing -- and unlike in most tales I've seen, you actually had the guy work to get access to "The Item of Power (TM)". <g> So glad to see a story where some schlepp doesn't just get ahold of a puzzle box, enslaving rings or free a trapped alien and suddenly have the world (aka: naked, blimp-titted bimbos) set in his lap. Kudos, man!

Khyranleander

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
amusing

Good prologue but why isn't it just part of the first chapter? Assuming there will be a bit more characterization once he has some real dialog I look forward to reading more. The note at the beginning put me off a bit as it seems to indicate that the rest of the writing is just a strokefest for the 5 paragraphs of sex to 5 words of plot people who either want to jerk off every 5 minutes or read REALLY slow.

shiresashiresaalmost 19 years ago
amusing

Good prologue but why isn't it just part of the first chapter? Assuming there will be a bit more characterization once he has some real dialog I look forward to reading more. The note at the beginning put me off a bit as it seems to indicate that the rest of the writing is just a strokefest for the 5 paragraphs of sex to 5 words of plot people who either want to jerk off every 5 minutes or read REALLY slow.

weiqiweiqiover 18 years ago
Prologue so good, I'm worried I'll be let down!

Beautifully written prologue, incuding the way the intro teases the reader about skipping to chapter one. (Only minor copy edit type suggestion: after it is so clearly established that Jack is now totally enthralled by the box and the puzzle, it seems no longer current to say he is "unsure of why he was now so obsessed with solving the puzzle.")

Anyway, the prologue is so good, I am trying to keep myself from being dissappointed if the writing is no up to the level of Faulkner, Wolff, Styron, or Alice Munro. Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Whew

awesome

GreyJoker07GreyJoker07over 15 years ago
Excellent

Great prologue, I can tell this is going to be a great story.

srgeeksrgeekover 14 years ago
The last line is great!

The last line is great, short, succinct with visceral impact.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Dry opinion

Interesting

TargeT_PsYTargeT_PsYover 12 years ago
"Well, Shit!"

This is one hell of a start to a hopefully great story. And just to let you know, if for no other reason, I'd continue reading for that last paragraph.

(^_^)

Blessed Be

wuz2bluwuz2blualmost 11 years ago
Intriguing!

Excellent beginning! Thank you for the "warning" at the beginning that there was no sex in this. It let me sit back and enjoy the story as it unfolded. I am eager to read the next piece.

Very good writing, by the way. Plausible indeed, and i am most grateful that he didn't just "accidentally" come across the correct solution. The method he used was much more interesting to read about. [Please forgive any puns; they are unintentional.]

wuz2bluwuz2blualmost 11 years ago

Excellent beginning! Thank you for the "warning" at the beginning that there was no sex in this. It let me sit back and enjoy the story as it unfolded. I am eager to read the next piece.

Very good writing, by the way. Plausible indeed, and i am most grateful that he didn't just "accidentally" come across the correct solution. The method he used was much more interesting to read about. [Please forgive any puns; they are unintentional.]

Lastly, i am really enjoying your characters. They seem so lifelike, i can easily imagine meeting (and liking) them in real life.

Please keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
WARNING!

This is a rather good story but has been left UNFINISHED! I strongly suggest you do not continue to read because you will be left disappointed. The author hasn't even given a single update in years. If you dont believe me I suggest you skip to the last chaper and there you'll find out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
@WURS

How arrogant. Perhaps helpful to the few who read the comments first to let the, know it is unfinished, but bitter and presumptuous to tell other readers not to read 28 chapters just because it is unfinished. Sometimes the journey is worth it anyway.

There is a line from a good country song:

And I could have missed the pain,

But I'd have had to miss the dance.

Let readers make their own decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thanks a Lot for the Warning!!

I HATE it when I am really into a good story and am left hanging. I will not go any further and will delete this from my list of possible reads. Lynn

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lynn isn't the sharpest

He clearly states that he has already written ch: 1 and all you had to do was read that for where it immediately picks up...

soapmactavishsoapmactavishover 10 years ago

Hey anonymous, Lynn was speaking about the fact that the whole story is unfinished and not about the chapter. And its true too, so much potential in this story and......

Damn..!!!

MrCudouMrCudouabout 10 years ago
This story changed my life

I have no words for this. Its been years since I first read it, and I just re-read it again for the third time. It is a bit sad to see that there is no official end to the story, but the ride was always worth it. There is nothing like this at all (unless you've read "Hero's Journey"). I would recommend this story and Hero's Journey by PacoFear to anyone who hasn't read them. Just give this story a shot, you'll fall in love with it in no time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good Intro

A very well r=written and constructed into to your story. I'm looking forward to reading about what comes out of, or with, the box.

ChamkeyChamkeyabout 8 years ago
Finally

I originally read this story about 9 years ago, I remember it being incomplete at the time. I think that's the reason why I left it. Starting last year I thought about it often. Could not for the life of me remember the title, just that the genie was my fantasy girl for a long time.

Suddenly today I remembered the words "hold us right there!" and here I am.

Thank you for writing that scene.

sviedsviedabout 7 years ago
Good open

excited to see where this goes.

OzTimboOzTimboover 5 years ago
Wonderful Story

I found the Genie Chronicles to be a fantastic read. Exciting, inventive and very erotic. I couldn’t put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Michael56Smith

Well written, with no typos or word gaffs that so detract from very many of these wonderful Literotica stories. This prequel chapter was all about setting the stage, and was without any sex scenes, but there were to be a truck load of wonderous sexual fantasies to cum in the following chapters, so it was worth the wait! I only wish Joe would someday return, and finish this tale with about 50 or 100 more lovely, magical, and stimulating chapters. Please Joe! Thank you for the 28+ chapters that you shared with us, they are delicious!

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Just starting this story for the second time. Looking forward to the re-read!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I was reading along and enjoying myself when using his computer to open the box got my interest more than it was earlier. Interesting thoughts and Jacks internal dialog with his musings was very entertaining as I am sure most people’s personal thoughts would tend to be at times. Is saw it was near the end of the chapter so I was getting ready to close things up after the last paragraph or so. That last line was so unexpected yet it was so poignant and echoed what I believe most of us would think was happening when you opened something that was cooked in such a difficult and unusual manner to then get blasted in the face with pink smoke/gas, it was the perfect comment to bring it all together.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Well, shit!" indeed. A concise summary of life, even better than "So it goes." Less family-friendly though (your mileage and family may differ.)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous