All Comments on 'Cold'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Pithy, Strong and...

... dare I say it? Cold.

Brilliant, as always.

stev2244stev2244about 5 years ago

Very good, 5*. You know that we need a longer Wendigo story now, right?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fucking goddamn awesome

5 Stars!!

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Seems more like the touch of Lovecraft

The Wendigo may catch us all in 2022! Beautifully done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Loved It!

I had the pleasure of a pre-read on this. Only gets better on a re-read.

Crusader235Crusader235about 5 years ago
Cold

Excellent Todd, five stars! I laugh at the weather readers as their heads explode when a polar vortex heads south. Stay warm!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Got

Sounds like you watch Game of Thrones!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well that was just cold blooded

And while I have read things by Poe and the like, it does nothing for me. I can admire the well crafted prose. But the message is both unwelcoming and dark. That is the case with this story. I recognize good writing. But the story wasn't entertaining. Not what I expect from this site. You can write and are one of the better authors on this site. This just wasn't my cup of tea and I, for one, am NOT looking forward to the march event. Never been a horror fan. Thanks for the effort.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
Spooky stuff

Sadly, someone didn't notice that the category up at the top was "Erotic Horror." I am very much looking forward to the March event, and it seems fairly simple to me that those who do not admire a good horror story can just read something else. I can't imagine a better way to kick it off. Well done. Randi.

FabGMxFabGMxabout 5 years ago
5*****

Who wanna hear a crazy idea? Now i can this mental picture of a crossover between The Shack/Lovecraft... could be an old operation with the Coronel, Pogo, Monster (I or II), etc, the most classified operation in the files of the Shack... the one that nobody talks even in their nightmares.

Other than that if any doesnt know i recomend "The Wendigo" of Algernon Blackwood, its classic horror tale somewhat lost for many.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Another author, more mainstream

Since you are a Lovecraft fan, you might look at the Wamphyrii cycle by Brian Lumley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very cold

Look at some Wendigo art before you read this story. Your skin will get goosebumps and just crawl. Definitely grabs you.

Thanks!!

CSD2CSD2about 5 years ago
That Terrible Old Man

Needs his tale told. Seems he met this ancient evil up close and personal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
?

Where was the story?

newtinmplsnewtinmplsalmost 5 years ago
I like it...

I'd like to see more backstory... 'cause I know that it's itching somewhere in the back of your brain <g>

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
little ice age

There was a period called the little ice age. The Thames froze over and there were widespread famines and revolutions. It lasted from the early 1300s to the mid-1800s. The medieval warm period was just before. During that period, the sun was unusually quiet (low sunspot number, a period known as the "Maunder minimum"). The sun is quiet again and there is speculation that we are entering into another cold period. My worry is that we have spent so many resources on the global warming hoax that we will not be able to deal with the real crisis.

Grimjack01Grimjack01about 4 years ago
Bit of Lovecraft in here

I got a chill reading this, reminds me northern P.A. and New York. Go there and at night in mid winter the wind blowing through the Northern evergreen forests, you get a soul chill. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting

The mythology of the Wendigo (aka Windigo) persists in native people northern tribes. There is acknowledgment of the Windigo within Michigan’s Isle Royale National Park as the Park’s headquarters is located at Windigo. Truly creepy stuff: cold, starvation, and cannibalism!

jimjam69jimjam69about 3 years ago

I find Native American mythology very interesting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I will be the first to admit that I have no grasp of Native American Mythology. So I'm guessing that most of what is between the lines I just don't "see" or something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Suspect this story was void of any human interests. I found little to grasp hold of or reflect upon.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Having to look up a few terms along with my reading I found this and interesting store of folklore or maybe reality of a time past that may still be there to be repeated in a time to come. Remember all folklore usually has some basis in fact.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief11 months ago

Don't like the cold, it's why I live in the South.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Terrible but true.

Doc Spirit 3

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
4170 Followers
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories