All Comments on 'Story Tags and Searches'

by wishfulthinking

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
helpful

ive gone through the same thing. ive read a story and then gone back to find it months later and cant this should really help authors with that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
me too

I have also faced that problem of locating the story unless i keep a details.

Alien47Alien47over 18 years ago
Yeah!

All authors should be made to read this - I did it voluntarily!

And I'll try to do better, honest!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good info/ideas

I hope literotica adopts these ideas. I like mfm stories, and sometimes, I find they are listed under group sex, not gay male (I am not assuming the men are gay, infact, I prefer them to be straight). It's just hard to find the stories under group sex. How about a double listing literotica? under both categories? (maybe this is already being used. I am a newer reader on literotica).

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Pass it on

Thanks!! This was much needed. Hope you got something started.

How about everybody passing the word on to refer to this article. Maybe more folks can add on to it too.

If you use it for a guide for you own stories then tell everyone you did.

SleepyXSleepyXover 18 years ago
Word

of advice:

when I find a particularly good story, I save it to my computer .... the next best thing is to remember the author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
idiot

idiot just save the story or is that too college boy for you to figure out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Site Search

There's a search engine here??

wishfulthinkingwishfulthinkingover 18 years agoAuthor
Thankyou!

To the kind soul that emailed me the story tile and member name. It was TheOrchid! I was sooo close.

MichelleLovesToMichelleLovesToover 18 years ago
Thank You

A topic I'm very interested in -- my mind goes blank when it comes time to do the tags.

sacksackover 18 years ago
Thanks....

for an informative list. I saved this story immediately, as I find the story tags limiting. Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Favorites

People (especially authors) should add this to their favs list; that way, if you do a.) favorites list hopping b.) story tag searching and/or c.) writing, others are bound to come across this.

DevilOrAngelDevilOrAngelover 15 years ago
LIFE SAVER FOR FIRST TIME STORY SUBMITTER

Thank you for throwing out so many examples of story tags would never have thought to put safe sex as a story tag.And you're reight LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION Don't think my Halloween scavenger hunt would have been as sexual at church compared to the fraternity. Thanks again HMMMM although that is a good ideal ahem I'll be back :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Just so you know..

At the end of every story it shows the tags that the author clips to their stories. Keep this in mind when reading stories, it becomes helpful if you can't remember author's or their story names.

Hime_HimikoHime_Himikoover 14 years ago
Thanks for the great search advice!

Very helpful, especially when you are a newbie. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
do you happen to know....

if that story by theOrchid still exists on wikipedia? i just tried searching for it in the members index, but i can't find the account.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Meaningless

The tags Novels/Novellas I find meaningless.

They simply mean 'long' with no indication of content.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Did you ever find that story?

FallenAlfarFallenAlfaralmost 12 years ago
I don't know if you find this odd

but I laughed my ass off reading this so i might be easily amused. Thanks for the tips, if i EVER submit anything I'll be sure to use this info.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Taking and Making of Melanie

That's the title of the story, but I can't find it anymore. It was one of my favorites! I wish I knew the author's name so I could ask him/her to put it back up and add more chapters!!!

astuffedshirt_pervastuffedshirt_pervover 11 years ago
The taking and making of melanie is still up

It is by Theorchid .

69plus169plus1about 10 years ago
MMF vs MFM

I would like to add that it is very frustrating to search stories for ones with bisexual men under MMF and find what is really MFM.

Writers please learn the difference! If the M's touch so do the characters!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

i can't believe 68 people favorited this! it is totally lame (i might read the story, though) to have so little imagination that you must refer to a guide to find a story. by the way people, when you DO find a good story, the bookmark feature will make it easy to find it again. Or, you can right-click, select 'save as' and save the whole page, Orrrr, right-click, select print, and have the luxury of reading it anytime you're in the mood! get a clue, people. p.s. if you read a great story (remembering the author, another find method, by the way), click on the author's name, and see what other great stories they have written. (sigh), i wish i could write.

Dirty_MindedDirty_Mindedabout 9 years ago
Response

Anonymous (12/17/2014),

You're correct, you don't know how to write, but then you don't know what the hell you are talking about either, so it really doesn't matter much in this case. The first problem with your writing is you don't even know when to capitalize words. Second, even though Literotica automatically called it a story, it really is an article submitted by the author.

If you ask me, the article happens to be a useful, very basic tag list for newbies, who are having difficulty finding stuff within their interests.

I have been using computes to view porn in one form or another for a long time now, so when it comes to hunting down the stuff that interests me I'm really good at it. I found your description of your methods to be very basic, which to me means it is just as if, "The kettle were calling the pot black!" Yes, it's an old saying, but it basically means you, yourself are lame!

I wish I were a writer too. I'm working on it, because I have ideas for somewhere over 40 different stories.

Lord__JimLord__Jimalmost 8 years ago
rxm76

Sounds like "Her Fiance's Father" by rxm76. I have just skimmed it but it seemed like the main character was a pretty interesting rogue and I plan to go back and read it when I get a chance.

You've got me curious. Let me know if this is it.

Lord__Jim

mikeswivesmikeswivesover 7 years ago
Literotica Management Take Note - Collect User Feedback

This essay is important because it addresses one valuable improvement needed. There are other recommendations or alternatives that easily come to mind. On a positive note, the search engine upgrade a while back was good, but still could be tuned a bit more. One of my pet peeves is misspelled tags or two tags of identical meaning. But going into examples here would be distracting when there is so much more to consider.

Literotica likes to run contests, so why not have a contest of suggestions on improving the site? Admittedly, the airing of deficiencies might be a little embarrassing, but after suitable time for collecting comments, ratings and "favorites", the collected submissions could be retired as changes and improvements would make them outdated anyhow.

And, of course, comments on improvements from Anonymous would be prohibited :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
More feedback

I wish there was a completed story filter option. It sucks to read a fabulous story get to the end and realize the author hasn't finished and/or updated the story in months or years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Its frustrating when your search efforts do not deliver what you want!!!!!!

But even worse is when you know the story name and using the "exact" words does not return the story. Sometimes, on more than one occasion, the search function seems to go on vacation. And nothing will help.

But this is still my favorite erotica site , even if it is free.

quelthiasquelthiasover 4 years ago
Searches Guide

It is what what was advertised. And very needed as I find this site difficult to navigate (why is search so far down on the index?)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

panty pooping spanking

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Years ago the search engine here included an advanced search with check boxes for the different tags/categories and it was actually pretty nice to use. I do not know why but at one point they “updated” the site and the advanced search functions stopped working all together and the current search engine sucks. I’ve practically stopped visiting Literotica most of the time because of it.

The moral of this comment: Bring back the search engine they had 10 years ago and this site would be 150% better

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank You!

Currently easier and far more effective to search with an external search engine (DDG, Google, whatever) than to use the current in site search.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous