All Comments on 'Separate Lives Pt. 03'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 467 Comments
cdog21cdog21over 18 years ago
Very Nice

Before anyone else says anything I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed this series just like your other one. I hope that in your future endevors you can keep it at this level of enjoyment and passion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You did it again

2 stories - 2 winners. Keep it up. And yes, I'm a sucker for happy endings

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow

Good story, darn good story.

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Great Story

This was an excellent story (in my opinion) except for the comments I left in part two and the following comments.

Just like I suspected in part 2, the reader did not need to be bothered with what Melissa was writing in her diary. It was totally irrelevant to Ron and the advancement of the plot.

Ron seemed a little too forgiving in this part.

Melissa kept referring to Sherrie's twins as her roommates as if she knew her diary would be immediately posted on the Internet and she was afraid Ron might read it.

Hiding the fact that the twins were Ron's daughters was criminal regardless of its justification. The pressuring excuse is bullshit. I doubt with Sherrie's morals (at the time and he need to get Ron back) she would have spared any dirty trick to get him back not to mention a decent one. She could have got him back any way she wanted and then proved to him that she was worth keeping and living with.

That was an excellent story. Stories are not expected to be perfect. Thanks. Please keep it up.

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 18 years ago
Amazing...

Just amazing. I got up early JUST to read part 3. I'm NOT going to work late again because of you!

The story is stil great, love over coming the problems they had.

But they still needed counciling to help them through, love is strong but the pain was too. The fact that he still had flash backs and that she developed issues with HIS partner during the divorce was very realistic.

Again great writing and love the images at the end of the two girls at the wedding!

Paniolo BoyPaniolo Boyover 18 years ago
Another great story....

As with your other stories, Separate Lives is another winner! Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good stuff

Read the first part Sunday, and it worried at me the whole time until I could get thru the second and third parts. Riveting story, and I liked the happy ending. Two people who love each other like these two should find a way to make their relationship work. I just have one very minor question about the plotting. When Ron and Sherrie had their meeting at the lawyer's office, wouldn't she have been starting to show a little bit? Anyway, great story. I give it a resounding 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wow

That, sir, is by far the most beautiful and touching story I ever read on Literotica. Thank you for your wonderful work and please carry on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent Story!

I read this for the first time on SO, and I liked it even more when I read it for the second time here. Nicely done and I look forward to your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
well, this was predictable

preditable, it was telegraphed from miles away.

but what kind of mother keeps the kids away? there is not justification for that.

the continuing secrecy is a bit much too - she is going out with him, but doesn't tell him? not until they are getting back together?

and what kind of so-called friends keep the secret of their birth?

it could be something that keeps them apart, something else that divides them. i was kind of hoping for that, the present lack weakens the story.

you seem to have a urge to finish the story, but i think you could have spent less on the other factors (like the diaries) and more on that.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Good story--great ending, too!

I wondered after chapter 2 how they would get back together and it actually was quite easy---time had much to do with it. Plus the innate love they had for each other.

This was a well written story. Good dialogue and good humour thrown in.

Will definitely look for your new stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
There are the the naysayers

And there are those who will demand their pound of flesh.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i knew it

but im glad i knew it

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
You Did It!!

Yes, you did it and it didn't take anything that was off the wall creative; just plain off-fashioned time and a lot off work.

The issue with the twins was a tough call and there are valid points to both positions. If you had written the story differently and had him aware of their paternity you would have been damned for having Sherrie using their girls to get Ron to come back to her. Either position presents Sherrie with tough choices. She choose the difficult choice of hiding their paternity, thereby avoiding complicating issues of support, visitation rights, etc. She took the path of being a single Mother. Of course there's the unfair cost of Ron not knowing. Sherrie and Melissa at least had the sensitivity to first develop a bond between Ron and his girls by turning him into "Uncle Ron."

If Ron knew of their existence at the outset and had been a "week-end" Dad, there wouldn't have been any easy way of getting beyond Sherrie. And no matter how good a man, Ron would doubtless feel some resentment at having the twins thrust at him by an ex-.

This story is far and away better than your first posting (Lyin'Eyes). It is much easier for the reader, at least this one, to accept the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Your writting is even better than the first

I read "Lyin' Eyes" and feel that this is much better. Some will say that Ron should never take her back, but I don't agree. I found the story excellent. Your writting seems real and please keep it up.

romaq7705romaq7705over 18 years ago
great series!

great series! thanks. great set up in chapter1, redemption in chapter 2, perfect wrap up in chapter3. no other way to go. keep 'em coming.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 18 years ago
I haven't even finished this but:...

I don't even care how it ends. This is absolutlely ONE OF THE BEST STORIES ON THIS DAMN SITE!

For those of you who think I always give negative comments, you won't see any here! If there were grammatical mistakes, I don't care. If three were small inconsistencies, I could give a shit. My greatest praise is "I wish I had written this!" and I do. I will now read it again carefully. I know I will like it even more.

The key element to this is that I cared about the characters. I really could see Ron, Sherie, 'Lissa, Cal, the twins. Every character was real. Maybe they didn't do as I would have done or had them do in one of my stories, but that is what makes this story so good!

Longhorn, this story will put you up there with all the other writers who are my favorites. I ma now adding you to that illustrious list! But be warned! Now that I know you can write this well, I will not accept anything less from you from now on! :-)

Keep writing and God's Speed!

Regards!

fregenfregenover 18 years ago
Excellent story

Nicely done. While I am usually come down on the side that does not look for a reconcilation this seemed plausable and right.

Enjoyed it

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
OUTSTANDING!

Fabulous, beautiful,,,just an incredible story! I too had figured out she was pregnant (In the 2nd story), but who cares? Very well written. Thank you SO much for this story. I do hope you continue to write more. Your writing rocks!

stargazer_bardstargazer_bardover 18 years ago
Just a touch of humanity :)

Damn it all Longhorn, You need to write a novel! I get the feeling that you are writing from experience (yours, or others Im not sure) and this kind of honesty and humanness is not seen as much in today's literature as we need to see it. Your stories serve as a cartharsis for the walking wounded who read them.

VERY WELL DONE! Keep writing!!

stargazer_bard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Exceptional!!!

This story ranks as one you tell people to read to figure out "How to do it Right." As I said in comments on earlier chapters. The characterizations are marvelous, but more importantly so are the situations and emotions. Each scene was precise and moved the story forward. The emotional sequences were descriptive and insightful in character development. I still think Melissa's diary was a one of greatest uses of a plot devise I have seen here. Chagrined and I tend to disagree on stories, but not on this one. Definately one of the best!

BTW--the 'Uncle Daddy' line was wonderful. I have three god-children about that age and can definately see them saying something like that.

I also want to thank you for submitting them so close togeather. I found it really nice to still have the earlier chapters clearer in my mind when reading the next one. It made it much more enjoyable and easier to follow.

In trying to write my own things, I can appreciate the effort and work that went into this. Thank you for letting us share in your results. JimDinMN

gnfgnfover 18 years ago
A terrific story.

A 5 is the only number a person can give this story. You took us all on a ride from the good to the bad and back to reconcilliation and a positive future for this family.

You are turning into one of the best authors on this site. You make the pain and the joy totally felt by all. You develope your characters and stay true to them through out.

Congrats you have winner on your hands.

George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Best yet

Things turned right!!!

A lot of growing up went on.

Excellent story well told which left me with a feeling of satisfaction that the growing up was worth it especially with the twins.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
AGREE AGREE!!!

Well deserved kudos.

'nuff said

Andy

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
FOR SOME REASON, ENTIRELY UNPLANNED,....

I DID NOT START THIS UNTIL IT WAS COMPLETED. ONCE STARTED I COULD NOT STOP. ALL PARTS WERE PERFECTLY INTERWOVEN. THIS COULD AND SHOULD BE TURNED INTO AN AWARD WINNING MOVIE.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 18 years ago
Well, I did read it again.

And it WAS better the second time through!

LOVED IT. Now I have something to strive for!

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
great

a perfect 5 for this one. all parts fit and flowed well. it was just a good story

Landrious1Landrious1over 18 years ago
Truly a work of art.

I loved this story from the outset (I was right on the teaser mentioned in earlier comments i.e. the girls) This is a story of betrayal and healing. It took four years to get there and I could see coming to this end in that time. I look forward to your next venture.

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years ago
Doesn't get any better!

Loved it, looked forward to reading every chapter. Very well written. Worth taking the time to read, Kudo's to the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
crock of shit

longhorn fucked up a 2 car funeral , he had a good story and should have stopped at #2 but he made the big man the hero of heros a cuckold. all it came out to be was a story of a whore wife fucking another man and seening the light after she is caught and the husband went back to sucking a well used pussy, of what goes on in vegas didn't stay there. WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
AWESOME STORY

This was a great story and well worth the time. It was alot more plausible and believable than ur other one.I only have two things that bothered me about this story, One, is that sherrie didn't tell Ron that he was a father as soon as possible. Two, what right did she have for getting upset with Ron's relationship with Karen.I know she still loved him, but she had no right. He wasn't the one that cheated so he had every right to try and move on with his life. Again all in all this was a great story. THANKS

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Well done

Good job with the story; nice twist with the 'roommates.' I wonder if there are women out there who can screw up so badly and then truly change their ways. I think not, but it makes a great story (fantasy) anyway. He would have been a wimp not to forgive her in this case.

TiggerTooTiggerTooover 18 years ago
A real story done right!

May be the best story in the genre! High fives!

Properly written. It has a beginning, middle and an end with no questions left in the reader's mind and is entertaining to boot. That's as good as it gets.

Congratulations and thanks for your effort.

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Biggest Betrayal of all.

The worst possible betrayal was Sherrie not telling the father that he was a father. Forgive that and his cuckold status pales in comparison.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
can't give any better compliment

than to inform you that you have been relocated. i have a two tier bookmarking system for saving my favorite authors. the top or first one is for what i consider the best. authors that never disappoint and always deliver quality. you were just moved into the top tier, need i say more. keep up the good work, and i do mean good work, it was an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Time And Created Circumstance

plus talented scribing were the only reasons this series had a sinter of credibility in it's conclusion. A lessor talent wouldn't have been able to nearly carry it off.

So author, not the perfect yarn or close to it given his chapter 3's oblique turn, but a very strong talented effort. A vast improvement from the psycobabble of your last story.

Someday authors will realize that if they create a spousal offense of more a than a single event, the credibilty of getting them back together is remote at best - non-credible in the largest sense. Oh the romantics will love it but those who have experienced it won't easily or totally succumb to the even the best crafted scenario.

Just like the pimp a wife self cuckolding hubbies who garner such scorn from semi-normal readers - it isn't credible or acceptable as it is disturbingly subhuman and counter to human convention. It attacks and disfigures the normal emotions of most non-perverts.

Long term marital cheating also takes a determined, planning, devious and disturbed mind, so when the severely injured spouse welcomes the long term offender back with open heart and arms that can dismantle credibility regardless of how well written the authors mental intervening is done.

So author - a great but flawed effort - the best to date from you or most who must mend rather than accept and try to go on. Which could make a real story of lifelike reality - grapling with pushing ahead as we must do or fall aside - into the morass of self pity or true non-trust. Some day huh author.

Thanks for your talent, time and diligent effort author - quite remarkable really - With high Regard

oO_Rogue_OooO_Rogue_Ooover 18 years ago
Heartfelt praise

One of; if not THE best story I’ve read on this site. The characters had a wonderful depth to them that really brought them to life for me. Having gone thru a divorce myself the emotions were very real and believable to me; all in all very well done.

Everything in the story was explained very well save one point; Sherrie never did quite explain her affair to my satisfaction.

Once again GREAT effort and I look forward to reading your next story.

RussHRussHover 18 years ago
What else is there to say?

I don't think I can or need to add anything to the list of comments. Looks like they've said it all.

I did read the story on another site, and had the advantage of reading the entire work in one sitting. But I could not post a comment there.

A 100 fold improvement over your last. All I can ask of you is to keep writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Have Not Read Part 3, but It Probably Should Have

ended after part 2, when it was a real great story about the deepest of betrayals, heart break, and how time slowly heals wounds ("time heals all wounds," it is said),,,

what comes after part 2, me thinks is mostly just to satisfy the "romantics" and unrealists,,, us realists, we know when and where reality ends and fantasies begin! ;o)

but as almost every agrees, longhorn_07 is a talented writer who has given us much; most people in Literotica can write "sex acts" ---- oooh, aaah, deeper, deeper, I love you hurting me so good, blah, blah --- but only a selected few consistantly deliver decent to good stories that not only have good sex but also other dimensional qualities about human beings and our selfishness, frailties, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well now!!!

I guess it worked out the way you wanted it to. Myself I would never have taken her back as a lover nor as a wife for the second time.Even knowing the girls were mine, I would have paid child support got my visitatation rights and moved on with my life. She CHEATED, on him and even had the gall to blame it on him, sounds to me though like he is kinda dense when it comes to women. How in the world can he EVER trust her again. It was a good story till then though..

Paul

hammer17_98

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
This is incredibly well written!

Longhorn - this story is incredibly well written. I've spent good money for MUCH worse. It isn't pornographic, it's erotic (a very subtle distinction). Please write more like this - I'm bookmarking your page and will be checking it often!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
A CHAPTER THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED

I wanted to enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed the previous chapters. Hard as I tried, I could not. There were two main problems standing in my way.

The first problem: You can not send the most important motivational questions to mental health professionals. That should be your job as a writer. Repeatedly putting the phrase: “I am very sorry” by Sherry does not suffice. What did Sherrie really learn about herself after all this time of therapy and soul searching? In fact, I know for sure that when you set your mind to it, supported by either personal experience or by learning about an issue, you can write with considerable depth (best example, at the end of chapter one, when Ron talks about the emotional turmoil he was going through)

You can write big scope novels slowly and thoroughly, or you can write shorter stories. One thing you should not do - do not RUSH THROUGH the last part to the end, pushing big chunks of unresolved problems under the rug. “I may spank you about that later” – does not cut it.

Now for the big problem. I am puzzled by your decision to introduce the twins, aka: “the roommates”… It pretty much ruined the story for me. The very structure of gradual repentance, personal growth and learning from mistakes, collapses under the impact of this “little secret”. Hallo! - Could there be bigger ‘twin elephants’ any where in that town since Ron came back? That question applies of course not only to the two EXES but to Ron and his ‘best friends” as well. His children are presented to him at the ripe age of four, after hiding this ‘little fact’, and than deceiving him with the ‘roommates’ story’. Suddenly we learn that the very troubling tendency to hide and manipulate major aspects of Sherrie’s life – have not disappeared after all. How could she be considered to be ‘reformed’ if she has not considered it to be her obligation to inform the twin’s father of their being as soon as they came to the world? Her take on what might be in the best interest of the children is not exclusively hers to make! Moreover, part of her reasons was related to her personal self interest. What if Ron chose not to fulfill her prophetic vision of his “return to town”? By what age would she have finally informed him of their existence, closer to the twin’s driver’s license eligibility age maybe?

On a similar venue, I was puzzled by both the behavior and lack of any bad feelings by both Ron and Melissa. Let’s explicate this positive neutrality. Melissa:”Oh brother, as you can see, you have twins that your ex was hiding from you. I hope you do not mind me not telling you. Ron:”Oh, thank you sis, as a man, I am quite stupid (your words) It is better for me to be informed according to the good judgment by which my ex is famous”

Poor Ron, looks like he is stuck with a case of a cheating wife after all. The Strange thing is that his myopia is limited only to his wife and good friends, who are only too happy to protect him from the truth. Other than that, he seems to be of a sound mind and judgment .That is, if you can buy that.

As for me, I prefer to close my eyes, and imagine that the third chapter never happened…

HenryDavidThoreauHenryDavidThoreauover 18 years ago
The "Unnecessary Chapter"

I really like this story, up to this last unfortunate part, so this is my second posting. Let me again say Longhorn is a very good writer, a good story-teller. Now that that praise's been done, let me add to what the last poster said:

The intro of the "roomates" angle, as said by other more realistic readers, was a total bummer! It was a lovely, emotionally real story up to that point.

But to argue (as the AUTHOR did) that deceit (the twins and not telling Ron, by NOBODY he considered "friends", for years on end!) --- remember, it was Sherrie's deceit and Cal and Melissa's acquiescing silence about her behavior in Vegas, which ruined their commitment to each other as honest, trustful life long partners) --- deserved only some "spanking", it is really stretching credulity major time!

Deceit, whether they are big or small, whether we the doers think "good" or "bad", is the starting point (if done habitually and Sherrie has shown to have the streak) and is the seed to people/friends losing faith, trust, and commitment in each other.

Sherrie did in Vegas; but this was handled credibly on the AUTHOR'S part: there's pain, the losing of trust and faith and ultimately the ruining of a (good) marriage.

The CREDIBLE aspect about this whole thing is that, as Ron (the author) says: TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS. Whether or not Ron and Karen or other women who may come into his life form a union is of little consequence to the story,,,,

But it is NOT believable that Sherrie and Ron's "sister," Melissa and her husband CAl, ALL --- including Connie and her husband, the other couple that didn't get mentioned more than a few times in this long, mostly good story --- CONSPIRE to AGAIN shut Ron out.

You can dress deceit in whatever dress, spray it with whatever perfume, but it is still deception.

And, finally, Sherrie's frantic grabbing of the DNA papers, as Ron and she swing by her place, to go to Cal's and Melissa's place (to meet the twins) and how she presented them to Ron, "Honey, THEY are YOURS, okay?" "Here, I have the DNA tests done, they are yours" --- Longhorn's ability to write and to tell story NOTWITHSTANDING, I thought that was rushed, at best, and cheaply done, at worst,,,

What's more, peripheral remarks/observations like "Anyone who takes a look at the three of you knows the twins are yours" (by Cal) or "I knew they reminded me of something or someone when I first met them,,, NOW I know whom: they remind me of my sister" (by Ron) or "I have insider information and I wanted to tell Ron, but Cal would cut me out, and so would Sherrie,,,, So I have to shut up, even though he's like a brother to me" (by Melissa) or "I was planning to tell you when we celebrate their birthday in 9 days, any way" (by Sherrie: who assumed that Ron would move back to town and would get back together with her, of coruse!) ---- they just don't do much to ARTICULATE the notion that Ron has lived his life, EXCEPT the years he spent with Karen (those were the good years!, the real years!), by some EXTREMELY deceitful "friends", one of whom was his former and now again wife.

It is, yes, only a fictional story; but again we make long and "critical" observations because we like it, because it is believable --- up to some points. But even in a "romance" genre, however, and NO MATTER how good you are as a story teller, you've got to be semi-real! lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Ridiculous Criticism

Longhorn, this is a heck of a fine story.

After reading the previous two comments, I’d like to paraphrase something Tom Clancy said in an interview a few years ago. It went something like: “If critics could write, they would.” It is a variation of “Those who can, write. Those who can’t become (longwinded) critics.” Someone should have these two twits call 1-800-WANHHHH! Maybe somebody there will give a (expletive deleted) about the opinions their tiny little minds generated.

What arrogance! They focus on the last page of the story and say they found something there that ruins the whole thing? How incredibly petty of them. Where did they miss the fact that if you wanted your hero to be unhappy about the children’s existence having been kept from him, you would have. If you didn’t, that’s your prerogative. If that’s all they can find wrong, you have a best seller on your hands!

I hope you continue to write and produce wonderful stories like this. If I were you, I’d delete those two ridiculously long comments. They are taking up space other people could use to make legitimate comments.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
WTF?? Have Not Read Part 3, but Probably Should Hv

I find it interesting that any Loving Wives story that involves eventual reconciliation is automatically considered to be 'bad writing' by a certain batch of right wing nazis.

These 'critics' (with apologies to Roger Ebert and any other actual critics) write the story off automatically. I love the guy who offered several paragraphs of criticism of Part 3 without even reading it.

I remember when Bill Murray was the film critic on the Saturday Night Live newscast. He offered criticism of movies he was too busy to see, or didn't have time, or didn't get around to it, or just wasn't that interested.

Let me say, from Bill Murray it was really funny.

But from the LW Nazis, it's pretty pathetic.

Good story, Longhorn. Even Part 3, which believe it or not, I actually read.

Call me crazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Life is complex!!!

It's easy to say "take no prisoners!!!" But as I pointed out in my first (and so far only)story: "... life is complex and life happens! You can hypothesize forever but until shit happens you can't REALLY say how you will respond."

I rate stories on how well the story was written, NOT on how I would have written it. Until you have been there, you can't REALLY say how you would react.

I have heard said that "... love is a decision." I don't really buy that.

Either there is love or there is not. Sometimes it is painful, sometimes terribly painful, but too often unrequited love is the most painful of all!

Anyway, great writing! I look forward to your future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Magnificent!!!!

I think you did a wonderful job in this, bringing them back together, TERRIFIC, still some pain, but that is life, CAN'T wait for MORE!!!!! THUMBS UP!!!! I couldn't stop reading it.

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
Good Story

I really liked this story & I wasnt sorry to see them get back together.

The people who mentioned the kids have a point though. The story would have been better without them. Since the children didnt really add to the plot (wife wanted husband to take her back before she told him about them), all they really did is remind me of how the wife and friends were behaving during her affair.

Depending on a readers character, and whether or not they can accpet that the husband doesnt necessarily think/behave like we would, I think the kids were either superfluous or a mistake (plot wise). Personally, Id be pissed that the ex stole 4 years of my kids lives that I could never get back and Id also be kinda mad that my 'friends' arbitrarily decided what was in my best interests again just like they did while covering the affair. For those who dont care about this (having others decide whats in the husbands best interests), then the kids are just furniture. Either way, I think it would have been better if she got pregnant after they reconciled.

All in all, it was a great story even if it wasnt perfect. It was a very emotional story & I liked how you showed the husbands emotional recovery. On the negative side - it was too short for a novel and had too much padding to be a perfect short story. Besides the kids, there were several other things that werent really needed & didnt advance the plot.

Thanks for writing.

p.s. I also dont think there is anything wrong with pointing out what seems to be a flaw in the story (if there is a plotting reason for the kids, let me know because I missed it). Nobody ever said praise had to be unconditional. This was very emotional & moving story but it could have been better imo. Telling the author what you liked and didnt like about their stories is the point of feedback though, isnt it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
"negative" criticism does not equal bitchin'

the story, a story, could be extremely well written, and yet

there could still be serious logic and/or plot flaws.

yes, we thank all the many good to great writers who

voluntarily provide us many hours of free readings here

in literotica-land, from the most erotic to the most emotional,,,

but one doubts all writers, especially good writers who

are in command of their story/writing, would want simply

glowing reviews/comments. constructive criticisms

are healthy feedback, without which most if not all writers

can not grow

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

Except for a rather minor glitch, an excellent story. The glitch is that early on Ron mentions that he has no brothers or sisters (when he takes Melissa for a sister), but towards the end, he sees that the twins look a lot like his sister.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wonderful

Longhorn 07'

You write a beautiful story. It is wonderfully witten, from the hot sex(needed to spice up) but also the real pain in emotional roller coaster world of life. Beautiful ending is much better than otherwise. Please write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Amazing story!

This is hands down, my favorite story on the site. I love the fact that it's so long you actually begin to hope Sherrie can win him back. It's a great happy ending, and unlike some critics, I'm willing to look past the deception over the children. Anyone who's been through a break-up, only to find out that she's now pregnant, knows how incredibly difficult things are until the child is older. No one could say she was right for doing it, but it made the loose ends tie up really perfectly (especially with the twist that the kids already really cared about him when they all found out). I really felt for her when you described her sitting in the bar, watching him with the new girlfriend (especially when you realize she's alone and pregnant with his kid). To me, that's the mark of great writing, when I feel bad for someone who doesn't even exist! It's fiction, so anyone complaining should take a flying leap.

Just@FanJust@Fanover 18 years ago
Amazing

Another fine tale Longhorn, I always enjoy reading them.

daluentdaluentabout 18 years ago
real sister

To annonymous in the USA. His real sister died in auto accident. Did you not read the entire story? Great writing. Loved the ending.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 18 years ago
Great love story

Wonderful! What we have learned to expect from this gifted writer. Excellent plot, well executed.

Two comments no one has previously made. One, Melissa's Diary and her dialog reflected the versatility of the writer. The style was completely different from the rest of the story. That is very difficult to accomplish, to make it look like it is a different person speaking and writing.

Two, the dialog and horse play between Ron and all of the children is priceless. As with Melissa's Diary, it is so different from the other dialog. I think including the children, and especially the twins, added much reality to the story. It changed the pace, plus added an interesting complexity. The kids' reactions to Ron are priceless and just the way kids, as opposed to *stories* about kids, act in real life.

This is the second time I've read this story, but not the last, for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Looooooooved it

Apart of a couple of mistakes (obvious ones like the sister)this story was excellent. Loved it. Thank you for a good read. It was very emotional. I could "picture" these characters. Since the mistakes should have been corrected by editing, I gave it a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Perfect Story

To those of you who missed it, Ron's only sister died in a car accident. When he said the twins looked like his sister, she had long since been dead. This is why he listed Melissa and her husband as next of kin when he went to Afghanistan.

As for the children,life is like that. Sherri was in a hard position. Ron wouldn't listen to her with any empathy at the divorce meeting. He was too hurt. What would he have thought if she had told him she was pregnant? I, myself, might have choked her thinking that it was by her lover. After all, one night of sex by her husband and six months with her lover.

The friends should have been cut off like a cancer. Keeping that information away from Ron was a defacto conspiracy. Well the writer did cut them off. Melissa was the only one still there. I would have kept her in real life because she cut her childhood and adult best friend out of her life after the Vegas trip. She deserved forgiveness by Ron.

This should be submitted for paperback, it's that good.

zoltantheduckzoltantheduckabout 18 years ago
Loved It

God I love a happy ending, I'm crying, my nose is running (where are those damned tissues?) and at the end of the day aren't these the emotional responses that this type of story is supposed to evoke?

Very well done Longhorn, I wish all the stories in this category were so well written, I live in hope.

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
beautiful story

Any Literotic story the stimulates over 58 comments must be good - An this one was. I enjoyed the long work out by the cucolded husband. I am tired of the comments that cockold who forgives must be a 'wimp'.

This and Requital are probably the best stories I have read on this site.

Looking forward to more of your tales. Keep writing

Kathleenm22Kathleenm22almost 18 years ago
Wow

This wasa fantastic story with love anger betrayal tears and so much more. I fell in love with both of the main characters and was mad at both at times. This wasa great story. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story

If we are to try to be realistic as some of the commentators obviously wish then there are a number of problems.

An affair of the kind discovered in the first part is entirely characteristic of a failing relation; possibly a failure that neither partner has recognized.

After four years it is most unusual to have anything to recover particularly if there has been a more or less succesfull partnership in the interim. Eventual failure of a 'rebound' is almost inevitable and needn't even hurt much.

For four years his still 'loving' ex wife has concealed from him the existence of two children for whom he has just as much duty as her and just as much right to their love.

If she were real I would have no idea how her friends put up with the selfish bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Tears in my heart

Wow...I am a grown man with a tears in my eyes and a hunger for someone in my heart. Brilliantly written and loved the ending. Thank you

z926538z926538over 17 years ago
Another Great Submission by this Author

This story, along with Requital by the same author, are my two favorite stories on this site. The author realistically shares the pain of betrayal and the reality that true love persists in spite of the pain. This is in fact what makes betrayal so terrible -- the victimized partner must live with the fact that he/she hates the actions but still loves the person. The passage of many years between the divorce and the reconciliation makes the story believable. Good writing and good character development. I would love to see a follow up story detailing the events over the years from the wife's point of view.

janiexxjaniexxover 17 years ago
One of the best stories on Lit

I have to admit to not normally venturing into the Loving Wives section or not reading any story of this length, but I was totally hooked from the first sentence of Chapter 1.

I loved all three chapters. I thought the characters were very realistic and empathised with all of them.

The diary excerpts were a great touch and showed how the other characters were thinking and feeling, which is sometimes a bit dfficult when the narrative is in the first person and we only ever hear the narrator's point of view.

A lovely, romantic and absorbing story. I'm off to read more...

janiexx

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Excellant job!!!

I loved everything but the ending. I have no problem with a reconcilliation for these two, but the fact that she continued to conceal her daughters existance is clear proof that she continues to think only of herself. This is a bad omen for her success as either wife or mother.

zed0zed0over 17 years ago
I HATE a SAD Ending!

I knew I shoudda stopped reading after part 1, but like any other well written "Whore-or" story I was fixated to the bitter end. The WIMP OUT on page 4 chilled me to the bone. I can't wait to read parts 4 & 5 when she starts to cheat again with some young stud boy friend of one of the twins, who is run over by a drunk driver as she runs from the sight of mommy fucking her boy friend, because she is having "empty nest" syndrome, and feels old, so subsequent DNA test show that they are not his kids after all, so he goes to Iraq & gets wounded again, and spends another 37 pages "Wimping OUT!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Fine job

Excellent tale of romance. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Snif

Thank you for the pleasure of this story. It is indeed in the right category. Now this is loving.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Separate Lives

I know some people would call me silly but I love a happy ending and this is one very good story. I have read this from cover to cover without a break not wanting to destroy the moment. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Crock

Yes, I sort of went back on my vow. I skimmed thru this crock of shit enough to confirm my premonitions and worst fears. Then - hopped over to the comments section to puke and leave this comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Very Very Good

I enjoyed this story very much. The people were real, the emotions were real and the premise was real. Having the narrative split between the husband and the wife's best friend was a stroke of genius. I don't think I could have felt sympathy towards the wife if she had told her own story. Although this is an erotic story, the sex scenes didn't need to be so descrptive and so long, to be believable. This is the best story, on this site, I have read so far. Thank you.

Shaman325Shaman325almost 17 years ago
Ugh!! Me man, you wimp.

Woman my possession. Ugh! I be in testosterone overlaod.

I guess macho jerks have their place, but I wouldn't want my daugter to marry one.

JennyBearJennyBearalmost 17 years ago
Loved it !!!!!!

Without a doubt this is my very favorite story in the Loving Wives genre. I have read it numerous times. I finally got to the point where it doesn't bring on the tears. Ok, maybe a few sniffles.

tigertonytigertonyalmost 17 years ago
GREAT STORY

i read this story the first time right after it was published on literotica. today i was playing poker online, everyone else were so slow, so i thought i would pull up a story on literotica. I pulled this one up to occupy the time while im waiting on other poker players to play. I got so much into this story that i said to hell with the poker and spent all my time reading this story again. thanks for great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
all

about a coniving slut and a wimp limp man

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Sh*t

POS! Another wimp tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
One of your best

Thanks, it was easy reading. Please write a new one soon. Great job. Glenn in North Carolina

bruce22bruce22about 16 years ago
Another well written walk through the jungle.

It would be really nice if we saw something new from

you, Longhorn.

Thanks for the hard work.

Bruce

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Sorry

The story is too long randed, and five years only in between? Or was it four, and all that mushy f* stuff filling the last pages. Nah, doesn't impress me much. Sorry, not believable but it will warm some gushy womens heart I'm sure. As for the kids he should have been informed as soon as she knew, to withhold their father from them is downright disgusting...Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
tops

Longhorn,

Gotta be one of the best stories I've ever read. Not much else to say. And, I love happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Ole'

One of the best on this .com-if not the best ! hats off to a REALWRITER!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
great story...sort of like a novel you can't put..

..down.

Although it's slightly predictable (& what story isn't?) I love how well written it is & how easy it is to follow. Oh if only there was a happy ending for all of us eh?! Thank you for posting & keep up the good work!! :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
WOW!

OMG!

I love this story -Has to be tops on this site -You are a realwriter --Some on this site need to attend one of the classes you could teach!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Some of You Are Sick

This gem is so damn good -My favorite of the whole site!-You who think he's awimp --have never really been in love -or ever had a real tragedy in your life! -OMG this so realistic - Almost The Very same thing happened to a friend of mine -Same Results!!!-really scary!--Wrter> You are Damn Good!!!!!!

JackWoodyJackWoodyover 15 years ago
I liked it!

Melissa's part in the story made me laugh. Well done!

hawkeye007hawkeye007about 15 years ago
LOVED IT!

As an author on this site, I can really appreciate this tale. I think it may be the definitive loving wife story. the emotions came through and it was highly erotic in a loving way. It made me feel good. Well done...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
You are right Hawkeye

This is one of the best stories on this site. It is too bad that Longhorn has written so few stories. He is one the few authors that can effectively write either a reconcile story or a consequences story. Longhorn does the leg work necessary to support either outcome for his stories. The only problem I had with this story was adding the children. It did nothing to further the plot and in many ways distracted from a what was a well founded reconcile story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
what a writer

There is only one thing to say, great!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I LAUGHED

I laughed when he was being told about his daughters he said to her i know you wouldn't do any thing to hurt me, i guess she wouldn't ya sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
This chapter is probably one of the worst reconcil

at any cost stories in Lit. This cheating slut fucks around on him and lies to him over and over. AFter four years or more she finally gets around to telling him he is a father to two girls. Four years she kept this from him. What an evil self centered bitch she is. Yes she had to have the DNA test done. She was fucking both men at the same time, my god she might have had to marry her "lover" and not her ex. That this cuck was so dumb to fall for this plan of hers is pure stupidity. Then he finds out Karen broke up with him because a Red Cross worker at the hospital said he called out Sherries name in his drug induced sleep? It may have been a drug induced nightmare that caused him to call her name. Who knows? But the interesting part is the RC worker wanted to live in the states and is now dating his exgirlfriend. Karen is so smart she cant see thru this? In this story you have forced a man to get back with the woman who by her own admission tried to destroy his and her lives, why? She is an alcoholic that fucks around in public and is a serial cheater. What has changed any of that? She had to children without the benefit of a father, dont they call such kids bastards? She did not tell the father of his children, again lying to him by omission. One of these days when she is late or lying to him, he will realize what he has done and probably shoot her and no one will know why. Reconciliation at any cost is a losers game....... As he said before, if she had loved him she would not have done what she did!

snikolemsnikolemalmost 15 years ago
LOVED IT

YEAH....loved it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
.....All Smiles.......

.....I have read all of your stories that are posted here at Literotica and must say ,..i have truly enjoyed everyone of them immensly..you are a very gifted and talented writer...please keep up the very good work ...i look forward hopefully to more in the near future...Thank you for many enjoyable hours well spent.....

inSanitylaneinSanitylanealmost 15 years ago
Fantastic

Loved the story. Well written. Great dialog. Made me laugh, cry, smile, rage... Well done!

Simple49erSimple49eralmost 15 years ago
Does time heal?

Is five years time enough to forgive? Are they really that changed and different that they can forget and fogive the horrendous things she did in chapter I. This was not a one night, drunken accident. It was a deliberate - as he noted - angry sex for revenge because he did not do what she wanted and she was - boo hoo - disppointed. So she is 30? Did the children really change her that much? No sex since he was gone? The question marks reflect doubt and a lack of trust. They can reconcile if there is a pre-nup that protects the children but not her if she cheats. Because the other question is, marriage for security? Am I too cynical about this - then next time do not do such a good job making clear what a real, faithless, cheating, selfish, self-centered, infantile slut that she was. It was not a one time drunken accident: it was a conscious decision on her part and she can consciously do it again. I guess for me, in spite of chapter 2 and 3, I am not as trusting as he is in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
GREAT STORY

That was one helluva story. GREAT writing THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Write a book!!!!!!

This was a great story!!!!! Thank You. Now write a book.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Did he have a DNA done?

Of course not. Doesn't that make him . . . ah , stupid? Nope, not anything like a realistic life event[s]. Go away, if you can't create anything any different than this - DROP DEAD !

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
just end it

i saw this after a bit of time and was reminded of the key portions. Now, after 5 years the twins are there, and the mother unknown to him. that chance meeting should have ended with something like, 'sherrie, its nice to see you, you look well. and it appears that you are doing ok. its good we both moved on, and i do wish you well'. IF the children are raised, then let it be by direct means (notice by some formality) and the details worked for them, as they may. DNA test, if appropriate. just end it, and let them live their lives apart as before

bigguy323bigguy323over 14 years ago
Yet another wimpy ending.

Unbelievably sentimental and completely a waste of time. You start off very well for this type of story, then lose it on the back side.

NO MAN can go back to a woman of such low character. And, really, the kids are his.. come on. What a load.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great! Great! Great!

Been reading stories on Literotica for years now and this is the best story that I have ever read here. Heart-felt, poignant, great prose, great character details, etc. The kicker is that I found myself glossing over the erotic portions so as to quicken my return to the central plot.

Excellent, excellent!

And for the illiterate jerks leaving rude comments...gimme' a break. No, I'm not a woman and this story still rocks!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous