All Comments on 'Beyond the Wall of Sleep - Coming Soon'

by Literotica

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow! x 2

What a lineup. I am really looking forward to this. Thanks, Randi, writers and Literotica.

Son_of_BattlesSon_of_Battlesabout 5 years ago
I'm assuming this was invite only

I didn't see a single mention of this on the forums. I've seen other story events advertised there, but was curious if some of these events are only by invitation.

SoB

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
The forums?

What a great source for horror stories! This event is going to be 'uge! I can hardly wait to dip my toe in this genre! I am eager to read the anticipated complaints about people not being invited to the party, as well as the actual stories. I love these events and the reactions they create. Thank you all for reading and commenting!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
randi

I note,from the list of authors for this,that Randi isn't included.I hope it's an oversight as I like her stories immensely.Cheers,Malcolm

kimi1990kimi1990about 5 years ago
This should be epic.

I can't wait to see an Erotic Horror story from Girlinthemoon, Angiequesophie and Eidetic. This is custom designed with them in mind. The surprises are JoeDreamer, BurntRedstone and HDK. Masters of other genres, I imagine they'll rock this one, too. Great lineup of writers. Thanks to everyone who is writing.

Dear God, who would look for anything other than horror inspiration in the forums? I shudder to think what posting there would be like.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Their are a lot of amazing authors on this list

There are also some I don't know. I'm glad there are links so I can look into them.

Raisa_GreywoodRaisa_Greywoodabout 5 years ago
Yes, I'm writing

I have no idea what I'm writing yet, but it's going to be filthy and probably disturbing.

I'm really hoping to upgrade my "Sick Puppy" badge to "The Sick Puppy Princess".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Most of these authors don't write in this category

Why not use authors that write stories here?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
Anonymous asked a reasonable question.

Literotica has wisely decided to place a promo in a category which, in all likelihood, will receive no new stories from this invitational. I do know there will be at least one great story in Loving Wives. I know this because I am writing it, even as we speak. Okay, promotion is not the strong point of the managers of this site. We get that. What they do have is a great platform to post new stories, which the public can read free of charge. Yes, free, free, free! Be sure to look for the stories these writers post in various categories. They will be horror-able, filled with blood and gore, but mixed with love and redemption. As readers might expect, my story will cause your loins to stir, nipples to harden, and blood to flow to new and wonderful parts of your body.

Randi has organized this invitational, so you know it will be good, very good. If you look at the list of participants, you'll see some very successful writers and a couple of dickheads. Do not allow the dickheads to dissuade you from reading some great stories!

We Know KK is one of the best. JoeDreamer is extremely good. How about Todd 172 and BurntRedstone? That Amyyum is just yummy. Toss in The Beast and Bellhop and you already have some very good writers posting new material.

Many readers have asked if I am in fact, sleeping with the ladies listed in this promo. A gentleman never speaks about things like that, so I must decline to respond. Just tune in on St. Paddy's Day!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You did it again!

All my favorite writers. I'd read every one of them for a chance to read a new story by DTIverson, Whatdreamsmaycome, Todd172, HDK, Girlinthemoon, and any of the others. I don't recognize some of the names, but if Randi invited them, I know they're good. Green beer, corned beef and some great stories. Thanks to everyone, especially Randi for putting these together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I can't wait.

The annual St. Paddy's Day collection. This has always been the high reading point of the year. Kudos to everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So this is why there heaven't been stories from my favorites lately.

They've been writing for Randi. I'll set aside the day for some great reading.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Category

This promo has been placed in other categories, including Erotic Horror, at least on other that I can't recall at the moment.

I would imagine that it will be on the landing page at the appropriate time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Be still my farts

If this is such a wonderful theme then why isn't it open to all authors? Putting turds in a pile of flowers doesn't turn them into flowers. Some of these authors haven't produced a quality story in ages.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Again, no

These contests cause a 'feast or famine' situation for our great writers. We go a month or two with nothing worth reading, then we are inundated with stories from the great writers - all writing on the same topic. I would rather have the occasional good read than have to experience literary gluttony.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great list of authors!

And another big thank you to Randi for organizing these writing events and poking and prodding authors to participate. Unfortunately I won't get any benefit from this event as I hate horror. But I'm still happy to have these events. I can't wait for the next one past this scary one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wife was clearly cheating on him

Time to get a divorce.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Anonymous

May I suggest that you may be looking at this incorrectly?

"These contests cause a 'feast or famine' situation for our great writers. We go a month or two with nothing worth reading, then we are inundated with stories from the great writers - all writing on the same topic. I would rather have the occasional good read than have to experience literary gluttony."

This isn't a zero sum game. Many of these writers wouldn't contribute at all if it wasn't for events like this. You aren't losing stories from somewhere else, you are gaining something entirely new. In addition, many writers simply increase their output and publish something extra. This 'new' story doesn't take the place of something else they would have written.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Anonymous 2

"Be still my farts

If this is such a wonderful theme then why isn't it open to all authors?"

Well, that's idiotic. Why should it be? What is inherently wrong with someone organizing an event and asking people they have a relationship with to participate?

Does it harm anyone in any way? Nope.

Does it preclude anyone from writing their own stories on a subject matter of their choosing? Nope.

Does it stop someone from organizing their own event? Nope (but, of course it's much easier to sit on your ass on the sidelines and take potshots).

And, as an aside, if you take a look at the HoF for a number of categories and some of the highest ranking scores over the past couple of years, you'll see that the writers participating (with the exception of myself) are an amazingly talented group. So, who wins? The readers.

Who loses? Nobody except for people who have a vested interest in others doing poorly. At least those sad specimens get the opportunity for some prime kvetching and juvenile caterwauling, so everyone wins.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sweet!

Classic gothic or the disturbing themes of Lovecraftian existential horror has always been a big fave of mine. And add to that a big list of Literotica's best and brightest. What's not to like?

Really looking forward to this.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
I absolutely love these events!

I love to hear the lamentations of the women, and little bitches. "Why is this not open to all? The writers you invited suck" was an observation made by a commenter. Randi has assembled the crème de la crème of Lit. Do you have a favorite that is not listed? That means that they have either declined to participate, or were found wanting.

We baby boomers have no patience for millennials that want prizes and awards for participation. Screw that shit! Every asshole and their brother can write and post a fucking horror story on, or around March 17th, but not every asshole gets invited to this party. (Sorry assholes) Why don't you persuade your favorite writers to favor you with a story? There is nothing stopping them, although lack of talent can be daunting as hell to some.

Where in anyone's upbringing did Mom promise that they would always be invited to the ball, and even be the belle? Didn't Mom explain to you how shit happens? That your amazing talent and skill may go unrewarded? Less capable people, like the Kardashians, will gain success while your lesser ass will flounder? If Mom didn't tell you the facts of life, she did you a great disservice.

We writers owe you our gratitude for reading and commenting on our stories. We owe you the consideration of doing our best. We owe you the respect that you achieve through honest comments, critiques, emails and any encouragement you manage to give us. We do not owe anyone the right to force us to associate with those we either do not know, or do not respect. You pick your friends; we'll pick ours. Doesn't that seem fair? Do I tell you to play nice with other commenters that make statements you find incredibly offensive? No, I tell you to fuck them over! Don't take it anymore! Pick and choose your friends. That's what we writers in this invitational are doing.

On a lighter note, I have had the opportunity to read my story for this event and it is incredible! It will be posted in Loving Wives. There will be severed heads and spilled intestines, in keeping with the theme. There will also be sex and humor, less sex, more humor. You'll fucking love it, guaranteed. As good as some of the other writers are, their efforts will pale in comparison to my possible Pulitzer Prize winning work. I suggest you read "Across the Universe" last so my brilliance does not spoil your pleasure of lesser stories. I'm just sayin'.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
Good Lord!

Your going to send me to bed with nightmares and a boner!!!???!!!

Thank you!😉

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 5 years ago
P.S. Farting still Anon.

Just how still are your farts to these days?

Some great authors here and I'm looking forward to this event of course.

You know you could write a similar themed story and submit it?

You can organize your own event.

There is plenty of real damage in the world. No need to get worked up enough to hate people here, even if you want to kick someone's ass sometimes, mine included.

Chill out and enjoy breathing. The time comes soon enough for us all when there is no more sunshine or warm breeze.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
So two guys I worked with save their OT money, and throw a big party for all of our buds once a year, Most of us worked together, so it was nice to see folks off the job. They expanded it one year, and put a notice up at work that everyone was invited.

We had Kegs, burgers, dogs, red hots, and homemade slaw, beans, and macaroni salad. A bunch of us contributed labor and incidental expenses and even enough booze for a makeshift bar.

Some pig riders, even after being reminded that C and C paying and we all volunteered to set up, cook, and clean up, some idiots came up with "suggestions" to make it better. A few even complained!

If you post anything other than, "Great, cant wait" you're working on being that Douche that complains about a free party.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinabout 5 years ago
Adding to what Bebop3 said

No, wait. Before I do that, I just have to wonder if Bebop, Bebop1, and Bebop2 were already taken as names.

"These contests cause a 'feast or famine' situation for our great writers. We go a month or two with nothing worth reading, then we are inundated with stories from the great writers - all writing on the same topic. I would rather have the occasional good read than have to experience literary gluttony."

I'm speaking for myself here. Events like this don't change the rate I submit my stories. What they do, is prioritize the story I need to write and complete to meet the deadline. I have 15 or so stories in various phases of completion. I tend to write parts of them at different times.

Since I've participated in two events, my rate of publication has remained unchanged. I submit one story a month on average. What these events do for me as an author, is force me to channel my creative energies to meet the theme of the event. Left to my own devices I might not go beyond my comfort zone so quickly.

The last two events I participated in are among my higher ranked stories. The last non-event story I wrote is my lowest ranked. BTW, I love the shit out of that story. I get that as a reader that daily reading may suffer as favorite authors are focusing on an event and they'll all drop on one day.

That is a byproduct of doing this. The upside though, is that a lot of stories from favorite authors can all be found in one place. I won't be able to read them all in one day. It will likely take me a week or more to read all of them. So if the daily stories are lacking those authors, I feel this compensates.

It's a trade off. I see the the glass as more than half full. I say this as an author and a reader.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
This

Is a great thing to look forward to. Since it is a forum for stories of Gothic Horror, perhaps the cheating spouses will get a bad ending. We can hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Shakes head at more elitism

Again it is Randi and cohorts. Count me out. I'm sick of you guys shoving down my throat who you think is good as a writer. Grow some balls and open it up to anyone who wants to submit.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Shakes head at more idiocy

From the ubiquitous anonymous:

"Again it is Randi and cohorts. Count me out. I'm sick of you guys shoving down my throat who you think is good as a writer. Grow some balls and open it up to anyone who wants to submit."

And how, exactly, is anyone shoving any writer down your throat? I'm not the most technically able person around, but I think that I can get you a walk-through that might help solve your problem. See if you can follow along.

Step 1. Determine if you want to read the stories.

Step 2a If yes, enjoy.

Step 2b If not, don't read them.

Were you able to keep up with that? Good. Happy to help.

Want an event that is open to anyone that wants to submit? Cool. Grow some balls and run one. Yeah, I get it. That runs counter to your goal of bitching from the sidelines while doing absolutely nothing but sniping at people who actually put some effort in. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
put a sock in it

Seriously, bebop, no one cares. If you twerps want to call Howard Phillips Lovecraft "gothic" then you're not elite, you're just sad. The man had a sub-genre named after him for a reason, people.

I do look forward to amorphous blobs devouring wives with tentacles inserted into their vaginas and assholes, though.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Seriously, bebop, no one cares.

With the clear exception of people who post to say how much they don't care.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Put a sock in it"

Unfortunately, people DO care about it, as their complaining comments indicate.

To repeat what others have said, nothing is "shoved down" anyone's throat. If you choose not to read the stories in the event, feel free.

While it may be true that a story written for the event will replace a story that might have been posted on some other date, it is also likely that the event lit a fire under a writer to get something written, or inspired a writer who for one reason or another hasn't been posting at all to post something.

For myself, I probably never would have written for this theme without the event. Some may think that would be a good thing, but one of my highest-rated stories was the one I wrote for Siren's Song, the nautical event.

There are several open events, and anyone is free to write any story they want at any time.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
I have counted anonymous out!

He will not be forced to read the stories posted on the wall of sleep invitational! I admire a man that stands up for his rights to not have things forced down his throat, nor to be made to read something on a porn site! Our attempt to force our brilliant stories on his humble self has been thwarted, damn it! He is too clever. We write for an invitational and he demonstrates just how big his balls are by telling us we can write, but we cannot make him read! What a tough sonabitch! I am willing to wager $100 anonymous will read and comment on our stories, thus deepthroating us all. I'll be looking down at him and smiling contentedly. My story will slide down his throat like syrup on a blueberry pancake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
meh

That comment was the equivalent of fifteen minutes of Bart Simpson clanking pans together screaming "I am so great" in a Seth McFarlane cartoon.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 5 years ago
Damn HDK!

I'll never be able to look at blueberry pancakes the same way again!!! 😮

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
@anonymous "Great list of authors."

I do understand that not every genre appeals to everyone. Many do not appeal to me. I do wish I could persuade you to trust me and trust the authors here. I will make a deal with you, if you will play. When the stories post, Read HDK's story here in LW. If you don't like it, let me know, and I will apologize to you and write a story, just for you. If you do like it, you must read another. Read Stev2244's story that will post in Erotic Horror. If you like that one, Read one of Girlinthemoon's stories. I don't think our "horror" stories are what you are thinking they are.

Popular horror has become gore festivals. That is not what we are about, I assure you. This is why I keep my events by invitation only. I have no interest in slasher/gore type horror. The writers on this list would not write them if I asked. If anyone is interested in "Tentacle Monsters from Outer Space Bang Mom and Eat Dad," you can look to the "open" events, for that. It will not be in this one.

If you enjoy classic short stories with an erotic element, based in the Gothic Horror theme, then you will enjoy these. Think Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein," or Poe's "Tell-tale Heart," not "Saw," or "Friday the 13th."

I dislike noticing "Annie Fart," but I must point out the "fart-in-the-wind" idiocy. "Some of these authors haven't produced a quality story in ages," says Annie fart. A check of the toplists gives that statement the lie. In the last 12 months, just in LW, mind you, writers on this list have produced the 13 top scoring stories. All 13 are on this list. Also, they have produced 17 of the top 20 stories, and 31 of the top 50, for the last 12 months. I guess Annie fart has problems with numbers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
HDK

I see. By making up a "Handle" you aren't "anonymous". Perhaps it's the word "anonymous" that gives you the frisson. No matter, tough guy. Show us what a big swinging dick you have by posting under your real name and give us your actual address. Then we will know that you are a real man because you truly won't be anonymous. Anyone here could post under multiple pseudonyms (you do understand things like VPNs and Tor?) and, by your reckoning, join the "hairy chest" club. But, I'd just as soon not be bothered to be "anonymous" by another name (you do remember your Shakespeare, don't you?). As for criticizing what authors choose to write about, who are you to tell people what they can say as critics? Throughout history literary critics have objected to choice of subject matter. Even Literotica has a few subject matter standards. Of course, I understand that authors here prefer technical comments to comments on the point of view their stories may push, but you, and they, really ought to get over it. Virtually any story projects some moral point of view, and that point of view can have consequences for a culture. This isn't merely my observation; it's a longstanding view about imaginative writing, in all forms, that is as old as Plato. You remember him, don't you? If you think I'm being rude, just bear in mind that I'm being no ruder than you and the other asses here who think they are special because they "hide" behind words other than "anonymous". Now, piss off. Sincerely yours, ANONYMOUS

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Dear Randi

I did not like HDK's last comment , so I refuse to even read his story. So please write my personal story right away if you please. In support of the more eloquent comments, ain't it amazing that people dare to bitch about something that don't cost nothing and may just turn out to be outstanding.

javmor79javmor79about 5 years ago
Don't like the comments.

I hate what I see in the comments. This site, these stories, are supposed to be about having fun. Writers write, readers read, and then we all log off and resume our lives in reality.

This site is fiction; a break from reality. When our fantasy world becomes as grim as our reality, what's the purpose?

Lets not get hung up on who got invited to what. If this event isn't for you, there are others.

My new year's resolution for 2019 was to let positivity flow through me. Things and people that cause me to not be positive are avoided (whenever possible). If I can't avoid them, I stay cognizant of my own reactions, and I put forth a positive energy.

I have found that I am happier overall. Not only that, but people who once gave me negativity now find it impossible to do so.

This negativity adds nothing. Be positive. If there are good stories in this event, read them and comment. If there aren't, skip them. Don't let your personal feelings about the people involved take away from the positivity that a fantasy site is supposed to inspire.

luedonluedonabout 5 years ago
"This site, these stories, are supposed to be about having fun." Javmor comment

It is indeed, Javmor. It's all a matter of how you take it.

First there are the stories, then there are the comments.

With the Loving Wives category, since most stories focus on what happens after a wife has been exposed as involved in an adulterous liaison, there is rarely much fun described. (The fun experienced by the wife before discovery is rarely appreciated by anybody but her, and most authors skip over it.)

With the Loving Wives comments, there can be more fun in reading the negative comments than in the positive ones. The degree to which some commenters allow themselves to become involved with the characters in the story, the story's structure, and the author's approach to the topic is most entertaining.

Even HDK has been deviating lately from the path of relentless positivity which he declared at the beginning of 2019. Despite that, his comments retain their entertainment value.

Lue

Ps: On the other hand, a few of the comments are not just negative, they are nasty. They are unfortunate.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: HDK

The point about the dislike of Anonymous comments has nothing to do with anonymity. As you say, we are all anonymous here. The point is that many of us enjoy the exchange of ideas in the comments, and it's hard to reply to "Anonymous" when there a six, or seven or more anonymous comments.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
@26thNC

Heh, Naw, that ain't the deal. You gotta read. You hoes always trying to game me. I'm onto you! :-) Seriously, though, these are some mad awesome stories. You gotta read them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

So does the great Randi encourage authors to post ALL the time or only when HER invitationals are on? And I notice all other 'events' have been open to all, not just the authors Randi chooses.

Randi says she'll write us a story if we don't like the LW one, I don't like your writing or your stories Randi so that isn't going to get me to read anything posted on a day YOU dictate it can be posted on.

green117green117about 5 years ago
Can't we all just get along?

Actually, I think the answer is no.

I say this not because I want it this way, just an observation from over the years.

It's kinda like saying there will be parasites that try to get something for nothing in every situation - they will try to take advantage of the situation because that is their nature, I guess. The ecosystem supports mosquito's and birds that eat them.

<Shrugs> I don't like everyone myself... and I still ask myself if BR's story in her first event was "legendary". But! I like the community building she does, and appreciate the stories that appear.

Because, after all, it's more than I do.

So, Mr Anonymous, and some of the named people as well - write those stories, make those communities, bring up and grow the author population, and I will appreciate you much more than I do now.

Not that that actually matters... but then again, what do comments matter, if they are poor written, of small mind and spirit, and seem like a cheap shot sent in the dark?

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Tell us more R and L

Black R and L

We know you invited the best

Why the rest and not the public?

Are these the writers who support Literotica's contests? Very few of them

Is your ego so fragile that public competition wouldn't serve your agenda?

The aussie stories were open

The 750 stories, a huge success, were open

Chloe's night in xxx is open and btw she supports the lit contests

Your contest, nope, glass egos

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
For crap sake!

STFU! If you don't want to read these invitational stories, then don't read them. It's that simple. Randi won't come around and put a gun to your head and force you to read them. I doubt Bebop3, HDK, or any other author will notice your absence in the least. Let it rest.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
More Anonymous Stupidity

"A) So does the great Randi encourage authors to post ALL the time or only when HER invitationals are on? B) And I notice all other 'events' have been open to all, not just the authors Randi chooses."

A) The ones that Randi is friends with or associates with? Yup. Supports them all the time. Continuously. Randi actually supports writers much more than you do, btw.

B) Than you have quite the short memory. Look a bit deeper and you'll find plenty that were invitation only.

_____

And once again, YOU are always free to contact Laurel and run your own event. But we both realize that would require you to do things other than post under 'anonymous' instead of your registered nom de plume. As always, it's so much easier to sit back and do nothing but take pot shots at people that actually create and accomplish things than it is to create something yourself.

So, lets get back to brass tacks, shall we? This or any other invitational event hurts absolutely no one. Not a single person.

This event does benefit the readers.

Who could possibly be offended by something that hurts no one and benefits lots of people? Those with personal grudges. Enjoy your umbrage. Hold it close and nourish it with your pettiness. Maybe it will keep you warm at night.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
More Anon Nonsense

"A) Why the rest and not the public?

B) Are these the writers who support Literotica's contests? Very few of them

C) Is your ego so fragile that public competition wouldn't serve your agenda?"

A) I'm assuming that it's because that's how Randi would like to run the event. As it's her event, she can run it any way she likes. It seems more than reasonable that if she's going to invest her time and energy, that she does so with people that she has a relationship with and enjoys working with. Seems logical to me.

B) How is that relevant to anything?

C) What competition? This event isn't a competition, like the Literotica run events. Like Randi's other events, this is a group of writers riffing on a theme.

As has been mentioned time and again, the wonderful thing about writer curated events is that Laurel is very receptive when it comes to suggestions and requests. Don't like Randi's events? Not a problem! Simply don't read them. Reach out to Laurel and run your own.

Pretty simple, right?

stev2244stev2244about 5 years ago
@ Anon "So does the great Randi encourage authors to post ALL the time...?"

I can at least answer that one.

The answer to your question is yes. Whenever I have a story to edit, Randi is there. It doesn't need to be one for her events. She's always a supportive and encouraging friend and is happy to see new stories, not just for her events.

The problem is that I am simply not motivated enough to write something outside of a few events.

I think that most of the stories in Randi's events would never have been written if she hadn't kicked us in the ass. Many of them have been well outside of our comfort zone. I personally would never have written a horror story if Randi hadn't brought that up.

I still don't understand why this is a bad thing. There have been some pretty good stories in her events in the past.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: The Great Randi

I can state from personal experience that Randi DOES encourage authors to post all the time. Some writers have gone relatively inactive for one reason or another. Maybe life has gotten in the way, they're bored, their muse has left them, maybe they're just fed up with all of the BS. These events encourage them to write again.

As for "dictating" the day it can be posted on? Well, yeah, that's what makes it an event. Any runner who wants to can run the Boston Marathon course on any day that they want, but if the want to run in The Boston Marathon they must qualify, and run when the BAA says to.

For someone who doesn't like Randi's stories or her writing, you seem to be spending a lot of time following her.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@green117 Re: Legends

I don't believe that Legends Day was about legendary stories, but about stories from authors that many readers consider legends. Not everybody will agree with the legendary status of any particular writer, I think that Randi chose writers that she believed most readers felt fell into that category.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Tell us more R and L"

This has nothing to do with egos, unless it's the egos of those who weren't invited.

This is not a contest, so there's no "competition" to fear.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Encouraging Writers

As I said in an earlier comment, I know from personal experience that Randi encourages other writers. I am one.

You may or not consider it a good thing, but I would never have posted a story without Randi's encouragement.

I flatter myself that I have grown as a writer, and that is due in no small part to Randi's guidance and the occasional kick in the butt!

I encourage you to sit back, take a deep breath. and relax. Read the stories, or don't. it won't matter to Randi or the writers. Comment on the STORIES as you feel appropriate.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
Anonymous dude,

I was responding to a commenter called anonymous. I have no issue with commenters remaining anonymous. It does lead to confusion when so many have the same name. I agree totally that I am as anonymous as anyone. Responding to one anonymous asshole could cause other assholes to think I was referring to them. That is the advantage of a handle. When you say HDK, we all know to which asshole you refer.

This is how you promote an event! Raise awareness and get people reading and commenting. I do hate to lose a single reader, especially when I'm dropping a major turd here in LW.

Lue is correct about the loss of my new gentle self. I need to get back to the gym and regain my resolution for 2019. Javmor has taken the position I was claiming! All comments are positive when it comes to promoting an event. Thanks to all, be they positive or negative commenters. It is all good!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
All this reasonable discussion

And the first story hasn't been written yet! Now there is even more anticipation. Bring it on !

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 5 years ago
Scary when I'm the adult in the group

You guys need to chill the hell out.

I applaud Randi's ability to come up with these events. And it makes perfect sense for her to ask some friends to help out. This assures that the event will be a success for the readers.

The fact that she didn't ask the rest of us is her right. It is also a free country, though, and for those of us who want to jump in and participate in the event, they can surely do so. This will only add to the event. I know I have jumped in on one event uninvited, and was thanked for my efforts.

I guess some people have their feelings hurt because they weren't asked. Time to grow up, boys and girls. This is not an us vs. them kind of thing.

I think the fact that a great group of writers can get together for the readers is a good thing. I would be proud to participate in any event Randi comes up with, if it piqued my interest and fell into my time frame. I won't be participating in this event because i don't do horror. I don't read the stuff, don't write the stuff, and although I like most of the writers on this list, I won't waste my time with their efforts this time. But I applaud them for participating just the same.

Write on, compadres.

Hooked

Raisa_GreywoodRaisa_Greywoodabout 5 years ago
Invitational events, Randi, etc.

Personally, I don't post to Lit anymore unless Randi invites me. I'm busy writing my own stuff, for ya know...money and shit. Quite frankly, Literotica is not a priority.

But Randi does something for me, aside from being gracious, encouraging, and an all around lovely person. By dint of begging and flashing those pretty eyes at me, she cajoles me into stretching my wings into genres and styles I might not otherwise approach.

I'm not claiming to be one of Literotica's greats. I'm not that prolific an author. I consider it an honor that Randi invited me in the first place - simply because I don't post my work here and she has no reason to believe that I'll submit something remotely acceptable and readable - aside from the fact that I've done it three times before, and usually at the very last minute. I've bowed out of a few, some due to lack of time, or lack of interest. Sometimes because I don't believe I can write to the prompt.

And that, I think, is the real issue. Randi invites authors who she knows can perform and meet a deadline. You want to get invited to an event? There's a list on the forums in Author Hangout. Ask the organizer and pitch your work. Want to join an open event? That's up there too.

We, the authors, don't really give a damn if you approve. Don't like the event? Don't read. Do you have an author you want to see included in an invitational event? Suggest them. Start your own. Ask for a spot in one. Be proactive and productive if you have a point to make. Infantile bitching isn't helpful.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinabout 5 years ago
My spot is open for anyone so inclined.

Since the comments have raised a valid point about exclusion, I am altruistially (also a dead computer issue) taking myself out of the competition. My spot is now available! So write your own story and submit. Better yet, do it in my style and post it in LW.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
As March 17th approaches, I am giddy with anticipation.

Check out the list of writers that promised to contribute. There are always a couple that have work and family emergencies that fail to post, but that is very understandable. The important thing to remember is some quality writers plan to post some quality stories for the reading public to enjoy. Word on the street is my personal favorite, my own contribution, 'Across the Universe' is far from the best story to be posted! Incredible as it may seem, those in the know tell me there will be stories scoring well over 4.5 and possibly closer to 4.8!

You try adding humor along with blood and gore in a Loving Wives story and see where you get. Grab a case of green beer, as well as a plate of corned beef and cabbage before hunkering down in front of your monitor to enjoy the day. It will be epic, and shit!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
I have now read several of the stories.

They are impressive AF! I am blown away. Even those for whom horror is not a favorite genre should be entertained by these!

green117green117about 5 years ago
Alright... time to go off on the Anonymous thing...

Anonymous isn't about people not being able to figure you out - if it were important, then your browser identification information (including cookies), and your packet traffic, makes tracing you back to your physical address not very difficult. You go "incognito"? Kinda like wearing a sign saying "pay attention to me - I could be doing something dicey".

What is Anonymous? Well... it is being nameless. In fact, if you want a simple and entertaining piece about the importance of names, try the film "Spirited Away"... that title works in the US, other places I believe have other titles...

How to make this emotionally clear? Well, how about a story - I was at the zoo in San Francisco - way in the corner, they had a habitat for Howler monkeys... way in the corner since they are noisy suckers. What people would do was stand outside the cage and howl at them... I did as well. It was amazingly satisfying... and I was shocked how much I bought into it. As I walked away, I wondered how I was any different from the monkeys in the cage... and I realized that I was different because I had a name, I had an independent and individual identity, different than a howling group of monkeys.

So, Anonymous - are you willing to take responsibility for what you say? Are you willing to stand up for the total bullshit you post? Are you willing to face those that you slander the next day? Do you have a name that you are willing to stand by, to build into an identifiable label, a trademark, a brand? Cause if you are, then a handle is no big effort to get. And if you aren't, then you are a monkey in a cage howling at the other foul, stinking, gormless monkeys.

Of course, getting a label doesn't evolve you per se - I could give you examples of that, most certainly... and the random Anonymous sometimes makes good points (to only momentary use, I think...)... but by and large, Anonymous is Nameless, and most Anonymous is like turning over a stone - watch them skitter back into the muck with the exposure.

Green-something

(@HDK - see? I too get angry at times. I'm not sure that trying to suppress anger works long term (though children must be protected) - and anger drives most of Loving Wives, I think. I think that you have been around here long enough to get some slack about what you are angry about - I'd be interested in seeing a florid and expressive piece about it - who knows, perhaps this very event is where it will come out. Most excellent if so!)

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
Green, I am not angry!

I am a positive, fun loving guy. The problem with anonymous commenters is readers cannot differentiate between the comments of each anonymous commenter. Every anonymous looks the same, and is spelled the same. Which anonymous asshole said what? It gets confusing. Since they really don't care enough to assume a simple handle, a point of reference as it were, they run the risk of being mistaken for a different anonymous asshole, which seems to upset them for some anonymous reason. I really find it quite entertaining.

Nothing that happens, or is said here is very important. Porn sites seldom cure diseases or bring about world peace. We are having fun. If commenters want to remain anonymous, that's fine. Who really gives a shit? This is a pastime, like baseball or tennis, without the exertion. It is entertainment. At times its pretty damn good entertainment! Tune in on St. Paddy's Day and be entertained. That goes double for anonymous, and triple for all anonymous assholes. You know who you are!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
I am still chuckling over one of the stories that will be posted March 17th.

Naturally, it's my story. Be sure to read the dozen or so stories posted here in Erotic Horror before sliding over to Loving Wives for my future award winning effort. You can't make this shit up, yet somehow, I do!

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesabout 5 years ago
LOL This comments section so spicy

Let's all just enjoy some scary wank pieces, ya'll. Or not! No one's controlling your mouse/fap hand but you! ;P

I had fun writing my story for this event. A few years ago I had another novella here in Erotic Horror called The Decline and Fall of Rowland Graves that did pretty well, and it was nice challenge to return to the Gothic horror genre again. And I got to exchange edits with a fellow participant, and her story was ambitious, hot, and well-orchestrated, so I definitely know some good stuff is coming everyone's way.

As for people being invited to the event or not, I have to say ... I write for a living. Amid work on my own books, I've been invited to participate in a number of themed boxed sets over the years. A few I've accepted and had a blast. A few I've turned down - either I didn't think I had any stories to write on the theme in question, or I didn't have time. And plenty of times, I've seen announcements for the releases of boxed sets that were on a theme that was 100% my wheelhouse, with authors involved with whom I'm personally friends, and momentarily felt that pouty feeling of "Hey, dang, I write [insert specific genre here], why the heck didn't they ask ME to be involved in this?" And honestly? It's not about me. People always think there's some personal motivation or vendetta to include/exclude people, and that's almost never the case. It's usually more like, who does the organizer know enough to feel comfortable hitting up, and moreover, do they have an inkling as to whether that person is available and willing to be involved? There have been Lit events before I would have liked to have been invited to, and I wasn't. There have been others where I was invited, and I declined. [shrug] We gotta learn to roll with stuff.

Bottom line is, sometimes people come knocking on our doors, and sometimes they don't. It is what it is, and it's not the end of the world.

Wow, that comment got all serious right away. To make it up, I promise my story for this includes a sloppy beej like, RIGHT AWAY, okay? Quacking noises and everything, promise.

Can't wait to read the other stories. :)

Son_of_BattlesSon_of_Battlesabout 5 years ago
To the Anon-Asshat that threw the tantrum about "exclusion" and "Eliteism".

You need to just chill a little. Maybe take a nap. It's not a contest with prizes that their excluding you from. It is an Event that they're doing because they want to. If they want to close it to only people they know and trust will perform under pressure then so be it.

The only reason I commented, asking if their had been a post on the forum that I might have missed, is because that's where I see most story events announced. If they don't want "Outsiders" (as you see it) then that's cool. If I had Randi's reputation, I would want to maintain a certain standard of quality as well.

So what am I going to do about not being invited to this shindig, you might ask? I'm going to work on one of the hundred or so story ideas that are drowning me already. If you weren't a no talent hack, wishing you were one of the big boys, you might have more things to occupy your time than crying endlessly about not being invited to sit at the grown-ups table.

Write something and make a name for yourself...preferably a name that isn't 'Anonymous'.

Too harsh?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
Tomorrow is the big day! (Unless the moderators don't post this before Sunday.)

Erotic Horror has not seen a new story posted here since Hector was a pup, but tomorrow will see that all change. The dozen people clamoring for new Erotic Horror postings will be in literary heaven!

EtaskiEtaskiabout 5 years ago
@HDK

"The dozen people clamoring for new Erotic Horror postings will be in literary heaven!"

XD hahaha! Ah, thanks for the laugh. ;) Possibly quite close to true, yet I'll be there, checking this shit out. I often feel this way. Sitting by myself. Looking for people who like horror movies to discuss...then just watching the horror movie alone. *sigh*

I'm proud to say that my story for this event greatly pleased one coworker, a big fan of Chambers's "The King in Yellow" and many HP Lovecraft stories, plus, his favorite novel of all-time is Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein." He's happy with my story, yay! And depressed by it. Hey, that still counts! :P

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
And we're live!

Thanks to all the writers for their amazing stories. I am amazed. The talent, patience and art demonstrated in these stories is mad dope! Happy reading! Randi.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinabout 5 years ago
I am pleased for the good stories and good reception so far

I'm gnashing my teeth at my inability to participate. I had a wonderful opportunity to be part of this awesome event, but the dog ate my computer before deadline. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm content to read great stories and live vicariously through those that participated. I'm enjoying these as a reader. This was a great day for stories.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
If you didn't read at least some of these stories,

you missed some very good writing. There are some real quality stories posted for this event. I thank everyone that commented on this promo. It all helps keep it in front of the readers' eyes. Oddly enough, even very negative comments help spark interest in the event. Thanks everyone and be on the lookout for the next invitational. Writers need readers! Thanks again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLiterotica@Literotica
2150 Followers
Hello world! The 2024 Literotica Special Contests Schedule is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-organized-challenge-list-2024-updated-jan-23.1601234/ The 2024 Literotica Author-Organized Challenge List is here: https://forum.literotica.com/threads/author-orga...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES