All Comments on 'Good Catholic Girl'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 5 years ago
Sweet story

Nice complement to some of the hard baked gritty stories you’ve done. Thanks

drkhonestydrkhonestyabout 5 years ago
Great story

I loved this story Thank you so very much for writing from a real world perspective.

scargazerscargazerabout 5 years ago

That was an awesome story with a hapoy ending. Thank you for writing it.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 5 years ago
Great read

I really enjoyed this one. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No room for racism?

You seem to have forgotten your "Z Axis = X2-5Y" story, Billybob. Truth is, you're a racist motherfucker from the get-go. You can fool some of the people who haven't read that pile of shit, but those who have, know. Fuck you and your "no room for racism." You rented the room and invited the guests.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Write how and what you want.

An author writes from his heart and with feeling. Your story was well appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I love you

I'm anonymous who keeps asking for a followup to the minor characters in Honey, etc., thank you for informing me that your not going to do a follow-up and though you seem grumpy as hell-I love you for your writing and for finding the good for those who deserve good and the bad for those equally deserving but also for sharing the redemptive joy of second chances...you keep writing I'll keep reading.

Love,

Anonymous

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 5 years ago
Good Story

I like the characters that you created and the storyline was nicely done. You write good dialogue. I don't mean so much the Cajun vernacular as the realistic conversations. Enjoyed it.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyabout 5 years ago
Truly enjoy your stories!

This one seemed a little “blue sky” but like all your other stories I’ve read I loved the characters and the Cajun dialogue. And when I say I love the characters, I really mean that. Like I wish they was real and part of my life. Only stories I miss is in categories I just don’t do! You seem so fine with no editor, but maybe a friend could proofread? :-) I’d volunteer if you got no friends!

Thanks for the stories, and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story

It's a nice change from the usual stories you find on the site. You captured the cultural differences very well and probably the best coon ass vernacular you can get via reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fantastic

Fantastic story as usual. This coonass sure does love your style as well as your stories. I can’t wait for your next submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Another good one

Always smile when seeing a story from you posted. Enjoyable characters and real life situations make your writing stand out from other writers. Especially appreciate your stand against racism.

Please keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
very good

As a Brit, I don't understand the big deal a lot of white Americans have against blacks, but I do know this story, though probably a fantasy is a good reason for interracial relationships.. Very well written, and grammatically good. Keep writing please!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 5 years ago
Thank you, sir

for letting Mr. Darius Duncan lose interest in our heroine. And for not letting Scott lose interest in her—not to mention his (improbably?) warm and welcoming family. And for not letting Kampala lose interest in her education.

But one wonders if Ritchie will ever cross paths with Dave Robicheaux. Could be interesting.

HighpikeHighpikeabout 5 years ago
Loved it

from start to finish, thank you.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 5 years ago
Now I'm sad

Poor Rayanne from Men in Blue. Sucks for Georgie, too. You know you're a great storyteller when you have a 45 year old man getting dust in his eyes over two fictional characters from a different story having their HEA ruined by a bee sting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Ummm???

This is a good story as far as I can tell.. I'm on page three, and I'm black, but cannot follow most of what is said in the argument between Darius, Kampala, and Scott. I'm trying hard because I want to see what happens, but I'm a SOUTHERN BLACK woman, and still cannot understand what the hell is being said. :-\

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Okay...

After page three, I kept reading. I haven't even slept yet, so since I left the comment last night, I kept reading, and it is now 8:46 AM. I just now finished the story, and I love it! I was rooting for Scott and Kampala all the way. I was glad that the "conflict" with Darius wasn't a HUGE conflict. Most people will write in a rival was an ex-lover of one of the main characters and just keep bringing them back until you're just absolutely sick of it.

Then they have the cliche of that ex-lover doing whatever they can to sabotage the relationship, and it almost works, but then the main characters see through the ruse and get back together. Sometimes the ex gets comeuppance, sometimes they don't. You made just the right amount of conflict, and then he didn't come around anymore. Just set his sights on someone else. I was thankful for that.

The way the characters speak and the way the story flowed kind of slowed me down. I didn't understand some of it, but for the most part, I got through it, and it's a good story. Thank you!

Fliccy_subFliccy_subabout 5 years ago
Lovely.

While I could give criticism i won't, because despite the errors, it's a lovely story and touching. Well done.

I hope you will write more like this as it brought a shine to my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you

I liked this enough to look at your other stories. I especially like the idea of the single mom finding a real family who take her in a make her part of them. Love wins. Thank you.

cpl8140cpl8140about 5 years ago
5*

Another winner from JimBob44.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Arville Brodt is the greatest QB in the history of the State of Louisiana.

And you're a hell of a writer.

Honestly, I thought of you when reading obits and accolades for Dan Jenkins. There's something about the South and about Louisiana in particular that produces storytellers. And storytelling is something we don't value as much as we should.

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonabout 5 years ago
Wonderful story...

I could hear people singing "Auld Lang Syne" somewhere in the background, I swear. Great story, JimBob. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow!

What a great story! Looking forward to more of the same. Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

i generally donot make a comment. just enjoy. love slap hapy papy #9

rlh100rlh100over 4 years ago
Racisim is not an American value

Great story. keep up the writing.

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Good Job

5 stars Loved the story from beginning to end. Ritchie's drunk driver made me cry. Mostly because I think we've all seen those accidents in the paper or newscast.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story!

This was a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Very good style, realistic talking between actors. The only BUT i could find is what most erotic stories do: after the initial troubles, all goes perfect, life improves in a straight line and of course sexual activities all lead to satisfying orgasms and the male performs with energy. Because of the depth of this story, the good writing... i hope the author will slowly introduce more complexity into future stories.

drkhonestydrkhonestyover 4 years ago
As usual

A stellar effort. I expect nothing less from you and the stable of characters you have brought to life ! Thank you !!

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

Nice story. Simple, to the point, nice conflict and nice resolution.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What is going on JimBob? Scott didn’t get Kampala’s ass. I was waiting to the very end, salivating about Kampala’s fine ass getting plowed and guess what no plowing! Still it was a great story.

tlevanssrtlevanssralmost 3 years ago

I loved this story. You showed a girl from the Projects growing up and making something of her life. You showed real life on a piece of paper. Really enjoyed it. will be reading some of your other stories. 5 stars

MidMichCowboyMidMichCowboyover 2 years ago

Sometimes it’s nice to read a feel good story with happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Always enjoy JB44’s stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jim Bob 44, You are a good story teller and the sex is incidental. I am a writer (as well as an editor) and an excellent story teller (at least other professionals tell me so); so my praise is sincere as well as professional. Your story was also inspiring and full of hope. Keep up the good work.

A friendly note: don't let stupid negative people get you down or make you bitter.

You are too great an artist to let "low-lifes" pull you down. Hope you do a novel some day. I will buy it!

JustBobbinAlongJustBobbinAlongover 2 years ago

Love this story and I'm the "anonymous who wants you to make the minor characters into a story", thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After reading your comments at the end your stories, I realized the second hardest part to writing. When to end the story as much as how much detail for the lead characters as well the supporting ones. I will try to remember that when I read a story and wish it had more to it.

AC in SC

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

After reading The King of Garbage, did I realize who Nicole King was. He couldn't help save her, his own daughter, so through her name he helps young women without a way to have a better life, become what he wished his daughter could have been. He is truly a good man as so many that work for him would say. My first meeting of Mr.King was in ,Righting a wrong. Honestly, I was very pleased that you continued showing him in a good light. Too bad his son didn't take more after his dad. Maybe he will grow up one day. AC in SC.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It may be IR, but it is a wonderful Romance.

Tricky dialog done well, too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Can't believe that someone wouldn't like them as much as I did...

Rainyday493Rainyday493about 1 year ago

Excellent, nice & spicy sex, soppy ending (not a complaint). Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Many thanks for a good storey, and your taking the time and effort to write it. Too often readers here forget that you guys put in an awful lot of work into these for nothing other than personal pleasure and constructive feedback.

In the spirit of constructive feedback - being an Englishman, the accent and sentence structure while feeling ok, did make fluid reading of this one difficult at times for me. I found myself having to re-read parts to get their meaning. Not sure how you would be able to alter this to make it easier though, or even if you would want to?

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I enjoy your comments almost as much as your stories, there is no place in this world for bigotry or racism.

Bless you, thank you, the Bluegrass Boy.

JustBobbinAlongJustBobbinAlong8 months ago

JimBob44, I am the former "Annonymous" who clamored for a follow up to two minor character in the "Honey, Sweatheart and Sugar" story, I tell you this by way of re-introducing myself. I love your stories and come back to this one time and time again. As an African American woman it is difficult for me to express how much I appreciate you writing about a man and woman finding each other and that man and his family loving and protecting that woman and her child. Thank you, JustBobbinAlong

wmjm54wmjm544 months ago

You make miss takes and your characters speak a language I don't know. But uou are the best.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have read and saved many of your stories, it still surprises me how you create people and places that seem so real ,that when I research them and I am shocked they aren't real.

Love this story that goes from years of hate for white people to the realization it was not as she was taught and she feels more a part of a family in Scott's family then she did her own. AWC in SC.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
5049 Followers
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.

SIMILAR Stories