All Comments on 'Not the Call He was Expecting'

by hotprof1973

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
WordcraftWordcraftabout 5 years ago
NOPE

Inflicting emotional trauma is not a prank. An upset husband could abruptly leave and do something foolish or turn to physical trauma.

A prank is asking the wife to go change because they were eating out, then when she is dolled up finds hubby outside in the back yard grilling burgers and dogs.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Prank

All these prank stories are going a little too far. As the previous commenter said, hearing some something like this could cause an angry man or woman to do something they couldn't take back. Telling someone their parents were divorcing, or someone was injured or dead, wouldn't be real funny either.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
It was a double prank, in that . . .

. . . the husband had gotten a blow job from the stripper.

Maybe in Clintonworld eatin’ ain’t cheatin’ but I doubt Rhonda would see it that way. According to the end of this story, if the stripper had tongued the women’s pussies, Jonah would have had to have been OK with it, but really, is there a qualitative difference between a stripper giving a guy a blow job at a bachelor party, and a stripper fucking a woman at a bachelorette party?

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 5 years ago
Pranks have a way of getting out of hand.

Then it end in tears and a divorce.

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
NO PRANK!

TORTURE IS NOT A PRANK, This was a CRAP story, poorly written and not enjoyable, ON ANY LEVEL... Complete fail , I gave it one star for pity on your writing skill. Very Poor, don't try this childish stuff at home!

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
I wonder...

how his brother would feel if Jonah had slapped Ronda so hard that if knocked her out and then he took catsup, poured some on her chest, took a butcher knife and stuck it between her arm and her chest, angled the picture so you couldn't tell it wasn't real then sent it to his brother with the text 'See what your whore caused' to see how he liked the prank.

LazylonerLazylonerabout 5 years ago
Doesn't really feel like a "prank"

To me a prank, especially an April Fools prank is supposed to be something both the victim and the dastard pulling it off should be able to laugh at. Its supposed to be playful and fun.

This is not playful and fun. If the husband here was anything like some of the wives put into these stories he would have been up and out the door right after hearing his brother say that Rhonda had cheated and would only have resurfaced after sending video with him involved in an orgy with 2-3 hot women. The marriage would have been irredeemably shattered.

Instead we get a rather mean-spirited conversation with what appears to be an extremely selfish couple who are more interested in causing emotional upset than helping, only for the wife to then completely drop the subject and pretend that it didn't cause any harm when she reveals the prank.

Not my cup of tea.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 5 years ago
Agree with the other commenters...

... these are not pranks, these are deliberate and harmful mental assaults. If my wife ever did this to me, or I do her - rightfully that would cause a permanent rift that I would never expect to heal.

These actions could ONLY be done by someone with absolutely no regard for the injured party, and definitely a complete lack of love or respect. A joke is something that can be laughed at by both parties after the fact - this kind of mental cruelty could never be laughed at - except by complete psychopaths.

TailakaTailakaabout 5 years ago
Just cruel

This is the kinda prank that if the HUSBAND pretended to cheat the wife would put him in the doghouse for 6 months. The wife though thinks it's funny. It's just sick.

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 5 years ago
This wasn't a prank.

This was a life-altering event. Going forward he'll never forget this and whatever his wife or brother tell him in the future, he'll always remember this prank and question whether or not they're telling him the truth. Who wants to live life like that? This reminds me of Agena's story about a joke his wife played. It was the same as this story. A prank gone wrong. Over-the-top meanness. Jonah may stay married, but his marriage and his relationship with his Brother will never be the same. And his single thought was how to get even next year? Can you say stupid?

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 5 years ago
There is a difference between cruel and funny.

This ain't funny.

hotprof1973hotprof1973about 5 years agoAuthor
warned to not take this one too seriously

Still surprises me on this category in particular, people have a hard time having a suspension of disbelief and expect plots to confirm perfectly to reality. I've tried to make majority of my submissions here as plausible as possible (just how I'm used to writing), but sometimes - submitting to an erotic site - you just want the cheesy 70s wah music playing in the background and just have a plot too absurd to be realistic and enjoy the ride. Ridiculous Bet was one of those stories, as is this one. Considering this stories rating is above 3, I'm guessing enough people get that obviously no siblings or couples would ever really do this, and accepted it as a far-fetched fantasy.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Hotprof

I liked the story. It was different, and showed great imagination. But it did depict a very cruel joke that could have had bad consequences. Readers here on LW tend to get emotionally involved in a good story , and care about the characters. Isn't that what a good author wants? You made a lot of people care about this story, even if they didn't like it very much. I gave you a *4, for your imagination and writing ability. I think it was a good story that got a lot of attention.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
HP73, the humor in this prank was of the racial slur or mocking a disabled person quality

As noted, it was too far towards the Agena end of the prank spectrum to be even a bit funny

IMO Pranks are generally favored by low class losers who are not smart enough to find something funny to say without insulting someone.

hotprof1973hotprof1973about 5 years agoAuthor
I partially agree 26thNC

As a writer, it is great to see readers care enough about your characters that they pick them apart and discuss them like actual people. However, when they criticize and insult the same person who created them when the story doesn't confirm to their view of reality. I really thought it I wouldn't have to state, in real life, obviously what happens in this story wouldn't be funny. However, it was to these characters, and they have a relationship where pranks like this aren't as devastating as in real life. I guess I was too subtle in suggesting that Jonah joked in his picture from the Bachelor Party that they were having sex with the strippers... Is there any rule April Fool's stories have to be funny?

chytownchytownabout 5 years ago
Good Fun Read*****

Great prank people will always try to out do each other when pranking. Do not start it if you can not take it. Thanks for sharing.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Hmm

wonder if they would have felt quite so clever if hubby had backhanded her. Guy I know probably killed his wife over not much more except it was true. Still haven't found the body or solved the crime.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Honestly, that's enough to slap the silliness out the bitch and give your brother an epic beatdown.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Good way

to get husband thrown in jail for beating his wife. Dumb joke, dumb couple, dumb story.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
ONE UPMANSHIP

has to have an ending that no one will like. TK U MLJ LV NV

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 5 years ago
This needs a follow up.

Some serious pranking the wife is in order.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 5 years ago
With the pranking and take to one-up-man-ship...

This is a divorce waiting to happen... just as soon as one goes too far for forgiving or coming back from.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

This wasn't worth the time I wasted reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Some One Is Going To End

Up dead or worse. A joke is a joke till someone gets hurt, With family like this the baby is going to be too stupid to survive. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Stupid ass shit

Pulling stupid jokes like this has, and will, cause many a breakup between spuoses and old friends. I really fail to see how anybody with a lick of common sense can find this crap funny.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 4 years ago
Pranking someone can go very badly

Pulling a prank on a close friend or loved one can go very badly depending on the subject matter and how the person reacts. It can end friendships, marriages, and possibly even lives. Not worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story

Stupid people though.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 4 years ago
I could not finish a 1-pager

The story got so stupid at the point of a video and blackmail that I could not finish it even as a 1-pager.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Total garbage, not even remotely funny, in fact pretty sick. -5.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 4 years ago
Interesting Story

and well written. However, the closest we come to a "good" character is the two year old. Also, a prank is typically just funny or slightly embarrassing, not anger provoking or spirit crushing.

Great experiment, HotProf. Keep 'em comin'.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Well done. I would still have trust issues after that prank...

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Trust issues....

While it was interesting story, about a prank, I would NEVER trust her again. Yeast infection, my ass. She said that they didn't do anything that the men didn't do at the bachelor party, so that means someone got some kind of sex, be it oral or more. Hmmm. I really see that this pranking will lead to divorce because it will go overboard( on a sex kind of joke). Though he forgave her, he better be careful of her outside activities. 2 out of 5 stars. I would like to see another chapter and see what kind of joke leads to their demise.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Why are they married? Neither respects the other.

allyliterallyallyliterallyalmost 3 years ago

Good fast story. Pity about the spoiler right at the beginning that this was an April Fools' contest. Took the surprise away. In such instances, a note after the story would have been better.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 star - practical jokes always go too far and hurt people.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

The main unknown issue is what really happened with the black stripper, when she told Jonah the story it sounded pretty convincing especially having Jonah wear a condom, now if you think about it a question like this would haunt Jonah forever. and that unknown question could destroy their marriage.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Still not funny, but it is a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Marriage ending prank.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Good story, though that was not a funny prank.

And evidently they both cheated on each other, so that marriage is pure shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Two shitty people committed to the future. It will turn out well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well crafted story- lived up to author’s intro. Don’t trash the author- it’s a story. Move on if you don’t like it. Comments should be for the story and not what reader likes

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So, his wife Rhonda gave the stripper a blow job, and nobody thought anything of it. Not good. And definitely not funny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story with typos, life goes on. Creative story well told. A warning about jokes on a mate, bad idea. I tricked my wife into thinking i was transferred to Kodiak Alaska, I let it go for 2 days, she pranked me back saying she was pregnant and let it go for 6 weeks. At a dinner party everyone knew but me, they all finally told me at once, I haven't seen or talked to any of them in 3 yrs. I agreed to be transferred to Utah of all places just to get away. I hope they are happy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Of course you realize this means war." Bugs Bunny. I shudder to think what he'll come up with next April 1st. I think pranks are kind of childish, myself. Just saying.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

They are playing with fire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very poor joke!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Acting like children

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A bunch of very sick fucks!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Could've been an intriguing story... but then the "Gotcha!" You can play games with a lot of things, but def not with a husband thinking his wife cheated & got pregnant by another man. Even the April Fool's joke about her parents divorcing was in poor taste, tho not as bad as the one Jonah received. And he's thinking of topping that? Mental delinquents. Expected more from this writer. 2 stars. -- Bob

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Interesting tale. Truth is often stranger then fic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was well written

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thinking my next prank would be a disappearing one - permanently!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really don't understand these prank stories. They all just seem deliberately hurtful, even the ones told in-story that happened as precursors. I'd fucking divorce my wife if she deliberately made me believe something like that. Though, to be fair, she should have divorced him for that fucking cruel prank about her parents. What the fuck is wrong with this couple?

Wonder if there really are such screwed-up couples. Probably are, and that's sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pranks often cover up a nasty truth. Does he really know the truth?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Take it for what it was: a funny prank story. Move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All four of them are adolescent beyond belief. They'll go on out-pranking each other until they reach the full potential of their inherent stupidity which will finally break their marriages.

As everyone knows "You can't fix stupid".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, I agree, not funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny prank? Are you still in High School? More like extremely passive-aggressive behavior. Why would you want to inflict this much pain on someone you profess to love? This is seriously fucked up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done story and creative. Jokes like that are nothing but cruel.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

Funny story, well-written as always, and I enjoyed it, but that's exactly why I don't like pranks in reality. But in literature... five stars, especially for the ending line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nasty but hilarious...not! Still creative. Fortunately Rhonda wouldn't go to all that effort if she (a) didn't liver her husband and (b) want to teach him a lesson on multiple levels.

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Good story. In real life I hate pranks especially mean ones, but in a story it’s ok.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorldover 1 year ago

Still would have divorced her. And divorced the entire family. I don't do jokes, my sense of humor does not exist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hilarious. Notnfunnynto be on the receiving end but he kid of deserved it. Tough when his brother is involved as well. Lol.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

Give me a fucking break.

HighBrowHighBrow10 months ago

I was just about to channel surf, when the Femdom agitprop punk was explained.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a wuss. I’d pack a bag and leave - for a couple weeks. Send dear wife pictures of me with a couple hookers. Honey it’s just a joke…. She if she thought it was funny. But the divorce paper’s weren’t a joke.

Or Meg took a video and it showed the girls blowing the stripper. Next year the video was distributed to family and their contacts. It was just a joke.

ker63469ker634698 months ago

Once it came out this was just a sick joke, that did it for me. Downhill after that. He should have told all three conspirators to fuck off

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit4 months ago

Doesn't make any sense at all!

His BROTHER who for some ungodly reason has a Girl's name, has a baby born nine months BEFORE their wedding, a daughter whom as it turns out, is not biologically his, but has been sired by a black male-stripper from her hen-party for the wedding that is going to happen in nine months time?

-Confused? Don't worry, after much entangled befuddlement, all will be be conflafrated in due course!

Lewis Carrol might have approved, others less so!

Good read if you're high on magical mushrooms, perhaps?

R.S.

mariverzmariverz3 months ago

DickSnugfit

Amigo, en serio no entendiste la historia?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Stupid concept. That's not a practical joke. That crosses too many lines, that would have ended the relationship with any intelligent, thinking individual...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Jonah is an asshole. Enough said.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userhotprof1973@hotprof1973
1261 Followers
Just to confirm what ppl have been asking: yes "One Last Bet," is my final submission here, which I decided before submitting it. In my life & writing career, it's time to move on from this genre of writing. Other than my dreaded 2nd and 3rd stories (which I know many people ...

SIMILAR Stories