All Comments on 'What I Don't Understand'

by Goldeniangel

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Rantings of a decent (but

2 prolific?) author or so it seems. Venting appears to be ok for you, so why do you attempt to bash those who take the time to read you?

Has it occured to you that without readers this site wouldn't - couldn't exist. As for anon. is the name on your drivers licence your chosen authors name? We are all anon. and thats good isn't it! For all you know, I may have written more stories than you so that doesn't wash does it?

Venting is good isn't it - I already feel better don't you?

Look, I'm proud of your guts to be in the Kitchen but if it occasionally gets too hot - get out before it hurts you emotionally. All the cliche's apply - nobody can please all the people all the time, nobody every hits 1000 or catches every pass or etc..

However, if the complaints are consistant on a theme or style or subject - if you aren't pleasing your customers more often than not, why are you interested in the pain that you serve up knowingly to yourself?

I know you are not a black hole author like some here who don't care who they constantly deal pain and frustration to - you have strong talent - I would like to see you occasionally write less but longer stories you could get you teeth into - flount your talent a little. There is little challenge for you doing what you currently do.

Lighten up - toughen up as I know you will - no more whining - you are a big girl aren't you? with Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Goldeniangel - If you believe your have a talent

and wish to express it publicly, then do it. On this site you'll pick up comments from some of the scum on this earth - wierdos, sickos, thickos and goodness knows what else. But arising through those self, mansturbating dicks of both sexes, you will find - if you write well enough - some very encouraging, thoughtful and helpful comments that will serve to encourage and strenghen you. Just believe me - this is a weird site. But do not despair or lose momentum - if you believe you have got it, flaunt it. I as a moderately prolific contributor to the site have been both flattered and challenged by the comments of some respondents whom I sense have something intellectual between their ears, unlike the scum. Just think of it as a ship - the Captain (educated and competent, usually), in command, supported by fellow officers, a mixed bag of a crew, some more literate than me and perhaps you, and below them are the rats. Focus on the captain the the men who support him (or her) that get the ship away from port and home again, mission completed. Sorry about the flowery way of presenting this - I've just sunk a bottle of NZ beautiful Hawkes Bay Chardonnay, opened the portal and saw you crying, in need of support. Write, and write well, rising to new heights and bury the scum. Gosh, I feel empowered writing this. I'm off to start a new submission. Good luck, Goldeniangel.

Landrious1Landrious1over 18 years ago
I for one Agree!

Granted I'm not as prolific as you (but I'm working on that) however on my first (and to date only story on this site) I have received both good and bad feedback. Feedback I don't mind, it's the blatent BASHING that gets on my nerves. I'm writing a romance in the novel/novella section and I get bashed by cowards who haven't the stones to leave a name. It takes a tremendous investment in time and energy(not to mention ego) to put a work out there for people to read. If they like it or not we want to know. Mine got the lable of trash and garbage by several people who never read past the first chapter. I have read many of your stories and you are part of the inspiation to write. Please continue and do not let the ravings of cowards detract from the enjoyment you get from writing.

Landrious1

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
It's an ego support

The really severe trolls have extremely low self esteem and no real way to build some.

So they take the standard human action of tearing at the self esteem of others. "If I can't feel good about myself," they rationalise, "I can at least make others feel worse."

And they're feeding their addictions. As you noted many of the trolls are hateful and angry. These two emotions are highly addictive.

By reading stories that trigger these emotions, they are getting their hit.

AlexandraAlexandraover 18 years ago
Well Said

You expressed my sentiments perfectly. I don't understand readers who are disgusted by a story that they apparently wasted half an hour of their life reading. Would they be the same people happy to have the government censor everything that they could read or see so that they won't be offended accidentally?

Keep writing, keep offending, keep pleasing, that's what it is all about!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Keep writing, ignore the naysayers

People say "It takes all kinds". I disagree, it doesn't take all kinds, but unfortunately we have all kinds.

The only answer is ignoring them.

VitorioVitorioover 18 years ago
I agree

Reluctantly I find myself having to agree with Goldeniangel. I enjoy receiving feeback, even negative believe it or not, by why can't people who post it exercise even a modicum of politeness! I'm sure they don't realise how hurtful such feedback can be. We bare our souls (well our fantasies anyway) and a virulent attack (and some feedback is) is unhelpful and rude.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You take yourself too seriously

You're taking yourself and this little erotic story site way too seriously...

You don't write books for a living... you write little nasty stories that people get off on... well... at least if they're written decently...

There are stories on this site that are garbage and when I read them I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong by saying so...

So don't put yourself up there with the great authors of all time... because you aren't and you aren't going to get that kind of respect... nor do you deserve it...

GoldeniangelGoldeniangelover 18 years agoAuthor
I don't think...

*cough*

previous commenter would be EXACTLY what i'm talkinga bout.

just WHERE did i claim that i'm a "Great Writer"... um, no where. they just wanted to justify an attack, but they have no basis to. yeah, i write nasty little stories, and some people do enjoy them... so? you're OBVIOUSLY reading those "nasty" stories because in SOME way YOU enjoy them... explain that to me.

cuz that's kinda my point... sorry that you missed it. obviously, you were too busy looking for something that you could find wrong with me... which is also my point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
dear author

I intentionally go to read stories and give them a lousy vote just to piss off authours that think the site is all about them. Who do you think the site owners like better, an author that doesn't want many of the readers to read their stories or a reader that is there and sometimes clicks on the links that cause the site owners to make money(ie..I bought a couple sex toys thru this site) I'm sure that you have done nothing else with this site other than clutter it with your dribble.

If the owners had to pick authors like you or readers like me, who do you think they would pick.

Mikey59833Mikey59833over 18 years ago
Thanks for your thoughts

I have often found myself thinking many of these same thoughts when, eh, shall we say, those readers with dimished social skills, read and send in comments.

Personally, if a story doesn't do much for me or contains certain areas of eroticism that just aren't my thing, I simply quit reading it and move on. Sheesh! What is so hard about that?

My only complaint about some authors is their lack of proper use of the English (American version) language. But, I don't feel it is my place to correct them. As above, just move along suits me fine.

Anyway... better stop this monotonous monologue.

P.S. I didn't use a spell checker or language checker for this, so other commenters, please no corrective suggestions!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
can we all get along

in the real world you got good and bad,some like reading about wimpy husband and some don't.people feel strongly about what they believe in as you write about what you belive in.some crap go thru this site and some good writing go thru too.see the crap sometime make it bad for the good writings.on a hold the good readers with do good by the writers.i'm not good at writing,but i admire the people who write and tell their stories some good and some bad.the equal median of good and bad readers are like the same with writers.a pen is dangerous thing in the wrong hands,people sometime believe everything they read.so somethings need bad grades to let the writer know that not cool.i hope this help, from a reader.thanks and put good writing and stories on the site.

olsaltolsaltover 18 years ago
Thanks

Had some of the same insane comments about my writings. You have a lot of time to write and I have enjoyed reading the ones I have read. To hell with the "turkeys" who write us comments they aren't man enough to sign. If they were real men or women they would be getting off on our stories they would be living their own. I plan to write more about my wife's adventures as I have time. Enjoying our adventures made me realize some of these stories are true.

Rave on.

Olsalt.

old6911old6911over 18 years ago
Keep up the good work

Don't let the nay sayers get you down. Remember they must live in their own sad little world all the time, but are only able to share their bile with others occasionally.

To anonimous USA read the title of this site its all about literate erotica. The sale of toys I suspicion is simply to keep the doors open if you will.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I START TO READ LOVING WIFE STORIES

Because there are still some stories about LOVING WIVES. Some author's tell you at the begining of the story that it's a cuckold story and if hate this type of story than to stop reading it. So i do stop reading it.THANKS to author's that do that.Not all stories are about some whore wife that fucks around, or some sick,wimpy,cuckold bastard that likes or needs to watch his wife get fucked. There are also stories where a man is a man and does what about 90% of men would really do if they found out or caught their wives fucking around. I say about 90% because their are a few that forgive and than of course their are those few sick fucks that get turned on. People in the lifestyle always say that their marriage and sex life is great, but if its great than why do you go into the lifestyle. Think about who brought up the idea of the lifestyle. Now why would your wife/husband even bring it up if they were as happy as they say they were with your marriage and sex life. In my opinion, because there not happy with one or both.On the other hand they were or are cheating on you.Think about it.

playingcardcompanyplayingcardcompanyover 18 years ago
Comments About Stories

Writing fiction is hard. I haven't put anything on board for 2 reasons: 1, I don't remember my password & can't post even this criticism here under my banner (I will sign it below) 2, I don't think I can equal the sex scenes that the good writers have written & I wonder about creating believable dialogue. If I get my password, maybe I'll take a stab at something.

The interracial stories: Many, many, many of them seem to go out of their way to insult white males. Maybe there are others where the black male is the underdog & being victimized but a lot are just about ugly ghetto-mentality people that are on a power-ego trip( and being the victim of past deprivation doesn't give nastiness a license) and fucking white women is really gratifying. Yes, I will apologize to any decent black guy who is just trying to enjoy life & get ahead like any white, Asian, Native American or Hispanic guy, but I will not apologize to boneheads (of either sex) whose stories are racist---& don't give me that bit that blacks can't be racist. Stupidity & Ugliness are Equal Opportunity Qualities. And none of those stories come anywhere near Richard Wright, Ishmael Reed, playwright August Wilson or anyone remotely of that quality.

Loving Wives: There are three major type of story here: 1,The wife-sharing story---swinging & banging like a saloon door. 2, the wimp story where the husband is humiliated 3, the revenge story with electronic cameras, etc., a team, or at least one, lawyer in the wings ready to collect their(his/her)commission, the caught and now bawling (instead of balling) wife asking for forgiveness, and the perpetrator with his nuts just whacked with a baseball bat---he now has a squeaky voice---or lying out on some nightclub parking lot,a bullet in his brain. Wrong. I neglected all the stories told by the woman's point of view. I guess I don't read them religiously because I don't identify with them.

Yes, there have been grunts and sneers that masquerade as comments on these stories. The situations in these stories touch raw nerves. It would be good for people to feign a civilized comment even if they disagree with the author's viewpoint & premise. I find the wimp cuckold stories anathema. I like, if possible, reconciliation in the revenge stories but it depends on the characters & the situations. What I really like are surprises in the plots. These stories are formula-based but if the author can get you to really sympathize with and take an interest in a character's fortune, or misfortune, or if the plotting is as good as an O'Henry story, then the story is a success regardless of the author's de facto philosophy. I think intelligent readers would like some real life similitude. Oh yeah, there are those who just want their stories dripping with sex. The consentual sharing stories are the only stories capable of having unadulterated sex with their adultery. The other types have some perverse emotion---be it anger, disgust, shock, humiliation---mixed in. Nobody in their right mind---in their right mind?---is going to be wanking off in the Loving Wives area. Maybe anger or humilition gets you off, but that is a sad state of affairs for humanity as a whole.

Non-consentual sex: Does this type of story attract the Future Rapists of America, Australia, Great Britain? A good story can be constructed from the material inherent in this plot but the glorification of a rapist isn't actually one of the better promotions in the world of real sexual relations. If the tale is descriptive in the emotions causing and caused by rape, by society's action or inaction---no, that is too sophisticated for most of the tales here. This genre can be like the slasher movies, except that cocks are used instead of knives. I'm not drawn to getting into this category.

Mind Control and Sci-Fi and Fantasy worlds: Here the settings & plots can get interesting

Erotic Horror: Ditto---as long as we don't get into the Marquis de Sade mentality, though his work is considered classic in some circles. Sade's amateur followers are not in the same league---they are more into the verbal equivalent of the C Movie "Blood-sucking Freaks" (heavy w/pigs'blood). However, Horror stories do have possibilities, because the settings and plot twists are limited only by the author's imagination.

Erotic Couplings, the First Time, Mature(eh? maybe), and other sexual stances and positions can be very erotic depending on which way your wind blows. These stories have the potential to set hands in action.

Romance & Non-erotic stories are more concerned with feelings and psychology than tremors on the Masters and Johnson scale.

Bottom lines for good fiction are the story development & plot innovations. The readers? The audience here probaly follows a Bell Curve---on the left the certifiably depraved. On the right a second cousin to Jerry Falwell( to use a once litigious name). Stupid comments will be continued to be grunted in typed words. Insulting stories will continue to be written and those that don't like them will flush their memory down the toilet. Sexually exciting & inciting material will continue to fan flames in bedrooms all over America, Australia, Great Britain and, we can't forget, India.

I'd like to see people show each other more respect around here but look at your newspaper headlines. It ain't going to happen.

playingcardcompany

amber464amber464over 18 years ago
in support of your view

while i have never read any of your submissions, i feel that you are totally justified in condemning those that would dissaprove of your ideas and fantasies. it is true that if you do not wish to read that type of fantasy then you won't. perhaps the people that are being so critical of your sexual preference are in denial and secretly harbor the same feelings as yourself. this explains how their fingers take them to the place they long to be, but dare not go in reality.

i would also like to add that although you may not have been a published author, this does not in any way mean that you are not a writer. some people measure success on others opinions, personally i think that this is a very weak trait. at the end of the day, if you feel your story was written exactly the way you pictured it and you are happy with that, then fuck the minority who make themselves feel good by trying to make you feel bad.

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 18 years ago
comment

i agreed, more or less, with what you said in your essay. the more you dragged it out it started to sound like a pitty party for yourself, though. simply put, if your going to allow yourself to be exposed to the world in a public forum, your just going to have to learn to cope (ignore) the true assholes.

i spend a lot of time here reading, occasionally leaving a comment, and i try to be polite but honest in what i say. i have seen some readers write incredibly hurtful comments,which were obviously composed in a manner to be exactly that,hurtful.i'm sure the receiving writer has a stronger view than i (you sure do!!) about this nastiness,but after i get over my own anger at how one person treats another i start to feel sad for that reader. i often wonder whats missing or what happened in this persons life to make such poor comments on something that in the end isn't really important at all (sorry). i shutter to think that this type of reacting is how he/she lives all aspects of their life.

where you really blew it in your essay as far as i'm concerned is when you make your 'rebuttal' comment.

*cough*

previous commenter would be EXACTLY what i'm talkinga bout.

your acknowledging what he said is more or less accurate and then complaining that he said it !! huh? and i have to tell you i view his comments as a mild slap of your hand and your reaction as a child sitting in her room pouting.

if you just needed to get all this off your chest i hope it worked.posting this as an essay will overall give you a gentler reponse. thats the good and bad news. bad because the people who your focusing on won't bother to read an essay!! lol. you won't cure these people so just ignore them. remember that old childhood rhyme about ' sticks and stones'. these comment can only hurt you if you let them.

good luck and keep writing,

don

HipnoticHipnoticover 18 years ago
It must be good...

The best works of art have prompted the worst public outcry, so rock on. Imagine the impact your stories have had on those folks; they took the time to leave impassioned feedback about your work. It's interesting to think that people who truly dislike something are usually more emotional about it than those who support it. While I haven't yet read any of you other submissions, I have to think they're good if they're prompting this type of response.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
VERY STRONG Feelings -That's why

AS a constant browser of the LOVING WIVES section I can guess that the wimp vs. revenge story' feedback is the most intense and most vicious. Yes -PLEASE tell us Revenge Lovers up front that this is a "Husband eats ocean of shit story" and we'll move on.

All of us married men do wonder what our reaction would be if we caught our wives taking it up the butt from some guy. 90 % of all guys would divorce her on the spot. Yet the actual story numbers of wimp husband stories is at least 900% weighted to the wimp stories. Us Revenge Guys want more stories showing our side or what we would call being closest to reality. If I have been tricked by a 4-6 part story and had to wait until almost the end to see if the husband will be a wimp or man- and then it's almost always a wimp -then I'm pissed.

We Revenge Guys do not like feeling that we could ever be wimp husbands. You wimp husband writer folks stir up ego-threatening storms that disturb us. I'm thinking of writing a story where the husband punches out his cheating wife IN PUBLIC -and gets away with it!! Good Idea???

OH Yeah, thanks for writing your essay and provoking me to reply.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Like Some Reader Already Pointed Out

No one would write any thing if they knew with certitude no one else would ever read it.

Try it: Try spend 2 hours, 5 days, 5 months, or 2 years on a fiction or novel and revise it time and again and then throw it into the fire; and then start all over again; and repeat the same thing.

Th reason we write is because we want to communicate our ideas to others. When a lot of people are making "heated" remarks --- pros and cons --- it is when we've struck some deep chord in them.

To respond specifically to the author of this piece: I, for example, am not interested in BDSM or whatever that is, as well as "non-consent", which means, I guess, RAPING men, women, and children? Isn't that what non-consent means?

If it is PLAY non-consenting game only than it is fetish and masochism, right? It hurts and it humiliates, but the players know, within reason, they will not be mentally or physically damaged, right?

But since I'm not interested in reading about licking exrement, or pricking someone and licking their blood, or

licking someone's sweat, or tying women and men to beds or other solids/swings, and pull on their genitals, or snatching a woman or man from the mall and raping her in a basement or van ---- you can say they are all "fiction" and "another form of eroticism" but I will NOT read it. Such don't interest me.

Since I don't read such genres, I don't bitch! Won't know what to bitch specifically, would I?!

But the genres that I like to read more about --- of course I'm gonna bitch if the author comes across idiotic. At least put a sentence or two at the beginning; something like, "This has to do with men/husbands who love to suck cum from their loving wives when the latter get home from fresh love-makings with multiple partners [ie. no showers at the motel yet]," or something!

Such a short and kind gesture on the AUTHOR's part would be greatly appreciated. Those who don't want to spend 2, 10 or 30 minutes on stories that at the end turn them off in nauseating ways won't have to read them to start with! No btiching, in short, if such clear identification is made.

So the argument of "don't read it if you know you're not going to like it" is a rather flawed one.

mcatlmcatlover 18 years ago
I agree, while everyone is entitled to an Opinion-

…some are just wrong! I agree in essence with your "letter" and one should not criticize what they can't do; you must ignore the non-constructive opinions and focus on the constructive and appreciative ones instead. I have read many of your stories most are between 4 and 5. If I do not like a particular subject (not the story) I do not vote.

You are quite a prolific writer! Please keep on writing and don't let the few ruin it for the rest!

J-StrokeJ-Strokeover 18 years ago
Write because YOU enjoy it!

I haven't written for quite some time but when I was active, I wrote Because I was having a blast! I needed no other reason to put in the time and effort, and you are quite right it is extremely hard to put into words some of your most intimate fantisies regardless of the category they slot into. The story I most enjoyed writting recieved the lowest ratings of all but generated the most feedback, Go figure. Do it because it's fun for you. I would recommend allowing through only that feedback were it's author has to leave their name. It should cut down on the "snipers" that leave nasty comments under the cover of the anonymous moniker they're just hit and run artist without the guts to offer anything constructiveor helpful. Screw-em, nobody needs the jerks!

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 18 years ago
Why do they do that? Because...

Goldeniangel. What you may not have realized is that many readers send you feedback because that is the part of the process they really enjoy. They read the stories, sure, but bashing the writer is the real payoff.

I was also curious about your assertion that "Loving Wives" is really "Adulterous Wives". The caption on the main stories page is "Tales of adventurous married women & their mates." Does adventurous mean only sex outside of marriage?

This is really a question on my part, I must have missed the fuller definition you imply.

DrWhoDrWhoover 18 years ago
bashing

I agree, If someone looks at the title of your story and area under which it was submitted and they like neither, they should move on. To read a story and really not like the composition or writing style, is fine but to not like the subject matter and then bash the author, well that is uncalled for.

Keep writing, the bashers will continue to bash and the ones that enjoy erotica for what is meant to be, will enjoy your stories.

MacDukeMacDukeover 18 years ago
Hell yeah!

A definite "Hell yeah"

xonxonover 18 years ago
Heck, yes! :)

Take a wee bit of your own advice...if the criticism is crap treat it as such and simply don't read any more of it...you write for yourself and a wonderful additional benefit is that some of us...I suggest most of us...enjoy the writing and appreciate your efforts...even though many (most/almost all) don't let you know that directly because we are lazy, unmannered bastards. I did enjoy this essay, however and have given it the appropriate rating.

Please don't give up on those of us that read but can't/won't write.

H20waderH20waderover 18 years ago
i read the rant

as i opten say when i publish a story:

Lay on MacDuff and damned be he who cries 'hold enough'.

i axpect the ravers to rave, the howlers to howl, the ranters to rant. i do ask that they tell me WHY. why was it bad, why was it bad.

I have gotten mostly good stuff that i could use.

check out A LOVING WIFE DIES. ouch.

the best ever was from Patricia51. it was long and good and was just maybe the best thing that happened to me. i am still not in her league, but it was a very good WHY.

beside "life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing."

H20wader

gordyblugordybluover 18 years ago
People

WE all have to remember that in essance all people are animals. asome of us have had the good fortune to have learned something that I believe is called manners (whether we learned them from our parents, the school of hard knocks, or a combination there of) and others just plain missed the boat.

I certainly hope that the uneducated are the few and that they don't manage to rouin a good thing for the rest of us by discourageing those who have the skills and abilitys to write what I consider to be quite enjoyable stories.

gordyblu....

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 18 years ago
Bravo!!

As a fellow author I agree wholeheartedly with Goldeniangel's comments.

smallncutesmallncuteover 18 years ago
Voting

I agree with a lot of your points.

My biggest bug bear as a writer, though is voting. If soem one has taken the time and effort to write seomthing, then take the five seconds after reading a story to caste a vote.

Even better write to the author with constructive critisim or praise. Do not just give them a 1 and slag it off.

I, as many others seem to thrive upnon positive feedback.

M

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
THIS SUCKS! YOU ARE SICK!..whoops wrong category

The knee-jerk responders are going to get you every time you post to certain category. They are not to be avoided unless and until LIT decides to eliminate anonymous posts.

I seriously doubt that those people would post their vitriol if they were forced to use their real handles. But then again, many would probably come up with false handles and go right ahead anyway.

I personally can live with the LW Nazis if they actually read my story. It's the ones who go to the last paragraph without reading anything else to see if there is a divorce. If not, THE STORY SUCKS!!! and you are A WIMP!!!

My favorite response of all time was the guy who actually voted on a story and gave the following response:

I read the other responses and most of them say your story SUCK!! So I'm not going to read it, but I'm voting '0'. BECAUSE YOUR STORY SUCKS!!

Yes Literotica attracts the most intellectual of readers. It makes one proud.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
If I have nothing

nice or constructive to say i say nothing

TwistedPlayrTwistedPlayrover 18 years ago
exellent work!

I believe you know that I totally agree with you. It is an issue of respect. I have been reading stories on the net long before I found Literotica. I have read some stories that had typos and errors out of the wazoo. Some of it was so bad that it was actually a task to decipher. Even so, some of those poorly written stories were still interesting by the topic alone. I struggled through, but still came away with a great story. Would it have been better if the writer had a better grasp of writing? Sure. But, They did this on their time, it was their concept, and their project. I appreciated them for their time, creativity and story. I would have NO story to read without them. That respect prevents me from leaving a crass remark. I would much rather be a helpful whisper than a hindering scream.

Keep up the great work!

Aging RakeAging Rakeover 18 years ago
Hell, yeah!

I quite agree with you. If people are going to be offended by the stories on this site, why do they bother to read them?

I'm lucky, as the public responses and emails which I have received in response to my humble offerings have all been positive.

duke11duke11over 18 years ago
YES

I can't write but I love to read your stories. If I don't like something, I don't have to read it. Tell it like it is. Preach it.

richardaorichardaoover 18 years ago
I Agree

Hi

Love what you write, the way you write, how your stories move from beginning to end. The words you use.

Those that post degrading comments have small minds.

I don't know why someone reads something they know they

will not like, normal people read what they enjoy.

Sincerely

Richard

Read one comment on an Erotic Story by someone claiming to be a Moslem who was looking to make his sex life more enjoyable. Then went on to trash the story, etc.

I´m not Moslem but as far as I know reading erotic lit is the same as eating pork, not allowed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
As A Reader

As A very frequent reader of your stories, I would like to thank you for the time and trouble you put into your work.

I read quite a cross section of your work have found one or two things that made me cringe a bit, so i stopped reading and went on to something else.

A the saying goes "You Cant Please All Of The People All Of The Time"

But You Have pleased Me.

Fishtank

smy3thsmy3thover 18 years ago
Consider your audience

While I agree with everything you say, the question of trying to understand why people read something they already know they won't like, and then criticize it, is indeed curious. My conclusion is that the audience for erotic writing includes a lot of people with poor social skills, many of whom have emotional problems of various sorts, and many of whom are simply not very bright. "The Great Unwashed" is very likely literally true about a portion of the readership. The apparent KKK members who write things about "racial purity" are simply crazed. The reason they make stupid comments is that they are in fact stupid. Stupid people make up a fairly large part of society. I have yet to meet anyone who I think is truly sane. We all have some degree of blindness to reality. Asking why people do things is a hopeless question, because people in general do not have rational reasons for what they do. They have rationalization rather than rational.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hell Yeah!!

I enjoy some of your stories others i do not care for. I do however pay attention to the category to help me decide what i might like. The only way i end up somewhere that i may not like one is in a series. Thank you for your writing, i know how hard it is. I try but have a very difficult time with character development. You do all parts very well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Hell yeah

You do a fine job. Almost everyone who reads will nitpick, dont mind them, just keep doing what youre doing.

anonimouse69anonimouse69about 18 years ago
lol

Screw the hell yeah, rather give you a 'you go girl'. You write some great stories and I peeked at a couple that aren't my normal genre of choice and still found them enjoyable. :D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Hell Yeah

I've been reading a lot of your stories lately and I have fully enjoyed them. I get a kick out of how you have the ability to write in many different genres and still consistently put together great stories... many of which are very original especially for how similar a lot of the stories are on this site. Anyways, after reading this peice about how feedback motivates you I wanted to put my two cents in about how much I enjoy your writing. On top of all this my girlfriend and I have enjoyed and learned (to both of our pleasures) from your how-to's on both deep throating and anal... two things both of us were interested in but had troubles with before. So thank you and please keep the stories coming. I appreciate them very much. You rock and as you asked at the end of this peice "can I get a hell yeah?"... well yes you can. HELL YEAH!!!

ddpmanddpmanabout 18 years ago
Do your own thing

Every author should skim and head many of these comments. To get an idea as how they are percieved.And I hope they could act accordingly

I like most of your work; There are subjects I do not find entertaining so I don't read them. I apply my filter to your and many other writers work.

Angel please apply your filter to those non-constructive comments. Thanks for writing.

I see your article received 45+ comments. Not bad response for your thoughts or if you like your rantings.

bimike41bimike41about 18 years ago
Agreed.... dont let the wackps ruin your mood

Great stuff....

and you have NOTHING to apologize for (but you already knew that!)

I really believe that the nasty rude negative comments are made , in significant number, but people deliberatley coming here to seek problems and cause trouble.

Sort of like the truly mentally challenged folks that have decided to seek out and picket at the funerals of servicemen killed in Iraq/Afghanistan. Are they there protesting the WAR? (that would be tasteless enough, but no!) They are there spewing vile and hatred at gays. Same stupid mentality.

I like your stuff...and another thought that I had...many of us that have ENJOYED your erotic tales, are not in a great and purposeful at the immediate moment to send you a polite message...the more erotic and arousing the stories..the more likely we have other more pressing urges.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Meh, its the way things go.

That always happens, cause there are people who like to stir up shit, and go to the places they hate to make mean comments about them. Posting on the internet just gets you more people in a shorter amount of time, because its easier for an asshole to rant at you then it is to write a letter and send it. I know, even though asshole comments hurt, you just have to remember there are lots of people who love your stories, even though they may not make it known.

trixrabbit74trixrabbit74almost 18 years ago
Your awsome

I think all the stories that i have read of yours are great usally i only read bdsm but i like how you work spanking and stuff into your other stories too. totally keep up the good work just ignore the haters lol

trixie

(trixrabbit74)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Aggreed

I only read a few of your stories and thought you the categories they were placed in fit perfectly. If you are going to critique a story make you critique about the actual writing! Keep up the the awesome work

daverddaverdabout 17 years ago
Keep Writing

It's interesting what people will say when they're not face-to-face. Insults that would never be spoken are easy to write. So consider the source, try not to take it personally (as if an anonymous comment on the internet isn't already impersonal by definition), and keep on truckin'.

I suspect that there are a great many people like me who read for their own enjoyment and seldom or never leave a comment. So, as a representative of those silent readers, here's a little insight into my behavior.

Usually when I don't like a story, I simply stop reading it and start something else. Once in a while I'll keep reading, just to see if I can stretch my personal comfort space, or to gain insight into an area in which I have little or no experience. If I don't like the content, I don't see any constructive purpose in passing on my opinion. If the story is poorly written, I figure there are enough good writers already involved in the writing process on Literotica, and my two cents aren't going to help.

If I do leave a comment, it's because I want to let the author know that something in the story was especially entertaining or meaningful to me. There's enough negativity in life already; I don't need to add to it.

I have just started reading your stories. I ran the categories through my personal filter and picked ones I thought I would like, and was not disappointed. You are a good writer. Should you decide to pursue a career in writing, I wish you success.

swallowedscreamswallowedscreamover 16 years ago
Hell yeah!

You are so dead on. And I suspect you are absolutely correct..that people read stories in a genre because they have a secret desire for it...but in their shame..they berate the author instead. Make it their fault..as though somehow the author forced them to read it. Sad really. But I do wish they would spare everyone their angst driven insulting rants. Anyway..here's you "Hell Yeah!"

and two snaps up.Haha. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
DIZ STORIEZ IS TEH SUXORZ

OMG I MEN WTF Y WUD U PUT SOMTING LIK DIS ON TEH WEBSIT ITS NAWT HAWT ND SUX U SUK 2 ND NOW DAT I HAF CONTRIBUTED 2 DIS CONVERSATION ND MADE LITEROTICA A BETTER PLAZ IM DON

PorlockPorlockover 16 years ago
RIght on target

Thank you for a lucid and quite sorely needed statement. I too find the number and nature of vitriolic comments puzzling.

<p>

There's nothing extraordinary about a reader failing to find a story entertaining; but why bother wasting his own and others' time posting a worthless rant about it that offers nothing the author might find constructive? It is particularly silly, and sometimes amusing, to see someone's gripe about the time lost reading the story. They never explain why they don't miss the time lost writing and posting their bitch about it.

<p>

No writer owes any particular reader what the reader happens to like. Sexuality is a nebulous and very individual force, not logical, not predictable and certainly, not universal. Nobody can write anything that will please everybody.

<p>

I fear that we are preaching to the choir here. The malcontents we're talking about are not motivated by what they claim to be. There's something else underlying that, some burr under their saddles that drives their vitriol. Still, maybe there are a few who will take your message to heart. I hope so.

<p>

Thanks for your contribution.

<p>

A note: I haven't yet read any of your stories. I did glance over the list, and by the titles and descriptions they look quite interesting, and rather in line with my own tastes. Although I'm most definitely an XY, and a straight one, I often find erotic writings by women to be superior. In general, women seem to put more heart into their work. It is my position that, overall, there is too much anatomy and not enough humanity in this field. Maybe I'll post my own words on that in this area sometime.

randomcommenterrandomcommenterover 16 years ago
interracial

Undoubtebly many of the people making comments regarding interracial storys are "full" racists, but another possibility is that they're only tolerant of some types of these stories. For example I've heard that many younger white supremists have no problem with asians ( with the obvious implication that they have no problem with white/asian relationships).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
You are a fantastic writer.

I'm a bit younger than you and an asian female as well, so it's nice to know I am not the only non-"depraved" young girl who finds these fantasies to be appealing. Also, after reading many of your posts (especially the Reviews/Essays) you're intelligence is quite obvious in the way you voice your thoughts. Thanks for the amazing stories and since you mentioned this... "..positive feedback makes me incredibly motivated to write more..." I wanna be the one to say please please keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Hell yeah!

I know what turns me on and so I search out those stories, and I know what I don't like and avoid those types. I think authors on Lit are amazingly brave!

timthedragontimthedragonabout 16 years ago
Good Review

There are a lot of stupid people online, and a lot of people who like to get attention because they're either bored, friend-less, or both. Some just like to start up trouble, thinking they'll get away with it because they're anonymous online, they can put any mask on the Internet.

In brief, the Internet has the mentality of a five year old. My best advise, ignore those who give you mean, racist, or otherwise offensive or uncomfortable comments.

- Timmy

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 16 years ago
Keep it Up!

Forgive me for I have sinned -not getting to your stories as much as I vow to do that, and I will. But I have no problem responding to your strong essay. People crave the safety of the Anonymous messages to vent trigger compensate project and I could go on and on through all the psychological subconscious needs which are satisfied by spewing gabage at the authors. You could justifably complain and rationalize your own pain but it would pass above the heads of most who do that. It's like complaining about storms and earth quakes. they eist and we have to be prepared and endure it. Whether you and other authors serve a good purpose by opening a safe harmless valve for many disfunctional people to vent -it's still debatable.

My strongest advice, try to quickly skip forward when you see such messages. They are pathological not literary.

Instead refocus on all the good you do so many pleasurable hours of reading all in the best modality I know of -the grass root form! Cheers!

Pegasus_FlyingPegasus_Flyingabout 16 years ago
Spot on...

Your writing is alway interesting and these comments are spot on..Walk tall and be proud...*s*

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 16 years ago
Just a thought

Dear Lady:<p>I know this was written long ago and perhaps by now you've achieved some sort of peace and/or resolution with your dilemma. These are just my thoughts.<p>We all are anonymous here. Oh, with the acquisition of a "handle" one is identifiable as a particular anonymous person, but still he/she remains anonymous just the same. One may know me here from my designation above, but certainly wouldn't recognize me if we were to meet on the street. A bio can mean very little. I could post anything there. How would you know what to be true and what not?<p>I can and empathize with you regarding the mean-spirited and consequently meaningless responses you and other writers have had to suffer. I'm not a psychologist and have nothing other than my life's lessons to guide me, but my take is that those who post such remarks as you have mentioned have issues with themselves. I've read excellently composed and presented stories in which the male protagonist reconciled with his spouse only to witness the writer meet with derision because of such a resolution. I've also read embarrassingly poorly constructed stories which drew copious amounts of praise simply because the male protagonist "threw the bitch out." Apparently some folks, mostly males I'm sure, feel threatened and offended by anything which doesn't conform to their perceptions of how one is supposed to act in a particular situation. The bravado that is so often posted is mostly laughable, and most often quite illiterate. I would think that these responses would provide you with more information regarding the originators of such comments than any bio's ever could. I hope by now you have attached to these remarks the amount of worth they deserve. Also, I am sure there are those in having their responses listed liken it to "seeing their names in lights." Unfortunately I also believe there are some contributors whose only intention is not to provide a literate effort but simply to bait these folks. I find that as inexcusable as I do the narrow minded, bigoted, racist responses you have described. Their pouring gasoline on the fire will never ease this problem. <p>Why do some folks read stories they initially know they won't like? Simply, because they can. They smell blood. They are in attack mode. They relish the opportunity to foist upon the writer and the rest of us their understanding, their definition, their opinion of what manhood, maleness, masculinity actually is. Most of these descriptions seem not to include someone so evolved as to possessing an opposable thumb. Be that as it may, comments from these folks should not ever be abridged, personal attacks upon writers or other folks commenting excepted. To censure these folks would repress all who contribute comments here. As has been suggested to these folks that they need not read stories they realize that will inflame their sensibilities, we too should heed this suggestion regarding the 'Feedback Portal.' Regardless of intent and content, we all should have access to this forum.<p>All my best, Philip

lottyboolottybooalmost 15 years ago
Go girl!

You go girl! That is all.

purpledaze808purpledaze808almost 15 years ago
Stiff upper lip and all

OK, so I am one of those people who leave Anon comments but I will say that I only leave positive ones. As you have said, I only click on stories that I think I will like or where the subject matter interests me. Yes, I have stumbled across stories that I didn't like and promptly went in search of others. My point here is that a good story teller to one may not be so great to another, and I agree that people should be leaving either positive comments to help encourage those authors they want to see more from or not leave any at all...you choose to click the link and there are no guarentees that you will like anything you click. If you think you can do a better job, then start writting. I for one have enjoyed many of Goldeniangels stories, only attempting to read what I think I will like.

With this article, I have decided to become a member so my comments are no longer Anon...Keep writting because I for one couldn't do it as well as you do.

EdandMarieEdandMarieover 14 years ago
Hell Yeah!

I write with my wife in the "Loving Wife" genre. Holy Crap, we weren't ready for the initial comments we got! It's always the early comments that are mean and degrading. It's like they watch for new stories and want to be the first to shit all over them. After the first few, they get a lot better and some people are fantastic in what they say. I've gotten less focused on the junk and just delete without reading them completely, also delete any anonymous mean public comments. I premis each story saying it involves sex out of wedlock and will still get whiners talking specifics, that indicate they read the entire story. I will never understand. I appreciate the read and although this was the first of your works I've read, I plan to check out others. Thanks!

MareCrisiumMareCrisiumalmost 14 years ago

Hell yeah. Thanks for writing this, I can relate.

kajira_girlkajira_girlover 13 years ago
Amen!!!!

I totally agree, I don't mind constructive critisim at all, but if you just need to bash it momma always said, "I you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

bek007bek007about 13 years ago
I'm not a writer but I can definately see where your coming from....

Personally I have been quite astounded at the high level of writing and general story-making that I have enjoyed from so many talented authors on this site. I have certainly enjoyed many happy hours reading into the wee small hours!. Don't let the bastards get you down! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Small minded idiots

Hell, yeah! I do not understand why people read stories in categories they do not like, then complain. I think it is because they cannot admit that they are "perverted", too. Hey, we are all perverted in our own way and it is usually a good way.

I was directed to you by another lady author who calls you her favorite. I am glad I came here. After reading this article and one story I realize that you will be one of my favorites, too. Good work, lady.

clay.dodd@yahoo.com

marlam5marlam5almost 13 years ago
I can see your point

I really can see your point but always remember the comment tells you more about the commentator than it tells you about you or the stories you wrote.

I've never read one of your stories but will start now.

Your article made me curious.

And my advice is leave the stupid comments there where they belong with the stupid commentators!!!!!!

Marlam5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
my commenting habbits

I generaly don't comment. I read on a smartphone so a story has to really strike me in order to take the time to type out a response, and this generaly only happens when something comes out as wrong to me. Usally a character does somethigh against their nature or I am just confused about what is happening. If I do come across something that I find offensive I will just skip it and move on. For me that is insest, rape for pleasure (not as a plot device), or REALLY graphic scenes, however I would never comment about it. Few stories are perfect and if any comment I make causes an author to double check something they overlooked then I don't see a problem with a negitive comment on a good story.

And no I have not written anything for this site, but I do read a lot (2+ hrs a day). I don't think you need to be a writer (or speller/typer) to recognise when a story breaks down. I almost never leave a purely negitive comment, every story has something good about it. Had the story sucked, I wouldn't have cared enough to notice my problem with it anyways

NymphSaysNymphSaysalmost 13 years ago
Hell yeah Goldeniangel

You submitted this a while ago, so who knows whether you're even still checking the comments. Still, if you don't mind my reviewing your review :-) ... Very well-written and persuasive without getting uncomfortably emotional. I haven't written nearly as much as you, but it's nice that there's your article to refer back to from time to time as a reminder of what to expect from some of the readers (and also a reminder to just shrug and keep going).

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
I Like Stories

I like stories, I have enjoyed several of your stories for which I thank you. I have noticed that you DO at least try and spell correctly, which adds to the enjoyment (not having to decipher a word first.) so many of the writers on this site cannot spell or do not bother to use a spell checker.

Mick

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Never get away

There are dickheads, idiots and trolls in every community everywhere, even more so on the internet. Most people will pass by without even commenting, having simply enjoyed the read, but without anything interesting or will have passed without or will have avoided it because it doesn't suit them. The a fore mentioned types, however, find it funny, clever or just don't understand, that marking something down for subjective reasons isn't a choice. So few people know the difference between subjective opinion and objective fact. I would have to say you're probably my favourite author that I've read, but mostly because a lot of your work really hits the spot for me between romance and bdsm, something I struggle to find (I'm very picky). I realise that's personal to me, but I can also see that you're very descriptive about details I wouldn't even think of. Unfortunately, you will never get away from the comments like that, I'm sure this work was mostly for venting, but I for one enjoy your work, and hope to read more from you in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I've only read a few of your stories, but i'd like to make the generalization that you are a fantastic author!

TheVeryIdeaTheVeryIdeaabout 12 years ago
People are strange

Others have already pretty much covered what I think, but I will say that you should carry on regardless and just shrug your shoulders when you get abusive comments.

You write well and get me aroused, so I'm impressed, as I know how difficult writing is. I particularly like the way you judge what a good length is for a story. Many go on for too long and I am prone to this too.

bardrosesbardrosesalmost 12 years ago
Trolls

The troll stories by MarshAlien and SweetWitch offer an excellent counterpoint to this phenomenon.

LexiRoseLexiLexiRoseLexialmost 12 years ago
I write and I read

Often I use a different user name for reading because some of the things I like to read are not the things I like to write and vice versa.

Since I've been writing more and reading less I tend to leave more comments because as a writer the voting system is great but I really want to know why I deserved those 5 stars or why it was you only gave me 1 star, was it my writing style, the length, the subject matter?

I also post on another site and realised that the ratings between the two can vary wildly.

If I were you I'd concentrate on the positive feedback, and by positive I mean genuine constructive comments on how to improve, and ignore people who just plain don't like the story. You can't please everyone all the time.

Lexi

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
You covered it

I had been planning to write a similar essay, but you pretty well covered the ground. I suppose one should not feel as if one is the only one to feel the jabs. It has surprised me that I feel nervous each time I submit another story. After all, we are basically Anonymous as writers despite a contact name. The strangest aspect in my efforts is that the stories truest to life are ridiculed for being unlikely. Ah well, I have learned something of life.

humantouchhumantouchover 11 years ago
/agree

I know I have made some people irritated by comments like this, but I firmly believe that the majority of good and useful comments come from people who have written their own stories. There are exceptions as I have seen in my own story comments. But the vast majority of troll comments are anonymous. Some people get off on picking on others and can't even identify themselves. It's an internet commonality. This site is a way for authors to learn better techniques, to show off their goods, lubricate their talents, and finish off with some degree of satisfaction, whether glamorous or messy...Oh yes and enjoy reading too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I love your writing

LOL what you are saying here rings true. People who needlessly distress themselves over sex, politics, religion (etc, etc, etc...) because they purposely expose themselves to topics they find abhorrent, and then lend their own opinions abusively, are a little odd (to say the least) If I disagree with or dislike something, I just steer well clear, making it really easy to NOT get upset ;-)

I love your writing, you are my favorite author on here, your prose, grammar and attention to detail are excellent, and its awesome to have such an unashamedly female voice exploring so many facets of this very kinky world we live in.

Thanks

mapili50mapili50over 11 years ago
Great review

I agree completely. It really pisses me off and I find it so pathetic that some people will write lame reviews for a story that they had no business reading. For example, I'm not into Anal, therefore I don't read anything in that category, no matter how much I may like a particular author. It just seems like common sense.

Crap, do people even "think" about the website they're on??!! How can someone say that a story is sexually sick when they are surfing an erotic literature website. Yeah, there are a lot of non-erotic stories, but again, look at the title of the website!

The only point I don't agree with (and maybe I'm misinterpreting this) is the comment about a negative reviewer not having written a story themselves and therefore can't understand the difficulties. I can't create a story but it does bother/distract me when I try to read a story with poor spelling or confusing sentence structure. For me though, I just move on.

I think it's disrespectful to leave cruel public comments but people are people so nothing surprises me anymore. It's funny to note that recipe sites such as Epicurious has similar problems. Someone will write a nasty recipe review saying that they swapped 3 items and left out others, then go on to say that the end product was horrible.

Anyway, to end my essay, I basically wanted to give you and all the writers kudos for writing anything at all. Most of us are extremely grateful to find so many fantastic adult-themed stories.

FoolishdancerFoolishdancerover 11 years ago
Love your writing

I just wanted to thank you for the many erotic hours you've provided me, and, from the ratings, I must assume many others. I've given up reading online comments for the most part because of the derisive nature of many of them. I agree with you, why read something you know will offend you? And why bother commenting on such a story if you do read it? I don't get it myself. I won't say I've liked each and every one of your stories, you probably don't yourself, but I appreciate the time and effort you put into it for little or no reward. And I fully understand that a story that doesn't rock my boat today may make me croon tomorrow, much as songs on an album. I can't name how many cds I've bought for one particular song, not caring for the rest, only to find, six months out, that it is one of the songs I hadn't liked that was now the one I couldn't hear often enough. If you check my profile you will see that I am not a story contributor, and only occasionally post comments, but I only post positive comments. If I don't like a story I just don't vote or comment on it. I figure the author will get plenty of negative feedback, deserved or not, and that my comments are not needed, whereas in the case of positive feedback, I know that none of us gets enough of that.

However, I might add, that because of writers such as yourself, this is one of the few adult sites that I might consider paying for if it were required.

naiveslutsnaiveslutsover 11 years ago
Can relate

Especially to how stories seem to be received in the inverse to what I expect. And how people don't check to see what my gender is. In short: Hell yeah :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
hell yeah!!

I very much hope you keep on writing and don´t let people that critizise unjustly stop you. you are my all time favourite author on literotica and if i could buy your work for my kindle i would jump at the opportunity to do so.

liebe grüße, Nicole

PurplecatsPurplecatsover 11 years ago
I agree...

I have to agree with Foolishdancer, I love almost all of your writings, and if I was to have a problem with one of them I wouldn't be leaving a comment about it. I just leave the story and go on to the next one. Please don't stop writing do to the people whom leave those comments. Those of us who do like them would lose out on more of your stories. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please Keep Writing

I have read some, not all but some, of your stories. I think that you are a wonderful wwriter. With your stories, it is not all about the sex; you have an amazing gift to be able to convey the emtions as well. Please keep writing, you have a wonderful gift.

EncryptedOneEncryptedOneabout 11 years ago
Enjoy

I do enjoy most of your stories. I think this entry makes a lot of sense. Thanks for your thoughts

trubblemakurtrubblemakurabout 11 years ago
hell yeah

I am just a reader at this time not having posted anything yet myself. I have enjoyed the stories that you have written that I have read. I don't read from categories I'm not interested in and if I venture forth into them it's my bad not yours. I really wish people wouldn't be so negative. Get this people...where else can you find some really good stuff to read for free, all because some writers are willing to share their ideas and fantasies with us? Who cares if the spelling and grammar need editing? Some stories transcend the need to be perfect when they are awesomely written. Just my humble opinion!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
You are my new favorite writer. Do you have any favorites that have more dialog (more teasing)before sex.?

Keep rockin p's I don't have a sign on anmy seems faster

GoldeniangelGoldeniangelabout 11 years agoAuthor
Check out

More dialogue before sex? Um... If I understand correctly what you're asking for then I'd recommend "Tricked With a Treat" or "Chris Hemsworth: Sex God". If that's not what you're looking for then leave a comment again and I'll get back to you =)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I gotcha

I see your point about the mindlessness of comments. Some people are just assholes, and to do it well, have also decided to be stupid. I also understand the frustration with anonymity(and recognize the irony in this sentence). But I think disregarding people's negative comments because they've never written anything themselves may be a little off-base. Generally speaking, areas in which ideas are social tend to develop faster. If four people predict the coordinates of a tree, odds are each is a little off, but if you average their predictions together, the result will almost surely be more accurate. My point is that, when somebody posts something negative, they represent a certain point of view, one that should not be disregarded. If they are not just trolling or condemning you, they are simply letting you know that there was something they didn't like in that story. Over years and years, this will, in theory, lead to the general betterment of erotic stories. It's a process. It may suck now, but down the road it will pay off--if not for you, for your horny grandchildren. May the Literotica the wonder into be a better one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
One Previous Psyche Patient Personal Insight

I live in chronic pain now with memories of pain all the way back to age 2, 14, 34, & 46+. With all that pain comes rage & depression -> several 3-day, 30 day & even a 6 month stay at psyche hospitals when the pain interrupts sleep for too long a period of time. I saw a lot of destructive behavior, some of it from with-in myself. Those who seek out writings to attack are seeking control or destroy it both. They may seek to stop you from writing about subjects either because:

They want control over the subject and only their views count

They truly hate the subject and want to stop / destroy any “infectious ideas”

Fear subjects – see themselves as victims & need control

Fear their emotions / dark side being exposed

Or simple like to enrage others for their own entertainment

People want control in their lives to feel safe.

Some need / want to control everything to feel safe (including your writings).

Others want someone stronger to keep them safe.

Most realize that they can’t control everything – and just work with what they can control.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I agree

Also, I've noticed a few people even make profiles but virtually every comment they make is hateful and non-constructive. I've noticed this especially with Femdom stories, but I'm sure similar things happen with lots of catagories. My fear is that a new author will see something like that and then stop writing, then it ruins things for the rest of us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I do love your work, and I'm glad you don't let those bad comments hit you too hard. I do have a bit of a theory regarding the whole categories thing. Often, I'll try to find stories to read using tags, rather than categories, and then I'm paying less attention to the actual category. Though really, I don't think that would really explain it...

I haven't read all your stuff and I probably won't end up doing so. Some of what you write will inevitably squick me a little and I won't enjoy it as much as I would like. Still, I know that what you write is well written and tastefully erotic, which is why I'll keep reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yeah, but

"Don't criticse if you haven't written yourself" is fundmentally invalid and kinda puts me off listening to the rest of what you have to say. Don't use that argument....it's such a load of bollocks.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Interesting Category

My first foray into Review and Essays. Quite interesting for an author to rail against the commenters. Yes of course many are just plain stupid and ignorant. Some of us however have a specific reason to be on this site. Considering when I accidentally stumbled here and by reading a few tales made me discover the truth about my own life, I use tales as therapy to help me cope with my demons. I will write eventually as I have many ideas rolling around in my head.

As for reading tales hated and bashing the author, personally I know a tale which I WILL NOT read as I know I will find it extremely distasteful. However when I like the subject and the result of the tale I let it be known through my comment which is normally not very forgiving to the kind of people I despise.

I'm ranting so I'll stop. This seems to be more of a discussion I should have in a group setting than a comment on a story.

I'll end by saying ignore the haters and welcome the critique whether good or bad. You can learn from both.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

heartofdixie1992heartofdixie1992over 10 years ago
I agree.

I've recently written a loving wives fantasy and was met with lots of criticism. Especially those who read the story and didn't like the fact that yes, it involved cheating, like the genre entails. This article sums up how I feel about those people.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Two answers

1. Simple answer: The LW has two main groups of readers and the Literotica's owners do not want to divide the LW into two hubs. The two groups prefer other type stories and this is a difficult thing for some authors. The majorities of the stories are a common selection atribute, whether the husbands like their wives have extramarital activity or not. The Literotica's owner should divide this hub according the husbands (fiances) behavioral with the extramarital activity of the wives. So the two reader groups with the two author groups could decrease the encounters each other.

2. Eleborated answer: The sociological survays of the extramarital activity show a huge shift in the last 100 years. The husband's extramarital activity remained similar, but the extramarital activity of the wives changed significantly. The minimum 1 extramarital event for lifetime (prostitute usage is cheating too) is about 60% in the Western Culture among husbands. Naturally this statistic figures contain such thing, that somebody was cheater in the first marriage only, one occasion in drunken state in all his/her life, et.

However the women statistical figures are very interesting to the light of the 100 years difference. The minimum 1 extramarital activity for lifetime increased to 55% from the 25%. during 100 years. The before 100 years the women cheating was correspond with the husband's behavioral. The homosexuality was a hidden thing and many wives looked for happiness extramarital way beside open homo husbands, the alcoholic, violance husbands, serial cheater, whorehouse/prostitute customer husbands, impotents and the lack of any sperm bank for improduct not impotens husbands, when the family wanted children. I think a thinking tolerated human can say the half of the extramarital activity for woman was understanble 100 years ago and the other half activity was connected to the mistake of the wives. A good husband rarly met a serial cheater wife 100 years ago against the nowdays status. I think that absolut faithful 40% and 20% relative fidelity husbands (relative fidelity husbands, who had extramarital activity only in their first marriages, only once was an accidental affair (in drunken state, with an unstoppable slut, etc.) in their life time) very often meet serial cheater and slut wives and fienceés. IronDragon (an author fellow) wrote he got rid of his fianceé before their wedding, because the "kind" lady planned bastard children to him in their future marriage. 100 years ago to be betrayed husbands were very rarly and it was connected to be wrong husbands. This today not right and good husbands (fiances) become betrayed by wives (fianceés). The court system and the family laws in the Western World do not followed the change in the marriage status, so the innocent ex-husbands got extrem punishment too several times. The turn has started slowy in the USA, for example the bastard child is below 4 years the ex-husband does not pay child support and he could start his life with new wife and his own geneticaly children without children support in some USA states (unfortunatally not the all 50 states). In some USA states the ex-husband can start lawsuit against the biological father to pay 18 years money settlement for raising up bastards. This is dream in the most countries in the Western Culture that the Modern Sciences arrive to the family law (DNA test), but the Hungarian family law does not know the spousal alimoney (ex-wife must go to work).

So one part of the readers are very sensitive to the extramarital stories in the LW hub, because they experienced the negative effect of the cheating or their friend, relatives, children, parents, collegues told their negativity effects against being good husbands. If the 100 years ago 25% statistic figures had been the authors would have gotten better echo..............................However at 55%.............

sin2win500sin2win500about 10 years ago

I enjoyed that the first anonymous post I read on this article was someone illustrating your point perfectly. Great article.

bihethobihethoover 9 years ago
what i dont understand

is why some people favorite then unfavorite a story or author, sometimes repeatedly

dragongoddessdragongoddessover 9 years ago
here's your HELL YEAH!!

I do know how incredibly difficult it can be to write erotic stories, hell ANY stories for that matter, I've tried and failed. Then again I've never let anyone read the things I write because I'm my own worst critic and I'm convinced that everything I write sounds like crap. So my kudos to every single author on this site and any other for being brave enough to show your work and share it with us all!

It's baffled me to no end why people read stuff in a category they clearly don't like and instead of just leaving the page, they feel the need to leave a comment to express their displeasure at what they read as if they lack the ability to do the smart thing and just go away.

Anyway, bravo to you and this essay/comment/concern/question :D

p.s. keep writing!! I for one enjoy your work and varied you are with it :-)

GirochenGirochenabout 9 years ago
Excellent Points

You had some excellent points, one and all. I guess great minds do think alike ;-)

Anyway, as one sick bastard to another, I like your stories. At least the ones I have read and I must admit, not all the subject matter descriptions attract me, in which case I don't read them.

Personally, I have written quite a few stories, I am just a little shy about posting them, probably a lot because of the potential for comments like you mention here. Anyway, good luck and I look forward to some more stories. One of my favs you wrote was Gifts of the Goddess series. I would love to see more of that.

-=zg=-

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGoldeniangel@Goldeniangel
12578 Followers
For my erotic romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/AngelNewsletter For my erotica / fetish / dark romance newsletter - https://smarturl.it/SinistreNewsletter Website: www.goldenangelromance.com You may notice some of my stories have disappeared... some of them will be s...