All Comments on 'The Smirk'

by KingBandor

Sort by:
  • 324 Comments
laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 5 years ago
Now that's the way to deal with an asshole.

5 big stars for the man of action!

kimi1990kimi1990about 5 years ago
Nice try

The problem is, who wants the silly bitch? Why do you feel it necessary to give the women in your stories the IQ of the average shrubbery? Any woman dumb enough to fall for the blather of this corporate toad should be allowed to proceed. Hubby must also be a real nit-wit to have married the blithering idiot in the first place. Sorry, King, you're as bad as ever. And it's in the wrong category. There was no extramarital fun.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Nice Job, King

Possibly your best story.

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Brilliant

Loved it. I wish we had more husbands like this in loving wives stories. 5 stars.

andyinozandyinozabout 5 years ago
Perfect

Just perfect.

chytownchytownabout 5 years ago
That's Shooting Straight****

Thanks for sharing.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

Yeah! The husband completely wrecked the boss!

I've never understood why the husbands in these humiliation scenarios don't record the predator's taunting. It gives them concrete evidence that proves they were right all along for the gullible and naive wife who is usually falling for the bullshit.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
liked it

but u should have waited to see if his wife left with him or not, now he has to worry about the next boss

kiteareskitearesabout 5 years ago
I thought there was extra marital fun

Michael seemed to have a lot of fun with Debbie's boss....

OK the wives need to be a little slow on the uptake for these stories to work, but they have to just the same for the stories where the boss DOES fuck them and the husband IS a pathetic loser, so honour's even I would say.

And really the one with the low IQ must be the boss, research the person you're going to try and humiliate, hell even as a low level nobody I wouldn't trust any journalist not to record everything that was being said.

Thanks KB, a nice counterpoint to all the pussy husbands that have been written about here recently.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
liked it

but u should have waiting for the wife to make her choice, now he has to worry about he next boss

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 5 years ago
Why bother with her?

Nothing(legal) he could have done besides play that recording would have convinced her that her boss was scum. If that's the case then why bother with her? What happens the next time some smooth talkin seducer tries to get into her pants? She's too naive to see through it and too stubborn to listen to him. Might as well divorce her.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 5 years ago
Obvious

Bur enjoyable

NIGHTW1NGNIGHTW1NGabout 5 years ago
Damn!

That brought a smile to my face!

Well done,King. Five stars for you!

Impo_64Impo_64about 5 years ago
I liked it...

I liked it...Of course being a flash story it let some points out, but it was direct to the throat...4*

javmor79javmor79about 5 years ago
Hell yeah

I was afraid this story was going to devolve into the completely ridiculous. Granted, the boss was a bit of an over the top Loving Wives villain, and the wife seemed like a typical Loving Wives caricature of a woman, but the story was still enjoyable and not too outlandish. Also, it was a nice spin on an overused plot device. Every time a guy openly admits to the husband that he is trying to seduce the wife before he actually does it in one of these stories, I always feel the same forehead-slapping irritation when the husband just sits there impotently frozen like he has no power. Then we get a long story of him begging his wife to believe him, right up to the moment that she STILL fucks the guy. After that, the story splits up to either satisfy the cuckold fans or "reclaim" the husband's manhood to satisfy the BTB'ers.

I liked it. It made me want to comment on it,which is rare for me lately. Thanks for posting.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Since Michael is an investigative journalist, and . . .

. . . was suspicious enough of the boss to record him, you set up a story in which he could have exposed the asshole to everybody. It might have been a good one.

dossbigdossbigabout 5 years ago
Hubby losing great sloppy seconds

Hubby a loser

York1234York1234about 5 years ago
..adding....

that was perfect...but what about adding a final kick in his balls as a farewell kiss....?

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
Michael and Debbie seem mismatched

He's perceptive and resourceful. She's naive and gullible. Must be frustrating, having to be constantly protecting her from the vultures constantly circling above her.

Might have been better to have it turn out that she knew what her boss was up to and the two of them were there with the boss, his wife and a recording device because she had tipped him off. Because in real life, most women recognize when their bosses pull that kind of sleaze on them.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
You know, sometimes comments reveal more about the commenter

The story was about cheating spouses and one husband's refusal to be cuckolded. The wife was not presented as stupid. She was a senior executive at a company, which one doesn't achieve by being stupid, who fell victim to the charms of a very smooth and skilled seducer.

When commenters attack with vitriolic glee and make obviously false claims, one ponders the true underlying cause for the hate.

I try to write characters who are realistic and believable. Some are smart, some less so, some strong, some weak. I may not always succeed. It is not true that all my female characters are dumb. However, i may now be inspired to write one.

KB

BigGuy33BigGuy33about 5 years ago
Saw it coming...

...when he said was an investigative journalist and removed his hand from his pocket to take a drink. But I still enjoyed it very much.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 5 years ago
Excellent

It's about time a womanizer is slammed for the prick he is. Great plot ending!

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
Nicely Done

Too often in stories on LW the silly bitch gets a low grade for intelligence and screws around before hubby gets smart. Sometimes the hubby never gets smart even against a slut wife and a shallow pussy hound. This looks exactly like my preferred scenario. Well Done 5***** I loved it Whilst not a 'loving wife' she wasn't a proven slut which is refreshing! Tip for would-be predatory 'bosses' watch out for investigative journalist hubbies!.. and anyone else who might carry! (a pocket recorder)

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Meh

The stupid bitch STILL wouldn't believe her own husband without recorded proof.

How can these wives who presumably have SOME business savvy to get where they are in the first place, not see the same signs that their husbands can see with less time to observe?

Also, she apparently took her bra off in the restroom, presumably something her boss had presumably at her boss's direction, and THAT didn't back up her husband's story?

@sdc97230 - Excellent! Yes, have at least Debbie, if not boss's wife in on the trap! Since he's done this before: "Again? You cheating bastard! You swore you wouldn't do it again!" maybe SHE saw the signs and clued them in!

@KingBandor - You contradict yourself. A "competent senior executive" MIGHT fall "victim to the charms of a very smooth and skilled seducer," but would surely see the signs when her husband pointed them out to her, NOT defend the seducer!

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 5 years ago
Refreshing breath of clean air...

... after all the willing (or not) cuck crap that infected the site today.

5/5

muncher354muncher354about 5 years ago
Yawn

Saw that coming a mile away. Was wondering why this story got such a high score. It's not because its.good, but because the husband actually stands up for himself and that's got the boys on here all hot and bothered.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 5 years ago

Did see it coming but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

5*

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
Where do I begin?

The boss has previously been caught cheating by his wife. He tells a man that will be speaking to his wife in a minute or two that he will fuck that man's wife. What could possibly go wrong? See the problem here?

The boss assumes the couple has such a poor relationship that the husband cannot simply tell the wife what was said, so she would either quit, or file a complaint. Why would a man assume a wife would not believe her husband?

The boss does not know the man with the lump in his pocket. What if it was a phone and he simply called his wife so she might listen to the conversation? What if it was a gun and the husband was not the forgiving sort and simply shot him in the face? What if he was a roll of quarters and the husband knocked him off the chair and then stomped him good?

Then there is the standard plot issue of the boss marrying into the job. "Daddy" is still alive and can fuck him over for any reason, or for no reason. How clever is having a recorder in his pocket? Not so much in this day and age. Every asshole you threaten can record your threats with a phone. This is not a clever plot device.

Finally, we have the issue of Banger so often making the comment that other writers post stories in the wrong category for some reason involving the wife not acting according to Banger's definition of LW wives. Here he gives us a story where the wife does almost nothing and has only a few lines. I strongly suggest Banger stop that shit about telling others where their story belongs.

HikingThruHikingThruabout 5 years ago
you're right KB

and I even wonder how well most commentors read a story, or comprehend it, before commenting. Thank you for creating a husband that does not sit there in vapor lock as if he could do nothing.

Humphrey28Humphrey28about 5 years ago

I kind of saw this one coming. I'm not going to go so far as to say that Debbie was dumb because I agree with you: an intelligent person can fall for the charms of a skilled seducer. However, the question that's rarely addressed is that, having been warned by her husband, wouldn't an intelligent woman stop when the boss finally made his move and think, "Whoa! I guess Michael was right. This guy's been trying to get into my pants all along. I guess he doesn't really respect me for my work."? And that would be a buzzkill to a budding affair/relationship. Now, we don't really know what choice Debbie would have made at that point since things come to a head before the boss has time to finish his seduction, but I find myself wondering why none of the other women in the office were that smart.

A decent story, not top notch, not bad.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
Yeah Bigguy33

Aren’t you perceptive. Had you been the author I’m sure he would have been forced to watch and then would have worked out a deal with everyone living happily ever after

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 5 years ago
Writer, you're response to the comments

Was contradicted by having her take her bra off in the restroom. If you eliminate that sentence, we would see your point.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 5 years ago
Nailed it!

Nuff said.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
Uhhh, King Bandor, in LW it’s the common assumption that . . .

. . . a wife who strays is stupid.

Then again, in most LW stories in which the husband isn’t a cuck, the husband is the only smart one in the story. Some of the pussyhounds are written as clever, but never quite smart enough.

Crusader235Crusader235about 5 years ago
Good

Good story but I can't believe he didn't bury his fist in Boss' gut as he left.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
A rarely realistic take of the "I'm gonna fuck your wife" conversation we get around here....

I'm not sure of the number of times I read some LW stories where the asshole told the husband what he was planning to do with his wife, and said husband pretty much did nothing about it, but I'm certain it was the majority of them; so glad to see at least one take where the man reacted immediately to the threat instead of lying down and wait til it actually destroys his marriage.

With the ubiquitous status of cellphones, you would think this type of things would happen more often, and would be brought up more often in cheating stories. My sole surprise here is Michael wasting no time Burning The Bastard on site - 'was actually expecting him to play the recording to his wife, after they went home, but, obviously, Mike's plan was more thought out, and more effective, then mine. Although, mine had a sexual harassment lawsuit in it, so...

His marriage is not off of the hook yet, though - for Debbie to not take anything he said seriously until he produced the recording is a sure sign they have a lot of work to do on their relationship. Makes you wonder if she'll ever acknowledge in how much jeopardy she put her union in, and if she'll apologize for it... Mike better gets some types of genuine contrition from her, otherwise might as well go see a divorce lawyer, 'cause she'll do it again.

All and all, one of the better flashes we got lately - the author gave us the plot and the characters without any of the superficiality we usually have to go through, but still with letting us know how the protagonist felt about the whole thing. The discussion with Debbie after they drove home would have been interesting to read about, but it wasn't the story told here. It was all about Mike wiping that smirk out of asshole's face... which is definitely succeed at.

StormKing33StormKing33about 5 years ago
5* Short Intense Enjoyable

Ignore the negative comments. You wrote a short fictional essay with no meandering plot or sub-plots, irrelevant characters, and meaningless conversations. Well done!!!

SanzegoSanzegoabout 5 years ago
She cheated

Lying to her husband about her new clothes, hair and makeup, and the gym membership. He should've left with out her for cause. She made her "under handed" statement, by not believing her husband, let him make his. "You have lied. You have destroyed my trust. This behaviour will not be tolerated." Give the man some dignity.

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_byeabout 5 years ago
Straight line to the end......

The tip off was "an investigative journalist" so i was just waiting to see that play out. Nice job. If you had not written it that way, i could see another taking that thread as an extension to the story.

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 5 years ago
Pretty funny stuff

And it seems the Boss is about to have a lot of problems. The only thing that could have made it better was for the wife to sue the Company and her Boss rather than just quit and walk away with nothing but her pride. Clever idea.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 5 years ago
I thought this was a good flash story

Didn't count the words but it seems to me to be a flash story. I like the plot and the pace.

gordo12gordo12about 5 years ago
Nicely done

Straight on 5*

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
One Of Your Better Ones

I’m sure this shit happens. People with lots to lose take the weirdest chances sometimes (ex Kraft with prostitute), but it’s still so strange to be so open with the husband. Even if the husband is wimpy, guns are so readily available in the US, and you never know how someone will react when backed into a wall.

Just like some willing cuckolds seem to have repressed homosexual or bisexual inclinations, it makes me wonder wanting to dominate another man through sex, even if the wife is the ‘middleman’, doesn’t bear some repressed homosexual inclination . I’ve been into D/s relationships all my adult life, and fucking with the head of another man has never even crossed my mind.

Would’ve been interesting if he played his tape after he let his wife make her decision. In a way it’s cool that he didn’t. You don’t want to set up your loved one to fail because she didn’t have sufficient information. But it would have been cool for the marriage that even if she thought her husband was being jealous without cause and unreasonable that she still decided to go with him. Then he could have played her the tape. Not a test, cause to some degree it’s understandabke. Would a husband quit his job because the wife was jealous of his secretary, but there was nothing going on there?

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Swift tale

This went straight to the heart of the modern world and here is the modern solution.

We probably could not use the recording in a court of law but in a court where his

wife is the judge and jury he has a chance. Only a chance because she might reply "Hey Boss, that sounds like fun. Shall we go to a hotel?"

PortnoyishPortnoyishabout 5 years ago
One single line makes me struggle over this story

KB,

It's like this story was published in a state somewhere between two drafts. The line was: "It distinctly looked like she had taken off her bra while in the restroom."

Now, I've been married a long time and all our friends are married. Wives do NOT take their bras off in restaurant bathrooms when out with other guests unless something has malfunctioned, and then they either clue the other woman in to the problem (the one who went to the restroom with her) or clue their husband in. In neither situation would they then be comfortable with another man's hands landing on them. They'd be self-conscious already.

So, I'm left with several possible interpretations:

1) The wife has already been seduced by Mr. Boss, whether consummated so far or not, and is letting him have some eye-candy as a promissory note. In this case, her reactions at the end are just covering up once she knows that the fat's in the fire.

2) The wife has decided that she's going to have a little kinky fun with her husband in the restaurant bathroom or the car outside. In this case, she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer because one way to kill a business career is to drag your sex life into the mix with your boss present.

3) Aliens have taken over her brain.

The rest of the story would incline the reader toward #1. She's already acceded to wearing sexy clothes. She's comfortable with the boss' hands on her. Most of all, she's talking to her boss about the incredibly personal aspect of whether she has anal sex with her husband or not.

In light of that, the story's implication that Michael has intervened in time and successfully falls flat. He's smart. He's going to think of everything mentioned above and that car ride is going to be along the lines of, "So, just when did you decide it would be okay to cuckold me, and where do you want me to have you served with papers?"

The tone of the ending just doesn't work. Sorry. I might have bought everything else, even the discussion about anal sex one night after too many drinks (though that strains credulity a bit), but the minute she decided to strip a little, it went out the window.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 5 years ago
MightyHorny gets my vote.

Not much to add to his comment.

The flash story is an interesting and fun format.

But a good flash needs as much planning

as a longer story.

If not, it leaves important questions unanswered.

I really liked this story.

But the unanswered questions pulled it down

to 4 out of 5 from me.

Anyway, thanks for the entertainment KingBandor!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@HDK

You caught something that I missed entirely. Maybe potential cuck's wife won't believe hubby, but smirker's WIFE is there, and SHE certainly should have, even without the recording!

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
An Idea

For me it would’ve been better if you disclosed the fact that he was an investigative journalist after you let the reader know that he recorded the conversation. Once you mentioned that he was one it became obvious he was recording the conversation, so diminished almost all of the suspense and tension.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 5 years ago
Short and Sweet 5*

Great little tale and straight to the point - "straight shooter" indeed! *****

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 5 years ago
The wife seems incredibly stupid.

She tells her boss she’s an anal virgin, she was comfortable with very personal contact, she took off her bra in the bathroom and she defended him against her husbands accusations until a recording was produced.

Why is he married to her?

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
Oooh I have a new name

I am now known as Banger! Cool, I always wanted a nickname! I may have t-shirts made up with "Call me Banger!" written in big letters across the front.

KingBandor

aka Banger

ricevitorericevitoreabout 5 years ago

I don't see the name of the boss, it's Donald right ?

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
Short and to the point.

I liked it.

Jamborama2Jamborama2about 5 years ago
Enjoyed the story

I would have preferred it if the husband didn't have the recorder and the wife had to decide on her own.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 5 years ago
Finally, a smart husband...

No cuckold here. How refreshing!

Short and sweet.Nice one, KB.

gmann57gmann57about 5 years ago

great story, I wish Micheal would have beat him 1st

boatbummboatbummabout 5 years ago
Nicely Done!

This is the kind of outcome that resonates with karma in a Loving Wives plot setup that has seen many authors work it in different ways.

Your tell, of course, was announcing his profession up front and having a hand in his pocket..... ;-)

Thanks for this fun little flash!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
I need to get me one of those!

I was hoping the husband walked away and two nights later a bullet passed through the boss' brain, but this is far better.

It's amazing to me how some readers can still conclude that she cheated. I guess they can't see anything any other way.

Good story - right to the point. Nice!

266xxyz266xxyzabout 5 years ago
5☆

That was fun. I like people who think on their feet and return fire immediately. Like me except I don't do and am known to do with out much thinking. Tb4 me hih? Good story, I could tell if for no other reason than I didn't see any insane anonny pissing and moaning.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterabout 5 years ago
Ehhhhh

Dump the wife. If she wasn't smart enough to see that, then she's just going to get fooled again. Only reason she believed him was because of the recorder.

red_woodred_woodabout 5 years ago
CYA

Nice story,

Liked the flow and ending, simple

Mark

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
The Bra

Some people feel that the line about the bra ruins the story. Well you may be reading too much into it.

1) we never got confirmation that she actually was braless. Hubby just assumed she was.

2) Maybe the boss's wife and her had a girl talk and said "let's give our men a thrill... Let's see if they notice losing our bras" and they both came back sans bras

3) maybe she didn't really have one on to begin with

KB

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago

I agree with sdc97230, the majority of women are born with a good bullshit detector. The only point I have a problem with is the asshole got Debbie to dress up in sexy cloths for him. Otherwise, great story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@Just_Words

It's not that she's cheated. For what it's worth, I don't think she's consummated the affair, YET. But look what she's already done: Had intimate conversations with her boss, including discussing her sex life; Has changed her appearance at the direction of her boss; Has ignored her husband's obviously correct observations about her boss's intentions; Is comfortable with at least semi-intimate physical contact with her boss; Has removed her bra in a public place presumably at her boss's direction. I may have missed some, but faithful wives who intend to remain that way don't act like that!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 5 years ago
Hand Out of His Pocket?

Could the author have tipped his switch_up any more clearly? Worse. he lied to We-The-Readers after that. Hubby would not have had angry thoughts of arracking Bull-Boss because he was itotal control of the situation ... and he knew it. Why get his panties in a bunch?

KingB also neglected to write in that Sweetie was offered a Senior Vice Presidency by the daughter of the Chairman of the Board before they left the restaurant.

mark73107mark73107about 5 years ago
5🌟 Very enjoyable.

Loved the way he burned that asshole before he even got out of the gate.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Nice story

Loved it.

But only 3* as you forgot to actually write a story. This is only a scene, and all conveniently set up complete with recorders in pockets. Plus the narcissistic bad man telling the hero exactly what is planned.

Next story use your writing talent and provide a complete package, without everything needed being conveniently on hand.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good story

I really enjoyed this one KB. Usually the husband stops the wife before she gives in to the predator. This time the predator is defanged first. There is some concern about the wife, but I believe that she will be more careful. Smirk should be out of a wife and a.job.

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
I tried not to comment but...

I am tired of all the B/S from speculators. Yes we can read anything into a story if we want. Yes her boss was a big blow hard. What we don't know is whether what he says is fact or not.

"Oh, I know that Debbie never lets you fuck her in the ass," he said, gloating. "She told me. She won't deny me that pleasure; I can assure you."

Just because he said it everyone automatically believes him.

"You can try to stop it from happening," he went on with his discourse. "But, it is inevitable at this point. You're in a no-win situation. You're playing in a game you don't understand against a master player.

He can say anything he wants all he has to do is maybe get one guess right and everything else falls in place. Shock and awe, he had already shocked him with the statement that he was going to fuck his wife. The awe came when he said, "I've improved her, of course, getting her to wear sexy clothes to the office for me, sending her to the best stylists in town and hiring her a personal trainer."

My wife had told me it was a benefit given to all of the executives at her level. Did any of you ever consider that the dressing differently was her choice and the rest was part of her package deal.

Why can't the readers here just admit when a story is good and leave it at that instead of throwing bombs and names? Maybe the site director should make sure that the readers are over 18 just like the content has to be. Just saying.

texxmantexxmanabout 5 years ago
Recording

What if he didn’t have a recording? It sounds like his wife was already in an emotional affair.

javmor79javmor79about 5 years ago
@King B

I read your comment defending the supposed bra removal, and I still agree with everyone else. In fact, your comment made me agree with them even more so.

You list three reasons of why the supposed removal could have been. But, and this is important, you are the author! Every detail that you add has significance. Little bits like that are supposed to guide our journey. Whether it is to create tension or give us clues to the outcome, those little things mean something. The three examples that you gave would add nothing to this story. If any of those were the reason, then the bra removal wouldn't have even made the cut to be included.

At least, that's my thinking.

In my mindset, you added it because it stuck out in your mind as you wrote it. Since you are the only one who knows each character's motivations inside and out, we have to assume that this detail stuck out in your head because it was an important clue to her mindset. If the husband were mistaken about it, I think that would have been an important detail to add. And as good of a writer as you are, I think you would have.

All we are left with are the clues you gave us. Her boss already bragged about getting her to dress sexier, which the husband confirmed. She then "supposedly" removes her bra, but not at the husband's request. She doesn't tell hubby that she did it, so it obviously wasn't for his benefit. So it was either for the boss's benefit, or unimportant to the story.

We the readers are just following the clues. Of course, in real life there could be a myriad of logical reasoning, but this isn't the real world. This is yours. You are the guide. We only know what you tell us; nothing more.

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago
Last line.

Love to have seen the last line include Michael saying "and you and I will be meeting alone in the very near future". Great story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@javmor79

Correctamundo! You don't have the main character take note of something that doesn't mean anything!

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
Re Herrings

Sometimes I deliberately put little things in the story to intentionally mislead you or to guide you to suspect one thing or another. That is why I put the line about the bra and the stuff about her "improving". I needed you to suspect her. In the end, the bra is meaningless. If she did it, it wasn't for her boss.

Gmann has it right. Many things in the story are not necessarily the way you interpret them. They are how the MC did, as it is his story. The boss could lie. The hubby could overreact.

Either way, for it to create this much opinion, it did its job.

KB

sdc97230sdc97230about 5 years ago
It really doesn't matter whether what the.boss said was true or not

What's important is that he said it, Michael recorded it, and the boss's wife heard it and didn't like it.

I also get Michael's feeling of anger. Just because you're hanging an asshole by his own words doesn't mean you wouldn't still like to physical on him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@dragonmann72 Re: Anal Sex

Yes, he MAY just be a blow hard, but unless wifey DID tell him that hubby doesn't get her ass, then he risks looking like an ass, pun intended, if they actually HAVE had anal sex.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@javmor79

Speaking about what the writer knows and tells us, he has the husband decide on a "risky" course of action, but how risky was it really? He had recorded evidence of the smirker's claims.

If that DOESN'T pull wifey away from him, she was lost anyway. If she was wavering, or somehow DIDN'T realize what the boss was doing, the recording is going to slam the door in the boss's face. It's actually a NO risk course of action!

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60about 5 years ago
Way to go KB. That's why you're the king.

Loved it. Nice short well thought out read.

OGHMNWOGHMNWabout 5 years ago
Short and Sweet

KB, My comments will be short and Sweet like this Wonderful Hot Erotic Story. I totally enjoyed reading the way Michael controlled his emotions. Let it was said in the comments, which I read each and everyone, the recording may not be used in a court of Law but it was enough for both wifes. Thank You for for letting the Asshole get his just dessert!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Red Herrings?

Okay, now I know that I can avoid your stories.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 5 years ago
Nice read

I like the way it flows. Michael is a lot like me in so many ways. I know he desided he had no option than to lay it out the way he did. I feel that my verbiage to the wife may have been even more straight forward than to the boss. I like your stories. Please continue

javmor79javmor79about 5 years ago
@ King B

Your story has stuck with me, enough for me to come back and read comments on it. Also, it has prompted me to comment three times myself. So, it is a testament to your stories' success, at least with me. The others commenting on it, plus the score, is a testament to its overall success. So, congratulations.

On that note, I have to say that I see where you are coming from. You added little details to muddy the waters, hide the foreshadowing at bit. I get it.

After thinking about your story, I came to a different conclusion about it than I did before. In a sense, it is an example of an almost perfect flash story.

Things you did right. For one, you gave great character development for the two guys with having to spend a lot of background time on them. Here we have a single scene that gives all the info we needed. Another success was telling a multilayered story in a single scene. We have the arrogant boss vs the protagonist, the boss's wife vs many infidelities, the protagonist vs a very naive, dismissive wife who doesn't take her husbands concerns seriously, and the protagonist vs his distrust in his wife. Many conflicts to be resolved, all in a story that is a single page.

The only thing you dropped the ball on (in my humble opinion) was not developing the wife more, or at least settling the debate of her mindset. Even a throwaway line to husband about the bra thing as they were walking off, like "I hate this bra. It always cuts into my skin."

However, the debate over the wife may have added to your stories success. It made it so any interpretation of it can be correct, thus adding to the multilayered aspect of it. I think that was your goal anyway, though I suspect that you hadn't intended on the wife getting skewered as she has been

Take my advice for what's its worth. You write your characters how you see them, and let them be. Don't waste time defending them. You write, we interpret. If we see something different than what you wrote, then that's okay. Maybe your character has another layer that you didn't see. You can't control what the audience sees, all you can do is put it out there for them to enjoy.

And we did, so pat yourself on the back.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
@javmor79 Yep

I did intend to make people wonder. I wanted people to think and invent their own solutions. I am truly not defending my characters. If you read my comments, I give alternative explanations for things to try to show that there are always many possible reasons for things. The only comments that bother me are ones that cross a line, like the one that called me a pissant (I deleted it).

I am surprised nobody (that I have seen) has commented on my not using names in the story. It was intentional, the only reason I even named the boss's wife was to deliberately make her more probable. The boss... He is deliberately referred to without a name.

I also did not provide physical descriptions. This is deliberate as well, to aid the reader's imagination to create their mental image of the people as they envision them.

KB

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
@sbrooks and Red Herrings

If you are so opposed to reading stories with red herrings, then you should probably stop reading. They are done all the time. It is a common thing in fiction to write many side clues, hints and allegations to obfuscate the truth. It is done to imply possibilities that may or may not be true. That doesn't make them false or deception. They just may have no bearing on the result. Suspense, mystery, intrigue stories commonly leave false trails and traps for the reader to aid the narrative. Why would anyone want to read a murder mystery, for example, that only ever has one suspect and never introduces alternative suspects or contradictory evidence.

The purpose of the bra comment was to make people wonder... Was she starting to give in to the evil boss's machinations or could it mean something else. The purpose of the anal sex comment was to make people wonder why she would reveal that or to wonder if he were lying. If I wanted the reader to believe it as an ironclad fact, I would have made it much clearer, like, "Your wife told me last week how you tried to fuck her in the ass, but she denied it, " or "if you don't believe how inevitable it is, check and see if she still has her bra on when she gets back. I told her to take it off when she is in the restroom."

I did not write it that way because I wanted there to be ambiguity. Concrete statements paint one into a corner. Ambiguity gives you control of the narrative.

I am sure you know this. Which makes your comment to avoid my stories because of them very funny and telling.

So, does that mean you won't be reviewing or commenting on my stories anymore, since you won't be reading them?

KB

dragonmann72dragonmann72about 5 years ago
Brooks my friend...

and I mean that sincerely, this may sound terrible but not everyone has tried anal. Yes the boss ran the risk of being wrong but he ran the same risk of being right. If anal wasn't a taboo then we wouldn't write about it.

The way I read this story, the boss was so sure of him self and he loved to cuckold husbands if figured he could say anything when he had the husband on the ropes and get away with it. Just saying

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@KB Re: Red Herrings

Yes there a clues that may be interpreted different ways, but when you have the narrator make this statement, "Debbie asked as she adjusted her little black dress. It distinctly looked like she had taken off her bra while in the restroom," that becomes a statement of fact. Now, I suppose he COULD be mistaken, and of course the REASON she took it off IS open to question, but given the context, and this is YOUR narrator talking, I think that we're entitled to take it at face value.

I think I'm on even stronger ground with the anal sex line. If she DIDN'T talk to him about her sex life, Smirker is taking a big chance, because if they DO have anal sex, he'll be exposed as a blowhard.

As for future stories, I suppose I'll look at them, whether I read or not depends on my time, what else there is to read and the comments. If I do read, I will TRY to refrain from comments, because with some people they degenerate into comment wars, and I've made a promise to avoid them.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
One must give credit where credit is due.

Most writers either apologize for their errors, or blame their editor, dementia, the moon, or Putin. We have something far more original than the plot of this story in the comments. You have to love this logic. "I don't make mistakes. I carefully plan them!"

I was thinking you can't make this shit up, but apparently, some people can!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Names?

You didn't give the characters names, except for the boss's wife?

Um, MC, Michael, his wife, Debbie, boss's wife - ???

If you can't even keep your explanations straight, why should we believe your other rationalizations?

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
@HDK Seriously? Do you have nothing better to do?

I openly admit mistakes in many of my stories. They are full of them. I am far from perfect.

I find it funny that you and sbrooks cannot stop commenting on my story so negatively. Does it really bother you guys that much that one of my stories actually has a good rating? You both seem really interested to keep trying to tear it and me down, days after it was published.

johnadpjohnadpabout 5 years ago
Regarding The Anal Thing

The boss was obviously trying to get in the husband’s head and was using the information he may have gotten very innocently from the wife to insinuate a level of intimacy between himself and the wife that didn’t actually exist.

The boss and wife obviously spent a great deal of time together. Say one day over lunch when discussing business matters the boss starts to talk about more personal matters then as if confiding to the wife he mentions that his wife must not be very sexually attracted to him. As an example he mentions that she has never allowed him anal. The wife (the employee) in trying to make him feel better says you know I’m not sure that means anything. I’m very attracted to my husband but we have never done that. It could have even been even more innocent where she says I don’t think that means anything. The boss asks you mean you don’t do that with your husband. She doesn’t respond, but from her face he deduces that she hasn’t.

But it could be even less innocent than that and not mean thecwife was thinking of having sex with the boss. People at work spend a lot of time together and they can talk about a lot of shit. Heck maybe the wife had read in cosmo that 65% of men say anal is important in a relationship. The next day she and the boss are taking a little break from work and she brings up that stat and asks if he thinks that’s true and from that she reveals that she hasn’t.

Heck I know that about my best friend’s wife, because I asked her that when we were playing truth or dare. She had asked me an embarrassing question just beforehand (if I was going to marry the gf who was there) so I started bombarding her with very personal questions each time I got the chance. I also learned how many men she had been with before my buddy. Although I told her I’m taking that number multiplying by 3 and adding 5.

prinnaveaprinnaveaabout 5 years ago
RE to Re Herrings

This is what I like about some your stories. There is a vagueness, with innuendoes or herrings allowing me draw my own conclusion or ideas. I liked the story with the 'Did she or didn't she' on things', 'Did Smirker or didn't he'. Your right it did it's job. LOL.

I actually found humor in the story. Thank you for a nice short read.

jbpeters74jbpeters74almost 5 years ago
Should have made the wife make a decision

He should have let his wife decide to leave with him or stay first. That would have told him if his wife respected him and trusted him. Have him walk off to see if she follows, somehow. They come back with the recorder afterward. I would want to know how much our marriage was worth to her.

Otherwise I liked the story.

Eve_FintanEve_Fintanalmost 5 years ago
Another good read

Keep them coming!

ReadyOneReadyOnealmost 5 years ago

@Portnoyish 04/16/19 -- Yes, taking off the bra is a real problem. Your idea of the card ride home is right-on.

@sbrooks103x 04/16/19 -- Didn't see it in HDK's comment but your observation of his observation is correct. Boss's wife wouldn't have needed the recording played.

c24jc24jalmost 5 years ago
Great story - Very satisfying, especially on one level

It was great to see someone respond immediately, a true straight shooter. I've often wondered in these situations why the guy doesn't just turn around and say, "Hey, such-and-such says that he's going to . . . etc.". Great to see it!! It often seemed to me that direct communication would either stop or prevent a lot of the infidelity in the stories presented on LW. So much much of the confrontation comes very late in the game and is more on a 'get even' level.

Oh, and some of the criticisms might've POSSIBLY been true for the characters as written . . . HAD IT BEEN A DIFFERENT STORY . . . but red herrings and some misdirection always makes a story more interesting, in my opinion. They also prevent the story from being to 'typical' in nature. Nice job!

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Love it

Amazing what a hidden voice recorder can do to set the record streight.

I myself have used these little recorders in many meetings over the years and yes they have proven what's right and what's wrong many times. Great read.

calibammacalibammaalmost 5 years ago
Hell yeah

Hell yeah! Now let me find some other good writing ✍️ of yours Sir.

OnethirdOnethirdover 4 years ago
Direct

Simple, short direct. If people just told the truth, there’d be no soap operas. He took the best way out and it didn’t take six chapters.

ctdansctdansover 4 years ago
agree with some others

Husband didn't know how they were paying for personal trainer and sexy work clothes - or the why the sexy work clothes? Wife takes off bra and allows intimate touching? Wife doesn't believe husband when it appears he had already warned her about the seduction? They need some serious help as she is not as smart as he thinks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingBandor@KingBandor
2118 Followers
Back after a long time. I've not posted since the pandemic. I was inspired to write a bit more, so keep an eye out for more. Much of what I write about comes from experiences I've had, places I've been and people I've known. Born in the 60's. Came of age in the 80's. Living l...