All Comments on 'Hiding from Herself'

by eclecticdreamer

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Hiding From Herself is simply one of the very best in the genre and not to be missed!

Delicious, Tantalizing, and Well Written!

From the very first sentence it captured my interest and held it. While I wanted to rush to see what came next, your phrasings were oftentimes so tantalizing that I would actually stop and savor each moment before moving on.

From the first dialogue exchanged to the very last, so very nicely done! Believable, Lively, Relevant, and Smooth!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Standing ovation

WOW!!!! Absolutely beautiful....brought tears to my eyes.

I am curious though if you plan on some kind of epilogue....interested to see if Andy's family ever comes around or if things don't work out.

mummys dirty angelmummys dirty angelover 18 years ago
oh my god

I cried! fantastic story, one of the best! xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Amazing!!!

Truly one of the most romantic storis I have read on this site. You have captured the emotions and love so wonderfully.

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read your next submission!

touchetoucheover 18 years ago
Spellbindingly brilliant!

I started reading this story looking for a quick fuck story. (not realizing how long it was) But your well written tale drew me in and I couldn't stop! This was so well done and lovingly told. I look forward to reading more about Andy and Melanie, and the rest of the family. Again this was amazing!!!

Evil AlpacaEvil Alpacaover 18 years ago
Beautiful

While I felt the ending was a little abrupt (I wanted to find out what happened next), the story itself was both heated and heartfelt, and that is a tough combination to accomplish. You should be genuinely proud of this work, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your writings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
AMAZING

Hi, i'm brasilian and my English is not very good but your tale is one off the best!!!!!!

thank you very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
One little thing..

Great story I really liked it but I noticed that Andy's eye color changed from gray to green. A small thing but its better to fix it just so the story flows better. Otherwise very impressive, I hope you plan on writing a part two for this..

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I liked the beginning...but

The beginning of the story had me fingering myself off...and I thought "Oh My God..finally a great lesbian story with great plot and characters, and explicit oral sex (my favorite)"...then Frank catches them in the kitchen together and TOTALLY ruins the mood for me..its such a turn-off to read about a male character in a lesbian story..specially if he continues to harp and say little annoying comments after what he saw...but all in all pretty good stuff.

Marissa

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Awesome!

I just LOVED this story! It's heartfelt, erotic and beautiful! I hope to read more about Andy and Melanie! GREAT read!

M-Y-EroticaM-Y-Eroticaover 18 years ago
Great stuff

I want to write like you one day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
MMMMmmm... Heartwarming...

Exceedingly well written story... of true Love... not just Sex. You need to complete it though. I'd love to see how you would deal with the family thing... I feel its needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
U go girl

Keep up the good work ...U go girl friend

DraconaDraconaover 18 years ago
Yes!!

*ahem* Sorry...got a little carried away there.

Having faced the choice between family esteem and pure love myself I became immersed in your storyline and I found myself crying and cheering for the characters. On the last page when Andy said "I can't give you up"...."I can't give me up" my heart nearly burst with joy.

I have to agree with some of the other comments, I want to know what happens next. I want to see Andy stand up to her mother!

I am very grateful that this story was recommended to me...thanks Sylvie!

Keep writing, dreamer, you have the talent to go far!

Dracona

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Rainbows Purr

Sweetie, I really loved it.. Uhm.. I don't know what to say, to be honest, and I blunder through all my compliments (that is, if I work up the courage to voice them).

But!

I adored your story and you need to hurry up and write more. *insert blunders here*

esntialesntialover 18 years ago
More!

beautiful, "page-turner", sexy......leaves me wanting to read more about these two.

loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
More than just an orgasm

I must admit I was looking for a cheap way to get off...and ended up with more than that. I ended up with a desire to feel the love that Andy and Melanie (sorry is that her name?). This story really inspired me quite a bit.

I never knew two women to love each other so much as these two. And what a hell of a way to announce it to the family.

Julie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Holy Crap!!

I have to say that this short story is by far the best one on this site! lol. A total page-turner. I loved the whooole thing. You must make a sequel! The one thing that I loved about this story is the fact that it was about love.. Not just sex. This one gets all my support.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
LOVELY.

This was the most beautiful thing I've ever read and I definately am going to print it out, too. I really got into it while reading it, and I even cried, twice. I love it.

David48David48over 17 years ago
Tell me...

...an old annoyingly straight male W.A.S.P. such as myself...just wouldn't understand...That's OK. My daughter, now an "old" mom herself...well...she went through a time where she did the "maybe I'm a lesbian", terrified, amazingly mature, and completely enconsolable. Her mother just told her that when she knew for sure, it would all just happen naturally, the way nature intended. Andy's mom, though a complete bitch, is a product of my generation, when being gay was being a hedonistic follower of Satan himself. God...I understand her so well...I had a friend "Jack", and he had a mom "Gayle" who completely disowned him when he annouced his coming out on his 21st birthday. Very dramatic, and completely unnesessary. They had always known. They...just didn't want to hear it...Don't ask-don't tell 1960's style. It was a goddamn disaster. I was there when my best friend lost his entire family. Six years later...he killed himself...as much as you can with too much booze mixed with too much other pain killers. That was over thirty damn years ago, and sometimes I think society's attitude has only got fucking WORSE! I appreciate this story even more for not glossing over the rotten pain of it all, just to make the story a bit "hotter". "Jack", of course, was not his real name. Andy sounds like she will live long and VERY happily. It's just too bad that for everyone of her there seems to many more like my pal. Yeah I'm a real straight arrow...but I do understand...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wonderful

I loved the fact that it was a love story with two believeable characters and some very hot sex. I was rooting for these girls to make it happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
outstanding

i loved it. Beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Deep

I only hope that there is a sequel to this. I am left wondering about a few things. No matter what happens, I really enjoyed it as it is too. A very moving story that I just couldn't stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I loved this story...it pulled me in and held me

I really enjoyed this story that I literally stumbled across looking for a good read...excellent with a few minor flaws here and there. It's very haunting and reads true to life. I agree with a previous poster that the ending seemed a bit rushed or abrupt. There were a couple of things I didn't like but overall...the story is excellent! Honi

yungjoc18yungjoc18about 16 years ago
slammin

wow amazing this is one of the best stroies on this site man you should make another one really cause this is really great man i love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Amazing

This is an amazing and beautiful story, I couldn't stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
the best I've read on here

This is a beautiful story. I really think you have huge talent. I can' wait to see what else you've written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

This was a very high quality story. My emotions were involved, as well as my libido. I wish there were more stories like this on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
OH MY GOD!!!!!

beautifull story thank u xoxoxoxoxo.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wow!!

This story was amazing!! Not only was it well written...but it kept me hot and excited the whole time. keep writing!!

bigrimmstalesbigrimmstalesalmost 14 years ago
DON'T write another chapter!

I know there are suggestions in the responses to add a chapter. Please do NOT. This story has hit a perfect ending, with the reader left to complete it. Nothing better. I hate those stories where they all end up 'happy ever after'. Ever noticed that at the cinema now? Those darn focus groups they use always lead to dumbing down the story so they have to end on a laugh or completion. So few break the mould. Your story does, so leave it this way it is fantastically well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
epilogue?

loved the story but so want to know what happens further between andy and her sis and dad etc.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Excellent storytelling

Just as your gently teasing descriptions of our lovely ladies leave us to fill in some of the details, the hot sex is detailed enough to bring pleasure... but most of all the story telling brings the characters to life, makes us interested in them as people... and able to feel so much more when they do on the page.

M

AmitdankevinAmitdankevinover 13 years ago

The story was a very fine one with a lot of emotions. I liked the way the story unfolded. It was a long story but, was really good. Hope you will write more such stories soon.

briight3yeszbriight3yeszover 13 years ago
great!

i loved this story...but it was one thing that was getting to me...[in the beginning of the story Andy's eyes were gray then they changed to green...what's up with that?lol] I'd really love to know what happened after this with Andy and her family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Wow.

What a beautiful love story. I really enjoyed reading it. I'd give it more glowing praise if I could think straight right now, but my head is so filled with the passion and pain...it was intense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
good story

i enjoy lesbian romance stories and you have written a great story for your readers. :) keep it up and hope you post something new or put up some more to this story as it kinda felt unfinished since you didn't tell us how Andy's family and friends coped with her decision to be with Melanie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Unfinished?

You are a good story teller but the end seems to be lacking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
read the comment B E L O W

part 2? :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
agreed!

part 2, please? :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Part Two?!

Best story I've come across, Part 2!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
more

please write more

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Part 2!!

Cristeta1891Cristeta1891over 12 years ago

Yes, we need a part 2 immediately!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
My only complaint ...

... is that the story ended! Please continue! I LOVED this!!! ~ L

idrubloodidrubloodabout 12 years ago
Great stuff

Loved the drama, loved the build up, loved the sex. Needs a part 2 to find out what becomes of them and Andy's family.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
love it

It was great, understandable, and definitely sexy. I agree with everyone else puuuuuhhhhhhllllleeeeaaaassssse write a part two.

KathyFKathyFabout 12 years ago
F A M I L Y

We Usually Are Born Into A Family. But Not Everyone

Lives To The Expectation Of Their Family. Unfortunately

Andy Is Not Meeting Her Mothers Expectations.

At Least Her (Andy's) Father & Aunt Are Backing

Her Up This Time Out Of The Closet.

P L E A S E, Continue The Story

SHRTSTPSHRTSTPabout 12 years ago
loved it but....

... I find it interesting that Andy;s eyes start off grey then turn green half way through the story. otherwise very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Touching

Write the rest of this story ... it will be therapeutic to many troubled souls trying to make peace with having to be different ... Lots of Luv

slave_breakerslave_breakeralmost 12 years ago
wow!

Words cant explain how great this story is. Im begging you to do a part two

daniek247daniek247almost 12 years ago
wow

this story had me on edge! how andy was so afraid of how others saw her she constantly hurt melanie but she never gave up.her dad standing up for her brought tears to my eyes bc the same thing is happening to me...thanks for letting me know the path i should take <3

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Wow this story had me rooting for Andy and The hot sex that follOwed just made me wet with anticipation. I could not stop playing with myself throughout the read. It was a very good story and I hope that you make more like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The good for eva commenter...

Just because you were hurt by a homosexual does not mean that all homosexuals are bad and dangerous. If everyone was to think like you do than logically every person should be in jail. You think that because one homosexual commits a crime that all homosexuals should be punished. Well if one man committed a rape than by your reasoning all men should be punished and so on and so forth. If you have a problem with homosexuals then why are you read a story about lesbians?

SAbitchSAbitchover 11 years ago
AMAZING

You captured people's true feelings about homosexuality perfectly. They say things that hurt their friends or family so badly and all of that because they are so caught up in what others think. Some people come to accept it, but it will never be truly accepted if we still have parents and people who think like Andy's family. It's sad actually.

eclecticdreamereclecticdreamerover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your comments!

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! I wrote this story when I was very young and it was so wonderful to see such words of encouragement logging back in to the site years later. I have decided to submit a part 2, and I hope you will all let me know if you enjoyed it as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
CAN'T WAIT!

This was one of my favorite story on Literotica! Please write soon! TY!

Silent92Silent92about 11 years ago
Excited!

I cannot wait for part 2!!!!!

Amazing!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Awesome !

Part 2 pleaseeeeee !

janny54janny54about 11 years ago
please do part 2!

this is such an incredible story not only from an erotic point but from a human emotional point written beautifully with so much detail covering everyone's feelings, anxieties and fears. would like to see how it may end. thank you for a wonderful story that touched my soul.

hope to see a part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
More Please

Well written and engaging story, please add a next chapter to further develop their lives together.

trey1123trey1123almost 11 years ago
moreeeeee

Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved the story

it made me laugh when caught in Kitchen by Frank i enjoyed the nice build up

and will like the next installment

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Wish i could find me a lover. Wonderful story. I really loved it. Part 2 time. Just see if her and sister deeane get along again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Parts 2-4 are still in your plans we hope!

Great story with lots of incredible personal, and real, feelings. TERRIFIC!

blackdragon54blackdragon54over 10 years ago
very awesome

Very very very very awesome story. Great emotions and confusion, you did an awesome job displaying that war within her, would love to see how it ends up, even if its been 8years since you posted this one. Very good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
REQUEST FOR PART 2

i so looooove the story !! i wish it will have a part 2 ! pleaseeeeeeeeee. i want to know their journey, until they grow old together. :)

SwifthawkSwifthawkover 10 years ago
It's really too bad

I have read all of your stories on here, ecleticdreamer, and it's a real shame that you stopped writing. The three stories you have on here are so well written and believable that we readers here are definately missing out with your absense. Anyways, thanks for sharing what you have though. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

(TT^TT) Tears of joy damn it... tears of joy

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 10 years ago
Wonderful

I must say, this story was beautifully written. It showed a lot of love and passion between two women. I know it's been awhile since you have written, but I do wish you start again and give us all more stories as good as this one was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story but...

Hiding from Herself is a great story, well-written---if this is the right expression to use for a computer screen, it's a real page-turner. I've given you five well-deserved stars. But one criticism. The ending of the story was a bit abrupt. A good short story should have drama and elements of conflict and to satisfy the reader, the conflict should be resolved. You created several good levels of conflict here but the only one resolved was the "will-she, won't she?" between Andy and Melanie. There are at least three other areas of conflict in the story which you have left hanging. Unless you are planning/writing a sequel, then this leaves the reader feeling slightly unsatisfied.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
how can they pledge themselves to each other

when they don't know who they are?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
love at first sight

a very good well written story but you need a sequel because the story was left unfinished. 5 stars

Ron

LiveCatLiveCatover 9 years ago
More?

Loved this story. The characters are realistic, it was well written, the storyline was addictive and the sex was hot! What more could I ask for except more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Love your story nead a sequel need more

DelsetDelsetover 9 years ago

I keptlooking at the pages left in your story, waiting for it all to go to hell. Never have I read something this long that stayed so good. However, no matter what trials they were tested with, every fire they walked out of simply revealed them to be sexier and stronger, more tender and more real.

Thank you. MORE!

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THIS IN ITSELF IS AN IMPOSSIBLE TASK

when you close your eyes...people still see you...TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
MUST HAVE MORE!!

I came so much when I read this it grabbed you and didn't let go! I really hope for part 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
lets hear...

where momma gets what's coming to her for her betrayal of the family....*snarl*

MartyMBMartyMBalmost 9 years ago
Too many things left unresolved

I agree with the many who say a second part is needed. Frank's trouble with Deanna, the secretary, Beverly and Trish need their own resolution also, not to mention the rest of the family. Great writing, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Part 2...

Part 2 was brought up in 2012. Any way we could be told if it's gonna happen or not.

~patiently waiting still...

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 8 years ago

A Perfect 10 story!!! I've read over a hundred stories on the site and this is in the top 25. It is just that good. My only disappointment is there is no chapter 2 or ending:( Eclecticdreamer, where are you - may we please have a sequel. So much is left unresolved. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pt 2 probably not happening

Since eclecticdreamer hasn't posted a story in 10 years, I'm guessing there's no pt 2 on the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Such a shame there won't be a part 2

Beautiful story, cleverly written & so seductively done too.

Due to lack of posts for a decade, shame the won't be a part 2, as I would have loved to have read how the bitch of a mother & sister were dealt with & the re-connecting with her father. Also how Frank & other sister continued (or not).

Shame, real shame - one of my top 10 stories & I've read hundreds on here over the years

crazeeboy123crazeeboy123about 8 years ago
Beautiful Love Story

This is a beautiful love story, and it shows that love conquers all!! Whilst we assume that Andy & Melanie live happily ever after, the story ends with the two ladies together, we are left to guess how their new life blossoms and how they resolve things with Andy's family, if at all .

luvandluckluvandluckover 7 years ago

Totally great read! Only criticism i have is that theres no part two, you just left us hanging, like i said it was a great read and the sex was phenomenal and left me wet and wishing i had a gf. I would just like to know what happened with andy's family especially her bitchy mother and her sis when she found out her husband wasnt cheating on her at all. If you can find time to write a part two i know theres a lot of us that woud love to read it. This is still one of my fav's anyway.

gjames17gjames17over 7 years ago
Brilliant!!!

So very well written. Easily one of the very best. I would also love to read more of Andy, Melanie, and what happened due to be nuclear fallout from that gathering. Please consider continuing this wonderful story? Thank you.

Greg

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 7 years ago
Wow, great story!

I totally enjoyed this story, although I feel it would have been better had you added another couple of paragraphs to it, giving us closure. Still, it was a great story, and I thank you for sharing it with us!

MartyMBMartyMBover 6 years ago
Unresolved

I really like the story. I thought, though, that Andy's family's issues are unresolved. I understand their feelings at the gathering but would they ever change? Would they ever accept Melanie and her? What's the long-term relationship going to be? Anyway, thanks for the story.

MarshallaMarshallaover 6 years ago
With a family like that ...

..., I don't see any closure. Too much into themselves, and appearances.

I say screw 'em. (in fact I did, in my case. But I'm just the Black Sheep).

Except for Dad, who really wants Andy to be happy. And, of course, Frank, who actually understands and is accepting of it.

I can see Andy and Melanie sharing the rest of their lives together, regardless of what Family might think. Unfortunate that it will have to be like that, but Life goes on.

Love the story. Very in depth, and hot in all the right places.

roveroneroveroneover 6 years ago
LOVED it-!

VERY very good, and also very hot.

Fave story, and 5

stroudlestroudleover 6 years ago
i loved it too

I don't care that the family problems weren't resolved that's real life . things don't always get resolved. it was hot and sexy and andy and melanie ended up together which is all that matters. it was I thought well written too. thank you

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 6 years ago
Needs a sequel

It's too bad you're not writing here anymore; Andy and Melanie truly deserve at least a second chapter in their story that you tell so well.

tlcbitlcbiover 6 years ago
More please

There is more of this story that needs writing. Please continue writing.

MaonaighMaonaighover 6 years ago
There's only one thing wrong...

...with this story---it feels unfinished. You've set up a great dramatic situation with Andy's family and then have just left it hanging with no resolution. It leaves the reader feeling cheated. It's certainly a well written story but it really needs completion. [And on top of that you need a scene showing Frank firing his malicious gossip of a secretary.]

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Brilliant

Your wriring

The storyline

The characters

The flow

Brilliant work

.... wish and want for on Melanie and Andy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Hi. Im 50/50 just my opinion... but too much sex and not enough drama & character building for me. Needed, MORE. More emotion. Not just family drama then sex

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
One word sentences

Since when did one word constitute a sentence?

ukdukeukdukealmost 6 years ago
Lovely!

Well written and nicely executed.

However, it needs finishing.

There are unfinished business not only as regards her family but also her sister.

Why the tight leather dress, etc.

Needs another chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful but Incomplete

The character buildup and tension is amazing but I feel like it needs more closure than just them being together. The family situation needs to be touched at again to see what eventually happens with Andy and her family. Otherwise I completely adore the characters.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous