All Comments on 'Lyin' Eyes Ch. 05'

by Longhorn__07

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments
Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Kinda interesting.

One thing's for sure; before this is over we'll all be seeing Dr Jamieson.

Actually, my little brain is having more trouble with it all than his is having.

Those feelings might be in your brain but that is why man was given 'choice'. Able to make rational decisions and choose the best path!

No way is the path Laura chose one of rational thinking!!

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
your talent

bogged down, the same as your story did. not that it's not good writing, just to much. could have been condensed some and still kept the same impact. having that said, still emotionally involved and looking forward to next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well Thank You !!!

So the big psychiatrist in the sky spun one to many smoke trails eh!!

I think we need dualing Dr.'s - Oh just kidding - I am very happy you seem to be moving toward putting this story properly to bed - he doesn't need to shoot or hang her but enough of this du du or pack it in for a year or more of reflection time!

C R E D I B I L I T Y is like currency - it is payment for value, trust and respect!

Author - I like your work and theme - please bring this one home credibly. with high Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very accurate

This is all very accurate in terms of the psychology. Well done!

romaq7705romaq7705over 18 years ago
huh?

mark got it right. the technical term for what the good doctor is saying is bullshit. and mark is paying a ton of money for that??? come on...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Sorry

I am having trouble following this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Aren't psychologists great?

I like the writing here, but it seems that the psychologist is trying to twist this so that she is not responsible for anything. People need to accept responsibility for their actions, it was an affair lasting 6 months!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Fascinating...

Good work, Longhorn. Turning into an gripping, phychological drama with unkown paths for the players. A well written, well plotted story. Looking forward to the remaining chapters. Thanks for a great read.

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Fascinating...

Good work, Longhorn. Turning into an gripping, phychological drama with unkown paths for the players. A well written, well plotted story. Looking forward to the remaining chapters. Thanks for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Act 2 of a 3 Act Play

Everyone is down in the bottom of the well now. It will be interesting to see how it ends.

kydreamrkydreamrover 18 years ago
Another fun episode!

Well written story, with an emphasis on the psychological aspect of the adultry. The doc should allow breaks in the sessions to allow Mark to process the session in short bursts..he's being overwhelmed with unexpected information and having to think in ways he's rarely, if ever, had to try and think.

That said, and having studied psychology for a couple of ears in college, I think the doc's onto something in this chapter. I just hope Mark's going to get over his "punishment" mindset and start thinking.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
wow

Interesting what a twisted mind and marriage. Please continue so I can get this clear in my Mind, However a very well written story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
PHYSCO BABBLE BULLSHIT

Don't give a fuck what she saw her father do when she was a teen. If this were my wife i would have divorced the whore and never looked back. If there was a problem, than talk to your spouse. You don't go out and have an affair instead. Because her father cheated on her mother, she thaught that her husband was going to cheat on her and when he didn't she went and had an affair. You know what this is pissing me off. I don't give a fuck what happened, there is no excuse,reason, or an explanation for someone having an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well now!!!

Sounds like BULLSHIT to me too!!!!!!!! Way to go Mark, go talk to a divorce lawer...Dump her cheating ass now, if you take her back she WILL cheat again and use the same LAME excuse!!!

Paul

ShuriwudShuriwudover 17 years ago
HUH??????

The first issue is that we a "Feel Good" Psychologist. When I brought up my father's affair with my mother's teenage sister that was living with us, my psychologist asked my feelings, I told her it was bullshit and if I'd been a man when it happened 'the ole man' and I would have had some serious discussions. Course at the same time I was being abused by my mother's other sister, ......Anyway, my doc said straight up that she agreeded it was bullshit, and shoots straight from the hip with me, calling me out and meeting me on the Level that Mark needs to be met out.

Hmmm, where was I going with this, oh yeah, even knowing that my ole man was cheating on mom, and even realizing that I was being abused as well, I can state with all matter of fact, I've NEVER cheated on my WIFE. Laura and this doc are full of SHIT.

Other than that, pretty good story. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
I'm done

I'M DONE READING THIS PIECE OF CRAP

bigguy323bigguy323almost 14 years ago
Thanks for the warning on reconcilliation. I don't mind reconcilliation based on

truth. This bitch did not deserve the slightest consideration. She is a serial cheater and a TERRIBLE mother.

Reconciliation is an insult to our intelligence.

SKHPSKHPover 13 years ago
I agree with Mark in this story

"This is bullshit" he comments the Pchycho-Docs explanations. Very far-fetched!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

"This is bullshit" is right, the bitch wanted to have an affair & had one & is using the doctor to help excuse her unforgivable actions with the shit she is spouting!

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
Nonsense

Clearly the author is an emotional and not a logical thinker. An engineer would not say '"This is bullshit," I said carefully. "There's nothing here but some crap designed to give my wife a free pass for screwing around and betraying our marriage, not to mention me and our daughter."' and then just walk out without allowing and explaination.

Such an illogical chapter deserves my 1* rating.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 13 years ago
Gee

I didn't know that so many professional Doctors of mental illness read these stories. There are so many of you that know all about it that I am totally amazed! I think I will go along with the writer. Bye guys!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdabout 12 years ago
Pretty Realistic

I think the husband's comments mirrored exactly what I would have said.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Still loving it

Well, I don't think it is bullshit. I would tend to agree that this is exactly what happened and it explains why she was emotionless and unsatisfied by the tryst. However, it is not an explanation that could possibly lead to reconciliation. He does the right thing at the end, if not for the right reason. The marriage is over. She s deeply wounded psychologically. Knowing what caused that may lead to forgiveness and understanding, but it can't fix the problem. Those impressions are deep and she will undoubtedly struggle with them the rest of their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
No matter what..

She is still a whore. Except now just looking for an excuse whore...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
smells like bs

Ok... Laura's clearly got some issues. That's been obvious throughout the story. I don't understand why her subconscious took over and overruled what her conscious mind should have told her was wrong. This explanation implies she didn't know better and with her being a reasonably intelligent adult, this just seems impossible to me.

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Alyssa

Author keeps throwing Alyssa's need for her mother out as a reason for Mark to accept the whore.

Divorce her, and give her generous visitation, problem solved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Beyond BS!

Regardless of the workings of her subconscious, Laura's conscious mind knew that she was being immoral when she had her relationship with "mr. pathetic" . Our conscious mind decides what we do, even if there MAY be subconscious reasons for doing things.

chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Two More Chapter***

Thanks for sharping this book!!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loving it

This is one wild ride!

Richie4110Richie4110almost 10 years ago
Outstanding dramatic development

I loved the build up and the character clarity. The story is wonderful. My feeling are completely turned around on this relationship and I'm pulling for a reasonable resolution.

I really get pissed reading the naysaying, myopic, nuckleheaded detractors that can't get passed the concept of a novel story for the pure enjoyment of a writer's talent. I hope you will share that talent with us again despite the stupidity of some commenters.

Thank you!

Tim413413Tim413413almost 10 years ago
Psycho-babble?

I don't know. The author has not yet convinced me that reconciliation is appropriate. Am I to assume that Mark has put the divorce on hold? Couldn't someone ask Laura's much older brother who was pregnant (Mom or Aunt Ruth) just before Laura was born?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
its a story

life does not always make sense , often things don't go the way we plan or expect them to .

so i am always baffled when people pick apart & dissect a work of FICTION ,

especially when it is so well written , so emotionaly captivating & entertaining.

with Fiction pushing the boundaries of what is possible -

- the likely & unlikely is what makes it so enjoyable , so engrossing & so much fun.

the expected & unexpected twists & turns ,

the full gambit of emotions that the writer uses

its a story & its a good story .

i love it

ty for sharing it with us

x

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
This is bringing back vivid memories

Of how the Psych majors were the most fucked up students on campus! It was clear they had issues necessitating an understanding of the human mind.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Perfect excuse! Perfect excuse!

Forgive your slut wife, take her back into your lovin' arms immediately. Let the Doc and your wife snow you good, maybe you should ask forgiveness for getting all the evidence against her, all the money and all the heartache cause to you and your child. It is NOT Laura's fault!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Mark has it right

And I quote - "This is bullshit". I think that covers it. Their divorce should be finalized by this time. The Court would have set a visitation schedule so that she could spend time with her Daughter and this story is over. Why is Mark still visiting the Doctor and hos ex-wife? He has a temper. He has seen the proof of her affair and now the good Doctor is trying to wave a magic psychobabble wand over Mark's head and convince him that he should forgive his wife because her Father cheated, she needed to cheat?

You're a long ways out in left field here Tex. Not sure you can reign this story back in and save it. We'll see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
If you're going to make up something

at least let it be plausible and not be without have a shred of common sense in there.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 8 years ago
a mess

Leave the mentally ill to the professionals.

He has enough on his plate raising a child as a single parent, which he is through no fault of his own.

Sometimes all you can do is cut your losses and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
frustrated

In fairness I know the author warned me, the reader, and maybe I'm jumping the gun here but would it be acceptable if he beat her because of trauma in his childhood? Yes I'm comparing cheating to beating your wife - personally I believe both are abhorrent and I'm not sure which is worse - although I suspect it is cheating. Why give Laura such a bullshit out. I'm not opposed to happy endings but this is ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
LongQueer ..

.. The PHYSCO BABBLE is how a CUCK LEANING, PISS POOR WRITER attempts to cover his/her WHORE WIFE APOLOGIST, wimp husband agenda!

IT DOESN'T WORK NOW and neither does your PIECE OF SHIT STORY! Now slink on back to your bedroom closet and try not to get your two inch dick caught when you shut the door .., and FUCK OFF CUCKYBOY!!!

sinstalkersinstalkerabout 8 years ago
It just doesn't fit for me....

I'm enjoying this read and appreciate the heads up. I am also all for people reconciling. But it is on the author to make his writing support that outcome. On multiple occasions she got a heads up that her husband was suspicious. Why the guilt and sorrow now? Why not when he begged her not to go or came right out and asked her if she was cheating or when her friends said they were questioned? She stopped meeting him for a week so she knew she was worried and knew she was doing wrong just didn't care enough to stop completely. Not the actions of someone concerned for her marriage as she was acting quite contrite right after getting caught and before her therapy started. I feel the author has failed to justify the happenings at this time.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
so its all down to mental issues.....

Ok. So she was going through some kind of a breakdown (simplyfied).

He told her, he warned her. And she denied.

She cannot have been living in her subconsience 24/7.

Surely at some point her real life would come to the fore and she would be aware.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Authentic.

mordbrandmordbrandover 7 years ago
Hypnosis

Has been debunked beyond reasonable doubt. Just like a lie detector, it is a faulty pseudoscience method to determine information. She would have known the information she gave the therapist already, she simply needed the false crutch of hypnosis to give up the facts. This means she is still trying to hide her thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I agree, it's psychobabble bullshit...

I'm not against reconciliation, in fact, when kids are involved, that would be the preferred outcome - assuming the parents can love each other again. Anything less than a true loving relationship will harm the children as much or more than divorce. Trust is implicit, it must be there for love to exist.

This hypnosis stuff is not to be trusted in any way, shape, or form. A psychologist should know that. Does anyone remember the Day Care Center child abuse hysteria back in the '80's? All those day care workers/owners went to prison because the kids "remembered" being abused, raped, satanic worship, prostituted, forced to eat babies, etc. All that came about because of the coercive interviewing techniques used by the psychologists to determine what had happened. The memories were implanted into the children during hypnosis conducted by child psychologists. Look it up if you don't remember it.

If they don't give the husband something useful, something based on fact and not some psychobabble from a frustrated shrink - there will never be trust in that marriage again. Personally, if it was me, I could not even consider reconciliation.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
He is right

That doctor and his whore of a wife are full of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Powerfully Written!

Having grownup with a mother who suffered from serious mental illness, I have to say that this is a powerfully written story. I got teary-eyed while reading the descriptions of the wife's behavior. I saw my mother clearly doing these same behaviors. Regardless of how you feel about the content, the way it's delivered is outstanding!

I also don't condone the wife's behavior, by cheating on her husband, even if she was mentally disturbed by her father's ongoing affair with her aunt. It's NO excuse and I don't see a means of rebuilding trust demonstrated so far in this story. Why wouldn't she do it again? She's still responsible for her actions!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another problem....

Her father and biological mother stayed together while dad fucked his wife's sister.

HOW FUCKING PATHETIC!!! Dad should have left mom, if he was going to fuck around! Or he should have kept it in his pants if they didn't want to divorce! Mom "giving" dad and sister the "OK" to fuck each other so there wouldn't be a divorce and the pair could get their rocks off without bothering mom is just plain PATHETIC! Dad and sister were/are pathetic asses cause they couldn't control their urges. Mom was/is just a freaking bitch! NO love in that family AT ALL!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another thing....

Why did it take so long, after all those years of a good marriage, for this bad behavior to manifest itself??? ...And why with the kind of asshole she took up with???

The story is lengthy and wordy. You attempt to excuse bad behavior by some psychological claptrap. Dad was wrong, mom was wrong, mom's sister was wrong and.....Laura was just plain WRONG, AND SHE KNEW IT! The way she treated her husband and daughter over the course of her affair cannot be excused by her mind being in some sort of fog or shutdown! None of the story really makes any real sense!

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 7 years ago
Psychobabble

This sounds like absolute BS. Nothing here explains here indifference and, more to the point, belligerence toward her husband and child. She might be nuts, but that doesn't translate to her behaviour towards her family.

Horseman68Horseman68almost 7 years ago
Interesting.....

..... to see from the spread of comments how deeply and differently this story has hit the psychological "nerves" of so many readers -- both those personally accepting and those in absolute denial.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Must be a good story

Given the wide variety of comments the writer must be touching a lot of different nerves. Only way he could do that is the readers are invested in the story, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Poor logic

T he reason for her to have an affair is poor and does not explain her ranting and raving.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
To Horseman and the rest of the idiots of his ilk...

There is NOTHING in SCIENCE to justify this kind of talk show crap as IMPERATIVE for cheating, or any other perfidy. Impetus, yes, IMPERATIVE, no!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Paying

Whose paying for Laura's treatment,there is no mention of having got a job,no mention what happened to the law suits against her boss and the V.P.Things should not be mentioned and then ignored.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Going down

This is going down fast. Using psychobabble as an excuse for cheating. He should still finish the burn.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 5 years ago
Awful

Improbable BS. If you are forcing an absurd reconciliation, try and base it on something other than a fairy godmother sprinkling fairy dust on everyone to make it all better. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fuck no...

The entire thing is his fault for NOT having an affair. This is all psycho-bullshit to blame the husband because she wants more dick. I can't believe this story is rated above a 2.0. The bullshit is so deep I find it hard to walk.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
We have hear a character

Who when betrayed to this extant would make the hard decisions. I'ts over without mystical author intervention.

THis character is a shark, decisive and most importantly he has self respect.

THe counselor will talk him into it ,but the man as written would not buy into something so silly no matter how repetitive.

chaoddicchaoddicabout 5 years ago
Only thing

His daughter...needs her mother. Other than that, this marriage for intents and purposes is over.

moblanemoblanealmost 5 years ago
Author lost the plot!

Such nonsense, I know a couple of 'psychologists', one is a clinical psychiatrist I have copied and pasted this garbage and will have them read it the next time we share a bottle of wine! From a readers point of view the whole messy diatribe was unintelligable to a normal person. I, like your character 'Mark' am an engineer having dealt with all things mechanical from plant equipment to high speed racing cars with about 30 years in the mix dealing with aircraft support vehicles and computers. I would be aggressively hostile to this ' doctor' and agree with 'Mark' when he offers"crap designed to give my wife a free pass for screwing around and betraying our marriage,' If you write this kind of psychobabble then either make it real, or interesting. This whole section is nonsense verging on insult to the reader. It is truly a ridiculous story. I see there is a Ch 06 !! I can't wait! I shall read it , BUT I AM NOT ON YOUR SIDE!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Pschobabble!

SHE had an affair because he didn't have the one that her subconscious thought he should?

And what ever messed up psychological reasons you might want to scrape up for HAVING the affair, that doesn't explain her attitude toward him when he tried to talk to her!

mark63055mark63055almost 5 years ago
ITS OVER

MY WIFE CHEATED FOR 15 YEARS AND COVERED IT UP WELL BUT YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THE CHEATER HAND BOOK SAYS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Oh, No, No, No

"She screams and attacks anyone trying to hold her back from getting to me if I have to leave her somewhere for an unexpectedly long time," I said quietly. "She's terrified someday I won't come back to get her. Can you imagine what that fear must be like to a little girl not quite four years old, Laura? Can you?" Try it with one that age and one a couple of years older. Still don't see a BTB happening unfortunately. My ex's phyciatrist was a duck; quack, quack, quack. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
trash

There's psychobabble and then there's this trash.

If you need to pull that level of mental gymnastics to make your intended reconciliation work, that should tell you all you need to know about the relationship you've laid out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
i'm not on either side

psychology helps us understand the WHY

but it does NOT forgive. it does NOT make anything okay.

people have choices, people are not programs with pre-determined outcomes.

psychology is only a tool to spot problems, and solve them. it does NOTHING to forgive problem, to sooth those hurt by those problems, and people either put too little....or too much weight into what it actually is.

bottom line, she cheated. she abused. she neglected. if others react negatively towards her...she's a big adult now...not a lil' girl. she just has to accept she's a shitty person, and try not to be one.

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Mark is right

This is Bullshit!!!

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Doesn't compute

He has been patient and "loving" throughout Laura's therapy. Why does he blow up when a prognosys that does not fit with his narrative is brought forth? He has already admitted that he really only knows enough about this stuff to be dangerous. His actions are out of character. Still 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Good story...forced me...

...to think about a subject far from my reality. Look forward to the rest. As for this author's stories that involve flying, it is painfully obvious he/she is not a pilot. Exactly backwards radio procedures as well as control column input upon flaps deployment are just two 1 examples...suggest author go to nearest pilot coffee shop with applicable excerpts and buy someone a coffee...inexpensive editing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Astonishing

After having been thoroughly debunked as long ago as the 1960s, the old Freudian psychotherapy is being presented as the "key" to understanding and forgiving the slut wife. This is nothing but a Golden Corral-quality buffet of psychbabble garnished with the overused, gullible, weak LW husband character.

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

I agree with hubby's line: "This is bullshit."

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

After two years, and reading again, I have to agree with Torgau.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

The story is good and I'm no marriage counselor and don't have much understanding of psychology but that late counseling session sure seems to have some convoluted thinking and reasoning in it, What did I just say? Not sure I understand it maybe the author does. Don't know how much research he put into the psychology thing but its still an interesting story and premise.

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

Story is well written, but the reasoning behind the affair is still unclear. As I stated in the last chapter I will reserve judgement until the end. 5 stars for the writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
2 Stars

Why is the Husband getting blamed for the wife Cheating ? This Chapter is below this authors Style .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Bah Bah Bah she's damaged wood

Bah, bah, bah, she's a slut. and she's blaming everyone but herself. He had to push her to look for a reason. Not good.

I don't get why is he so understanding and behaves as a wimpy cuck.

Kick the slut to the curb and stop eating the psychobabble you're being fed as if i were her lover's cum.

MeredithXMeredithXabout 3 years ago

The pseudo-science in this one is a bit much. I have engaged in some untoward behaviors, actions that I regret, but I can tell you exactly what I was thinking at the time, even if I wouldn't do it again. The responsibilities lie with me and no one else. (And "Dr. Jamison" is not a believable character.)

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

second time around for this one, I'm a bit like Mark to able to accept what the doctors analysis of the situation has come up with. We don't know how well the author has researched psycology, imprinting and learned behavior. The conclusions of the hypo session seem a bit stretched and that was covered by him walking out. He certainly was being a wimp there. The wife's actions and things she said show quite clearly she had some deep seated issues, causes for cheating? Who knows. Still, you need to do what's best for the child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She can tell right from wrong or not. If she can - and could- tell. Then she is guilty and she decided to do everything she did. If she can¡t tell right from wrong, then she is a deeply disturbed person and shouldn't be allowed close to her daughter and her should be careful till he finds out if a cure is possible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You do know ALL people are basically INSANE.😁 and usually made that way by their parents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please put a bullet in Longhorn's brain so he will stop this psychobabble. I did stop reading after #4, and hoping I can find a way to rate these ALL a ZZERO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What an excuse for an affair BS!

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

I love the psycho babble! It you twist it around you can justify anything which means man's (and woman's) ability to justify anything is unlimited!!! It was good up Ch 4 but the psycho analyzing is entertaining also and for those complaining our author did warn you back at the end of ch 4!! Keep going Longhorn!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

This chapter was a load of absolute rubbish. My God u go to extraordinary lengths to justify your RAAC story. Even you appear to be embarrassed by it.

Your excuses are truly pathetic.

Scores 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolute shit. Started good, turnd to crap at cp 4. But he did warn us the husband would turn into a cum sucking piece of useless shit with no backbone. So we were at least warned. It still sucked. BAD!!!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

Yes, always the Male's fault. LOL, never go to a Female shrink

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wonder when one of these so called writers are going to do their job and investigate about how therapists really work. None of you have portrayed a shrink resembling a real one. The rest is stupid psychobabble used to as a cheap resource to make us readers react to it.

trance00trance00over 2 years ago
About psychiatrists and therapists

Have any of you every been? Psychiatrists don't do talk therapy unless you're rich. Psychiatrists are MDs who specialize in mental disorders. They make a diagnosis, prescribe medication, and do medication management. That's pretty much it. Therapists, councilors, whatever you want to call them, get degrees in psychology or social work, then undergo special training to get a license to do counseling. They are not medical doctors, they cannot prescribe medication (only an MD or a nurse with special training can do that), and talk therapy is what they do. Just like anything else, they can be good or bad. A bad one is, at best, a waste of time and, at worst, can lead you astray. The good ones can help you change you life for the better and might be instrumental in saving it. You have to take a chance, see whether they are smart or full of shit, and whether it possible to establish a good rapport. You have to be willing to take a chance and to move on to someone else if it isn't working.

Oh by the way, anyone who uses the term "psychobabble" is just identifying themselves as being willingly ignorant (or perhaps afraid) of the science of psychology. Try taking a class or just accept your ignorance (or fear).

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

Total Utter Horseshit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was more concerned with the fact the counsellor/ psychologist was openly discussing his wife while he was saying wot he said is confidential where was the safeguarding for his wife shes vilolating so many laws an codes of conduct she shouldn’t be discussing things his wife’s disclosed without the wife present

pummel187pummel187about 2 years ago

Thanks a lot Longhorn_7 read this made me STUPID!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

In the context of this story, remember the wife gave the doctor permission to be as forthcoming as needed with the husband and during the last session both husband and wife were present, so if the wife wanted anything withheld she could say so, of course any holding back would probably make the husband end the whole mess of a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You need to actually reed the story, not skim it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Freud would so proud of you, my dear Longhorn. Such a brilliant explanation of the reasons of the affair! Are you in some way related to Dr. Freud, Dr. Longhorn?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It IS a load of bullshit.

Next he'll be apologizing for not fucking someone else.

This whole thing with her dad fucking her aunt with her mother's blessing is a justification for her to have an6 month long affair? Come on. This is an adult woman...with capabilities of reason.

Lots of teenagers see and experience promiscuity with regards to their parents. It doesn't mean they are so damaged as to go crazy as educated and reasonable adults and betray everything they love and cherish!

And thats what this loving mother and wife did. She didn't just cheat clandestinely a few times. She was blatant. She rubbed their noses in it. She emotionally abandoned her own infant daughter! Not just cheating...but reviled and rejected her daughter. Do you know how damaged a person has to be?

Like she would be a danger to herself in order to get the level of loathing she expressed towards her own child.

Let alone her husband that she claims she loves?

Yeah. This whole thing has reached a level.of ridiculousness as to boggle the mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Has NO ONE realized that your parents and other adults in authoritative positions truly FUCK UP YOUR MIND during you formative years in ways you and they don't understand.

HUMANS ARE THE WORST SOFTWARE EVER PROGRAMMED!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

I took the author's advice and didn't reread these last chapters (I have read them in the past, but don't remember very much), but did peek at it a bit, and I see there are some excuses for her cheating. These MIGHT carry some weight if his discovery of the cheating was a singular event. But it wasn't - he suspected, then knew even before the big reveal, and all along he was begging, pleading with her to stop. She was dismissive of his concerns, even as she knew they were true, even threatening to do what she was already dong!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great turn of the screw - to coin a phrase!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Even more Mumbo Jumbo.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"There's nothing here but some crap designed to give my wife a free pass for screwing around and betraying our marriage, not to mention me and our daughter."

This is exactly how the character of Doctor Jamison is used by the author to promote and force sell an unrealistic reconciliation to the cheated upon husband. The good doctor is practicing "quackery" . Regardless of what Laura "believed" consciously or not she's still personally responsible for her bad choices and self destructive behavior. In none of the good doctors sessions is Laura ever held accountable...the good doctor goes to great measure to manufacture "excuses" and "justifications" for bad choice and bad behavior. Shameful misrepresentation of the purpose and goals of therapy.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Oh the excuses get into mind bending,….. not sure how good this is now

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous