All Comments on 'Perhaps it is the hurricane'

by annaswirls

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
CuriouswifeCuriouswifeover 18 years ago
This left me feeling so sad

Written very well. I love the ones that make me think after I read them. This one did that.

RhymeFairyRhymeFairyover 18 years ago
Mellow yet ... Not ~

I see so much behind your flippant words of everyday and night things. Just a mirage of need and want. Feelings that need to be expressed or they shall surely tare ya apart.

Might just be me. It is a poem right. Not Real life ... Just words meant to be read, devoured and regurgitated into this life of want ... Lovely imagery that pierces the deepest soul of wishes and dreams ~

As always I Love your poetry and this one shot deep and true to the heart ~!!!

imho ~

More Please ~ *smiles n huggs ~

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
No doubt!

This one is a hurricane, alright! What a whirling blend of imagery! I love the use of the frappe to tie back into the title, and that opening is killer!

I don't understand a couple images, though.

Your poetry is always a blast!

Fly

sandspikesandspikeover 18 years ago
You told me stories

and got me drunk while the news kept us from laughing.

I feel swirled and confused in way best expressed as

party cloudy with a chance of dammit. All I wanted

was to paint your toes and hear 4th grade stories

while the tide can in and the wine chilled. I got so

much more.

mischievousgrinmischievousgrinover 18 years ago
huzzah

anyone who uses the word exoskeleton in a poem is A-OK in my book. I wanna be like you when i grow up :)

LeBrozLeBrozover 18 years ago
~~

A different view,

through the soul's eyes of the poet;

not quite my style,

but did manage to yank out a chuckle or two;

you connected

twelveoonetwelveooneover 18 years ago
I am a fan

without toothpicks in my eyes

I love your style, snaches of converstions, things that could be songs, but this one has a tendency to lose and leave the audience out. At times you have a tendency to dance away from the "meaning" that the audience could grasp.

I understood this - I think; doesn't matter. I am a fan.

What I don't understand, is if you don't vote, why did you turn the voting on?

ishtatishtatover 18 years ago
???

Beautifully written and worded but i am not at all certain that I understand it. I read it- eventually as a sort of semi nonsense conversation that I was overhearing. That is supposed to be a compliment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
.

A beautiful read. Convoluted, but very nice.

Tattler

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous