All Comments on 'If the Rock Is Wet, It's Raining'

by magmaman

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
nice, you

have the touch, need i say more.

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Great

A very wondeful love story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I found an author

So much beauty in this story. Please keep writing, finding gems like this is what keeps me coming back to this site. There's a difference between a writer and an author. I found an author in you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
:)

I liked it a lot.. A love poem.. Yoron

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
wonderful writing

I really enjoyed this story. You have a wonderful gift and make the world a better place with your excellent writing.

thanks very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good stuff

You told a very touching well executed story. I wish your level of work didn't vary as much as it does, some of it is very good and worth expanding upon. Perhaps of you were able to find another editor it might improve your overall level and quality of work. Just a suggestion....anon jerry

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
This gem needs polishing

This short-short summation of a life's love, and its inevitable loss, is understandably one of your own favorites. And there is much to admire here, not least the truly wonderful title. Still, it could really be improved. For example: "The grass was soft, there were only rare visitors to the area, few even knew of it that did not live in the valley." This is an obvious run-on sentence -- it should in fact be three separate sentences. There are other such technical points that could and should be cleaned up. Also, I would re-edit with the idea of particularizing the couple's relationship, ruthlessly cutting every generic or false-poetic note. (In a short-short, even more than a regular story, every single detail counts -- for you or against you.) Your underlying story is so strong, I think it would be well worth the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Admirable and in my opinion, what makes it a great read is its short but to the point.

Another feather in your cap!

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Really good ...

This story has excellent descriptions of the locale and manages to touch one's emotions with very few words.

The only drawback I see in it is some capitalization issues that are quite noticeable. But thanks for a well-written story.

If only all marriages could last and endure like theirs.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 12 years ago
The story is wonderful -

The thought, the intent, the attitude - are all the pieces that make the sotry one about a life we could all look back at with pride and love.

Technically - the observation that editing would help is true - it is a good idea dnt here are some very good volunteers on the site - it seems. But choose carefully - avoid getting someone who wants to to be the writer rather than the editor - you have good thoughts and do well with them you do not need the help there.

oldauthoroldauthoralmost 11 years ago
Technicality be damned!

Some stories don't HAVE to be technicaly correct in every aspect and I believe this is a prime example. When I read this story I didn't just READ it, I FELT it. It's the very way a real person might think, might remember, might experience life's joys, happiness, sorrows and finality. It doesn't matter one iota if the writer makes a few grammatical errors as long as the reader can feel the emotions the author intended; can join in the experience; can be transported to the same place and time; can actually SEE what the author sees in a scene. Conrad, Shaw and Hemingway weren't always gramatically correct in their writings, but their works are treasured. I would like to add Magmaman to that list for his ability to make his readers FEEL emotions and experiences.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A SMALL LIFETIME TOGETHER

all the way to the end. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I'm not a rock

and it's not raining,

but it's wet here too.

icebreadicebreadover 8 years ago
Even I cried

oops

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Heart-rending

Thank you, sir, for a beautiful love story. Well told, and emotionally compelling. You made this old man's eyes leak.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
NATURE,,,,AS WILD AND UNPREDICTABLE AS SHE IS

at times she confuses her minions, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Beautiful Tale

Having lost my wife last year and being over 80 myself, I really felt this one.

Yet_Another_UserYet_Another_Userover 5 years ago
Going Gentle Into That Good Night

Lives well lived with family and all else they built together of their sweat and love. A beautiful story of the sadness of parting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
perfect

the exact circumstances would be for very few, the sentiments were true for many. Thank you for my own moment of grief.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yes !!

5 Pointy things and Yes !! says all that needs to be said about this tale.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Great love story.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil4710 months ago

Do not get an editor! Having read many stories where the author has thanked the editor and then struggled to read the story due to the numerous errors. Do not go there, your stories are fine. You will always have nitpickers, most of them can't even write their comments without errors. Thank you for this excellent and really emotional story. Will stop now as I must wipe my eyes, dam dust, hay-fever, or whatever. Mel B known as Hornydevil47.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

If this story doesn't deserve five stars I don't know what does. Such a sad but loving tale. He's lucky they got to spend the time together that they did. Some of us are cheated out of that part of growing old together. Loved the story.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker602 months ago

Sweet, sad and happy in equal dose. Very well done.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar2 months ago

A well earned 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermagmaman@magmaman
2701 Followers
6', 186#, published writer. I have worn many hats. As a young man I was crazy, carefree and making wads of money. Then along came a messed up war and I was cannon fodder. From there I came home even crazier, and survived a 120 MPH crash which got me 15 years in a wheelchair...

SIMILAR Stories

The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
632
The Rehab 
4.91
2.7k
1.1k
Words 
4.61
786
807
In Her Eyes 
4.58
1.3k
729
More Stories