All Comments on 'Lament of a Yellow Girl'

by yui

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
twelveoonetwelveooneover 18 years ago
*

I love your yellow skin, and hope you speak the language too.

On the plus side, no liver spots when you are older, less wrinkles too 'cause pink skin in the sunlight often takes a nose dive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
~

this is gorgeous. I love your descriptions of the women's bodies. I want to write more, my son calls for breakfast. I will try to come back. annaswirls

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Telling It How It Is

Great meaningful poetry. And I'm not easily convinced on poetry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very clever!

A very nice treatment of this well-covered subject. I think you present it well.

Flyguy

sacksackover 18 years ago
well written....

and a pleasure to read something from such a wonderful person!

WFEATHERWFEATHERover 18 years ago
Eloquence on a Touchy Subject

This is a very eloquent approach to a subject many feel too inhibited to approach: racial differences. Well done!!!

VampireKingVampireKingover 18 years ago
An amazing talent

This woman has a real, true gift. If you want to read some of the best fiction on this site, read her stories. There are few writers who can match her.

cloudycloudyover 18 years ago
oh, my...

you and I have talked about this exact subject before...the longing when we were little to be blonde, and pink, and "pretty." You, little sister, are beautiful.

hugo_samhugo_samover 18 years ago
Moving Lament

All of us should spend some time in the other persons skin. Moving and evocative story in short powerfull words. Well done, Yui.

Bill DadaBill Dadaover 18 years ago
~

Very nicely done, who says you are not a poet. I also have a wish ... I wish we didn't live in a world that made you feel this way. But we don't.

ty,bd

maggot420maggot420over 18 years ago
Powerful

Well done, Yui. You evoke such strong feelings. You have a natural gift I think.

sophia janesophia janeover 18 years ago
~

You very much underestimated yourself- an excellent poem, Yui.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
It's So Hard...

...to address this subject without falling into anger. This is a wonderful effort in avoiding that. It avoids the cliches and speaks more directly of a wish to find what another feels. By doing so you can touch everyone, regardless of what it is they would like to change about themselves. And empathy is a great tool in encouraging understanding and avoiding ignorance.

PurePureover 18 years ago
nice work

i like the structure (symmetry) and tone. while the topic is a charged one, the emotion conveyed is more wistful. all of us wonder about 'across the gap' of body shape color and so on, but you articulate it in precise terms.

--pure

logophilelogophileover 18 years ago
Oh Yui!

This is a wonderful work that is plea and declaration at the same time. I love the honesty, the poignancy and the truth behind your words. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

CinnerCinneralmost 12 years ago
Powerful!

Very strong imagery!

KupotekKupotekalmost 11 years ago

Potential, doesn't seem finished, I'd love to see where this can go.

KupotekKupotekover 8 years ago

I absolutely love your poetry, particularly My Love Is A Gate... I first read them years ago, and I've posted them on Facebook as well. Take care, Jonathan :)

curiousoldmancuriousoldmanover 7 years ago
Beautiful

Touching, informative, sad, intelligent, beautiful

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous