All Comments on 'What Now? The Conclusion'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 284 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerover 18 years ago
I like the ending!

I know that I am many times too critical of the stories where the couples that get back together. This one just makes sence. They both where at fault and had both cheated. They do have children together and have to react with each other then anyway. They are not just continuing their marriage. They did divorce and live apart for some time. They are now starting a "new" relationship that maybe different but seems to work for them. Good story JDseller

The ChauffeurThe Chauffeurover 18 years ago
Excellent Conclusion

Thanks for concluding the story. I found it to be touching and realistic. They didn't just jump into each other's arms and pledge their undying love for each other and quickly remarry. They both realized their own faults and took advantage of a second chance. Kudos DG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Idiot

If you bother to learn how to read, you would have read about his affairs on the FIRST CHAPTER of this series.

You better lay off jerking off for a while, because your brain needs adequate blood supply to function properly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice wrap-up to an interesting story.

I agree with your intro that this would wrap it up. I like the part where the characters actually don't know what the hell it is that they want. Just like real life. Keep going as you are doing a great job. Thanks.

Tail End Pete

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
True to life

To DG, This to me is as true to life as it gets. No one really wins in most divorces. We all have to start over. When your in your fifties that can be pretty scary. The old addage is correct. 'You never knew what you really have until you lose it.' Absolutely a great read.

Thanks

An avid reader

Blue88Blue88over 18 years ago
Sweet

I liked it, a nice, sweet ending to a tumultuous breakup. Why are we such suckers for happy endings (lol) Good work, hope more tales will be coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A good final

As I said in my last comment on the "Revisit" I usually don't comment until a story is complete. So far you have gotten three from me but all were worth it. You showed that whether they loved each other or not their long relationship gave them at least "togetherness." Without them together they had the pain of the loss of being together for everything from just talking, to support, and to sex. Part of each of them was gone and I think the pain you show is realistic. I see reconciliation as both feel they need and want each other.

Although there were some grammatical errors I rated this five, as a grammatical error doesn't stop a good story. I do like your writing but this definitely should be the end for this story otherwise I would have to write a fourth comment. I still want more stories from you and thank you for your words.

cageyteecageyteeover 18 years ago
Like Blue88, I'm a sucker for a believeable happy

Like Blue88, I'm a sucker for a believeable happy ending. As always I look forward to your stories and you do not disappoint.

saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Happily ever after

The events and emotions were depicted well. The ending was a little hard to believe though based on how disloyal and dishonest the two characters had been for 20+ years. I do not personally care how any of these stories turn out. I try never to pass judgment on any of them. Reconcile or split up, I don’t really care. In this case the happy ending was not consistent with the just how horrible these two characters have treated each other over the course of their marriage. It is too great a stretch to think that all the years of betrayal by both parties could be forgiven so easily. You have the characters apologizing a few times and passing messages back and forth through the kids and then the accident. The wife gets to play the loving nurse and all is well. It is just too hard to believe that in a family that has gone through what this one is portrayed to have gone through, that no one is mad at anyone.

I will admit that I could be wrong. Perhaps because they were both such miserable people they would be more likely to forgive and forget. Or perhaps good cooking conquers all. I grew up on fish sticks and pot pies and still suffer a steady diet of frozen food. Maybe I am just jealous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
well

AS always well written and presented with characters who are just people. You don't get into the trap some writers do where everyone is a billionaire that owns their own multi-national corporation and has a 900 inch dick or 66GG breasts.

Tell us more of em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"b"

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
this story has a life of it's own

I thought the last chapter was "the end". This one is the final one, but as you said life must go on.

My only complaint is the placing of the quotation marks, when you had someone speaking, was confusing to me, the reader,if they were still talking to someone or to themselves. Kind of like a person on a cell phone with a headset.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Please resist!

In future, please strongly resist any urges you may have to respond to your readers wishes concerning sequels. This chapter was certainly not needed and dramatically revised the characters to force them into actions and attitudes they did not display in earlier episodes.

wetapapwetapapover 18 years ago
It all

fit together, liar and liar, cheater and cheater, idiot and idiot, lost and lost, lonely and lonely, heartbroken and heartbroken, man and woman, husband and wife, parents and kids, grandparents and grandkids, and last but not least, a good cook and a very appreciative diner. Actually there were no others in the story that could have fit together to make a happy ending, considering their age plus their life together, even with all the bad, there was some good. Great job, great delivery, I’ll be reading this one again. A fan always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I see nothing wrong with

people controlling their own lives!. Yeah, there were problems, but being lonely is hell! I liked the way you pulled it together, showing that in spite of their problems they still had a strong family. The quotes were a litle confusing, but the story was well told!

beetle_221beetle_221over 18 years ago
Er... I liked it

Tanks fo the last chaper. We are ll human beans. We make mistakes and live with the consequences. Forgiveness IS a part of our make-up, whether others believe it or not. I think this story would have worked without the 'dozens' of affairs on the part of the narator.

Thanks for your good work. Please keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
you write so well and real down to earth

another home run in my book.i'm baise i'm one of your fans.keep writing you're one of the reason i read stories on this site.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Good wrap up, DG

Believable characters and actions. Logical conclusion. Good work.

gizzmo301gizzmo301over 18 years ago
well done

A very nice ending to the story. thanks for writting it

SalamisSalamisover 18 years ago
Loved it...but

I enjoyed your ‘conclusion’ immensely, probably because of the feelings it invoked more than the technical construction. You had a theme and you developed it very well. However, I do have a few concerns about your writing since I know you are focused on improving it.

First, fire your editor and learn when and how, to properly use quotation marks. I stopped counting the quotation problems after five. They diverted my attention from the story. Characters are speaking then narrative appears but the speakers still are speaking. That should not happen.

Second, you probably needed a lead in narrative to provide an overview of the story to date. The one you wrote was much too long and somewhat distracting. I think readers of multiple part stories have some obligation to read the preceding chapters if they want a full understanding of the story. Therefore, a lead in summary, if used, should be very short.

Third, I really applaud the way you expressed the environment and mindset of a long-term married couple. I think the dynamic of a couple who have been married thirty years is very different then those of newlyweds or couples with less than a decade of togetherness. You expressed that interchange well in this chapter. I wish you had given greater detail to that aspect in the previous ones.

I was skeptical when I started reading this chapter because I thought that the last one really concluded the story. Nevertheless, you surprised me with a conclusion that even with its problems, was very well done. I am looking forward to your next work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
several problems

This used the concept that, even if it wasn't enduring love, there was no one else for him. He might have had interest in someone else even if it didn't work out. The concept that she's all there is between him and eternal loneliness just isn't realistic.

If I recall, and I'm not going back, his affairs came after she pretty much shut off to him. He had given up on having much of a marriage with her so it was an outlet. I'm not saying that's laudable, but it was a coping mechanism, not simpmly a selfish decision to betray her. So I don't see his affairs as in the same light of seriousness as her basically staying with him because she couldn't have the guy she wanted.

That he was deciding there could not be anyone else for him, and that she was very important to him as a result, really detracted from the story, in my opinion. It would have been much stronger for him to have seen how she reacted to the accident, staying round the clock, willing to take care of him, and had second thoughts about the way he viewed her. By the time of the accident, he was already interested in pursuing some kind of relationship with her even without any knowledge of whether she gave a damn. To try to build that relationship with somebody who doesn't care for you, as those years of marriage showed, is a self-defeating project. Maybe she has had a change on her own as a result of all of this, but he doesn't know that when he decides he wants her. It would be a much stronger story line if he wanted her because of something he saw in her rather than because he has no other options.

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

I had a number of readers who wanted to know what a family goes through and how they go on with there lives. I tried my best to show that life isn't always a bed of roses. That real people have to live with their decisions. Lonelyness is a big part of life after divorce. I'm sorry about the Quotations marks, my fault.

I understand not every story is for everyone. That's why I try to make it interesting for the readers who like mine. Thanks again for reading my story. By the way, this story is concluded.

DG Hear

jaggers0053jaggers0053over 18 years ago
ok,but

i tend to agree with 'Anonymous in Boston Bean'. how did this wife all of a sudden become a sort of martyr type? this is the woman who cheated for 28yrs and happily had another mans children, or at least thought she had. was not even kind enough to tell her husband to his face that she was leaving him. the fact that things didn't work out the way she thought they would doesn't change what kind of dispicable charactor she is.

the husband is hardly a likeable charactor himself. he admits to cheating,and seems very self centered.not very warm.he too you try to recast,from cold and vengeful,to lonely and cuddly.

you did a masterful job of pulling them back together. i'm all for happy ending and new beginnings,etc. but i think this story went too far. i thought your story was a better story without this last chapter.

thanks for your effort and will be looking forward to more stories from you!

don

Average-JoeAverage-Joeover 18 years ago
I thought it was good

Im not a big fan of lovey-dovey reconciliations when the cheater is an unlikable person. I liked this one though since it seemed sort of realistic. The couple didnt have deep feelings for each other so that makes it easier to forgive and forget than if one was truely in love and deeply hurt by the other.

Not every marriage is like a story book so writing a story about two people who decide to get together for comfort and companionship, rather than out of deep true-love type feelings, is a nice change. Of course the wife is only with the guy because her plans fell through but I think they both realize that. He is with her because he wants something from her as well so it works out ok for both. Maybe not romantic but about as happy an ending as could be expected given the characters the author created.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good Ending

Companionship, compatability and communucation are very important to a good relationship. Certainly, as much as sex. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
good ending

dg, this is a very good ending. since you indulged others, psl give me a gazillion dollars.. my account number is 123458-57392-1633. it would be most unfair not to humor my request

MinigalesMinigalesover 18 years ago
Divorce Should Be Outlawed ...

if spouses can reconciliate after this.

Although I only skimmed through it, I was not the first to know that the characters have nothing to do with the original characters.

The readers should not get what they want if it does not make sense.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
The warmth, want, and need of the familiar

That is what George and Dorothy are both experiencing. They each recognise that they both have screwed up royally and hurt not only their mate but themselves. They are like a team of plow horses who've pulled at the traces in tandum for many, many years. When they were put out to pasture (read divorce), just like that team of horses, they will walk across the pasture side by side in tandum because it is familiar and they need to. It may not be love but the need and want for the familiar are there for the both of them.

RandallRRandallRover 18 years ago
Sincerely...........Thank you

Thanks for this empathetic and sensitively treated conclusion. Just a nice epiplogue of an all too common everyday circumstance of divorce in a poorly maintained marriage. A good portrayal of a couple with strong family connections reconnecting after both of their actions had caused a marriage to fail. Well done in that you managed to bring it together with both characters retaining their dignity and recognising their part in the failure.

My score only reflects a lack of pussy pounding!

Looking forward to more fine work from you, All the very best!!

DG HearDG Hearover 18 years agoAuthor
After the divorce

I wrote this story for the people who read my stories. They know that life goes on, but I gave them a glimpse what what happens in some families. Not everyone reacts the same. But George and Dorothy had faults. They were also two lonely people who loved their family. They were doing their best to go on with their lives. I applaud them for that.

DG Hear

FireFox59FireFox59over 18 years ago
True To Life

Good job DG! Your conclusion was true to life. Both screwed up but in the end it's really family that counts. Neither apparently undersood that until to last reunion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I liked

the ending. It's nice to see a couple try.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Happy endings

God!!!! I love happy endings.....

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
For the Fairy tale ending - how low can we go?

The blindfold - backward- triple- flip- flop - really final – ending of the story maneuver did not work. No real surprises here. You gave me (and other “realists”) what we like in the “Concluded” follow up, and you gave the “fairy - tailers” what they like here. What I call the Flip flop maneuver – symbolizes the ever increasing difficult corner that talented writers corner their poor ex-couples, and from which they order them to make the “death maneuver” to their reunification. We close our eyes, breath in deeply and hope against hope, like in the circus, that they will defy the law of gravity and will not crash. Ok, if they did not, it was due to invisible cables that kept them in the air - and to the safety, and every one is happy for the ticket that was paid. I am most intrigued by some of the readers who actually call this last ending realistic. Go figure, people’s sensibilities.

Another ‘downer’ in this “finale”: The reasoning for re uniting goes so low and or so cliché (the ‘good home cooking’ or ‘the nurse and the patient’ – please…).

In actuality, reality is more bizarre than our imagination. Beyond the horizons of most peoples’ common experiences and sensibilities, one could always dig and find the bizarre, the rare and the unbelievable – only it did happen some where (go to the middle pages of your local paper). So who am I to claim incredibility, if ending emotional cruelty, plus alienation of love, and life long of lying and eventual public humiliation is traded for chicken and potatoes and future life with a constant reminder of terrible memories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
movie stuff

Hollywood should buy this story from you and make it into a movie. Of course the sex staff would have to be dampen a little bit (not too much). The end scene would be the come back again couple making love in the sunset.

Wonderful love(sex) story.

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Intriguing--And Only Natural

This story does not belong on Literotica. Instead some Producer needs to take it and make it into a movie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
What now? How about another story great job

You had me involved in every chapter. I really enjoyed it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
thanks

Great story,Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
excellant

Great story, I used a box of kleenex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great story

This was a really good story. The sequel and the conclusion really were the icing on the cake. It's good to be able to readjust our thinking when we are sober (had some time for reflection) and live our lives as we were meant to. Our egos are our biggest obtacle.

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
A Tale Well Woven

Finally a happy ending that makes sense! It was a joy to read.

On the negative side, I really don’t have any comments. Your writing style is enjoyable and easy to read. Your characters are real people, acting and reacting, as real people should. The emotions of anger, loss and melancholy AND the reasoning that evoked these emotions were spot on.

This is not only one of your better stories; it is one of the best stories on the site. Thank you very much for sharing.

grizbearmtgrizbearmtover 17 years ago
Just Some Thoughts

After reading some of the other comments, I don’t think Kilgore is absolutely wrong in his expressed emotions, but I do feel that he needs to realize that his comments only fit into a situation where there had been a strong emotional love between the two main figures, or at least felt so by one of the two… to begin with.

This was not the case in this story. There had never been a deep emotional tie between the two. He had admitted to having had one-night-stands all through the marriage. Theirs was a marriage of convenience and comfort.

The respect for him (the most important element in love and marriage) had been destroyed within her in her emotional love affair, the act of cheating and her feelings that the children were not his.

His respect for her had been destroyed by his affairs, and the fact of his knowledge of her affair and the doubts of his children actually being his or not.

YET

They returned to each other because of the very fact that the emotional damage (because of the limited depth to their love to begin with) had not been that great.

The new found respect for each other, in hers & his ways of managing family affairs, her cooking, and him being a solid stable worker and businessman, was what brought them back together. It was a value greater to them, than any other higher and deeper emotional love.

They reunited as an older couple would for security and convenience. Their level of love (as an older couple) cannot be placed and judged with that of a younger couple. That would be like comparing apples to oranges.

The melancholy of the story is not to be found in the fact of the 28 year long affair and the damages it did, but rather in the fact that neither of the two was ever able to reach an emotional love, to another person, to any greater extent or depth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Inconsistent...

In the earlier parts the wife questions that she doubted she ever loved him. What changed? Sorry this was an unnecessary and frankly poorly plotted epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Quite Romantic

Thank you for the conclusion, it brought a smile to my face. Like a pair of old slippers they complimented each other, and what is funny is that neither never knew how intimately their lives functioned together like a well oiled machine until it was over. I really loved this story. Yes, I can see them ending up together, especially at their age. Both loved their children, both had raised them well and both supported each other now - before they had been "cheap" with their feelings for each other, but now...oh yeah, this story is VERY romantic.

spiderman1spiderman1about 17 years ago
good story

I usually want to see the bitch burn in hell. This time, I'm not so sure. I know that I would not marry The silly bitch again.

NucleusNucleusover 16 years ago
I know for a long time ...

... why I love your stories. Thank you very much for always good writing and entertainment.

<p>Sincere regards</p>

<b>Nucleus</b>

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
True LifeYour

Your story the frist three chapters sounds just like

my life.I was Married for 33 years.How ever there will

be no starting over again.She killed our Marrage with

her there can be no going back.

thank for your great story.

Dan

silverfoxrch@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Usual fine writing

I always enjoy your writing and this story follows your usual pattern of excellance. I did get a little tired of his total preoccupation with her cooking skills. After 33 years of marriage, a bitter divorce and the discovery that wife had cheated on him for most of their marriage, you would think he could think of something else beside her culinary skills to attract him back to her.

60 year old George

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Stupid WIMP!

I hate sad endings. This pathetic wimp ending is as sad as you can get.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Deus ex machina

I am a big fan of reconciliation but this was not plausible. I just can't buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Poor Plotting???

I dont think so. When you are feeling rejected and lonily the rest can indeed get clouded. This couple discovered that they made a life together over 30 years. Then found out what they had after they missed it. Growing up a little late! I don't really like the mushy endings, but in this setting I thought it was fitting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Well Done....

Having gone through the dissolution of a 20 year marriage (sans adultery), my hat's off to you for the accuracy of Georges reactions. The only 'nit' I have, is Georges 'talking' to the perps harrasing his Ex. Personally, I'd have beat them both within an inch of their lives. No one messes with my best freind and lives to tell about it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
WTF

Hard to believe that whilst the male could have affairs with out any fall out, his wife was not allowed to seek ex-marital adventures

northlandernorthlanderover 15 years ago
Another good tale

DG

A good ending. He was no plaster saint, and in quantity of cheating was far worse than her. He struck me as a typical guy thinking more with his little head than his big head who when confronted with his wifes occasional infidelity, totally lost his cool, until he finally sat down and thought it out confonting his own failings. A good story with some nice twists

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 15 years ago
Whart was I thinking???

On a second read - I see it differently (and appologize for the unnecessarily harsh language -regardless). I guess I was in a particularly cramky mood...

In fact it seems to me now that you have built the case of their reconciliation very carefully and reseanably - both sides kept a mental wall over each other both were not commited to each other and lost the marriage. Upon loosing each other they realized that what they took for granted was actually very meaningfull and as they both felt -there was much un realized potential even to a long standing marriage - agood lesson to all of the married readers.

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 15 years ago
Makes no sense.

I am giving a 50 for this story because it is well written. You ruined it by having them get back together. How could he consider taking her back after all the cheating she did on him? She believed and wanted the children to be her lover's. What kind of a man would accept that type of disrespect and loathing? They should have moved on with other people in their lives. Sure they could be friends, after all they do have the children, but they shouldn't go beyond that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
come on

Come on please she had according to her three kids from another man and is seen as a great mom.He ran around on her and was seen as a great dad and role model. Some thing is wrong with this authors morals and by the way the youngest was 18 the oldest in their late 20's not kids. So come on you took a good story line and made it stink.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
So instead of killing the manipulative slut he

moves in with her. Just what everyone needs to do, when someone ruins your life, move in with them.

Simple49erSimple49erabout 15 years ago
I suppose it is possible.

Two selfish people divorce, realize their own frailties, mature - about time - and begin to see each other: in a new light and by dating as if it was all new. A new chance at happiness. The real time apart and the time to go over their mutual mistakes. In a way they were both pretty despicable people during their married life. But if they really could over it, then why not. Maybe just dating for the longest time and being friends with benefits might be good too. Who knows. There is enough of a case for reconcilliation in this particular instance

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 15 years ago
A very realistic story

My wife and I divorced after twenty-five years and four wonderful children. In this case, my fault was mine, classic mid-life behavior. There were other contributing factors, but they were relatively minor. We never got to the screaming point or trying to have the kids take sides. We did divorce and each wound up remarrying. Today, we are good friends and wind up going to our grandkids birthdays, etc. with our new spouses, but we are genuinely happy to see each other. Is the situation portrayer here understandable? From the perspective of a very unperfect person - absolutely! I would encourage those who try to see things in black and white to back off. Revenge hurts only the person seeking it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
SLut?

She's no more of a slut than he is; they deserve each other!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
.....Outstanding....

......I felt like i was there ...very well written thank you so much for the enjoyment of your story...

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 14 years ago
28 years?

I think I read that she cheated on him for more than two decades. I don't understand how he could stand the sight of his ex wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Loved It

DG dont listen to the negative comments. This story made smile and cry.

More power.

hawkeye007hawkeye007over 14 years ago
I don't think so

The story is well written, but I can't buy the conclusion. This man's tolerance for humiliation is beyond my imagination. He has no self respect.

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
More Creampie Please?

I understand the pathetic wimp wanting to keep the slut around as a fuck buddy, but he needs to be nicer to George and Paul to keep her full of cum so he can have his cream pie. The fact that he was such a needy little non-man his slut wife had no problems cheating on him for twenty odd years, and she knew he would come crawling back sooner or later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

I guess the previous two comments have been made by raving mad hipocrates ...

so just turn a blind eye,

sometimes, redemption is all about living you life, like you should...

Seems to me like it hasn't been edited much, but it carried the jest, albiet in a subdued manner which isn't typical in all your stories.

katibkatibalmost 14 years ago
Great, but...

DG: You are one of my favorite authors. You tell a good story, but there is one persistent flaw that is found in all your work.

Look at these quotes (two out of several hundred) and see what I saw and everyone else has seen.

"I waited till Monday and went to the bar that I knew Joe might be in. I seen him sitting on a bar stool and walked up to him. He looked very nervous when he seen me."

"She seen me open my eyes and asked if I was alright"?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Bad Spelling

as usual. You really ought to get out in the real world and read more.

Read magazines, books, whatever you can get your hands on.

Stop watching TV!

With words spelled this way, you easily appear to be an ignorant writer:

"I seen him"

"I starred at him"

There are more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Bad ending!

Should have left the last chapter as the end. Wife did'nt know if she loved him...FUCK HER. What a joke.

size14shoesize14shoeover 13 years ago
Unbelievable

How the shit-for-brains, kick-her-cheating-ass-to-the-curb crowd can overlook George's cheating with sluts he picks up at bars while crucifying Dorothy is a mystery to me. Not only this story but countless others as well.

`

To the assholes who commented on the 'poor english' consider that George did not go to college and likely used poor English. The author was writing in the style of the characters. And so what if George did? There is currently a very popular story in Lit (WWWM) and the college educated professionals both could take lessons on being decent people to each other from these 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Here we go again - the friggin idiot "size 14 no IQ" is attempting to make another slut into a saint!

Shoe - you are completely so delusional & moronic that it is scary that jackasses like you even exist. Obviously you are ass-backwards on your pathetic attempts at justification on the slut in this story as much as you are on DSQ's slut wife portrayal. Harry's correct - you must be mentally retarded because your logic is so screwed up. Normally, we would tell you to get some help, but don't bother because you aren't worth it and any amount of euros spent would be a complete waste of currency.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
not a great story but easy to see where you're coming from

I think it had the makings of a good story but you wanted to reconcile so you deliberately put these extra mumbo-jumbo in, like the ex-husband cheated, Paul cheated, Dixie cheated, etc. etc. It really wasn't your best story (and I do like some of your writing, like the Dreamscape story). A bit more structure would be better in preference to surprise revelations near the end to get the ending that you want to have. Still, thanks for the read!

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAabout 13 years ago
It was nice.

I enjoyed the whole series. You can tell a good story! There was enough pain and redemption to believe that they could have found each other again. Thanks for sharing!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Reconciliations sound nice but..........

This woman cheated on him for 28 years and by her own admission planned and believed her lover was the father of her children. Geez Louise!

I could see fucking her and enjoying her skills as a homemaker, but damn, how could he ever trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Good Read

Good, enjoyable read, very well written and in keeping with your usual high standard of writing.

movermoveralmost 13 years ago
The Only One??

I enjoyed your story, as I have the other ones you have written. Sometimes it seems that I am the only one who reads these for entertainment. Good Grief, these are stories, not autobiographies! Get a life!!

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
Heartfelt and Honest

Extremely well written as usual

harbormaster1harbormaster1almost 13 years ago
another chance

some things in life are all about seeing through the fog.....it's so easy to throw things away....years later when you think about it was it worth it?.....how many long term relationships could have been saved...pride and ego cuts deep

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
Plot

I liked the story as a premise quite a bit. It had heart. It had revenge. It had realistic characters, with both being human and making mistakes. It had a husband who didn't worship the ground his wife walked on but she cheated on him anyway. It had a flesh and blood imperfect husband

The wife was no prize...but people are like that sometimes. Because of the nature of the genre, we gloss over the time she made a dinner for 15 of mostly his friends. Or how she spent nights helping him with his accounts. Or folding his laundry for a hell of a lot more hours then he ever slept around on her.

You ruined her reputation in the first three chapters...and then made her a tragic figure in the fourth and redeemed her in the fifth. I got all misty

So as a plot and a set of characters, yes. I liked the work

This is the good side of the review

FD45FD45almost 13 years ago
The other stuff

GET A FRIGGING EDITOR!

Learn how to use quotes. Tacking 'also' at the end of a sentence does not always work. The sentences were stilted.

I am hoping this was an early effort. You are lucky the plot is good because I wouldn't wade through this slop if it wasn't

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Thank you for another good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thank you

wow it had everything in it thanks and keep up the good work.

bartolobartoloover 12 years ago
One of the best stories I've read in Loving Wives

D.G. Hear is a natural writer of Loving Couples Stories. His stories often take place in the Midwest centered at or around Ohio: mainly rural Midwest where family values represent a impor5ant aspect of life. D.G. has been particularly prolific between 2004 and 2008. In addition to this story, he has composed a significant number of other top rated stories that are valuable even for excellent re-reads after years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Good Read

A few typos but a very good read otherwise. I look forward to reading more of your work. thanks......... Sam

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
FD45 spot on

This was a great story! The concept and story line were good.

However, while I know you've used an editor before I didn't see you mention at the beginning of this story that you had utililized one this time. You need to think of using one all the time. The mechanics of this chapter were difficult to get through at times. Some quotation marks were misused. There was at least once where you had Joe and Dorothy as a married couple, in the same paragraph that you had George and Dorothy as a couple.

Please keep writing. I enjoy your creativity, imagination and passion.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHEN ONE ASKS FOR A 2ND CHANCE

its a likely-hood they are not deserving of. TK U MLJ LV NV

saratusaratuover 12 years ago
Your stories always seem to be,,,,,,

great reading no matter how long or how short. A great read and very enjoyable.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
never go back to a fucking cheating slut

just let her go i dont care how good she cooks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WTF

You turned George into a wimp...why? What a waste of a good story.

karan9876karan9876about 12 years ago
WIMP????????? WTF????

The author turned him into a wimp. That is so sad for all the real men out here. She cheated for many years and she gets a happy ending? Is the author indirectly saying that if your wife cheats on you for many years it's ok, you forgive her in the end and take her back? Why are there so many wimp stories in this category? My theory is that these stories could well be posted by women who pretend to be men. No real man can tolerate this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Real men out here?

If you mean real cucks out here then fire away but don't talk about shit you obviously don't know shit about. There were no real men to begin with in this poorly written, convoluted and contrived story. 3 stars is generous with so many blatant editing errors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wtf ???

you fucked up I fucket up...WTF why not.....bill

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 12 years ago
What? No fucking way

The husband gave up his pride for a fucking pot roast dinner? His bitch of a wife cheated on him for 28 years and he would consider marrying her again? How could he put his dick in that cheating bitch? Why are the scores for this story as high as they are? Many good stories get mediocre or low scores and shit like this gets rewared. Go figure... I won't read anymore stories by this author. The fucking cucks must have found a way to vote twice! 0 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hawkeye0007 is exactly right. Compared to mommie's 'hot pot'

eh hawkeye...nothing tastes as good as mom's.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
"hawkeye0007" is not exactly right

It is "cuckeye0007" in case you haven't heard...

ValerionValerionover 11 years ago
Ehh...what can I say? I liked it.

I don't normally enjoy it when the guy takes the cheating wife back but in this case, he cheated too, so I don't feel like it lacks symmetry. Don't listen to the haters, it was good enough for 4 stars to me.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
excellent

as long as he doesn't marry the cheating fucking whore he should at least get the fucking paul was getting for TWENTY EIGHT FUCKING YEARS!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago
ignore that last comment

it was for the other story. sorry.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 11 years ago
You Spend a Lifetime Building a Life with Someone You Love

To have companionship later in life. Hey. I get it. He's too old to start over and still expect a relationship that reflects a lifetime of effort. Can't begrudge the guy wanting to have a partner for his golden years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please

Please please get a proofreader. With this many grammar and spelling errors, I get distracted from what otherwise is an excellent story. I have no beef with the reconciliation. They both cheated. She was cold-hearted at a higher level than he was. They deserve each other.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5700 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

What Now Series Info