All Comments on 'A Strange Light'

by dreampilot79

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Bittersweet

and haunting. Ronnie W.

impressiveimpressiveover 18 years ago
Nice job, DP!

I'm 5-bombing you based on the pre-post version I so totally neglected to PM you about. (Sorry!) I really enjoyed it. Good luck & Happy Holidays! ~ Imp

Honey123Honey123over 18 years ago
Once again

this story gave me chills. I really liked the story, even though the ending made me sad. I am sorry about giving you a 5, I know you want to lose... LOL :D

~Honey

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
i believe a sequel is in order

Wonderful job of getting love to shine through. A happy sadness...

sacksackover 18 years ago
I like the simple beauty of this.....

As someone who frequently writes sad endings, I can't complain about that! Good luck!

Extreme BohunkExtreme Bohunkover 18 years ago
You get a 5 and like it!

Cool story Dream!

DoctorWyldcardDoctorWyldcardover 18 years ago
oh man....

I jsut read one tale that got me all happy and now I read this.

I'm conflicted, part of me is like 'ah sweet' the rest wants to cry.

Thank you none the less.

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Didn't expect that ending

And it added a fillip of pain that made the rest of the story more poignant.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Now now DP...

... How do you expect to get oodles of bad comments with a story like this?

*smiles*

Good luck or should I say better luck this time around.

Always, E

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
sequel?

that was amazing! will there be a sequel?? or maybe a story with Pete Johnson??

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I usually like all your

stories and maybe I should just keep my mouth shut on this one, but it didn't make sense to me. If anyone knows anything about driving in bad weather, going into ditches in snow storms, they know they have to keep the exhaust cleared. Among other things. I can't see the happy, lighthearted feeling of being stuck in a ditch in the middle of a blizzard. Mostly that would inspire fear and disgust in me, not the idea of hopping in the back seat for a little pre Christmas nookie. I didn't vote because I don't like knocking people's ratings down...but I wish you luck in the contest.

My Erotic TaleMy Erotic Taleover 18 years ago
suicidal snowflakes

I am still wrapped in visions of suicidal snowflakes <grin> the ending was sad then uplifting a true love to death tale <very nicely spun>

Merry Christmas and Good Luck (~_~)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Technically incorrect

If the engine was still running the snow in the exhaust would be melted from the heat of the exhaust-Carbon monoxide would not happen.

If the snow still blocked the exhaust the engine would have stopped.

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
technical shmenical!

This was a fantastic idea, I really liked it!

As for this: "If the snow still blocked the exhaust the engine would have stopped."

Yeah, but they were kind of BUSY getting... well, busy! :) Who had time to notice?? It suspended *my* disbelief... and it was really very well written!

Good luck, DP!

MichelleLovesToMichelleLovesToover 18 years ago
I Get This!

I know someone else wrote they didn't see how people would just jump in the backseat for nookie in this situation: I do.

My husband I go driving and look at Christmas lights every year. We take eggnogs, and cookies, and blankets. While we've never hopped in the backseat under those circumstances, it's a very peaceful, romantic feeling to see the ocean of white and the glow of lights. There's a country music song about *living in a moment you would die for.* I think that's what the story is about.

Black TulipBlack Tulipover 18 years ago
Not sad

at all even though the end is unexpected.

This story leaves me happy instead of sad, because you did a great job in telling a true love story.

Good luck.

Black Tulip

AliyahlovinsexAliyahlovinsexover 18 years ago
Aww

No complaints from me :) The ending was totally unexpected, I think it made it even better. I think if I were trapped in a car with someone I loved I would do the exact same thing, just to keep warm.

5 stars from me :D

Good luck and Happy Holidays.

Ali

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a really nice twist

The ending of the story results in it transcending most of the sex-in-a-car stories.

And the technical part--don't get too sure--strange things happen with carbon monoxide.

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Good story, DP

And to think I wanted you to have her get out and start shoveling snow while he stayed in the car and listened to a bowl game on the radio. :)

Rumple

windwriterwindwriterover 18 years ago
true love...

...is evident in your writing. I admit I would have liked to have seen the snow plow driver join them for a 3some rather than having them die, but the depth of the ending was unexpected and very intense. Good luck in the contest.

~wind

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
A change...

From some of your work. I'm not sure I would be thinking of sex in that position (no pun intended) but it's nice to fantasize. Good luck!

Cookie :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Odd.

but good. No way to classify it or make sense of it. Just a good story. Good Luck.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Beautiful Yet Sad

Your story was lovely, DP. However, the ending saddened me very much, making me wonder if it was necessary for them to die. All that aside, I liked it a lot.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
A sweet story

but sad. Even so, if you gotta go, that would be the way to go. I don't see how you can do a sequel since the main characters are dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Heartbreaking

I found I cared very much about the characters and was quite saddened (although unsurprised) by the ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous