All Comments on 'The Literotica Top 100'

by sack

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Great jumping off point!

This is a great discussion-starter. I agree with many of the selections on this list, but there are several oversights that I just can't ignore. (I know this is all opinion, but no one likes a good argument better than me.)

I am struck by the absence of any story by Cat5, who is IMHO, the best romance writer on Literotica. I would have included "One Little White Lie" and maybe "Sales Team"

The rpsuch story "Revenge of the Nerd" is outstanding - I couldn't leave it off the top list.

"Ex-Rated Wedding" by be0wulf is long, yes, but it is so well written, so funny, and has the best punchline on the site. Certainly a top-100 selection.

"Mental Telepathy" and "The Sybian Introduction" by Just John1 both are wonderful stroke stories. Hot, hot, hot!

And any Literotica favorites list MUST have a Harddaysknight story. It's an absolute requirement.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
And what's more!

Just off the top of my head, I'd throw in several more stories into the mix for discussion:

There is a new story by Cloacas: "The Prenuptual Agreement" that is beyond extremely well written. When Dynamite Jack's "The Bell Ringer" is finished being posted, it will generate sentiment for a top 100 list of American Short Stories.

And while we are at it, The Wanderer should be getting some attention as well.

I know there are other deserving authors and stories I haven't mentioned.

But Sack's list is a very good starting point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
E for effort

Thanks

Looks like a handy guide book. First thing that jumped out at me was no Spacer X?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thanks Sack

Nice to know a newbie like me can make the grade.

drksideofthemoondrksideofthemoonover 18 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for including me on your list. I am simply amazed at how the Montana Summer series has been received.

Brian

LadyCibelleLadyCibelleover 18 years ago
Wow

Thanks Dave,

Who would have thought I'd one day be included in a group of writer as awesome as Cloudy, Abstruse, Impressive, Jtmalone70, Patricia51 and plenty more, I can't name them all.

You've made my day!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
You kiss ass!

Anyone else you want to suck up to? The day putting a top 10 or 100 list up on here counts as anything erotic is a sad day indeed. The 'dumbing down' of this site continues apace.

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
Thanks ...

I'm honored to be on your list. I can think of a few myself but God forbid I post them. Wouldn't want to be called a kiss ass. *wink*

Cookie :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
you can do better

Very nice but useless

Can't find a story by title - where are the URLs?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
maybe

Seems like a little bias here. Not very objective and a too much personal preference. It may be your top list but it is not "the top list". Sorry.

H20waderH20waderover 18 years ago
Where the hell

is Argee

the wanderer

the troubador

K.K.

Harddaysknight

Longhorn_07

Xbishop

Charley_ace

DGhear

and 10 more i could name

whtt you could not think of anything esle to write for 102 rather than this?

oh what the hell am i doing? who caes except for those you mentioned? every one need a pat on the back now and then

H20waderH20waderover 18 years ago
me again

how about the 100 worst??? i will take the number one spot now finish it off IF YOU DARE!!!!!!!

sacksackover 18 years agoAuthor
Author comment

To try to address some questions here...you don't need the URL's. I took great pains to list the category for every story. All you have to do is click on the category and the story will be listed in alphabetical order. Of course there are 1,000's of excellent Literotica authors. I tried to be as objective as possible, listing many different categories, even ones I don't read that often. Everyone's list would be different, and there really is no single measure on lit. of a particular story's importance. The top lists are intrinsically flawed...who knows if the entries have been one bombed, or really mean that person has a lot of friends that blindly vote "5" on everything, or perhaps the story was listed near the top of the page, or whatever...As to "kissing ass". Most of these authors I've had no contact with whatsooever, a few I have seen in the Author's Hangout, and in one or two cases I have emailed them to discuss a story. These are not necessarily my closest friends on lit., just the stories that have moved me the most. And I guess a little subjectivity will always creep in there. If you discover a story you had missed in the shuffle by viewing this list, than I will be very pleased......

Sack

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for sharing your preferences with us. There are many of these I haven't read and I appreciate you listing them for us. Now to go read...

the Troubadorthe Troubadorover 18 years ago
Thanks Sack

and, ease up people.

A list such as this can only be personal. For one thing, as Sack freely admits he isn't a fan of many categories so he is hardly an authority on them. On the other hand, he is astute and has given us a list of stories to wander through and check for keepers.

As for lists, scores and what all... I have long admitted I pay very little attention to numerical scores. While I DO read all comments to me either public or personal with care. And try always to answer any sent directly to me.

On another site several years ago the author was shown a week by week list of the scores of a story; so many 1's this many 2's and so on. It showed me immediately that readers with violent biases automatically voted 1's no matter the quality of the story. I would see one of my stories with a solid line of 9's and 10's, then a whole passel of 1's from those who insist on the cheating spouse being flayed alive. I felt no compunction in ignoring such votint. People with such biases, including me, should NEVER vote on a story when they hold such a bias. There are several categories I never read, should I skim through such a story then vote 1? Of course not.

Sack, thanks for the list. I will run through it and enjoy. I've already seen several that look interesting.

Doug

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you!

Thanks for including my name although I'm Jessy19 not jessy18 lol

Extreme BohunkExtreme Bohunkover 18 years ago
Props! woo-hoo!

Hey Sack,

Great idea, thanks for including my wretched little entry in the list. Your comments on stories are always very good mini-reviews, and unbiased. Basically you tell it like it is.

Charles PetersunnCharles Petersunnover 18 years ago
An excellent service

Of course it's subjective! It's a person's personal offering. Nothing more is implied than that. What I particularly enjoy is that you took the time to provide such a list. I am continually amazed at how I often I discover stories and authors in this site that I find to be tremendous, yet they were not among the top 50 of the objective ranking (which is also, certainly, an excellent indicator of quality). I have used this list by Sack to discover even more delights, as I value the opinions, tastes, and preferences of this author.

Would I say this if he didn't even place me anywhere in the top 100? Good question. I hope and believe I would, once I explored his top 100 and discovered many unknown gems.

On the other side, I would discourage a list of the worst 100. This would be fine if everyone appreciated it was a joke, but obviously it wouldn't be and it might serve primarily as a means of hurting peoples feelings.

In any case, sorry for the length of this comment...

Charles

bearleebearleeover 18 years ago
Interesting

Lots of good authors and stories could easily be added-but thanks for the mention.

dixiebullfrog7dixiebullfrog7almost 17 years ago
Great Road Map.....

to find top authors writing within all the genres. I have discovered Penelope Street's tales of lesbian sex and erotic horror only due to Sack's efforts with the Top 100. Now I'll continue to explore the authors as well as find the Top 10 list mentioned in his article.

As for the complainers, you give them a million bucks, and they whine, "Why not two?" Read stories for what they are; not for what you think they should be.

Dixiebullfrog

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Good Job

it never easy to make that list , you have done a marvellous job, keep the spirit up dude

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
bleh

ow wow make a list of all the storys here that are boring walls of text with no sex.

You have no taste

WerewolfatNightWerewolfatNightover 15 years ago
Very Useful!

This had to take an enormous amount of time- thanks for making the effort. I'll try and check these out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Always interesting to compare,

I recently read ShiggyMotos Ashley stories for the second time and was prompted to include them in my own top 5 being relieved that my memory had been correct as to their quality. I found many stories I recognised on your list, some missing that I expected to see but thats what is so interesting. For the record my other favourites were by Elianna, Professor Panty, Singularity, and 800lb Gorilla. I also thought that Till Dawn was a fine story. Thanks to all of the authors whose stories I have enjoyed this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
hyperlink pl

pointless without the link

MagicFingersMagicFingersabout 8 years ago
Lacking helpful content

It would be helpful to include the author's descriptions of their stories so that we know what THEY wanted US to see. And it would help to have a link to each story. Many of us give up and don't take the time to search, but we are interested in reading good stories. Did you select them per their rankings or your own personal choice?Thanks.

Oldguy45Oldguy45over 7 years ago
Envious

I'm going to start reading these. I'm a little jealous. I wish I could have made the list.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

MagicFingersabout 5 years ago

Lacking helpful content

It would be helpful to include the author's descriptions of their stories so that we know what THEY wanted US to see. And it would help to have a link to each story. Many of us give up and don't take the time to search, but we are interested in reading good stories. Did you select them per their rankings or your own personal choice?Thanks.""""""" AMEN, The links would have been great to have!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous