All Comments on 'Snow and the River'

by dr_mabeuse

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
MINKXMINKXover 18 years ago
Oh my God...

Ok, idiot way to start out a public comment...but popped in to Lit to read like two minutes after I woke up, before I have to bolt out the door, so the world's a lil surreal for me here, but that's basically what I was saying to myself while reading this. I've read you before, so the Author nic was an instant draw. You write amazingly, so diferently then anyone else, very glad I found you to read. Wonderful words and an awesome way with them, thanks for the pleasure...now, more, more...lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
terribly hypersentive

NOT

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Crappy and Sickening

Why not give her a present that she'd have the rest of her life--a baby in her belly and a kid to raise with her other guy?

don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Crappy and Sickening

Why not give her a present that she'd have the rest of her life--a baby in her belly and a kid to raise with her other guy?

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
Very nice work

Sad, very bittersweet.

Such rich language as well.

An excellent pice of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I love

your use of description, chinese figures on rice paper was a very beautiful way to say what you had to say. Your use of the English language is commanding. Can I be you when i grow up?

sacksackover 18 years ago
In many ways, your masterpiece....

the delicate imagery, the believability of the situation, the extraordinary descriptions, all uniquely your own. This is a mini-masterpiece, and I will always covet it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Who's kidding who?

Masterpiece? No way!

It was just a sad couple ending an illicit affair.

Lukas

Selena_KittSelena_Kittover 18 years ago
Treasure

What is more precious, the physical gift given, or the heart of the giver who gives it and the feeling/memory it creates? There is nothing but this one moment, and whatever we give is only symbolic of our love. Beautiful, Doc. In the hands of a lesser author, it could have been just a cheap, manipulative last-ditch-handjob on a bridge... in your hands, it was a deft and eloquent piece unraveling the true value and worth of our existence. This is a real treasure.

cookiejarcookiejarover 18 years ago
You finally did it...

You made my heart melt with this story. You get so deeply into each character's mind it floors me. I felt it all ... love, sadness, betrayal; that sense of loss as Jack walked away. Your work as always is wonderful; a testament to how talented an author you really are. Good luck!

Humbly...Cookie :)

ABSTRUSEABSTRUSEover 18 years ago
Beautiful.

You're a true craftsman, spellbinder, weaver of words and all the cliches and metaphors to say wonderful and inspiring.

Abs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Thunderous Applause

Doc,

You get better everytime you post. This was truly a great "short" story. So much said, so much left to the reader's mind!! You have truly matured as a writer and as a storyteller. You're the new #1.

A Nice Guy

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskinover 18 years ago
Doc, you keep setting the standard.

A first-rate job of story telling.

Rumple

Louise BrownLouise Brownover 18 years ago
Bittersweet...

I wanted to read Chapter 2 before commenting here. Both stories are so poignant, carrying the seasonal sadness or regret that most people try to ignore time of year, yet leaving an aftertaste of hope. Best of luck in the contest, Doc.

Aurora BlackAurora Blackover 18 years ago
Moving

Beautiful story, Doc. I loved the picture that you painted, and it made me cry. Good luck!

Alex De KokAlex De Kokover 18 years ago
Amen

I doubt I could say it better than the Reverend Rumply already has. So I won't. What I will say is, every now and again - briefly - I come close to hating you, then I resolve to try harder myself, next time. Excellent work.

Alex

minsueminsueover 18 years ago
...

Poignant and heartrending. Well done, Doc.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 18 years ago
A fascinating

story that made me want to read more about these people. Don't pay any attention to Don, even though he thought enough of himself to repeat his comment.

yuanelenayuanelenaover 17 years ago
Something I can't read again

Something I can't read again for every time I read it, my heart will be broken, like recalling my own sadness from memories. But I have read it again and again, and every time it hurts just as much.

I love it.

I thank you.

ciaddictciaddictover 13 years ago
Heartbreaking

I'm running out of adjectives to describe your writing. As always, you draw me in until I can feel the cold, feel him in my hand, feel my heart breaking as he walks away.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 13 years ago
Excellent

Not every love is returned, not every path the one to take. Great story,well done

Chilley

DanielQSteele1DanielQSteele1over 13 years ago
Beautiful

This is so damned good it's painful. It is a beautiful story. It wraps up love and heartbreak and loss and the tragedy of life. And it has a woman masturbating a guy. Where else but LIT could you ever find a story like this? It's why I love this place.

Finding_MeFinding_Mealmost 12 years ago
Heartbreaking

Somehow, the devastation and loss in this story makes it all that much more erotic.

KacheriKacheriabout 8 years ago
Gooooooooood!

My God you are the best writer! Best story yet and I do love them all! Thank you.

LustAndDepravityLustAndDepravityover 7 years ago
i think I'm crying

So beautiful :*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous