All Comments on 'Male Mind for Dummies'

by cashcrunch

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Right on

Not much to say, except that i agree with everything :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Interesting...

& I am SOOO glad I'm not a bloke! Must be hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Well said!

Couldn't have put it better myself. There are a lot of things the sexes just don't get about each other, and too many of these books and Dr. Phil's don't put it blunt enough like you have. They try and dress it up with unneeded psychobabble. Preach on brother!

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
And women think we are insensitive jerks!

It's a mindset. It's evolution. We are the products of nurture and nature and that's just the way it is.

IMHO, if a man can relate to a woman well enough to fake it - to sit through her diatribes about whatever passes from her mind to her mouth - and nod occasionally and say "Oh yes, I agree" while having no idea what the fuck she's talking about - well then, women can put up with men's little foibles as well.

"Male Mind for Dummies" - well written - funny - accurate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A Damn Fine Lesson

Except that the female of the species will not believe it. They have been conditioned by generations of women's libbers to believe that there's no such thing as gender difference, therefore our minds and attitudes are exactly the same as theirs. Ladies, if you do nothing else in this life, believe what is herein written because it is the "straight skinny." Mate, you've done it well and Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Finally....

Somebody has said the God's honest TRUTH. Ladies, please read/memorize/live by this story. It was blunt, it was accurate, and I got a chuckle or 2 out of it. Plus, he did mention the Patriots, and he had my undivided attention at that point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Wicked awesome read!

It was great to read about a guys mind. I'm a girl, but I love sports and cars, and seem to get chastized for it most of the time. How about those ChiSox!! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Somewhat true....

...up to the whole "Angel-Whore" complex. Some men have it, but others don't. That doesn't mean that I think of female family in a sexual way, but I don't split girls into radically different camps. To me, doing so is a sign of a mental disorder. But that's just my opinion. Right on in many ways, but on that point, see a therapist.

sacksackover 18 years ago
I totally disagree....

with pretty much everything you said. I can think of MANY men who have no particular interest in sports, love growing houseplants, are expert interior decorators, dress professionally and enjoy picking out their own clothes, are conversational on the phone, and don't fall asleep after sex. Your portrayal as the male species as just a step above a neanderthal ape is very insulting and just perpetuates those damaging stereotypes that box people into interests, philosophies, etc. Just for the record, I also know MANY women who are short on the phone, love sports, are fat slobs, don't know a thing about coordinating colors, and have a brown thumb. This essay doesn't mirrot real life at all and was the most distressing thing I've read on Literotica in ages. I feel sorry for anyone that actually believes this nonsense. It just drives a wedge between men and women and tries to pidgeonhole "feminine" and "masculine" concepts. A colossal disappointment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Come on Sack

I just read your bio. You're gay so of course you're not going to agree.

I loved when you said "Just sit back and listen. Act the way you want us to act when you're rambling on about your feelings or whatever." I have someone that really needs to read this :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Thank you Sack for your comment

Not all men are ball scratching Neandrathals and some of us women love them for that. I hate talking on the phone, I rarely shop and I actually pamper my man. I know this was tongue in cheek (or I think it was) but blanket statements are not a good idea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Me Tarzan You Jane

This wasn't serious. Please tell it wasn't serious. Oh it was.

Every stereotype is here for both men and women. There's the solid as a rock emotionless sex braggart shallow sexist man whose live is centered on professional sports and the chatterbox hopeless romantic jealous fragile and sensitive woman. What a crock of shit.

The biggest lie in the history of maledom is in there - men don't want to be with every attractive woman they see. Another crock of shit. Every man wants to lay every hot and not so hot woman he sees and quickly envisions every detail with every on of them.

There is one piece of truth. Men do care about how they look.

For the ladies reading this, any guy that says this is the truth is a caveman loser. The title should have been "Males to Avoid."

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Calm down, folks..

It's meant to be funny; that should be obvious. Some of it will fit you (or men you know) and some of it won't.

But just because you disagree does not make it the Herald of the Collapse of Western Civilization.

Lighten the hell up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Should be required reading for all couples...

The Male Mind for Dummies... What a hoot! Haven't laughed that hard in - well, in far too long. Well done! I think I'll print it out and leave it on my wife's pillow tonight. Great humor, wonderful satire, and there is just enough truth in what you say to make for delicious irony.

As to those posts taking you to task ("sexist pig" I think one called you and that was the nicest thing she had to say), obviously they need lighten up and get a life. Now that I think about it, the fact that they didn't recognize humor when they saw it may explain why they don't have a life...

cashcrunchcashcrunchover 18 years agoAuthor
cashcrunch moderation

Wow, there has been a lot of response to this on both sides of the coin.

To clarify a few things:

1) I did not realize there was a Humor & Satire literotica section, or else I would have put this in there. I can't help but notice that the relationship books are not found in this section (e.g., "Why Men Don't Have a Clue and Woman Always Need More Shoes" definitely wasn't, even though it was hilarious. Not all women care about shoes, eh?). Please take this rant with a grain of salt.

2) Please read the description. I don't understand why people are saying "Wait, all guys & girls aren't like this." No kidding, I started out stating that this was the case for one male mind. Sack obviously disagrees with me, which is great, he has every right to. Isn't that the point of this site? If you have your own opinion (or fantasy in most cases) write it down and submit it already.

3) Misandry is rampant in our society as much as, if not more than, misogyny and just because it's socially acceptable doesn't mean it's okay. Thanks for the "caveman" comments to prove this. Do you not see the irony of a "caveman" expressing his feelings on certain issues in a rant like this? So I shouldn't express my feelings because I'm a man and you disagree....? You can review all my postings to other writers and I NEVER post negative comments on female rants like mine (which are sexist and abundant).

There was a British "mock-umentary" on TV about how to train your husband using the same techniques you do a dog. This was hilarious, especially when they broke it to the guys. I laughed because it was funny. It was also incredibly sexist and would not be done with women or racial minorities believe you and me.

4) Relax and feel free to post whatever you want.

tickletickletickletickleover 18 years ago
Thanks

I'd love to give this piece to my mom whom since I was 12 tells me that men are dogs who would, given the chance, eat any bones; fresh or fossilized, and would dig dirts and burry the bones for later consumption, if they are already full. While I can't whole-heartedly believe that men would just look and walk away if Angelina Jolie-look alike insisted on planting her butt in their laps, I now would not wish hives on my partner whenever or thwack the side of his head whenever he check on other women. Instead, I'd probably join him by looking the women up and down, praising them while at the same time looking for the opportunity to tell him that said women have saggy boobs, awful haircuts, flat butt, etc etc. It's hard being a woman. Really.

CamisoleInSilkCamisoleInSilkover 18 years ago
I have a question...

When you say..Male mind for Dummies, are you calling women Dummies?

gregorymgregorymover 17 years ago
Not Entirely True

Your essay is well written, but the comments from the other authors are true. You have, unfortunately, stereotyped men into one single complex. There were some aspects of the male side that are true, but a lot of it seemed to be your OWN nature rather than MANKIND's nature.

I'm a guy who loves the arts - doesn't enjoy sports - and often sits on hills watching sunsets with my girlfriend thinking of bigger things than just "that's nice." Men go a lot deeper than that. It hurts to stereotype because some women and men will take this article seriously and think that all guys are like this - which is not true.

Indeed, there are aspects of humanity that makes us all the same. But for the most part, everyone is completely different. I work on the computer and talk to my girlfriend at times - I can multitask. I really feel everyone needs to stop defining the mental nature of somone as "Man" or "Woman." It's so much deeper than that. I've always felt that a "man" is only a man by his body, as a woman is a woman by her own body.

Otherwise, your essay was pretty well written. You stayed to your points and did not get side tracked. Organized, and clear. Of course, I don't agree with all of it, but if there wasn't opposition in the world - everything would be boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Absolutely spot on!!

Just thought I had to say, your submission not only made me laugh ou loud but also, perfectly mirror my own attitudes and thought processes. However, I'm amazed by the feedback from other readers. What a crock of politically correct, narrow-minded shit. Keep up the good work cashcrunch and try to ignore those daft, critical-for-the-sake-of-it

pricks ;-)

DarkniciadDarkniciadover 16 years ago
*chuckle*

I don't really fit the mold on a lot of points, and neither does my girl, but there are some things that are universal - even if not exactly the same stimuli/situations. I got a laugh out of this one, and there really is some insight into the bare wiring of the caveman mind in there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Put a smile on my face,

cheers. -- uk cynic

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Really?

Really, my boyfriend doesn't mind if i say something to him when he's watching a game, as long as it's "want a sandwich?" or "need more beer?" . Yes, I'm sexist against myself, pretty much. By the way, loved the story. This is basically what my boyfriend tells me, too, just...blunter.

mapili50mapili50over 11 years ago
Hilarious!

Okay, I knew most of this, but it's still entertaining and informative to read how a man's mind works.

Great job cashcrunch! Always great to be reminded that men and women think differently. Over-analyzing what a man has said, or how he acted, won't magically reveal "deep thoughts" ... that aren't there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Playgerism

Steve Harvey has this exact list in his book about how to keep a man. Nothing new.

bottovarnisbottovarnisover 2 years ago

Generally true...all of it. I'm a White Sox fan as well. Great season so far apart from the injuries. I agree particularly with the "looking at other women" category. I'm not going out blindfolded! Actually, I am a figure artist and a lot (but not all) the models are female and all are nude. No, I'm not running away with any of them, never in my plans. Would most women be okay with this? Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous